YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Because the game is build with FUNGUS a plugin for Unity that involves the less "coding" possible. Is a tool desinged for people with little to no experience. Unless there is something similar in RenPy i don't see GG doing the switc.
Ok, I did not hear of this tool before... mainly because most of my use of unity involved putting my computer science to use and thus I coded more than anything else...

But this explains everything for me.

Why he does not change to ren'py, since as much as it is easy for other games with just basic things like this one has it still needs some python knowledge.
Why it is so heavy, both in size and on how it needs some loading time whenever I change scenes (very likely each cell may even be a different scene instead of just changing the girl in it and the options). As I suspected, he probably does not even know what he added to the game that is weighting it down and can be removed with no issues (when you create a new unity project, there are some plugins/extensions that can be added automatically depending on your choices).

Since the plugin would do the coding for him, it is very likely it is functional but many things are not efficient.

But if he hired a programmer to refactor, it may either block the plugin from his use later, or the plugin could undo what the programmer did on the very next version.

So the only solutions would be either he learns proper coding instead of using the plugin, at least to use things that are more efficient but also harder to use, even if to use other things like ren'py instead if he wants to,
or have a dedicated coder, which would very likely mean a portion of the patreon.

Reactions: Testerguy19

amancito

Feb 6, 2021
With all the pissing and moaning that went on because they were late with the last update in this forum, can you imagine the outcry that would happen if they suddenly announced that there would be no updates for the first 2/3 of next year while they tried to convert everything in the game over to Renpy?
He could hire a developer for two or three months for 25% of what he is making in Patreon. In three months a competent developer should be able to port this whole game to Ren'Py. And then for the updates he could just pay a few hundred $ to any developer. But then he would not be able to say "coding problems" whenever he felt like not working. And of course we would have amazing mods made by great people, but that is another story.

Last edited:

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
My dear owner of this site, i come to say, some downloads have virus, my browser alert. Can you solve this, please?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
My dear owner of this site, i come to say, some downloads have virus, my browser alert. Can you solve this, please?
"some" ... which ones?

I download here without problems from different sites. These sites however sometimes besides the actual download file use scripts that lead to other advertising sites.
You need to pay attention wherer you click and/or use third party tools to avoid that.

Incognymous

May 6, 2017
"some" ... which ones?

I download here without problems from different sites. These sites however sometimes besides the actual download file use scripts that lead to other advertising sites.
You need to pay attention wherer you click and/or use third party tools to avoid that.
*cough*Anonfiles *cough*

• Haha
Reactions: Jujitsism123

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
*cough*Anonfiles *cough*
I have zero problems with Anonfiles, everything works just peachy, it's actually one of my favorites sites. But then again my PC is quite save. Using the hosts file, I redirected around twenty adresses which lead to malware sites to my own PC, use an additional antivirus software and deactivate most scripts and popups on Websites. If I stumble upon a site with aggressive ads (like the ones opening the print panel all the time), I report it instantly to my antivirus provider. Always make a screenshot, so you can get it's adress even if the input is disabled.

However ... if you use JDownloader, you don't have to do all that. It just works.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
they need to be out of their cells
hm. i prolly assumed they will run away without those upgrades at max. dat was intuitively unclear.
finally managed to put one into strip slot, weirdly i could put it in the 3rd slot i didnt have back then , not sure
oh ...and apparently i needed to use reset button! finally placed all 3

how to get 2nd trio of heroines .
k i got startlight. (ah, no cell routine)
andd another harley from tala

Last edited:
Reactions: Testerguy19

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
"some" ... which ones?

Anonfile, workupload this 2 these were the ones I found viruses I don't know if I'll find more, but I'll keep an eye out.

Reactions: Nemo56 and uandas

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Anonfile, workupload this 2 these were the ones I found viruses I don't know if I'll find more, but I'll keep an eye out.
workupload ... what did you download? The main game is not available there, only the old demo is.
As for the main game ... I just run the anonfiles download without problems, also the downloaded file was ok.
It might just be a false positive, even the WinRar site for a while got blocked on a regular base.

As I said: Use a download manager, this way you won't have problems with any 3rd party scripts.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
So I unlocked Poison Ivy the intended way and hired her. Then I used her to capture Super Girl but it failed. Now I have a bug that she is permanently greyed out in the menu and in the cheatmenu she is still treated as if she were hired.
I played through the Prison Event again in hope that she would be resetted but no.
Any way to fix it or can I edit a savefile?
If so where can I do it?

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
So I unlocked Poison Ivy the intended way and hired her. Then I used her to capture Super Girl but it failed. Now I have a bug that she is permanently greyed out in the menu and in the cheatmenu she is still treated as if she were hired.
I played through the Prison Event again in hope that she would be resetted but no.
If so where can I do it?
Probably you can fix that using regedit.But I am not sure which stats you should change.
Maybe you can put all of them to 0 for Poison Ivy.And replay the prison.

Reactions: Leo D. Marstone

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
If so where can I do it?
set on the cheat menu so she was not hired, exit, then later hire her again?

Gettyra

Apr 23, 2021
So i gotta ask but is SU rebuilt canceled or something? Given how long it's been i just kinda assumed that it was no longer in progress but when i took a look at their patreon today i saw this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At this point i get kinda confused because on the one hand this is their front page on patreon literally amongst the first things you see if you just go in and wanna support so it being there would indicate that the project is still in progress. On the other despite actually being front stage on their patreon the dates have neither been changed or addressed in an edit on the actual banner, might have been addressed in some post in that case but not there, which seems downright bizarre considering how there has to my knowledge been no more releases beyond the demo.

Any of you guys know whats going on with SU rebuilt? And regardless of whether it's being worked on or not does anyone have any idea why this seems to be completely unchanged on their front page, cause that's not just weird that's some head scratching shit. Keeping the patron up to date seems like a 101 thing to me.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Probably you can fix that using regedit.But I am not sure which stats you should change.
Maybe you can put all of them to 0 for Poison Ivy.And replay the prison.
Can you point me in the right direction where I can find the reg file to edit?

set on the cheat menu so she was not hired, exit, then later hire her again?
Unfortunately not. Once one is hired or unlocked you can not lock them again. You cant click on it.

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
So i gotta ask but is SU rebuilt canceled or something? Given how long it's been i just kinda assumed that it was no longer in progress but when i took a look at their patreon today i saw this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At this point i get kinda confused because on the one hand this is their front page on patreon literally amongst the first things you see if you just go in and wanna support so it being there would indicate that the project is still in progress. On the other despite actually being front stage on their patreon the dates have neither been changed or addressed in an edit on the actual banner, might have been addressed in some post in that case but not there, which seems downright bizarre considering how there has to my knowledge been no more releases beyond the demo.

Any of you guys know whats going on with SU rebuilt? And regardless of whether it's being worked on or not does anyone have any idea why this seems to be completely unchanged on their front page, cause that's not just weird that's some head scratching shit. Keeping the patron up to date seems like a 101 thing to me.
Locke was making that a few years ago, it seems like the Gunsmoke guys haven't updated the patreon description it seems. Locke no longer works with them (for awhile now). I know they hired or at least talked to a local guy and he said that it would take at least two years to rebuild the game. SR7 has basically said that he has hired 4 different people to rebuild the game and they all failed to rebuild it. Maybe there is a 5th person doing it now but nothing has been announced.

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes