Partial So I did throw story of Custom Reido/Slave Fantasy against google translate and the result is OKish

torcher54

Jan 29, 2018
Erxkum
Here is tool that can be used to extract images from .arc files, it is ruby script and there is a readme with comment from author of the tool&translation + translated pngs from CRF.

It is quite simple - ruby arcextract.rb <filename>.arc will extract images to current dir, you can then edit them and then run ruby arcmake.rb which will pick up all images in the directory and pack them back to .arc file.
You identify which .arc file has menu images (SysImage.arc and SysImageB.arc ), extract them, translate them, pack them back, put them to game dir, replacing the old .arc files (after you do backup ofcourse...)
You can check the patch.bat for details how the tool was used to translate the CRF menus.

If you intend to just edit existing img translations, all you should need is get the tool with the images in the zip attached, check images in folders 2 and 4, edit them as you desire, run the patch.bat and it will create the SysImage.arc and SysImageB.arc with the images that were found in dirs 2 & 4.

Note that I did not create the tool. You need ruby to use it

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Erxkum
Here is tool that can be used to extract images from .arc files, it is ruby script and there is a readme with comment from author of the tool&translation + translated pngs from CRF.
Very, I'm learning japanese and it makes it a lot easier to play these games, though I still need to hook the game to translated some unknown bits, but you just can't do that with images, so its still helpful.
While on the topic, I wonder if anyone managed to extract the images from later KISS games, like MakeMeLover and Kanotsuku2.

76ceuld

Oct 13, 2020
Hi, can someone put up a link for this game? all the torrents are dead. I have a copy downloaded, but it's in 4 zipped files and I have no idea how to put them together.

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Hi, can someone put up a link for this game? all the torrents are dead. I have a copy downloaded, but it's in 4 zipped files and I have no idea how to put them together.
I'm not sure what torrent you're looking for, but I happen to have this one, I think a back of mine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

76ceuld

Oct 13, 2020
I'm not sure what torrent you're looking for, but I happen to have this one, I think a back of mine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi, Thanks for the torrent, but it doesn't solve my problem, which is that there are no seeders, so I can't download it. Then again, I'm kinda a noob in torrenting, so am I missing something?

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Hi, Thanks for the torrent, but it doesn't solve my problem, which is that there are no seeders, so I can't download it. Then again, I'm kinda a noob in torrenting, so am I missing something?
I'm seeding it right now, this is a trackerless torrent, so you need to enable DHT and make sure your ports are properly forwarded.

ertl

Jan 2, 2020
Could this be done for Custom Reido 3? Maybe torcher54 has a tutorial on how to do this? I guess we need to extract the text lines from the script.ysb file and then send to DeepL, but since the one for CRF was something like 86k entries, he didn't send them manually in DeepL. Did you use some script to do it?

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Could this be done for Custom Reido 3?
I've been playing of KISS last 2d games, and imo they work well with textractor, so it might be better to just use a on the fly translator. But I'm also learning japanese so it makes better to easier.

Reactions: freedim

mitomeen

Dec 7, 2019
Very, I'm learning japanese and it makes it a lot easier to play these games, though I still need to hook the game to translated some unknown bits, but you just can't do that with images, so its still helpful.
While on the topic, I wonder if anyone managed to extract the images from later KISS games, like MakeMeLover and Kanotsuku2.
Huh, I was planning to just chuck it in to translator++. It will not work does it?

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Huh, I was planning to just chuck it in to translator++. It will not work does it?
Yeah probably not, the engine seems to be a spin-off of the Kirikiri, and maybe Translator++ works with it, tho I did have some problem in the past decoding and recoding game files, so it will depend on that.

mitomeen

Dec 7, 2019
Yeah probably not, the engine seems to be a spin-off of the Kirikiri, and maybe Translator++ works with it, tho I did have some problem in the past decoding and recoding game files, so it will depend on that.
Yeah did the extraction and it some nonsense. I believe the file is encrypted. Dunno how the previous translator did the interface. Seems OCR translation is the only way to go. image.png

mitomeen

Dec 7, 2019
I found recently the Custom Reido Fantasy on drive, which I remembered as pretty good BDSM game, but the translations at the time were non-existent and google translate was terrible.

Now there are some basic translations of menu etc, but story is untranslated. Since the time, google translate neural networks had time to crunch up some text data and it works somewhat better. Not saying that it is all awsome and great, but it is better for sure.
Also, the current visual nover readers and stuff like that use the free google translate api which will time you out after a while.

I provide translation results so you don't need to use these readers etc.

Results of my work are in this repository:

including documentation "how to use"

Existing translations of the exe, menu etc I mention in the repo readme are here:

(raw files that already translated using instructions packed with current bittorrent distributions, use at your own risk)
PW: crf_translations

If you want, maybe check it out, play the game with the machine translations I provide a little, feel free to make pull requests with changed translations from google machine to actually something human...I will probably replace some stupid line here myself and push it to master when I have time.

I could start a official game thread should this post raise interest.

EDIT: 2022-07-03: I did the same with with that is way ahead google and the result is even better... (place script in GameData dir, you still need the translated exe from the mega link)

CRF Help.txt has some info for the game if you are lost
Mega link is dead

Reactions: palan