2.60 star(s) 12 Votes

nulnil

May 18, 2021
You are free to enlighten me about those fetish mechanics
I'm late to the converstation here, but basically:

The title "Sexual Game Mechanics" or anything along those lines is kind of misleading, because game mechanics can't inherently be sexual. What they really mean is sexual content as a direct result of an action, and that whatever that action is, is relevant to gameplay. If you've played a battlefuck game like Karryn's Prison, just think of that. You do a certain action, it does something in gameplay and also shows sexual content.

A 'regular' h-game has an overwhelming majority of it's sexual content be shown as long-term results, which usually is problematic because it can be a very long time between those milestones. If a player goes too long without any sexual content, or more specifically, without thinking about sexual content, they'll lose arousal. Basically, having gameplay actions that show sexual content allows players who are engaged with the gameplay to still be aroused. That doesn't mean there can only be one or the other in a given game though.

Sex-actions can also be used to better represent certain fetishes through the interactivity of gameplay. We've all seen someone ask "pregnancy mechanic or pregnancy ending" before. Of course some fetishes can't usually be translated to gameplay like feet or armpits in a way that makes them unique to other mechanics.

Reactions: Nayenezgani

Shirobine

Sep 17, 2017
I'm late to the converstation here, but basically:

The title "Sexual Game Mechanics" or anything along those lines is kind of misleading, because game mechanics can't inherently be sexual. What they really mean is sexual content as a direct result of an action, and that whatever that action is, is relevant to gameplay. If you've played a battlefuck game like Karryn's Prison, just think of that. You do a certain action, it does something in gameplay and also shows sexual content.

A 'regular' h-game has an overwhelming majority of it's sexual content be shown as long-term results, which usually is problematic because it can be a very long time between those milestones. If a player goes too long without any sexual content, or more specifically, without thinking about sexual content, they'll lose arousal. Basically, having gameplay actions that show sexual content allows players who are engaged with the gameplay to still be aroused. That doesn't mean there can only be one or the other in a given game though.

Sex-actions can also be used to better represent certain fetishes through the interactivity of gameplay. We've all seen someone ask "pregnancy mechanic or pregnancy ending" before. Of course some fetishes can't usually be translated to gameplay like feet or armpits in a way that makes them unique to other mechanics.
It's worth noting that there are no accepted definitions of what is a game mechanic. I simply use the term H game mechanic because it's easily understood to be a system or relative correlation event exclusive to a hentai game, something all creators making said class of game should always be keeping in mind. Mechanics that directly enable deeper concentrations of a fetish such as multiple stages of belly growth, mind control or transformation could easily be construed as a mechanic that only an H game would have for example.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
IMO an H-game mechanic is a mechanic which directly ties into sex somehow. Whether it's making sex scenes a battle with HP and cum meters, having the MC be able to get knocked down and fucked, pregnancy altering statistics if you have too much sex, or a cum meter that game overs you when you're overfilled.

It doesn't really need to be sexual in and of itself, just related in some way to the sex happening in the game. Route flags in an eroge would count, for example, albeit as possibly the simplest mechanic imaginable.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
Yes, in future updates
Will this be an optional or forced mechanic?

--

I struggle with interest in this game. There is definitely potential, but it seems confused. Most my personal issues with it are because I'm left handed and cannot change the controls, the gunplay mechanics leave a lot to be desired either way, and the combat seems to be more of a focus than the H content. Both in importance and overall content. The Boss arena being timed, and that time not being suspended if caught and want to enjoy the scene... seems counter intuitive. Why even put it in there if you have to immediately exit to not fail the round? Taking control rewards you nothing, making that mechanic seem equally as pointless. I know it's early, and I will keep an eye on this one, but supporting at this point seems way too risky.

Last edited:

Nayenezgani

Jan 5, 2024
Will this be an optional or forced mechanic?

--

I struggle with interest in this game. There is definitely potential, but it seems confused. Most my personal issues with it are because I'm left handed and cannot change the controls, the gunplay mechanics leave a lot to be desired either way, and the combat seems to be more of a focus than the H content. Both in importance and overall content. The Boss arena being timed, and that time not being suspended if caught and want to enjoy the scene... seems counter intuitive. Why even put it in there if you have to immediately exit to not fail the round? Taking control rewards you nothing, making that mechanic seem equally as pointless. I know it's early, and I will keep an eye on this one, but supporting at this point seems way too risky.
it will be an optional DLC that will be free to download.

About the controls, they are setup in a way that will allow change, but right now this is not a priority, at least until the steam demo.

I was thinking about the timer and during animations I will stop it in the next patch.

"Taking control rewards you nothing, making that mechanic seem equally as pointless." - If you are in control you can execute the abilities otherwise you can't and the animations that play when in control will be different than the ones when you aren't in control, but currently I got 1/2 animation(s) per scene, so I cannot realize that idea completely.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
it will be an optional DLC that will be free to download.

About the controls, they are setup in a way that will allow change, but right now this is not a priority, at least until the steam demo.

I was thinking about the timer and during animations I will stop it in the next patch.

"Taking control rewards you nothing, making that mechanic seem equally as pointless." - If you are in control you can execute the abilities otherwise you can't and the animations that play when in control will be different than the ones when you aren't in control, but currently I got 1/2 animation(s) per scene, so I cannot realize that idea completely.
Thanks for the reply. I don't get on here often and its always nice to see an active Dev. I will mess around with the "Take Control" mechanics to see if I can familiarize myself better. It sounds as if I am just missing something. Appreciate you being open to feedback. I'll try to be more constructive about it in the future.

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I don't get on here often and its always nice to see an active Dev. I will mess around with the "Take Control" mechanics to see if I can familiarize myself better. It sounds as if I am just missing something. Appreciate you being open to feedback. I'll try to be more constructive about it in the future.
When you click on "Take Control" it will show a partially open ring which will disappear in a few seconds. Pound on the spacebar to get the ring completed. When the ring is completed, the mini-game will start. To play the mini-game, hit the space bar when the moving circles are inside the ring. Once you get enough points from successfully hitting the space bar, you can execute the abilities; one lets you heal Melany, the other drops fireballs onto the enemy and damages them.

Nayenezgani

Jan 5, 2024
Thanks for the timer feedback, I was doubting about this before release but now I see it's a good thing to do

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nayenezgani

Jan 5, 2024
When you click on "Take Control" it will show a partially open ring which will disappear in a few seconds. Pound on the spacebar to get the ring completed. When the ring is completed, the mini-game will start. To play the mini-game, hit the space bar when the moving circles are inside the ring. Once you get enough points from successfully hitting the space bar, you can execute the abilities; one lets you heal Melany, the other drops fireballs onto the enemy and damages them.
Yes, that's exactly how you must play it, maybe I should add more instructions to that mini game as well?

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
The take control minigame is definitely in need of a touchup, as I said before. Even though you damage enemies it really doesn't look or feel like it, and it's not evident that you need to take control in the first place (maybe give the player something to do when they're not in control? And/or some different animations to make it more clear when the game thinks you're being dommed)

Nayenezgani

Jan 5, 2024
The take control minigame is definitely in need of a touchup, as I said before. Even though you damage enemies it really doesn't look or feel like it, and it's not evident that you need to take control in the first place (maybe give the player something to do when they're not in control? And/or some different animations to make it more clear when the game thinks you're being dommed)
Different animations will be the main thing (visual) to differentiate them, but in order to do that I need time to create those and with every release there will be more NSFW anims :)

2.60 star(s) 12 Votes