Mod QSP Abandoned [Son of a bitch!] Translation Project 0.29 v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
NEWS: Avenger posted on 1/26 that a new update is coming in the next week or so.

Not sure if you are willing to at least make sure the files work on the new version(s), but I'm hoping :)
You didn't really check out the previous page did you? :ROFLMAO:

seregil79

Mar 14, 2017
You didn't really check out the previous page did you? :ROFLMAO:
Nope. Totally missed it. Yay me :rolleyes:

But doesn't really change me question. I'm not asking for further translation (though of course that would be great). What I was hoping for is making sure the current files are updated (in whatever way they need to be) that the new version gets the benefit of what has been translated in the past by Xorgroth.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Nope. Totally missed it. Yay me :rolleyes:

But doesn't really change me question. I'm not asking for further translation (though of course that would be great). What I was hoping for is making sure the current files are updated (in whatever way they need to be) that the new version gets the benefit of what has been translated in the past by Xorgroth.
If you hoped for continue a old save I predict there is no hope for that. Consider what Avenger posted about changes.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
I'm probably not going to continue this project myself but I'm open for anyone else who wants to take it over and do what they will to it. I haven't even wanted to look at the files in a year. Everything's on the gitlab page to fairly easy to pick it back up. I was logging where all the translations occurred but that got out of hand fast. So would have to differentiate between gibberish and translated still.
What's your workflow like? How do you diff the new versions added content?

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
What's your workflow like? How do you diff the new versions added content?
I merged manually so it was a bit of a process, normally compared the previous Russian txt2gam file to the new one since it had the most consistency between releases. Moved the changes over to the Translation project then grabbed the machine translations from the machine qsp/txt2gam. Never really did figure out a way to automate that much so that was pain to do.

Then I'd translate the variables if there was any new ones, also change character names to whatever they are since the machine translations usually spelt them multiple different ways and button text to something more consistent. After that I'd release and go back to whatever I was working on before. Provide bug fixes, etc if they came up. Since I almost always missed something in the merge process.

Oh the tool I used to diff the txt2gam was either Notepad++'s compare files or Meld. I really liked Meld, even if it can be a little slow at times. Both are free and think Meld is the only one that's cross platform.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Hows are the updates going? :) PS wish the game was in a stronger program than QSP, so it could fit more also i heard that Lauren Kaye Scott is dead :/

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Hows are the updates going? :) PS wish the game was in a stronger program than QSP, so it could fit more also i heard that Lauren Kaye Scott is dead :/
Thanks to Putin, the ability to get this monetized of any value outside Russia is now abysmal. If Avenger find it worth his while to work on this meanwhle all this shit going down... is hard to say.

• Sad
Reactions: jaredforks

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks to Putin, the ability to get this monetized of any value outside Russia is now abysmal. If Avenger find it worth his while to work on this meanwhle all this shit going down... is hard to say.
Actually thanks to putin i can say it will be reversed it might get him a bit of money, because simple fact
Russian ruble or russian rouble, say before if it was

10 ruble compared to 1 euro. it will become say 30 or even 50 compared to 1 euro perhaps hell i dont know exact currency ex-change rate i am just picking simple numbers.

So if anyone donates to him say 10 euro it will be a lot money later compared to before shit happend.

Let us just say Avengers gets 100.000 Russian ruble. it Might seem little today however because when shit is over and when/if economy returns to normal those 100.000 will be worth more than today.

The thing is nobody that is a 'corporate' or has lots of money however is going to want to invest in Russian economy pool right now because of many things from sanctions and shit.

Thus russian economy will fall or stagnate but when russian ruble picks up again vs world. it will be more worth.

Also getting money on a bank or paypal in Euro or USD will probably be better for him right now and beginning of later when shit has been fixed than russian rubles because when sanctions lift if he is fast before ex-change changes he could earn a pretty bit of money..

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Actually thanks to putin i can say it will be reversed it might get him a bit of money, because simple fact
Russian ruble or russian rouble, say before if it was

10 ruble compared to 1 euro. it will become say 30 or even 50 compared to 1 euro perhaps hell i dont know exact currency ex-change rate i am just picking simple numbers.

So if anyone donates to him say 10 euro it will be a lot money later compared to before shit happend.

Let us just say Avengers gets 100.000 Russian ruble. it Might seem little today however because when shit is over and when/if economy returns to normal those 100.000 will be worth more than today.

The thing is nobody that is a 'corporate' or has lots of money however is going to want to invest in Russian economy pool right now because of many things from sanctions and shit.

Thus russian economy will fall or stagnate but when russian ruble picks up again vs world. it will be more worth.

Also getting money on a bank or paypal in Euro or USD will probably be better for him right now and beginning of later when shit has been fixed than russian rubles because when sanctions lift if he is fast before ex-change changes he could earn a pretty bit of money..
All this will be impossible since the SWIFT restrictions will not allow an easy rubel euro/dollar transfer ;)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
All this will be impossible since the SWIFT restrictions will not allow an easy rubel euro/dollar transfer ;)
Also the rising inflation and cost of produts and living in Russia will go up. Just because you get more rubles, doesn't make them any more worth. And this shit wont be fixed anytime soon. This will be sanctions that will be felt in Russia for years. Long after the war in Ukraine is over, regardless how it end up. Seeing the increased censorship in Russia, how they blocking facebook and other social media platforms it basically turned into a full blown dictatorship. I know some people in Russia and they horrified over what happened and they can't do much about it.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
And then there is the increased limitation of access to the internet - not even sure that Russia will keep the current state for much longer. Several services have already been shut down and i dont see this being reversed any time soon - more an increase in limitations by Russia itself.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
You guys are not seeing the bigger picture, he could get donations to a paypal account were it could be in dollars for an example. 2 later when shit is fixed he gets a rebound effect and get back 10x or more compared to what he would have gotten today that is unless he moves away from Russia.. Then he can get money in euro or something...

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
You guys are not seeing the bigger picture, he could get donations to a paypal account were it could be in dollars for an example. 2 later when shit is fixed he gets a rebound effect and get back 10x or more compared to what he would have gotten today that is unless he moves away from Russia.. Then he can get money in euro or something...
Truely spoken as someone with a certain security in his life. Are you aware of the percentage of people in Russia who have savings? And how much? Check the news about the Russian Central Bank and the limits they just set for withdrawing foreign currencies. Most of those savings are below 10k dollar. On top of that it is highly unlikely that services like paypal etc will change their policy in the near future. Paypal is a wallet system with very easy ways of getting locked out from - especially since they dont operate directly in Russia anymore for years now.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Can't someone a friend outside of Russia set up a secret account for him or something?...
This is not how it works currently unless you are talking about physically moving money with bags from A to B. Any kind of transaction goes via bank systems. Currently Russian people can only get either dollar or rubel for their savings in foreign currency. And they are limited to certain amounts too. Since the majority of private savings in foreign currency are actually below that limit the Russian Central Bank has effectively rendered all those savings useless. Russians have no easy way to get visa to countries where they could try to get to money either. Sanctions are no joke this time.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is not how it works currently unless you are talking about physically moving money with bags from A to B. Any kind of transaction goes via bank systems. Currently Russian people can only get either dollar or rubel for their savings in foreign currency. And they are limited to certain amounts too. Since the majority of private savings in foreign currency are actually below that limit the Russian Central Bank has effectively rendered all those savings useless. Russians have no easy way to get visa to countries where they could try to get to money either. Sanctions are no joke this time.
Well, look at the bright side. There is less and less to spend money on in Russia these days as more and more companies and services pull out. :rolleyes:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: toolkitxx

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Don't look at me how he would later get money from his friend that's their problem to solve. On Another Note this war could ruin Russia as 3rd major power basically EU could jump ahead a lot..

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Don't look at me how he would later get money from his friend that's their problem to solve. On Another Note this war could ruin Russia as 3rd major power basically EU could jump ahead a lot..
If you remove oil and gas. Russia export less to the world than what the Swizz does. A eco power they never been...

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Well - economically the EU is and was up there already. And since almost all EU countries where also part of NATO there was no real need to play the military game. It's all just really sad however one looks at it. 'Major powers' is the actual problem currently because the UN was based on that old concept and causes the current deadlock.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes