Ren'Py Something Unlimited: Themyscira [v0.30 Beta] [Gunsmoke Games]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

grimsaint

Aug 7, 2016
Have they completely giving up animating things or is this also a temporary thing on this one ?

Wetere

Nov 8, 2019
What I get from the comments is that Unity had too much programming problems and stuff like that

JohnyShadow7

Sep 27, 2019
So which version should I be downloading/keeping my eye on in the future? Which one will be getting updates?
The old Unity one, or this new Ren´py one?

scavenge

Oct 24, 2017
Inb4 Gunsmoke abandons this again. For those that don't know, SU is running on outdated unity tech from 2016. Their text blerb code for example is a beta branch of something that exists today but they can't change that without undoing all the spaghetti code.
Moving the code-base to Renpy was always going to happen at some point, considering it's dropped the game pretense since 2017. However, there have been at least 4 coders who have abandoned the project before and now this is the latest attempt. I do not see this working out.
i mean i guess i get you but like...SU has some of the most content in a game on this site. I'm not sure how I could ever criticize the development of it. It's not perfect and I'd really like the game to have a concrete ending or something, sure, but where is this Inb4 coming from? The games that old and has been continuously updated since.

i guess what i'm asking is what is the basis for the accusations? Are there things the dev promised but abandoned that I wasn't aware of?

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
i mean i guess i get you but like...SU has some of the most content in a game on this site. I'm not sure how I could ever criticize the development of it. It's not perfect and I'd really like the game to have a concrete ending or something, sure, but where is this Inb4 coming from? The games that old and has been continuously updated since.

i guess what i'm asking is what is the basis for the accusations? Are there things the dev promised but abandoned that I wasn't aware of?
Like Korra Trainer 2?

It's an ongoing meme that Gunsmoke has had 4 coders try to make a Renpy version of SU for years. All 4 bailed for various reason. And as for abandoning, ask them when Catwoman is getting content. Or maybe it's the missed release dates and lying of content. You have seen the head sprite swaps for the leash blowjob right?

You have to understand the kind of design process that SU has turned into. It started out as a game where Lex captures heroines, each were kinda different but generally had them in their cells. Then the animation of scenes were stopped to save time, then the game features haven't been touched since 2018, then the various part extra events were added that no one asked for, then every girl had to have bordello scenes, then more out of country scenes, Gothem and Themyscira for example.
The game has devolved into a revolving sideshow of heroines from the DCU that have no personality.

It's essentially the road not taken approach. One road is the game we have today. On outdated Unity hardware which has become a portfolio for Gunsmoke to sell his smut. And the other is the game promised, capturing heroines, breaking them, avoiding the Justice League. An actual game.

Last edited:

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Well its Ren'Py so thats good but why didnt they just put this into the regular game instead of making a whole new separate thing which is just the same game only different location?

Also Themyscira isnt strong enough to be its own thing. Most people wont understand the references and characters, her lore isnt that popular, only the character is.

LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
hoping they'll see how simple Ren'Py is compared to Unity and FINALLY change SU over to Ren'Py. Tired of dealing with the shitty UX on a game that should have been done in Ren'Py to begin with. I'll have to check this out this weekend.

witcher123

Jun 19, 2017
fuck man people gotta stop paying these guys. like everything they punch out is so half assed the only thing that saves it is the art. which that's been suffering now cause of all the bullshit copy pasta bitches they make. does anybody remember when this was just one game with lex living that stupid fucking power fantasy of magically just picking up every woman who just so happens to walk by him like its nothing? now we've got fucking multiverse now and lex is a sex god traveling across time space literally fucking every woman in existence?

this game makes me so mad cause a game where you fuck DC babes would be great but fuck me these guys dropped the ball so hard it's gone through the planet and out of orbit. if making the game iss too much of a problem just go back to making comics and illustrations people will still like it and pay for it if you put the effort into that.

the guys overextending trying to do 10 different things in a project that's barely holding itself together. i'm just gonna wait for sprite leaks but tbh even the ones here aren't great compared to what's already been leaked for the original SU

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote