Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Actually the general consensus has been positive - and most people aren't nearly as shortsighted or blind as you are. And there's a big difference between not liking something and making thoughtless complaints. (Made clear by your "click math" that's WAY off and only shows that you don't understand the system as it even stands right now. Which could MAYBE be an actual criticism for the tutorial, but 1. it's a proof-of-concept demo and 2. you clearly don't have the critical thinking ability to form that assessment.)

It's been fun, but I'm not going to continue this further. Enjoy complaining about shit while not taking the time to even read simple text and/or form a basic understanding of what you're complaining about. I hear ignorance is bliss. (y)
I think your attitude just speaks volumes of itself. You haven't bothered to correct any of my math and just call anyone who disagrees with your work stupid. I fail to see how you are helping me see your side of the fence.

I didn't bother to do massive calculations I just gathered that given 50 possible options you would click on average 20-30 times before choosing the right person. Even though i clicked 4 times on average on just 3 choices alone sometimes for clicking too much or changing my mind and finding the right person. I still defaulted to 20 clicks total and multiplied by 18. Now with the current 13, nothing is an issue at all.

Obviously there currently isn't 50. And perhaps you know something we don't in that this is all the heroines we will ever get and we were misinformed that more could be made in the future. Understandable given SR7 has been working on this for some time now. I'd want it to end eventually too. But currently we are led to believe that we would be knee deep in heroines to choose from since there are pages of slots availible in each section so you have to admit we are thinking much further ahead here.

Most of the positivity comes from the optimization and smoother performance, but I hold back on that until you get caught up to the actual content. Your proof of concept doesn't really tell me much in that department until all features are in and running. Really it is the only thing I want the rebuild to do is make the game work as intended so I can see MM strip out of her slut outfit or finger her in it where I currently cant no matter how much I restart.

Its not that your idea is bad entirely in trying a new method, but your failure to see the flaws in your system further down the road that is concerning. Every dev that has visited this site with the attitude like yours, is no longer working in dev, or changed their attitude to work with us in making better games.

You may see us as a pirate site, even most members do, but honestly its the only forum that supports discussing indie erotic games out there. Many of us support games like this, and until this exchange, myself included.

I've had my issues with SR7 in the past but I felt his new approach to content was much needed and the work being done was well worth it. His is some of the best quality on the market hands down. A huge step forward.

But your addition shows a major step backward. It will be a while before your capable of making me eat my words but if you manage then I'll gladly resupport the team.

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
How RNG-based is the 2nd meeting with Talia al Ghul? Or is there something I need to do to get the scene to proc?

Nov 24, 2017
<snip>

"Also, having to hover over the box and then move the mouse to one side of the other to click forward or backwards is a bit meh." But having to constantly move the mouse from one side of the UI to the other and back for drag and drop is totally fine, right?! o_O Also, mousewheel - nearly every freakin mouse comes with one nowadays, use it.
Ooof, someone can't take some constructive criticism without being a dick about it? Whatever, doesn't mean I have to reply in kind.

Thank you for the suggestion about the mouse wheel and I don't remember reading it in any of the unskippable text (which I read completely), it wasn't something I tried because in most games clicking in an entry box will initially populate it with something. In this case, the only purpose it serves is to then pop up navigation arrows. It's not efficient.

As well, for someone who has played the game multiple times without using cheats, even with each heroine being removed it'll get tedious and time consuming compared to the previous system which had it's own flaws. You'll notice I didn't suggest "removing" the new system as it has it's good points as well. I just suggested having both systems available, but that's probably too much work to just make a working drag and drop system. In the older system for example, it would have been much simpler to drag and drop people into and out of slots instead of removing all of them and then adding them.

Replaying through the game again just recently for the first time in 6 months because I wanted to see the new changes to things in parts of the game I'd already finished, I had all 12 heroines available before I started to put any of them into cells. Why? Because I was working to get all of their bordello and meta-bordello scene unlocks. This meant I was doing a LOT of swapping around. Tedious enough with the current system where you have to reset the entire thing to change slots. More so, if I have to try to remember which heroines need changing because I can't just look and see at a glance which ones I have and thus which ones I need dancing, or stripping, or doing specials, or in the bordello, or in a private room, or in exhibition, etc.

In a situation like that, saving their position will actually make it more tedious as then I have to go through and deselect one or more heroines so that I can then assign them to other slots in order to get their scene unlocks. Then I'll have to go back and swap those heroines (as they were unavailable before because they were already assigned while I was unassigning the aforementioned heroines) into slots so that they'll continue to make money.

Randomizing which heroine is in which slot certainly doesn't help in this case as I want them in specific slots to unlock their scenes.

And that doesn't even touch henchmen and heists. 12 villains, most of which aren't useful for much. Which means everytime you have to do a heist for say Talia for a random chance at a summoning portal piece or for a random chance at a random cloning piece, you're going to have to move through a bunch of villains to get to the one you want. Granted if this also saves the choices that will be great and reduce the tedium. But we have yet to see what it will be like when we get to that part in the new rework.

All that said, if you are the person coding the new version, good job so far. It was bug free and ran well. But please, grow a thicker skin. Criticism doesn't always exists to express hatred for a something but is often used in order to help improve something. Misunderstandings will always happen, correcting those without being snide goes a long way to getting your point across.

<snip?

All the more reason to see what you have when making choices. The current implementation doesn't allow for that. We're supposed to end up with a near surplus of girls at our disposal so you can see how the future will be problematic if we can't remember all the heroines we have availible.

Not sure if you play this game without cheating but it isn't difficult, but massively tedious over time for those of us who have ingame years of gameplay. Ofc at this point I dont even worry about those sections since I have so much money already I can freely switch between cells and back to stripping or vice versa each new content patch.

The rest of the post is you just being a dick to another forum member just because he voiced his lack of interest in the new rebuild. While I dislike the drag and drop system, it at least makes more visual sense than the current rebuild where you flip through until you find what you want.

<snip>
Exactly with the ability to be able to see which heroines and villains we have available whenever making choices. That's key in being able to remember who still needs to go into what slot in what area to unlock all of their scenes, or in the case of villains who is available for heists, capturing, or posting to a location.

Reactions: selectivepaperclip
Mar 13, 2019
It's funny to see people complain about the "removal of drag and drop" - the system that routinely borks out and requires you to start all over from scratch pretty regularly.
I think people would rather you fixed the drag and drop.
Yes, the implementation in the original game is buggy at times, but at its core it is simple and intuitive system.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
man,how about just clone the superheroine,the real one in cell,the clone one in brothel:unsure:
Thats actually been suggested a lot. But I think (could be way off here I don't remember 100% on this) that SR7 didn't want to default to that for everything or wanted cloning for story purposes or something like that. Honestly It would be the best fix to a lot of issues reguarding content since we tend to fill up the cells due to better content.

Honestly I still wish for the day Huntress and Canary can get out of the clubs and into the cells. I mean theyve been workin it for years now.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Thats actually been suggested a lot. But I think (could be way off here I don't remember 100% on this) that SR7 didn't want to default to that for everything or wanted cloning for story purposes or something like that. Honestly It would be the best fix to a lot of issues reguarding content since we tend to fill up the cells due to better content.

Honestly I still wish for the day Huntress and Canary can get out of the clubs and into the cells. I mean theyve been workin it for years now.
For me,they only work in strip club about 4 month,never let them prostitute themselves in brothel though,not really my thing..im hype for 31 May update

Reactions: AlphamanX

LockeKosta

Sep 25, 2018
Ooof, someone can't take some constructive criticism without being a dick about it? Whatever, doesn't mean I have to reply in kind.

Thank you for the suggestion about the mouse wheel and I don't remember reading it in any of the unskippable text (which I read completely), it wasn't something I tried because in most games clicking in an entry box...
I disagree with the idea that all complaints are the same as constructive criticism. Someone providing constructive criticism would take the time to read and understand what they're criticizing - and also providing an actual solution than just complaining about change is part of what differentiates "constructive criticism".

This is in that unskippable text verbatim, "The UI for the game has been revamped and streamlined. No more drag and drop. Instead, you can select heroines, villains, etc by hovering over a box and using your mouse-wheel or clicking on the corresponding buttons." and the very next line states "Only items available to be selected in each area will appear."

There will be flashier and more in-depth tutorials implemented later, just didn't have the time to make them all and it's a proof-of-concept demo anyway. (Maybe we shouldn't have called it a "demo".)

What probably irks me most is the assumption that it was done with very little thought - that this is the final form (in a proof-of-concept no less). And also that none of the "constructive criticism" I've seen even makes an attempt to offer up solutions. Like making it to where clicking and holding auto-rotates the heroines. Or making the list of heroines organizable and sortable. And that's just two of things already being planned before we even dropped the demo yesterday.

But honestly, I'm well aware even attempting a debate is futile. (How could it not be when people clearly didn't take the time to read either the in-game text or the announcement post?) So I respond in a sarcastic and derisive way that's honestly fun to write. Because at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what I say or how I say it - which has been proven 1000 times over. So the actual writing ought to at least be fun if I'm going to bother responding to begin with.

But I don't have the time to respond to everything. I just pick and choose to occasionally poke the hornet's nest as time permits. And honestly time is kinda up for now. Ya'll take it easy. o/

• Angry
Reactions: Cmann

lybs88

Oct 1, 2017
Just tried out the demo, and it runs so much smoother than the earlier versions did. And a lot of people seem to miss this, but this is a showcase demo demonstrating how the new build is going to work - and if anything I applaud your in-the-longrun decision to revamp this with different coding, it's not a small undertaking taking into account how far the game already has progressed. My only experience with coding is with Java, and I would probably rather give up then recode something as large as the base game. Tho, I have a completely different question. I saw in one of the bonus art packs that it had models and sketches of several avatar characters. Are you guys remaking Korra: Bend of Break and adding more characters, or were they just requests made to sunsetriders7? Reason I'm asking is because I've not seen or heard any announcement about it, so I was just curious.

Gunsmoke Games

Something Unlimited
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Just tried out the demo, and it runs so much smoother than the earlier versions did. And a lot of people seem to miss this, but this is a showcase demo demonstrating how the new build is going to work - and if anything I applaud your in-the-longrun decision to revamp this with different coding, it's not a small undertaking taking into account how far the game already has progressed. My only experience with coding is with Java, and I would probably rather give up then recode something as large as the base game. Tho, I have a completely different question. I saw in one of the bonus art packs that it had models and sketches of several avatar characters. Are you guys remaking Korra: Bend of Break and adding more characters, or were they just requests made to sunsetriders7? Reason I'm asking is because I've not seen or heard any announcement about it, so I was just curious.
We will be looking to push our current version of Bend or Break to over a million views (obv with your help) in the coming months (currently at 868k views). As for another Bend or Break game? I will not say that it's unreasonable to assume we would do something, but currently the resources of the team are taxed with the rebuild, and the current build ongoing. Once time frees up on either end we can explore small for fun projects.

-SmokeShank

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
@LockeKosta Regarding the former drag-and-drop interface, I would suggest adding a feature where you can click on the slot itself (not the arrows) and pop up a list/grid of the available options. If you just want to fill the slots, the new method will work fine (or using the random button), but if you want a specific item (be that a specific girl or a specific heist in the heist screen), I can see the new way being slower compared to the old.

@Gunsmoke Games is there any point in continuing to report dialog errors like this:
Screenshot from 2019-04-29 08-12-03.png
if all content is going to need to be copied over by hand? Or will they get caught in that process?

Reactions: KaiserST

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Forgot to mention it when I posted about a bug earlier but I just wanted to say I love the art style in this game. Really makes me feel like it's an interactive comic book.

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I ran into a bug where the game froze immediately after receiving a blowjob from Miss Martian in her default costume.
I'm also having an issue with PR anal suits not unlocking after anal.

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
How RNG-based is the 2nd meeting with Talia al Ghul? Or is there something I need to do to get the scene to proc?
I'd really like to see the yacht sex party becoming repeatable without just resetting the event (I assume that's what the Reset Event button is for). It would be really great to play the party over with villainesses you slept with/got sexual favours from being more receptive because of or mentioning your previous encounters as soon as you run into them.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
Downloaded because i though it was animated, but clearly not!!!
There are some animations, such as Louis blowing Lex and Roulette getting fucked, but yeah most of the game isn't animated rn. There are plans for more later on, but they take a long time to work on and GG wants to focus on content before fan-service.

Reactions: KaiserST

Oshitari Azumi

Donor
May 23, 2017
We will be looking to push our current version of Bend or Break to over a million views (obv with your help) in the coming months (currently at 868k views). As for another Bend or Break game? I will not say that it's unreasonable to assume we would do something, but currently the resources of the team are taxed with the rebuild, and the current build ongoing. Once time frees up on either end we can explore small for fun projects.

-SmokeShank
I mean, anything that comes out of you guys will obviously catch my attention and ruin my childhood. The art for SU is constantly top of the line, the art for A18 is some of my favorite, and although I haven't checked out Break or Bend yet (personally, I don't really know how to feel about the next generation of Avatar) I will be soon! :)

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
If they are being foolish, let their foolishness speak for itself through your calm correction of falsity. You have made the choice to engage in a petty squabble with him whom you believe to be a fool, and so you appear no better than a fool yourself.
As of now I am no longer supporting Something Unlimited. I find the art and general direction of the game wonderful and a breath of fresh air. I never really minded the clicking. However, I think it's shameful how you respond to and treat others. I'd recommend you cease activity on this forum and elsewhere if you can not conduct yourself in a manner that better represents the Dev team.

GregJ66

May 22, 2017
If they are being foolish, let their foolishness speak for itself through your calm correction of falsity. You have made the choice to engage in a petty squabble with him whom you believe to be a fool, and so you appear no better than a fool yourself.
As of now I am no longer supporting Something Unlimited. I find the art and general direction of the game wonderful and a breath of fresh air. I never really minded the clicking. However, I think it's shameful how you respond to and treat others. I'd recommend you cease activity on this forum and elsewhere if you can not conduct yourself in a manner that better represents the Dev team.
You're really stretching to justify your piracy lol. I doubt any of the devs care about a pirate "not supporting".

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
You're really stretching to justify your piracy lol. I doubt any of the devs care about a pirate "not supporting".
I always throw some money at a game if I like it. I used to only rely on demo versions, but I find f95 to be more convenient for searching for games/mods etc. I don't particularly care if they care about me in particular not giving them any more money. My individual contributions would not make a difference. My comment was one of courtesy to let them know that how they were behaving was driving away some support. I believe they have the right to behave however they want; I have the right to express my disapproval.

4.00 star(s) 153 Votes