ghostfreak445

Jul 5, 2019
Alright people you know the drill: time to guess what the bullshit in regards to this update will be! Place your bets!
A) the update is out by the end of February, but half of the promised content is delayed to the next update
B) all the promised content is there, but the update doesn't release until the middle of March
C) the update releases on time with all the promised content, but is a buggy mess and half the scenes don't work right and/or crash the game
D) the update releases in the middle of March but STILL has only half of the promised content

Given that we're getting THREE bordello girls this update, I'm sincerely doubting we'll get any Themyscira content at all. Or either we will get some Themyscira content but either one or two of the three promised bordello girls will get delayed to the next update.
In other words I think the "50/50" focus is likely bullshit, so I vote for option A and option D.

shzilla

Jul 31, 2022
Alright people you know the drill: time to guess what the bullshit in regards to this update will be! Place your bets!
A) the update is out by the end of February, but half of the promised content is delayed to the next update
B) all the promised content is there, but the update doesn't release until the middle of March
C) the update releases on time with all the promised content, but is a buggy mess and half the scenes don't work right and/or crash the game
D) the update releases in the middle of March but STILL has only half of the promised content

Given that we're getting THREE bordello girls this update, I'm sincerely doubting we'll get any Themyscira content at all. Or either we will get some Themyscira content but either one or two of the three promised bordello girls will get delayed to the next update.
In other words I think the "50/50" focus is likely bullshit, so I vote for option A and option D.

Update gets delayed and split up in 3 parts for the next 6 months.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017

The bordello scenes were done previous year.Mostly.
He just need to implement them and make them work,using the spaghetti code.
So I expect all 3(Stargirl,Black Canary and Starfire) to be in the update+some Themyscira scenes(not all of course),but still the game to be buggy and not on time.

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
As much as i likenthat.the Themyscera event is long...why the fuck half the art is glitchy? When we massage Nubia breast....when we go to the library chick or the oracle...the model is invisible. Nubia isntits only, flloating on air. The library chick is a floating head and priestess is just lips. Wtf?

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
As much as i likenthat.the Themyscera event is long...why the fuck half the art is glitchy? When we massage Nubia breast....when we go to the library chick or the oracle...the model is invisible. Nubia isntits only, flloating on air. The library chick is a floating head and priestess is just lips. Wtf?
I'm not getting that issue. May be worth a reinstall over the top (your saves are in the registry so should be fine)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm not gonna reinstall the game every year/event and loose 20-30 hours of grinding.
Did that once with Galatea clone bug, no more...
Can't really help you with this issue with SU Unity. Others may have figured out a solution, but it IS very annoying when these bugs crop up...

Unfortunately, it's going to be a while before we have significant amounts of content added to the unofficial Ren'Py port effort, but that might be an option for you down the road. The 'bugged saves' is one of the big reasons why a few of us F95Zone modder types have been working on an unofficial Ren'Py port...

That and trying to speed up the gameplay and make a few things look prettier!

Reactions: GaRbS and Jimwalrus

VenomusPL

Jul 1, 2019
Can't really help you with this issue with SU Unity. Others may have figured out a solution, but it IS very annoying when these bugs crop up...

Unfortunately, it's going to be a while before we have significant amounts of content added to the unofficial Ren'Py port effort, but that might be an option for you down the road. The 'bugged saves' is one of the big reasons why a few of us F95Zone modder types have been working on an unofficial Ren'Py port...

That and trying to speed up the gameplay and make a few things look prettier!
And i salute you, modder, for your work.

This game is so fuckin buggy...and it weighs 11 freaking gigabites. What i here causes it to take more space than Witcher 2? Are a thousand pics in high res so heavy?

Reactions: GaRbS and Jimwalrus

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
And i salute you, modder, for your work.

This game is so fuckin buggy...and it weighs 11 freaking gigabites. What i here causes it to take more space than Witcher 2? Are a thousand pics in high res so heavy?
Unoptimized .pngs is the answer to your question. Even when I use older Photoshop algorithms, resaving the .pngs drops the file size significantly. And saving the 'non-transparent/full background' images as .jpgs can save even more space, but the backgrounds are a small percentage of the total number of sprites in SU. There are over 11,000 sprite images in SU Unity currently...

Sure, a number of these sprites are smaller body parts (heads, arms, eyes, lips, hair, etc.), not full images, but it all adds up!

Using optimization algorithms, or say webp, can drop the image size even further, with imperceptable loss of quality. If these were 'camera' images maybe, but since this is cartoon sprite art, the colors are a lot more uniform, so it can benefit greatly from optimization without perceptable loss in quality.

Regarding the SU Unity package, it is what it is, but as for the unofficial port, this IS something that is being addressed in the unofficial RenPy port!

So it's not really my place to criticize, but if the GS Games crew would just optimize their .pngs... that still wouldn't help with the bugs though!

petur

Jul 29, 2017
I can feel the update coming closer and closer! I can feel it in my balls! Anyone know which of the babes will be getting new scenes?

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
So, i have Starfire in my cells.got the blackfire event, captured her,it said she'll be in my cells but she's not there. Any way to fix that or do i have to start again?

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Unoptimized .pngs is the answer to your question. Even when I use older Photoshop algorithms, resaving the .pngs drops the file size significantly. And saving the 'non-transparent/full background' images as .jpgs can save even more space, but the backgrounds are a small percentage of the total number of sprites in SU. There are over 11,000 sprite images in SU Unity currently...

Sure, a number of these sprites are smaller body parts (heads, arms, eyes, lips, hair, etc.), not full images, but it all adds up!

Using optimization algorithms, or say webp, can drop the image size even further, with imperceptable loss of quality. If these were 'camera' images maybe, but since this is cartoon sprite art, the colors are a lot more uniform, so it can benefit greatly from optimization without perceptable loss in quality.

Regarding the SU Unity package, it is what it is, but as for the unofficial port, this IS something that is being addressed in the unofficial RenPy port!

So it's not really my place to criticize, but if the GS Games crew would just optimize their .pngs... that still wouldn't help with the bugs though!
Yeah I pulled them to see if I could contribute in some way, and geebus its nuts. I think GS thought by making faces/body parts fit over bodies that it would reduce the size, but really it just made it a lot more bloated.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Nah, this time around he's working on the bordello. Which means instead of three new girls you haven't heard of it'll be three OCs whose designs he ripped off of Avatar: TLA and LOK, and a handful of scenes for a couple of characters in the bordello which will have no progression for the characters since the idea is that they're mindless drones. At this stage with SR7's promise of 50/50 bordello and Themyscira, I wouldn't expect a satisfying update at any point. Even your joke is probably asking for too much.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
So, i have Starfire in my cells.got the blackfire event, captured her,it said she'll be in my cells but she's not there. Any way to fix that or do i have to start again?
I've heard of this happening a few times and I don't believe anyone has come up with a solution for this bug. You might be able to manually add her by editing your save in the registry, but I'm not exactly sure how and I wouldn't recommend doing so unless you really know how to play around in the registry. Even if you did, who knows what else the bug has messed up in your save.

NuarisRia

May 21, 2021
I can feel the update coming closer and closer! I can feel it in my balls! Anyone know which of the babes will be getting new scenes?

its on their patreon page... the next update is gonna give more content to stargirl, black cannary and starfire but is gonna be bordello content. Also more "wonderwomanland" content.
And the devs said the update is gonna be around the end of feb. But who knows..

rawry776

Jun 2, 2020
its on their patreon page... the next update is gonna give more content to stargirl, black cannary and starfire but is gonna be bordello content. Also more "wonderwomanland" content.
And the devs said the update is gonna be around the end of feb. But who knows..
Seeing how there is only 1 more day in February I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not out in Feb. I still have 1 day left to be wrong though.

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes