Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Haven't played the game in quite a while, tried the newest version. Spells, bestiary/gallery and voice in game with the slight shaking is a very nice addition, it really makes a big difference. Would be nice if that would be included in the gallery as an option as well.

I have a couple of bugs though, like buying items before the run, but they are not in my inventory when the run starts.
And i either don't understand how triple shot skill on the archer works, or it's bugged, cuz sometimes it damages first enemy in the front of each row, and sometimes it only damages one enemy in one row and nobody else, when there are enemies in other rows. This is not how it worked previously, so i don't get it.

Speaking of bugs, i saw the roadmap and it's very bug themed. "hive city" and many insect themed enemies, i wonder how far that theme would go. Like oviposition, infestation and other fetish bug-things, or it's simply be an aestetic choice ?

And another question, some enemies as of now, have no gallery at all, like Wargs or some mini-bosses, will they receive H-animations in the future or nah ?

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
And another question, some enemies as of now, have no gallery at all, like Wargs or some mini-bosses, will they receive H-animations in the future or nah ?
Avoiding giving the wargs stuff because I'm not sure what Patreon would flag as bestiality or not.
Regarding the bosses and stuff...
That's a secret, sorry.

Also there might be some bug fetish stuff in there, probably nothing too crazy though.

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
Avoiding giving the wargs stuff because I'm not sure what Patreon would flag as bestiality or not.
do you mean that as avoiding till final update and patreon wouldn't matter anymore for the game or just in general

anonimus_bell

Jul 18, 2019
I have a problem. When i start the game it runs for like 5 mins and then gets stuck forever. Is it my weak laptop's fault or did someone else got that problem too?

Apr 10, 2019
Played this game for longer than I'd like to admit. The gameplay loop is really fun and overall the game has a lot of potential. The art is amazingly drawn and the character designs are really cute. The music is good and fits well. I'll definitely be looking forward to future updates.

Some little gripes tho:
-Some of the ninja girls idle animations have some pretty obvious tearing. It looks like a 2d drawing was 3d-ified and the animations were put onto that. It doesn't look bad but the obvious cut between the girl and her tits when she moves does, especially on the ninja girl. Seems like a really easy fix tho. I could try to fix the idle animation tearing if you want.
-The art is really good and it's clear a lot of time and effort went into it but the groping image of the girls flash by much too fast by default so you can't really see it well which I think is a real shame. I think the default time the images are shown should be higher (I usually keep it around 2-3s.) There's an error where slider value resets after every game (also the slider stays in the same number when it resets.) So you have to move the slider twice to change the value back to what you already set it as.
-I don't think using patreon is the way to go because of their censorship rules. I personally don't support games that use patreon for that reason and...
-The number of lewds is definitely a weak point and I think it would be nice if the fucking image was a small animation loop instead but I know this would add a lot of work. The number of lewds is also bottle necked but the number of different enemies and because of patreon the wolf will never get any.
-The game is most satisfying when the girls are getting fucked on the reg throughout your run and you don't lose. When you know what you're doing I found this harder to do safely or at all sometimes weirdly I found it easier earlier on, maybe bacause of more slimes? Rn either I lose stamina and lose, get fucked and lose or win without getting fucked at all. I end up exclusively trying to get the powers that use some sexual resistance to make it happen more often (to the point of quitting to the menu to get the powers I want) irrespective of how actually useful the power is. Not sure what the solution to this would be tho. Reducing the max sexual resistance may help but it'll make the game a lot harder and...
-I feel like the game is a little too hard because the real goal is to get the girls fucked as often as possible while winning which is hard to do simultaneously. And that's if you ignore the other goal of getting enemies and bosses to 5 health to catch them. A lot of the time if you have no AOE powers you're just straight up screwed. Some permanent upgrades would help a lot and would be a welcome addition. Like maybe you could use 500 or 1000 of the hub money to raise the damage of a girl by 1 or 2 or something.
-I exclusively use the stat up item to always raise damage and stamina recovery or max stamina since the other upgrades are mostly useless. Also the usefulness of the girls are a little uneven with the arrow girl being the most useful.

<<Most Important>>
-When a girl gets enslaved I think it's too hard to get them back and it's incredibly difficult to survive and progress with only one or two of the girls. This is a shame since they have a different look and new enemy groping art and getting fucked art that obviously had a lot of time put into after you free them, and their sexual resistance is halved but it's very rare that you'll ever see them. This means that half of the content of the game is locked behind the girl being enslaved then freed which happens much too infrequently during regular play. Having all the girls be enslaved then freed in the same run is near impossible. (See Edit)

Just my 2 cents. The game definitely great tho. It's rare to see a lewd game with actual gameplay and even rarer for that gameplay to actually be good. How often is the game updated?

Edit: Half of the art is locked behind the girl being freed from slavery. To maximize the run with the girls in this state reroll the map until the slaver is one of the first stops and then pick powers that use stamina. Fight the slaver and get the girls enslaved before you beat him. He usually drops a slave ticket as well. This way you can have have all the girls in slave mode for the majority of the run.

Last edited:

dragonsix6969

Apr 26, 2019
Played this game for longer than I'd like to admit. The gameplay loop is really fun and overall the game has a lot of potential. The art is amazingly drawn and the character designs are really cute. The music is good and fits well. I'll definitely be looking forward to future updates.

Some little gripes tho:
-Some of the ninja girls idle animations have some pretty obvious tearing. It looks like a 2d drawing was 3d-ified and the animations where put onto that. It doesn't look bad but the obvious cut between the girl and her tits does, especially on the ninja girl. Seems like a really easy fix tho. I could try to fix the idle animation tearing if you want.
-The art is really good and it's clear a lot of time and effort went into it but the groping image of the girls flash go by much too fast by default so you can't really see it well which I think is a real shame. I think the default time the images are shown should be higher (I usually keep it around 2-3s.) There's an error where slider value resets after every game (also the slider stays in the same number when it resets.) So you have to move the slider twice to change the value back to what you already set it as.
-I don't think using patreon is the way to go because of their censorship rules. I personally don't support games that use patreon for that reason and...
-The number of lewds is definitely a weak point and I think it would be nice if the fucking image was a small animation loop instead but I know this would add a lot of work. The number of lewds is also bottle necked but the number of different enemies and because of patreon the wolf will never get any.
-The game is most satisfying when the girls are getting fucked on the reg throughout your run and you don't lose. When you know what you're doing I found this harder to do safely or at all sometimes weirdly I found it easier earlier on, maybe bacause of more slimes? Rn either I lose stamina and lose, get fucked and lose or win without getting fucked at all. I end up exclusively trying to get the powers that use some sexual resistance to make it happen more often (to the point of quitting to the menu to get the powers I want) irrespective of how actually useful the power is. Not sure what the solution to this would be tho. Reducing the max sexual resistance may help but it'll make the game a lot harder and...
-I feel like the game is a little too hard because the real goal is to get the girls fucked as often as possible while winning which is hard to do simultaneously. And that's if you ignore the other goal of getting enemies and bosses to 5 health to catch them. A lot of the time if you have no AOE powers you're just straight up screwed. Some permanent upgrades would help a lot and would be a welcome addition. Like maybe you could use 500 or 1000 of the hub money to raise the damage of a girl by 1 or 2 or something.
-I exclusively use the stat up item to always raise damage and stamina recovery or max stamina since the other upgrades are mostly useless. Also the usefulness of the girls are a little uneven with the arrow girl being the most useful.
-When a girl gets enslaved I think it's too hard to get them back which is a shame since they have a different look that obviously had a lot of time was put into it after you free them and their sexual resistance is halved but you don't get to see it as often as you'd like. Having all the girls be enslaved then freed in the same run is near impossible.

Just my 2 cents. The game definitely great tho. It's rare to see a lewd game with actual gameplay and even rarer for that gameplay to actually be good. How often is the game updated?
i agree about patreon, they need punishment with money.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
thanks for your feedback!

When it comes to updates, we're definitely getting to the point where we'll be able to update more frequently. (we had to take a few months to redo all of the code from the prototype.) So far since then we've done the bestiary update which tightened up the gameplay loop and added spells to the game. Currently we are VERY close to finishing the first of the updates for level 2, no release date yet, but i'm HOPING we finish it this month.
(you can see our roadmap for free on Patreon)

CardinalRed

Amazing Dev
Game Developer
Sep 8, 2021

Some little gripes tho:
-Some of the ninja girls idle animations have some pretty obvious tearing. It looks like a 2d drawing was 3d-ified and the animations were put onto that. It doesn't look bad but the obvious cut between the girl and her tits when she moves does, especially on the ninja girl. Seems like a really easy fix tho. I could try to fix the idle animation tearing if you want.
-The art is really good and it's clear a lot of time and effort went into it but the groping image of the girls flash by much too fast by default so you can't really see it well which I think is a real shame. I think the default time the images are shown should be higher (I usually keep it around 2-3s.) There's an error where slider value resets after every game (also the slider stays in the same number when it resets.) So you have to move the slider twice to change the value back to what you already set it as.
-When a girl gets enslaved I think it's too hard to get them back which is a shame since they have a different look that obviously had a lot of time put into after you free them, and their sexual resistance is halved but you don't get to see it as often as you'd like. Having all the girls be enslaved then freed in the same run is near impossible.

Aside from what was already said, we have an , and you can wishlist the game on
We may do subscribestar in the future, I'm not sure about that.

Lukerzy

Mar 18, 2020

Some little gripes tho:
-When a girl gets enslaved I think it's too hard to get them back which is a shame since they have a different look that obviously had a lot of time put into after you free them, and their sexual resistance is halved but you don't get to see it as often as you'd like. Having all the girls be enslaved then freed in the same run is near impossible.

Some of the most valuable 2 cents I've ever heard for a game like this. very well said.

Lukerzy

Mar 18, 2020
I feel like the Archer's gimmick of "50% chance to deal double damage" should just be spread out among the other characters since the whole mechanic is just critical hits, but, since the knight and ninja have their own gimmicks, they should have a smaller chance of dealing double damage like the ninja only having a 25% chance for example.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I feel like the Archer's gimmick of "50% chance to deal double damage" should just be spread out among the other characters since the whole mechanic is just critical hits, but, since the knight and ninja have their own gimmicks, they should have a smaller chance of dealing double damage like the ninja only having a 25% chance for example.
I disagree for these reasons:
That gives the player like a pretty significant increase in damage output which would greatly effect the difficulty of the game. (I don't want this game to be easier)
Also that would make all 3 heroine's basic attacks feel like a dice roll, and i don't want that. Archer's basic has the stress of not getting a crit chance, but it's nice to have a loss of that stress with the other two. They deal reliable damage, so you know who they can and cannot kill. Sometimes I want to keep enemies alive at lower HP values, if everyone has a crit chance then it can fuck up a lot of the strategies, especially when it comes to catching monsters.

Apr 10, 2019
I disagree for these reasons:
That gives the player like a pretty significant increase in damage output which would greatly effect the difficulty of the game. (I don't want this game to be easier)
Also that would make all 3 heroine's basic attacks feel like a dice roll, and i don't want that. Archer's basic has the stress of not getting a crit chance, but it's nice to have a loss of that stress with the other two. They deal reliable damage, so you know who they can and cannot kill. Sometimes I want to keep enemies alive at lower HP values, if everyone has a crit chance then it can fuck up a lot of the strategies, especially when it comes to catching monsters.
I agree with you that giving everyone a crit chance wouldn't work, but I feel that the other girls should have some gimmick that evens them out slightly. Right now the ninja girl is objectively the worst as she can only move enemies one space while doing the same damage as the swordswoman. Her min damage across the field is higher than the other two but that's only by 2. Maybe the swordswoman's damage should be raised slightly and the ninja girl could do half damage to an enemy one step closer to the front? Some of the spells will have to be adjusted for this tho. It's also that the arrow girl always has an enemy in her zone and is able to do her max damage at all times since enemies spawn consistently. The blue portal enemies are especially annoying since they have two spaces to get in range and have 40 health. I'm not sure how the spawning works but sometimes you can get 3 of them in a turn then two more in the next turn which amounts to 200 health in the space of two turns. If you assume max damage but no powers they would take 7 turns to clear while other enemies can also spawn.

I think the enemy spawning should be more consistently health based and some higher health (boss level) regular enemies that don't do boss level damage should spawn and after the spawns slow do a lot. These enemies will then have time in everyone's zone. I would increase the swordswoman's damage a smidge and let her push enemies back 3 places, and let the ninja girl pull and enemy two spaces instead of one and do half damage to an enemy directly in front of it. To keep the difficulty consistent I think enemies should be allowed to come in from the sides as well (but you see them for a turn first just like when enemies come in from the back) and the field could be widened by increasing the number of columns of each zone by one. (And row maybe but then I think damaging multiple enemies should be more prevalent. Maybe the arrow girl does no multi enemy damage and the other girls do to varying amount and to different spaces which would further differentiate between the girls). When you push enemies into another enemy I think it should be moved as well until the full movement is complete instead of stopping with the extra damage still being there. All this would allow you to control the field more and allow more freedom in gameplay without lowering the difficulty too much. It would also remove the arrow girls advantage of always having an enemy in her zone and evenly split this advantage. I think when a girl in enslaved or the game ends with the girl being enslaved that should carry on to the subsequent runs. The girls can be restored to their original state either for free at the hub or for a price.

But all this is just some suggestions/ideas that I think will be cool. I'm not sure about the feasibility or viability of any of this tbh. And I'm not trying to tell you how to make your game obv

Reactions: Trongle

Demonstorm

Jun 17, 2020
I agree with you that giving everyone a crit chance wouldn't work, but I feel that the other girls should have some gimmick that evens them out slightly.
Knight has a knock back and Ninja can pull enemies closer she also has stupid damage and utility on her skills, even though Archer is my favorite design wise, she can easily be considered the weakest of them, her crit is basically useless, most of the time you would be using her traps for crowd control because her damage skills are kinda bad, giving knight a 3 square knock back would be bad because and I'll say it again, Ninja has stupid damage, the subsequent run thing isn't a bad idea but a wardrobe would be better and I'll add this as a tip, only buy the good power up, it'll reduce the chances you'll get one of the not bad ones

Reactions: Trongle

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
New update is live for early access patrons. The rest of you can play it in 7 days.

Changelog:

-Added new level map: Toxic Canyon

-Added rest area
-Added claw machine minigame

-Added quicksave mechanic for rest area

-Added new enemies:

Added Cutterfly enemy

Added BlockRoach enemy

Added Counterpillar enemy

Added Doomcap enemy

Added MushMan enemy

Added Arachnet S.L.A.V.E minion

-Added new minibosses

Added Scorpa mini boss

Added Tumbully mini boss

Added Arma mini boss

Added Silky S.L.A.V.E boss

-Added level boss: Toxic.

-Added hint giving Robot guard

-Added boss skill

-Nerfed Intimidating glare and smokebomb to 50% damage

-made wide slash skill better.

AnubiSs2167

Mar 1, 2018
I keep hammering this point cuz i dont want other creators wake up one day with whole income cut off like i did. Even without a dog scenes game is still banable on patreon, all bdsm kidaping thing breaks the ToS, you are playing with fire relaying on patreon. If you get a suspension right before billing cycle, even if resolved few days later, you will still get 0 money for this month.

Reactions: TometoAlertigus
4.50 star(s) 40 Votes