RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
It was suicide. They've already walked back multiple things, at least one major project threatened to stop selling the game to counter Unity, and a lot of indie devs have already said they're either never going to use Unity again or will be porting their in development games into new engines. If the trend keeps up support for Unity will dwindle away to nothing.
I already didn't care for Unity, and greatly preferred Ren'Py because I find it so much easier to mod, manage saves, etc. I've wanted and hoped for a Ren'Py conversion for Something Unlimited for forever, but all indications seemed to be that it's never going to happen. So part of me hopes that maybe this whole debacle might make it a little more likely. Though I do think that Unity walking back more in response to the backlash is probably much more likely to occur instead. Maybe if the game gets completed one day some hero(es) will take it upon themselves to do a full conversion. Or at least I can dream.

Reactions: Zane11

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
The Game would be 10 x more enjoyable if it was not so tedious, The Training or breaking of the Super Heroines is fun but the game is a slow burn. I do like the premise though. Would be cool if this was in Visual Novel and a little more choice based with a little less management or perhaps something similar to Agent of Heels. Something Unlimited is a cool game regardless. Always fun to watch Heroines Go Bad.

Reactions: blarg0192

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I already didn't care for Unity, and greatly preferred Ren'Py because I find it so much easier to mod, manage saves, etc. I've wanted and hoped for a Ren'Py conversion for Something Unlimited for forever, but all indications seemed to be that it's never going to happen. So part of me hopes that maybe this whole debacle might make it a little more likely. Though I do think that Unity walking back more in response to the backlash is probably much more likely to occur instead. Maybe if the game gets completed one day some hero(es) will take it upon themselves to do a full conversion. Or at least I can dream.
A ren'py conversion will probably result in a very long, very drawn out "tech update" situation. Your dream is more likely to be a nightmare.

Sergiv2001

Jul 1, 2020
A ren'py conversion will probably result in a very long, very drawn out "tech update" situation. Your dream is more likely to be a nightmare.
I don`t think so. All pictures are drawn, and, IMHO, the game engine changing itself mustn`t be a very long process.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Quick question - how do I trigger leash scenes for Amazons? I didn't play 2.4.2 earlier, so I'm trying now, but can't figure this out. I did unlock all other content from 2.4.2 and also Gotham event did trigger, but I still can't get amazon leash scenes

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Quick question - how do I trigger leash scenes for Amazons? I didn't play 2.4.2 earlier, so I'm trying now, but can't figure this out. I did unlock all other content from 2.4.2 and also Gotham event did trigger, but I still can't get amazon leash scenes
Imagine wanting to see the same exact scene 20 times, wouldn't be the leash scene...

Requires wonderwoman to be in themyscria and then after a bit talk to pallas to build the leash. Then you should be able to do this to everyone on the island

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Imagine wanting to see the same exact scene 20 times, wouldn't be the leash scene...

Requires wonderwoman to be in themyscria and then after a bit talk to pallas to build the leash. Then you should be able to do this to everyone on the island
Well I would like to see at least once. Sooo.. How can I take Wonder Woman there? Should I just talk to her in the cell to make it happen? I'm asking as I can't test rn, I started the Gotham ball just now.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
By the way, I see 2.4.2 was heavily Avatar inspired :KEK: Pallas is 1:1 Korra and bath titjob girls are Toph and.. second one I'm not sure, but perhaps Jin?

Gar0u

Jan 16, 2021
Unity back tracked within a week.

Looking at Unity's stock prices explains why the bean counters thought the idea was good. The stock decline and tone deaf install fees also probably illustrates the company is being mismanaged
Mismanaged? That big Fucked up that moves through literally almost all dev teams existed in the market humbling unity itself? That's more than mismanaged, it's scummy and idiotic.

As far as i knew, they didn't backtracked. Until early 2024 and new rules applied, the new rates will not be applied.

Ssato243

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2021
Mismanaged? That big Fucked up that moves through literally almost all dev teams existed in the market humbling unity itself? That's more than mismanaged, it's scummy and idiotic.

As far as i knew, they didn't backtracked. Until early 2024 and new rules applied, the new rates will not be applied.
it is just two steps forward one step back unity will die
they still will try this

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes