VN Ren'Py Abandoned Soul at a Crossroads [Ep.1 Full] [MFN]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Seems like a long time with little input. This game on the outs?
The dev listed it as "On Hold", but really, I'm almost positive he abandoned it. Before placing it on hold, he talked about how he hated NTR and the dark story, and he wanted to change the story to a happy one with 0 NTR. Basically, he wanted to make Episode 1 pointless since it would pretty much erase what happened in it. There wasn't a big back lash from it. In fact, I think I may have been one of the only people who stated how I didn't like that.

So, he ended up putting it on hold, and made what would have been "Episode 2" into another game called Path of Love. I don't think he ever had any intention of coming back to this game to finish it. In fact, after Path of Love, he started working on another game called IDNL. So, yea, I think that pretty much confirms that he abandoned this game, even if he didn't list it as abandoned.

Personally, I think that's fine. I'd rather he just abandon this game and make a game he enjoys, instead of drastically changing this game after giving us a full episode.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The dev listed it as "On Hold", but really, I'm almost positive he abandoned it. Before placing it on hold, he talked about how he hated NTR and the dark story, and he wanted to change the story to a happy one with 0 NTR. Basically, he wanted to make Episode 1 pointless since it would pretty much erase what happened in it. There wasn't a big back lash from it. In fact, I think I may have been one of the only people who stated how I didn't like that.

So, he ended up putting it on hold, and made what would have been "Episode 2" into another game called Path of Love. I don't think he ever had any intention of coming back to this game to finish it. In fact, after Path of Love, he started working on another game called IDNL. So, yea, I think that pretty much confirms that he abandoned this game, even if he didn't list it as abandoned.

Personally, I think that's fine. I'd rather he just abandon this game and make a game he enjoys, instead of drastically changing this game after giving us a full episode.
Yeah devs should not make games with strong themes they dislike, just cause they think it will attract fans, whether that is incest, NTR or harem. It is hard to be both enthusiastic and believable if work on content you do not like in the first place. Add to this that most devs of the games on this site fall more under hobbyists (with all respect for them, there are loads of hardworking, dedicated and even some quite professional among them) that mainly make games out of passion and that becomes even more important.

Nkbs

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah devs should not make games with strong themes they dislike, just cause they think it will attract fans, whether that is incest, NTR or harem. It is hard to be both enthusiastic and believable if work on content you do not like in the first place. Add to this that most devs of the games on this site fall more under hobbyists (with all respect for them, there are loads of hardworking, dedicated and even some quite professional among them) that mainly make games out of passion and that becomes even more important.
Exactly, at my point of view, each Dev should make games (dev and in general honestly), should Make something they really like. When it's done (or at least, have a few parts already to share it with others here, steam, etc) well.. it would be matter of time and views of players to basically say:

"Hey, i like this game.. im going to support that person because i feel it will be great in the future once finished, meaby with luck i'll see X thing added" (yet not always happens, but that's when Mods come.. if it isn't too much trouble)

I honestly had a good feeling about the game but when i saw the post of the ntr thing and else.. i just abandoned it.

At my point of view, doesn't inspire me to count on other releases of any title...

Yet, it was good..

Reactions: MFN
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote