So many abandoned games before they even start?

Dark_Sytze

Mar 22, 2021
I've attempted making a few games, each time running into problems after getting a solid beginning going.

First problem I always encounter: I'm a perfectionist. Renders that looked good when I made them look horrible when I make better looking ones, which means I essentially have to start entirely from zero.

Secondly, adult games rely heavily on writing characters differently to make them seem like real people. I struggled with this a lot.

Finally, the sheer amount of work to produce even a simple game, and the fact that everything has already been done in some form. You think you have a cool idea, start working on it, spend 20 hours making renders, only to find a game which is pretty similar, has 50 renders per scene, great writing and lots of support.
Ofcourse the game is not actually the same, but it's really demotivating when it appears there's already a better version of "your game" out there.

Jul 22, 2019
I've attempted making a few games, each time running into problems after getting a solid beginning going.

First problem I always encounter: I'm a perfectionist. Renders that looked good when I made them look horrible when I make better looking ones, which means I essentially have to start entirely from zero.

Secondly, adult games rely heavily on writing characters differently to make them seem like real people. I struggled with this a lot.

Finally, the sheer amount of work to produce even a simple game, and the fact that everything has already been done in some form. You think you have a cool idea, start working on it, spend 20 hours making renders, only to find a game which is pretty similar, has 50 renders per scene, great writing and lots of support.
Ofcourse the game is not actually the same, but it's really demotivating when it appears there's already a better version of "your game" out there.
I can relate to pretty much every problem you stated, from newer renders making the old one's look like shit, having trouble writing, to eventually getting demotivated.
I'm now on my millionth try, trying to let go of perfectionism in renders, I do this by looking at some games with a lot of support, and how horrible some of the renders they have. If they can get away with it I can too. I'm beginning to structure my writing more, using documents etc., being a bit more organized, it has helped. The last part though I still struggle with unfortunately, and I don't think there is any clear cut solution for it either.

dynamix911

Dec 24, 2018

I'm in a similar situation but look at it differently. I've started and abandoned 3 projects, and am now working on a 4th. Each one I spent more time on than the previous, and each one has progressively improved in quality over the last, as-well-as produced more content faster. I don't consider those first 3 projects to be failures, but learning experiences. Figuring out what works and what doesn't and why, then wrapping that new knowledge into a better, more functional package.

You said yourself, you make a bunch of renders, figure out a new method to improve your renders, then the old ones look like crap. It's frustrating to realize that you won't be using those old renders after all the time you spent on them, but you wouldn't have improved if you hadn't made them in the first place, and the knowledge you gained is permanent.

Comparing my projects to other games out there. The first one was well below-average in basically every aspect. The second had a few areas where it excelled, but more where it failed. The third was really quite good in many ways, but still had a few major flaws which ultimately killed it. Now the 4th is shaping up nicely, to the point where I believe it compares quite favorably to all but some of the best games out there, and even perhaps stands alone in some respects.

Is it good enough to finally see a public release? At the moment, I think it is (although I want to finish more content first). I recognize that I may feel differently in the future and end up abandoning it too. But if that happens, I know I can take the knowledge I gained from making it, and carry that into another, even better project, just like I've done 3 times now.

Reactions: Echbert

Dark_Sytze

Mar 22, 2021
I'm now on my millionth try, trying to let go of perfectionism in renders, I do this by looking at some games with a lot of support, and how horrible some of the renders they have.
For me this doesn't work though. Sure there are a lot of bad renders out there, some with great story writing to back it up, others which are just subjectively bad games (subjectively because the developer might have invested a lot of time and effort and is quite satisfied with it).
But if I'm going to spend hours working on a game, I'd rather spend an additional 30 minutes per render to make it look perfect, instead of settling for it being mediocre. A single bad render can entirely reduce the quality of the game in my opinion at least.

I'm in a similar situation but look at it differently. I've started and abandoned 3 projects, and am now working on a 4th.
I absolutely dont view my previous attempts as failures, especially since I learnt a lot on how not to overreach. The game I'm currently working on will be something "relatively" small in scale (hopefully) so that I can finish it, see how people react to it and get some feedback on what to improve when I make a new attempt at a larger more complex game.
I'm also not doing this professionally or ever hope to earn money with it (too much effort in declaring taxes for most likely little return anyway) so even if it doesn't work, it kept me busy for a while.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
My big brain move was to try to make a text RPG with a decent story, characters, lewds, mechanics, all that shit. Originally inspired by CoC back in like 2012 or something, but I never really put on my big girl panties to try it until after I modded for a while (Monster Girl Dreams and Total War Warhammer 2 - weird combo eh?) and eventually realized it was something I could do. Maybe not do well, but do.

Yeah... it turns out that making complicated RPG mechanics, with close to 0 knowledge of programming and no knowledge of Python or Renpy, is hard. If it wasn't for the discipline I'd built up via modding, I don't think I would have gotten very far.

With a few stops and starts, it was around 4 months of hard work (and a few more of not so hard work) to get a 0.1 that took an entire ~20 minutes to play through! Only took me several hundred hours and rewriting large chunks of the code as I learned how to solve problems more effectively.

Now we're... I think 6 months in, with a lot more content, but I'm still learning new things constantly and running into new barriers. Commissioning high-quality art is super time-consuming (and expensive), actually delivering on character arcs at a level people expect is a new challenge every time, and balancing all the various aspects of story, characters, lewds, rpg, etc. is hard.

If I'm being honest here? Yeah, there were times before I released that I thought about how much easier it'd be to just... never finish it. Probably would have been the smart move too lol, I'm no Fenoxo or Thresh. Once I did a 0.1 though, there's no way I could back down afterward without at least giving it a proper shot.

You know what, though? I'm having fun. It's challenging but rewarding. Not financially mind you, but in terms of telling the story I want to and making the game I want to.

Besides, I've reconnected with a few old friends, so that alone was probably worth it.

Reactions: CaramelCowboy

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
I made the mistake of posting about my game (still in development) way back in 2016, on a different forum. I no longer post there regularly because I realized there was a huge discrepancy between what I thought that thread was and what other forum members thought it was.

In my mind, I was showing off some early work that had some potential to go somewhere. I was excited. I used big words. But nearly everyone who read and responded to the thread thought I was announcing a new game to be released in the near future.

From the beginning it was purposefully a hobby project, and because I could only put nights and weekends into it, I knew it was going to take a loooong time to do everything I wanted to do. I just wanted to have a place where I could post small updates here and there, to show off the work I'd done. Of course, you make games so that people can play them and that is my ultimate goal, so calling it a hobby project is maybe a half-truth. (And it's gotten far beyond that at this point.)

But every time I posted an update, the responses were always "cool, but when tho?" and "where can I download?". Over time I even saw a handful of "is this dead?" posts as I was actively typing code into visual studio.

I had completely misunderstood what that 'game development forum' was and why people went there. In fact, there weren't much discussion about game development at all. The discussions I wanted to have about master-slave mechanics couldn't really take root there. I ended up shifting to tumblr and later twitter, where I could throw up a screenshot and a brief "hey look, I did a thing" in a more casual context.

Last edited:

CaramelCowboy

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
I made the mistake of posting about my game (still in development) way back in 2016, on a different forum. I no longer post there regularly because I realized there was a huge discrepancy between what I thought that thread was and what other forum members thought it was.

In my mind, I was showing off some early work that had some potential to go somewhere. I was excited. I used big words. But nearly everyone who read and responded to the thread thought I was announcing a new game to be released in the near future.

From the beginning it was purposefully a hobby project, and because I could only put nights and weekends into it, I knew it was going to take a loooong time to do everything I wanted to do. I just wanted to have a place where I could post small updates here and there, to show off the work I'd done. Of course, you make games so that people can play them and that is my ultimate goal, so calling it a hobby project is maybe a half-truth. (And it's gotten far beyond that at this point.)

But every time I posted an update, the responses were always "cool, but when tho?" and "where can I download?". Over time I even saw a handful of "is this dead?" posts as I was actively typing code into visual studio.

I had completely misunderstood what that 'game development forum' was and why people went there. In fact, there weren't much discussion about game development at all. The discussions I wanted to have about master-slave mechanics couldn't really take root there. I ended up shifting to tumblr and later twitter, where I could throw up a screenshot and a brief "hey look, I did a thing" in a more casual context.
So anyway... Where to download....?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Yeah. I think that for the majority of the devs having such thread, here or somewhere else, it's some kind of "my journey to making a game" diary. While too many readers take it as an "early access to my game" thread.
But generally what will be posted on those threads is concept art and some ideas that came during the night. The dev is in search of some critical mind and encouragements, while the readers seem think that they are witnessing the last few days before the release of the best game ever made.

I had completely misunderstood what that 'game development forum' was and why people went there.
Don't really think it's you who misunderstood it.
Looks here by example, there's way more threads regarding the development process and problems solving, than threads pre-advertising for a game. But, alas, like anywhere else, those dev threads are misread by the readers, what tend to make them useless for the author.

Reactions: Tompte

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Renders that looked good when I made them look horrible when I make better looking ones, which means I essentially have to start entirely from zero.
Oh man, been there for sure.
But even then you finally milk the engine, you start with another multiple other ones, so this infernal cycle can continue (forever).

1414527351667.png

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Jamdan's Completely Unqualified Game Making Guide:

Part 1 Characters: You can't make a game without people to put in them. Decide how many you need (key word is NEED not want). I think between 3-8 LI's are the sweet spot for most games. If you have too many LI's the scope of the game becomes much larger thus way more difficult to manage. If you have too few, putting a story together is more difficult. But we're not just looking at LI's here. The MC. The extra's, like the cashier and mailman or whatever. Are all important.

Part 2 Characters #2: Two sections for characters? Damn right. So, you have the number of characters. I'm sure you have an idea of what they look like. The busty MILF. The cute teen. But...who are these people? What is their style? What do they like? Dislike? This stuff is critical to make good characters and a story. Think of "Who are you?" when you make your characters. Their dress style, does it match their personality? Do they like video games? Sports? Are you assigning a kink to them? Does that kink match who they are? Are they shy? Extroverted? Stupid? Funny? A downright douchebag?

Part 3 Characters #3: What?! 3 sections for characters? You know it. So, now you have the number of characters. What they look like. What they enjoy and dislike. Now the hard part begins, their development and relationships. What do they bring to the story? What is their purpose? Are they friends with someone else? What are the relationships like. Character development is important. They start out as X and end in Y. How do they get there? What can happen to make this shy, uncomfortable girl into a confident young lady? This character is supposed to be the bad guy, why is he the bad guy? What is he trying to do that is so bad? And how are the hero's of the story going to stop him? Or not? Are any of their routes going to cross? Is this a harem or solo LI game? How will that be managed in a sensible way?

Part 4 Story : Finally, we're out of the character section. Anyone still reading this? I hope not. Because now the biggest part of the game is going to start to take shape. Making your story. This is, IMO, the most critical aspect of games and why so many fail. Do you actually have a story? Or just some events in your head? "Yeah, that'd be so hot..." Ok whatever...how do we get there? From point A to B? Make yourself a general guideline. A storyboard if you will. Progression in mind. Ok, so Bob is going to become king of the world by the end of the game. How? What does Bob and his harem of gold-diggers do to become king of the world? How does he acquire his harem of gold-diggers? You need to have the broad story principals down before you start writing the story. So you don't get lost in the woods. Also consider your rendering and coding skills, if you can't code it or render it, don't put it in your story. You may want a big branching game...or do you?

Part 5 Story #2: Now we're getting somewhere! So you have your guide. You know what you want to do. And now it's time to do it. So....I think it's a good idea to write the entire game, yep the entire game. Before you make the release. Why? Simple. You'll hit writers block. You'll reread some stuff and realize "Wait a second...this is terrible!". You'll notice plot holes. You'll realize that Bob told Bill something that never actually happened. You'll rearrange stuff. Cut stuff. Add more stuff. All of this filtering will make the story a lot better. You're first draft is never good. It's better to work through this now before you release the game. First impressions are important. Reworking a broken story is never pleasant for anyone. And try to look through the eyes of the characters. Some people can't do that, but if you can they'll be better. What would Bob do in this situation? Consider what has happened before. What is happening now. And what needs to happen in the future.

Part 6 Renders: Congrats! You've made it this far. The story is coming along nicely. You have your characters down. But...they don't actually exist! What does Bob look like? You should already know. You should've pre-designed him in your notes. It's time to take your characters from your mind and make them real. Have you ever rendered before? Drawn anything? Practice makes perfect...but you don't need to be perfect. But let's assume that you're some render God anyway. Your renders belong in an art museum. So, render God...what is your process like? Hardware? I mean, sure you can make amazing renders...but can you make hundreds of them in a few months? What is your story like? A lot of branching? Then maybe you'll need to make thousands of them. "Well...first I design my own textures. Then I model the environments in Blender. And then I hand craft the skin and heavily mod their bodes and..." stop it, pal. Do you really think you can turn into a supercomputer? Or are you ok with a release every other year? Keep your process simple. Sure, all these bells and whistles are neat and all, but you're flying solo. You don't have a team. You're all alone. If you can make A+ level art in one-off renders, aim for B+ level art for your game. Trust me, It'll work better in the long run.

Part 7 Animation: Animations are neat. They bring life into your game...or do they? Good animations are hard, pal, really hard. They bring life into your game but they'll suck the life out of you, and more importantly, your PC if you aren't careful. Can you manage making animations? Do you actually know how to? Can your PC handle it in a timely manner? And even then...is it worth it? 30 renders in a sex scene or 2 5-second animations? Can you do both? Your call, but be warned, animations are very difficult. Bad animations will hurt the game, and you.

Part 8 Code: Finally, the end. You've made your renders. You've made the story. It's all good to go...and now...the code! For some, this is the easy part. But if you're a dummy like me, code is hard. If you don't know how to make a free-roam thingy, don't do it. Bugs galore. That fancy phone app? Stop it. Complicated stats? Don't you dare. This is tied heavily to your story. As I said above, if you can't code it, don't do it. Code is where you tie it all together or create a bug infested mess nobody will touch.
------------------

Well...that was longer than I expected. TLDR is plan ahead and don't bite off too much. Keep things simple, stupid. Being a "Game developer" isn't really being a game developer. You're, at least, a basic programmer. You're a amateur writer & story teller. Maybe even better if you have the talent for it. You're an artist, maybe not the best, but it's acceptable. You're an animator, if you choose to go that route. You're a computer tech, as your hardware and software won't work sometimes. Making a game is basically picking up half a dozen skilled side-hobbies in an attempt to make a game. That's why so many games are abandoned. People don't realize that.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Part 1 Characters: [...]
Part 2 Characters #2: [...]
Part 3 Characters #3: [...]
Part 4 Story : [...]
Part 5 Story #2: [...]
Many things among what you said are true, but this order, please no. It's like deciding to build a vehicle starting by defining the number of tire it will have ; if you don't go with what is natural for this number of tires, you end with a Tyrrell P34, full of promises, but in the end relatively useless.

It's the story that will define the boundaries for the characters, whatever their number, personality and relation with the others, not the opposite. Therefore, it's what have to come first, always. While you're placing the main points of your story, the characters will starts to appear, to have mandatory characteristics around which you'll develop them.
If, by example, it's a mystery and half story a girl come from the shadow to help the MC, this character need to be really smart, but also to have an average look (not necessarily body, it's a question of global looks), else it will not works. How a dumb girl can effectively help the MC ? How a bimbo can have stayed in the shadows, witnessing the situation without being seen herself ?
The same apply, by example, for a harem girl. You can't put a character with a controlling mentality in it, she would never agree to share the MC. And so on, each story and genre impose limitations to the characters.

Reactions: GNVE

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If you approach any endeavor with the belief that minimal effort will result in maximum reward then you will become disillusioned quickly. Honestly think that quite a few look at how much some of the bigger developers make and believe that creating a game will combine "what they love" with making a "buttload" of cash. Obviously making a game is a lot of work and if you are doing it alone you need to be able to self motivate, stay organized, and take criticism well. That's beyond having to learn how to make the game, create assets, and write something in terms of a story. As to story, while I think it is important, I don't believe a majority of porn gamers give a damn as long as the "girls" are sexy and there's a lot of sexy-time.

Aug 17, 2020
I'm also on this journey of starting a game - and am feeling a bit embolded by knowing that what I have done so far mimics the advice given here. I have my storyline flushed out, characters, environment etc all done. Granted, will be Ren'Py, granted will be HS2 renders/animations. But - I'm spending alot of time to make a Ren'Py framework which works for the purpose of the game. Once that framework is done and dusted, adding scenes and story in following releases should be easy as long as I stay within the framework. From my experience what greatly helped me storytelling wise, is mapping my characters to Dere types. This should be easy in a spreadsheet, and all interactions can be more easily mapped because the dere type gives a blueprint of that person's character. Do this before your story - as it will influence how you get from point A to point B. Think like a movie, go naturally from scene to scene, arc to arc, chapter to chapter. Good storytelling dictates every scene/arc/chapter has a start, body, finish. Second advice - do research. play lots of different games, write down what you like and dislike about them. Make a master document you can always refer to. For me, I like Harem Hotel alot, so I will take some clues from it. I know what I want, and what I don't want. Third, check with your friends and inner circle for the design of your characters. What you think looks sexy might not appeal to everyone. And lastly, BEFORE YOU START ON THIS JOURNEY, ask yourself the question WHY you want to make a game. To make money? Fame? Glory? Simply because you can? Or (like in my case) out of frustration of having too much stories in your head and insufficient creative outlets / hobbies to channel that creative demon in my mind... Always remember the value is in the journey, not the result. So I will wish you a pleasant journey ahead ;-)

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Many things among what you said are true, but this order, please no. It's like deciding to build a vehicle starting by defining the number of tire it will have ; if you don't go with what is natural for this number of tires, you end with a Tyrrell P34, full of promises, but in the end relatively useless.

It's the story that will define the boundaries for the characters, whatever their number, personality and relation with the others, not the opposite. Therefore, it's what have to come first, always. While you're placing the main points of your story, the characters will starts to appear, to have mandatory characteristics around which you'll develop them.
If, by example, it's a mystery and half story a girl come from the shadow to help the MC, this character need to be really smart, but also to have an average look (not necessarily body, it's a question of global looks), else it will not works. How a dumb girl can effectively help the MC ? How a bimbo can have stayed in the shadows, witnessing the situation without being seen herself ?
The same apply, by example, for a harem girl. You can't put a character with a controlling mentality in it, she would never agree to share the MC. And so on, each story and genre impose limitations to the characters.
To be honest there are more roads that lead to Rome. Some writers write the ending of the book before the beginning while others write in chronological order and some just start somewhere in the middle writing whatever they feel like at the time.
It depends on the writer what works better for them. Though some approaches are most definitely better than others I doubt there is one true best one.
For the three projects I have been busy with I had completely different approaches. From having a short story completed beforehand to only having major story points in my head and seeing how I'll get there (though I do have a novella's worth of worldbuilding for that project even though the game is more or less set in our world to inform the story progress).

Jul 22, 2019
As to story, while I think it is important, I don't believe a majority of porn gamers give a damn as long as the "girls" are sexy and there's a lot of sexy-time.
Agreed 100%. This is a personal pet peeve of mine and I get fired up anytime people make these sorts of criticisms. I've noticed a lot of "critics" here think any writing less than the next William Shakespeare is heresy. And any sex scene that doesn't have a sixty paragraph buildup with proper motivations for the characters is dumb. Any character that acts "not realistically" is automatically a nope for them (when in reality most of the time the character only did something they personally disagreed with). Completely forgetting its a fucking porn game and 90%+ of the crowd couldn't care less. The story can be as goofy and silly, and as unrealistic as it wants, so long as it adds to the eroticism and porn its all good. Nobody's here to read the next A Song of Ice and Fire.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Agreed 100%. This is a personal pet peeve of mine and I get fired up anytime people make these sorts of criticisms. I've noticed a lot of "critics" here think any writing less than the next William Shakespeare is heresy. And any sex scene that doesn't have a sixty paragraph buildup with proper motivations for the characters is dumb. Any character that acts "not realistically" is automatically a nope for them (when in reality most of the time the character only did something they personally disagreed with). Completely forgetting its a fucking porn game and 90%+ of the crowd couldn't care less. The story can be as goofy and silly, and as unrealistic as it wants, so long as it adds to the eroticism and porn its all good. Nobody's here to read the next A Song of Ice and Fire.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to make, or play, a game that is well written AND sexy. The problem with the genre is that most of the writing is worse garbage than you find in standard porn movies. Sure for a quick fap a plot isn't necessary but that isn't the only reason to play these games, I enjoy dating sims and games with a lot of choices besides "insert tab A into slot A or slot b?" Once a player has their quick fap, what keeps them coming back? A decent story with an interesting plot AND well done renders will definitely attract more interest over the entire development cycle than a "stroke story". The top 15 games, when sorted by weighted ratings, on F95 show that most players want more than a plot that functions as connective tissue.

Jul 22, 2019
There is nothing wrong with wanting to make, or play, a game that is well written AND sexy. The problem with the genre is that most of the writing is worse garbage than you find in standard porn movies. Sure for a quick fap a plot isn't necessary but that isn't the only reason to play these games, I enjoy dating sims and games with a lot of choices besides "insert tab A into slot A or slot b?" Once a player has their quick fap, what keeps them coming back? A decent story with an interesting plot AND well done renders will definitely attract more interest over the entire development cycle than a "stroke story". The top 15 games, when sorted by weighted ratings, on F95 show that most players want more than a plot that functions as connective tissue.
No I agree, that a good story makes us keep coming back. For me personally its the worldbuilding and overall setup. But what I disagree with is the notion of "good". For me, a good plot is one that is HOT. That's about it. There is always sexual tension in the scenes, or otherwise an underlying implication of something erotic in the overall plot (and this checks out looking at some of the most popular games). The most popular games on here, would be sneered at by the types of people I criticized in my previous post. Because of certain tropes like the woman losing her mind after seeing a cock, or guy creeping on his sleeping sibling (which are perfectly fine imo). What I hate is the expectation of fucking novels, bland boring, one sex scene every 18 chapters.
I have a mantra that I have said many times here: at the center of porn games should be porn, everything else, be it story, interesting characters, game mechanics, or whatever else, should be there to aid and enhance the porn. Nobody really cares about the tragic backstory of your character, or the huge info dumps. The adult content shouldn't be tacked on or expected as a "natural" evolution of the story. Also it shouldn't be there to serve the story, it should be the other way around. Extremely story heavy games, if they don't have a fetish hook from the get go, no matter how "interesting" the plot is usually get positive ratings from the few people who like that niche, but that's about it, they die down very quick.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No I agree, that a good story makes us keep coming back. For me personally its the worldbuilding and overall setup. But what I disagree with is the notion of "good". For me, a good plot is one that is HOT. That's about it. There is always sexual tension in the scenes, or otherwise an underlying implication of something erotic in the overall plot (and this checks out looking at some of the most popular games). The most popular games on here, would be sneered at by the types of people I criticized in my previous post. Because of certain tropes like the woman losing her mind after seeing a cock, or guy creeping on his sleeping sibling (which are perfectly fine imo). What I hate is the expectation of fucking novels, bland boring, one sex scene every 18 chapters.
I have a mantra that I have said many times here: at the center of porn games should be porn, everything else, be it story, interesting characters, game mechanics, or whatever else, should be there to aid and enhance the porn. Nobody really cares about the tragic backstory of your character, or the huge info dumps. The adult content shouldn't be tacked on or expected as a "natural" evolution of the story. Also it shouldn't be there to serve the story, it should be the other way around. Extremely story heavy games, if they don't have a fetish hook from the get go, no matter how "interesting" the plot is usually get positive ratings from the few people who like that niche, but that's about it, they die down very quick.
Hmm... Yeah, I am really on the opposite end. I want a good story which has some sex in it not sex with a little bit of story in it. For me games like City of Broken Dreams, Ripples, or Light of My Life are exactly the right mix of story and sex. I want to see what happens next in the plot AND I am happy with the sex scenes even though I may not see them all because I choose a couple of LI for the MC and ignore the rest. Nor am I inclined to replay the game multiple times to see all of the sex scenes or unlock a gallery. While games where the woman sees the MC's grotesquely enormous cock and becomes entranced are the standard they are just not what I am looking for personally. I have very limited amounts of time to spend on playing games, any games, and if I need porn to fap off to I can find it on various other websites. That doesn't mean other people can't enjoy that, it just isn't my thing. I'd even enjoy a game like Summer's Gone, which has no sex, if the development cycle wasn't a once or twice a year situation.

Jul 22, 2019
Hmm... Yeah, I am really on the opposite end. I want a good story which has some sex in it not sex with a little bit of story in it. For me games like City of Broken Dreams, Ripples, or Light of My Life are exactly the right mix of story and sex. I want to see what happens next in the plot AND I am happy with the sex scenes even though I may not see them all because I choose a couple of LI for the MC and ignore the rest. Nor am I inclined to replay the game multiple times to see all of the sex scenes or unlock a gallery. While games where the woman sees the MC's grotesquely enormous cock and becomes entranced are the standard they are just not what I am looking for personally. I have very limited amounts of time to spend on playing games, any games, and if I need porn to fap off to I can find it on various other websites. That doesn't mean other people can't enjoy that, it just isn't my thing. I'd even enjoy a game like Summer's Gone, which has no sex, if the development cycle wasn't a once or twice a year situation.
Yeah its perfectly fine to enjoy what you enjoy lol. Its just the policing that gets me. But I would also argue that some of these games, like the one's you mentioned with absolutely no sex scenes or erotic content in it, don't really belong on this site, or at least don't really deserve to be called adult/porn games. They're just regular games. (Unless they're exploring other adult themes, like violence etc. even then still not porn games).