• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

TO9x2

Jun 8, 2022
New to this site. Just discovered this thread the other day and WOW, you guys have done some amazing work.

I usually do video editing and sometimes dabble with Photoshop for UI stuff but I usually don't do "character art" so I apologize for how simple my stuff is. Ultimately, I did a few edits for Wonder Woman and my favorite, Donna Troy (I was so shocked and thrilled to see she made it into SU).

To start, here are the first two are just color edits of Diana with her look from The New 52.

WonderWoman-New52.jpg
Low resolution as I made it before discovering Pack 35. Will redo in higher res in the future.

Pack29_169_LoboNew52.png
A high res New 52 version of Diana x Lobo.

And now a WIP of Diana in a black dress for going out. And making bad decisions in.

Wonderwoman_4_46 Date WIP.jpg WonderWoman-DateNight.jpg

As for Donna Troy, I wanted to do something even more substantial. Her red dress from Titans Vol 2.
Current WIP:
Donna-WIP.jpg

The shoes came along decently well I think. (Pretty happy with turning her flats into heels.) The hard part will be the dress itself. I did a simple version to get the shape down. Next will be making it look like fabric, which will be the challenge for me.

But then I remembered the dress looks different in the issue than from the cover.

RedDress-Comparison.jpg

Now I'm trying to decide which version to go with. Or combine them.

New to this so open to criticism, suggestions, tips, and tricks!

TheGreenCat

Nov 6, 2017
If anything, can we get a goth Starfire? Something for her to match with Raven.
That's pretty much what I was going for if you look at my previous comment in this post. Well not really goth, but at least more punk.
At first I wanted to make a goth version of her and Terra but I felt like it was better to keep at least some things from the original characters so they didn't lose their essence. I mean if you change Starfire's colours to darker ones you end up with Blackfire so that's not really interesting.

If you have suggestions I'm sure I could get back into it and change some things

Reactions: Testerguy19

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
That's pretty much what I was going for if you look at my previous comment in this post. Well not really goth, but at least more punk.
At first I wanted to make a goth version of her and Terra but I felt like it was better to keep at least some things from the original characters so they didn't lose their essence. I mean if you change Starfire's colours to darker ones you end up with Blackfire so that's not really interesting.

If you have suggestions I'm sure I could get back into it and change some things
Maybe piercings and a tattoo or two.

Lovekraut

Apr 15, 2022
Awesome to see the number of art and contributors growing!

I'm finally able to deliver on some BlackCanary-content. First some quality-time with Oliver.
SR7_fanedit_ArtemisBordello02_BlackCanary.jpg SR7_fanedit_bcStrip02.jpg
Not entirely sure what's going on in the second pic. Maybe some rich-people-kink.

And I hope you appreciate YoungJustice-BlackCanary as much as I do because I spent quite some time on this edit:

SR7_fanedit_BlackCanary_YoungJusticeTraining.jpg

New to this so open to criticism, suggestions, tips, and tricks!
Not sure if this helps with your WIP but I made an attempt to bring Donnas dress closer to the way SR7 would draw it:

Donna-WIP-B.jpg
Took Hawkgirl as a reference - added some rimlight following the one already established on the body, some shading/folds and as always some noise-filter on top. If you aren't already fimiliar with it SR7 made a tutorial on it (scroll down a bit):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018

I'm finally able to deliver on some BlackCanary-content. First some quality-time with Oliver.
View attachment 1871851 View attachment 1871852
Not entirely sure what's going on in the second pic. Maybe some rich-people-kink.

And I hope you appreciate YoungJustice-BlackCanary as much as I do because I spent quite some time on this edit:

View attachment 1871860

Not sure if this helps with your WIP but I made an attempt to bring Donnas dress closer to the way SR7 would draw it:

View attachment 1871869
Took Hawkgirl as a reference - added some rimlight following the one already established on the body, some shading/folds and as always some noise-filter on top. If you aren't already fimiliar with it SR7 made a tutorial on it (scroll down a bit):
Lovely! Now imagine most of the YJ girls in that style...you'd kill it. I'd like to think how they would show up in the game as well haha

TO9x2

Jun 8, 2022

View attachment 1871860
Wow. Totally agree that Dinah and Ollie would experiment with some swinging. Especially with her in an alley. And SPEAKING of Black Canary in an alley because of Ollie (and to a lesser extent, Bruce), here's a video edit I did:

(Hope it's not too off topic, all DC fans here).

And I don't know if this is sacrilege but I think Canary's YJ face is better than her JLU face. Maybe next time Conner and will get a turn with her?

View attachment 1871869
I actually had NOT seen that so this was a major help. I took a different approach since I lost posted. It was crude but somewhat working. Yours is far better, thank you for the help. I actually had tried my own approach (see below) before I saw your tip but I'll take a cue from yours for my next edits.

RedDressTrials.jpg

And while on the topic of the Wonder Girls Wonder Whores, I was thinking about what would fit Cassie. Given her history of country aesthetics, I imagined she'd be a Taylor Swift fan and might copy her idol. (I think I'm leaning towards the blue outfit but that fabric texture looks difficult). Dead or Alive's Tina Armstrong costumes might also fit Cassie.

Cassie-Ideas1.jpg

Sart94

Jun 6, 2017

View attachment 1871860

View attachment 1871869
It was definitely worth the wait, great work with Dinah.
And please yes MOREEEE YJ Dinah, her milf look its just great

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes