ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Be
why can’t you mention f95zone in discord? F95zone is the reason I’m on discord
There's a disclaimer in the OP with their stance on sharing. You can take it however you want. It's also worth noting that moderators keep the OP updated so a dev who dropped one of their initial releases might be long gone from the forum.

Straight away, Devs that are expecting people to give them financial support can't be honest and win when it comes to protecting their reputation around sharing sites. Whatever their stance they have to at least say they do not approve.
If they're actively dropping content, paying supporters may feel betrayed or something or it may suggest to potential paying supporters that they're happy to give them stuff for free. It hurts how some people view them and potentially negates the promo/exposure they're getting from being involved with a large community like this one; they might get new supporters from the forum but lose supporters from off-platform who think "fuck it I'm allowed to get it free." So they can't be honest even if they are complicit.
But it's also in their best interest for a dev to be involved and control the content that's on sharing communities to the best extent they can because if a build with "bonus content" such as malware or viruses starts getting passed around it can make them look bad if people think they're responsible.
So yeah, it's better for a dev to be here but openly disapprove.

There's also the potential for drama with other devs if they're seen as supporting a platform where another dev's work is being shared without their permission. Because some devs don't view piracy as beneficial in any way, they don't see the value in the word of mouth promo and they don't believe that the "pirates" that do actually decide to speak with their wallets and turn into supporters exist in large enough numbers. I don't have the stats to know who's right and I probably don't have the brains to understand the stats either.

That's all a bit of a chonky read but I don't know how to TLDR it. It's kind of muddy and devs might have many reasons for the things they do, this is just my best guess on how most of them probably think.

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Be
why can’t you mention f95zone in discord? F95zone is the reason I’m on discord
I tend to think there is quite a bit of a hostile relationship between the discord users and F95 (even I'm on there as well so there is undoubtedly drama around), but the majority seems to be Patreon supporters, or basically SR7 simps. Back and forth on this thread and the discord server people call each other out so there tends to be disdain. I think Stagwood's message above delivered a better explanation than I did since this piece of writing seems to be a on-the-surface level kinda analysis, and I'm not a programmer or dev but just a regular gamer like everyone else is

Reactions: evilkitty97

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Also you have to factor the reason that SR7 does not check this place unless he actually does using alt accounts, but this is likely an baseless accusation (there's a very, very rare chance he would pop up using his own name as SR7). He prefers his community on Patreon and Discord instead of F95

Reactions: evilkitty97
Mar 16, 2022
Is the proper procedure for updating to just cut and paste 2.3.6 on top of 2.3.5, if you want to keep your progress? Or are saves stored outside the file folder, and I can just safely delete 2.3.5? I would prefer not to play through the entire game again just to unlock a few new scenes

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Is the proper procedure for updating to just cut and paste 2.3.6 on top of 2.3.5, if you want to keep your progress? Or are saves stored outside the file folder, and I can just safely delete 2.3.5? I would prefer not to play through the entire game again just to unlock a few new scenes
Yep, they're transferred automatically if you know how to do the process. Just delete 2.3.6 except the important files then rename 2.3.5 to 6

Reactions: EatBootyIDo

Sergiv2001

Jul 1, 2020
The saves are stored outside the game folder in the main Windows registry. 2.3.6 or 2.3.5 doesn`t affect the registry keys.
You can overwrite the game folder and load save from slot 1, slot 2 or slot 3 (that of them which have real content).

Mar 16, 2022
Yep, they're transferred automatically if you know how to do the process. Just delete 2.3.6 except the important files then rename 2.3.5 to 6
The saves are stored outside the game folder in the main Windows registry. 2.3.6 or 2.3.5 doesn`t affect the registry keys.
You can overwrite the game folder and load save from slot 1, slot 2 or slot 3 (that of them which have real content).
Thanks fellas, I'm happy to see that 2.3.5 is gone and I'm on Day 390 instead of Day 1

Sergiv2001

Jul 1, 2020
That file contains DATA for registry editor, so you need to DOUBLE click on the file (it`s important - double click, not once!) for that data to be stored into the ragistry.
Damn, what`s that? 'Ti" instead of "it", "ragistry" instead of "registry". Suppose it was too much sunday beer at the morning :)

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes