Partial So I did throw story of Custom Reido/Slave Fantasy against google translate and the result is OKish

torcher54

Jan 29, 2018
I found recently the Custom Reido Fantasy on drive, which I remembered as pretty good BDSM game, but the translations at the time were non-existent and google translate was terrible.

Now there are some basic translations of menu etc, but story is untranslated. Since the time, google translate neural networks had time to crunch up some text data and it works somewhat better. Not saying that it is all awsome and great, but it is better for sure.
Also, the current visual nover readers and stuff like that use the free google translate api which will time you out after a while.

I provide translation results so you don't need to use these readers etc.

Results of my work are in this repository:

including documentation "how to use"

Existing translations of the exe, menu etc I mention in the repo readme are here:

(raw files that already translated using instructions packed with current bittorrent distributions, use at your own risk)
PW: crf_translations

If you want, maybe check it out, play the game with the machine translations I provide a little, feel free to make pull requests with changed translations from google machine to actually something human...I will probably replace some stupid line here myself and push it to master when I have time.

I could start a official game thread should this post raise interest.

EDIT: 2022-07-03: I did the same with with that is way ahead google and the result is even better... (place script in GameData dir, you still need the translated exe from the mega link)

CRF Help.txt has some info for the game if you are lost

Last edited:

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Personally I do play many games with a machine translation, overall google is the one that gives me the best translation however if I use it too much it starts to give me a "fk you I won't work".

Overall the only issue I usually have is related to some games that are hard to hook.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Have you thought of making the same kind of patching for Make Me Lover or Kanotsuku2?
These old KISS games are unique gems in their own merit and deserving of proper translations, but a straight up mtl of everyone could easy in, and I like that you have a git open for improvements.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
So I pretty much got to the end of CRV with your translation, and it was actually pretty good, didn't feel like a regular mtl at all, more like deepl with some out of context lack of meaning, but anyway. It got me wanting to play this one as well, do you have a link for this torrent version you mentioned?
Also curious on how to install everything, from what I remember this game didn't even have a interface translation, so I need to first install the original japanese game, the partial second and then the dialog patch for last?

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
I found recently the Custom Reido Fantasy on drive, which I remembered as pretty good BDSM game, but the translations at the time were non-existent and google translate was terrible.

I could start a official game thread should this post raise interest.
I'm glad people still recognize what an awesome game CRF was.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Updated the initial post with deepL translation of the game text
Very good, I still didn't quite understand what was going on when trying playing it out.
Gonna ask again because why not, have you looked if its possible to do the same with xx2 or MML? I can provide the game files if you want to try, I also managed to extract cg resources from one in the past, tho I don't quite remember what was required there. I think the encryption was a bit more tricky.

torcher54

Jan 29, 2018
Gonna ask again because why not, have you looked if its possible to do the same with xx2 or MML?
I tried MML and I hit a wall, the extracted files that should contain the game text appear to be semi-encrypted and while I'm sure that the key/logic to the "pseudo-encryption" can be found in the game files, It is way too much work to be worth it for me.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
I tried MML and I hit a wall, the extracted files that should contain the game text appear to be semi-encrypted and while I'm sure that the key/logic to the "pseudo-encryption" can be found in the game files, It is way too much work to be worth it for me.
A shame, I remember some issues like that but someone managed to help extract just enough data to the get the images right. Also there was a partial interface translation from olden days. Thread probably still exists on HF.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
This game really lacks a partial translation as it is (interface and etc). I've trying to to get through, and the latest dialog deepl is pretty good (minus a few issues). However extremely lost at the game unsure on what the goal is, given that the shop and most action options are still guess work, a lot of those are written images too.

poof7

Jun 8, 2022
This game really lacks a partial translation as it is (interface and etc). I've trying to to get through, and the latest dialog deepl is pretty good (minus a few issues). However extremely lost at the game unsure on what the goal is, given that the shop and most action options are still guess work, a lot of those are written images too.
goal of game is basically 'train' all the girls you capture to eventually advance the plot to revive your dead lover; there is hcg for said lover so if you haven't gotten it yet, then you probably have to repeat until plot advances again.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
goal of game is basically 'train' all the girls you capture to eventually advance the plot to revive your dead lover; there is hcg for said lover so if you haven't gotten it yet, then you probably have to repeat until plot advances again.
Thanks, but that doesn't explain the UI, what the items are, changes in currency and mana, the difference love and torture slave, or whats the deal with territories and acquiring more slaves.

torcher54

Jan 29, 2018
I updated my first post with CRF_Help.txt file that should explain the flow of the game and some more

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
I updated my first post with CRF_Help.txt file that should explain the flow of the game and some more
Thanks that's an excellent guide, quite hard to find anything useful in the web, unless its nip, but I also found this for a more min-max walkthrough:

Though there are a few things I still don't quite get:
  • For example, when sucking blood from a salve you get a straight -40 to stamina and willpower, while you also don't any plus mana for sucking blood a second time. Isn't there anyway to recover this, or does it just mean that the slave has potential yield and after that she is disposable?
  • There is also something about selling slaves, but from my attempts it didn't seen like I got anything from it, nor any scene, that right?
  • In the other guide there is mention about fighting slimes, for whatever that means, I have no clue of what that could be.
  • In the tower shop, its not somewhat explained what the items in the first page are, unless the first four options are consumables. But there is a section about exchanging mana for coins, but at an extreme low rate, so I'm kinda confused how you're supposed to get thousands of coins for the other items.
  • I was also confused about how to unlock scenes, as in other games from the series you usually raise stats to be able to get certain special scenes, where as, if I understood it right you need to raise the hero/trainer's own stats to open more options. Plus a few other scenes that you get through interrogation/breeding etc. Is that all?
  • Also in respect to breeding, so that's the two girl icon on the left. I had no clue what that was about either...

Random1643528

Mar 21, 2020
Hello, I found the release version of CRF without the menu translation modifications. Where do I find the modified game or where can I download the mod it self?

torcher54

Jan 29, 2018
Hello, I found the release version of CRF without the menu translation modifications. Where do I find the modified game or where can I download the mod it self?
The mega link should have the menu translation files + the old google translate. The mediafire link has the new deepL translate.

So you probably want to get the files from Mega, and then the file from mediafire.

Reactions: Random1643528

Deleted member 216492

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
How do I stop the mouse from auto move by itself in the game? I can't figure it out and I can't really play the game when the game keep moving the cursor on it's own

Last edited:

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
Unfortunately there's one part of the game that will be impossible to translate, and those are the randomly generated mail letters sent to you by the slaves you sold, that seems to be hardcoded.

But most importantly, does anyone have the tool to decript and re-encript the images files? I want to re-translate the ui, there's some flaws and some other stuff that was left untranslated.

I remember there was a tool for this back on HongFire before it all went to shit, I know I downloaded that there years ago.

PS: I'm incredibly grateful to torcher54 for the text script, now I just need one for the images.