4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Exotica

Jul 13, 2019
The instructions Nimhe gives you say "Military Grade" which makes sense for a military research facility. Rare Bot Crates are likely to contain 1. Military Bot Crates are very likely to contain 1.
To be more specific your need Gen 2 or gen 3 bot parts in all areas, except the addons aka chips. these can be any grade.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I updated my personal mod again for 1.00b. Probably the two most significant changes are...

https://f95zone.to/threads/space-journey-gameplay-mod-for-sj1-00b-version-1-03-beta.180608/

Essentially:

1) I added 'grade' text for the body parts on the Bot configuration & training screen, with the grades color coded to show if higher grade and/or gen parts are currently available:
-- green 'grade' text = higher grade parts of same gen available | yellow 'grade' text = other parts of same grade available | orange 'grade' text = only lower grade parts of same gen available.
-- single green arrow = higher gen same grade | double green arrow = higher gen higher grade | red arrow = higher gen lower grade | ! = no other parts of current gen available

1) I reworked the warehouse screen, adding 10x/All buttons along side the 'single' buttons, added a few more increments to the 'auto-buy' quantity button, and added the contracted cargo amount to the last column.

Should you want to take the current version of my mod (1.03) for a spin, you should visit the Multiverse pod first, so that any bots stored in the Multiverse pod will extract properly, then save and install my mod. My mod SHOULD work with existing 1.00b saves, at least it has for me.

So yeah, if you are in the mood to try out a few of my silly ideas with 1.00b while we wait for 1.1 public to drop on the 20th of November...

Last edited:
Reactions: Oniros

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Good idea with the serial rescue. Damsel in distress...

In v1.10 (out on patreon, public release 20 Nov) you can invite Verity over to the ship and she'll demonstrate her dance skills on the brand new dancing pole in the Mess room :)

You can also give her a ship tour which ends in a flagrant violation of bridge protocols :)

All the more reasons to rescue her and not go for the loot :)
Might even be a spinoff game of "Verity's Various Perilous Perils"

BTW, old question, . . . Do the female Krell keep male humans as pets?

Last edited:

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
Might even be a spinoff game of "Verity's Various Perilous Perils"

BTW, old question, . . . Do the female Krell keep male humans as pets?
That could be a fun running sideplot / quest line - Verity getting kidnapped / taking questionable jobs and needing to be rescued repeatedly, until finally you have to rescue her and it is clear the kidnappers are just incompetent and it turns out to be people she hired to kidnap her to get your attention so you'd come rescue her and pay attention to her. Basically a very awkward flirtation with the MC and a uniquely differnet romance than the crew members who are always around.

I'd kinda like to know that too... Are there female Krell? Do they look like male Krell and are big huge busty monsters, or do they look like green female humans? Inquiring minds want to know.

Exotica

Jul 13, 2019
That could be a fun running sideplot / quest line - Verity getting kidnapped / taking questionable jobs and needing to be rescued repeatedly, until finally you have to rescue her and it is clear the kidnappers are just incompetent and it turns out to be people she hired to kidnap her to get your attention so you'd come rescue her and pay attention to her. Basically a very awkward flirtation with the MC and a uniquely differnet romance than the crew members who are always around.

I'd kinda like to know that too... Are there female Krell? Do they look like male Krell and are big huge busty monsters, or do they look like green female humans? Inquiring minds want to know.
The last few questions in your post here remind me of the TOS period of Star Trek and the Green Skinned Orion Slave Women. If the Krell females look anything like those Otions then something somewhere in the universe screwed the pooch. I can not pathom how a sexy woman like that could create a Krell in her stomache lol/ stranger things have happened so ok den

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017

I would suggest Krell females, (at least the younger ones), be more along the lines of Princess Attea from Ben 10, . . .
4997054 - Attea Ben_10 Ben_10__Omniverse BunBunMuffinArt.jpg 2293640 - Attea Ben_10 Ben_10__Omniverse Ben_Tennyson.jpg

Whenthey get older is when the ugly sets in, . . .
EEwZP1RQPS8ZhUTen4Fw--5--isdzf.jpg

Last edited:

secret_agent

Dec 20, 2019
I assume you sabotaged the biolab successfiully.
  • In the cutscene that follows Merchant Quexnor leaves the lab in a hurry.
  • Confronted by you theres the choice "Rescue" vs "Loot" or sth of that kind
  • If you chose the loot and not rescue Verity, then she not been saved and some bonus content is not accessible.

In either case Ylyee will contact you a day or so later and thank you for the sabotage action and unlock Voron space.

I was reading a bit and I think I figured out the problem. I believe I need to use the "infiltrator" bot to sabotage the biolab, but my infiltrator bot ran away after I used her on the first station and before I made it to the biolab. I haven't found a way to create a new infiltrator bot. Could that be a problem that's locking me out of this mission?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I was reading a bit and I think I figured out the problem. I believe I need to use the "infiltrator" bot to sabotage the biolab, but my infiltrator bot ran away after I used her on the first station and before I made it to the biolab. I haven't found a way to create a new infiltrator bot. Could that be a problem that's locking me out of this mission?
Yes, that is the issue.
I briefly considered making the Infiltrator running away a game over moment but didn't.
I should have implemented a infiltrator shell recovery mission but there is none.

What you can do:
A. If you have not picked up either multiverse warehouse or mv pod:
- make a quick new game, start late (day 70 or so)
- store the infiltrator that comes with the game in the pod or warehouse
- go back to your original game, load pod or warehouse - voila!

B. You have picked up both MV Pod and warehouse already or want a quick solve
- use the following code to make a shell:

GAME.lab.parts.append(GAME.sbPartsData["SBPShell2TypeI"].clone())

- this will append a replacement type i shell to your lab parts list

Reactions: secret_agent

Arheme

Aug 23, 2021
What happened here?
When i go trough the arellarti asteroid belt, and i find a bot container, i always get an error.
No other problems with the gameplay, only this.
Is it a bug or is my game corrupted, I tried different saves. the earliest is from 21 oct. so just after the latest update.
Hope someone has an answer. thank you.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What happened here?
yv0751

So, I THINK I solved this problem. To explain when this happens, when you go through the Arellarti Asteroid Belt and risk damage to your ship, and are rewarded with a pod drop, 855_events.rpy line 551 reads:
$ GAME.ship.packBot("bot", bot, "Space Find")

Removing "bot" seems to fix the issue, i.e.
$ GAME.ship.packBot(bot, "Space Find")

There was another place in the files (780_combat.rpy line 617) that just has (bot, "Space Find") which has been working properly. This is not related to my mod currently as I haven't touched either of these files, this is a 'vanilla' 1.00b issue. Not sure if you've 'fixed' this already in 1.1 but if not I figured you wouldn't mind a heads up...

I'll hand off the fix to Arheme in the meantime!

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
When i go trough the arellarti asteroid belt, and i find a bot container, i always get an error.
No other problems with the gameplay, only this.
Is it a bug or is my game corrupted, I tried different saves. the earliest is from 21 oct. so just after the latest update.
Hope someone has an answer. thank you.
This is indeed a bug / typo.
Workaround : Rollback / other route through asteroids

Is fixed in V1.10

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game. There's a certain amount of grind, but it's all tied into gameplay and game balance and achievement levels.

OhWee's mods also substantially enhance the gameplay quality. Will they be rolled into the next release or will we need to add them back in?

Reactions: OhWee

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game. There's a certain amount of grind, but it's all tied into gameplay and game balance and achievement levels.

OhWee's mods also substantially enhance the gameplay quality. Will they be rolled into the next release or will we need to add them back in?
Glad you enjoy the game so far.
- Dedicated slot for shells coming with 1.10 (Public 20.11)
- Better part filtering coming with v1.20
- Much more on BOT Lab side coming with V1.20 :)

The grind increasing part of the mod (management of energy etc.) I didn't include as i want a light gameplay expoerience

Thanks to OhWee for the good suggestions / proof of concepts!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Glad you enjoy the game so far.
- Dedicated slot for shells coming with 1.10 (Public 20.11)
- Better part filtering coming with v1.20
- Much more on BOT Lab side coming with V1.20 :)

The grind increasing part of the mod (management of energy etc.) I didn't include as i want a light gameplay expoerience

Thanks to OhWee for the good suggestions / proof of concepts!
I'm going to update my personal mod with each update regardless, mainly just for me as it fits my 'personal' play style, but it'll be good to see some more things added to the 'vanilla' game so that I don't have to.

Not sure how yv0751 will be incorporating shells (which will probably be different than my approach of adding a sixth addon slot that is dedicated to shells) but I'll try to 'play nice' and try to figure out yv0751's approach to this, as I've been trying to do with other aspects of my mod. My goal is to enhance the gameplay experience and also to tweak the bot economy a bit while maintaining the 'look and feel'. And also to make bot upgrades a bit less random and hence a bit less grindy...

Right now, bot values get so high that the game gets to a point where you can just stick 10 high value bots into the sex arcade in the mid game and never have to worry about money again, maybe selling a bot here and there if you need a quick boost. This makes cargo and bounty missions pretty much irrelevant at that point, except for the story driven ones. So in my mod I changed the way that bot value is added (various factors now stack via addition rather than via multiplication) so that bot values now 'cap' at around $20 million, instead of the much higher values we are seeing in vanilla SJ 1.00b and earlier versions.

It'd be pretty easy for me to add a 'difficulty modifier' into my mod that adds a baseline multiplier to all bot values though (say 25% to all bot values) to allow for higher baseline value bots, if there is interest in such things. My main goal with this, though, is to keep cargo and bounty missions (other than the story driven ones) relevant into the mid-late game, as right now higher gen bots rake in a LOT of cash in Vanilla SJ.

I enjoy the combat and cargo missions a lot too, they are part of the 'charm' of SJ for me, so keeping them relevant throughout the game is something that I personally prefer.
:cool:

My mod isn't perfect atm by any means (still squashing bugs here and there), but the main reason I am sharing my personal mod is so that others can try out the interface and gameplay changes I'm making in it and let yv0751 know which ones they really like, so that he can evaluate how 'useful' each individual change is and also if said change 'fits' his vision.
:unsure:

Also, my campaign against excess scrolling (and less clicking) when it isn't really necessary in some places (i.e. resizing/rearranging a few things to reduce/eliminate scrolling when possible)... less scrolling helps reduce the grind a tiny bit!
:p

Carry on!
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: riddikk91

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
I'm going to update my personal mod with each update regardless, mainly just for me as it fits my 'personal' play style, but it'll be good to see some more things added to the 'vanilla' game so that I don't have to.

Not sure how yv0751 will be incorporating shells (which will probably be different than my approach of adding a sixth addon slot that is dedicated to shells) but I'll try to 'play nice' and try to figure out yv0751's approach to this, as I've been trying to do with other aspects of my mod. My goal is to enhance the gameplay experience and also to tweak the bot economy a bit while maintaining the 'look and feel'. And also to make bot upgrades a bit less random and hence a bit less grindy...

Right now, bot values get so high that the game gets to a point where you can just stick 10 high value bots into the sex arcade in the mid game and never have to worry about money again, maybe selling a bot here and there if you need a quick boost. This makes cargo and bounty missions pretty much irrelevant at that point, except for the story driven ones. So in my mod I changed the way that bot value is added (various factors now stack via addition rather than via multiplication) so that bot values now 'cap' at around $20 million, instead of the much higher values we are seeing in vanilla SJ 1.00b and earlier versions.

It'd be pretty easy for me to add a 'difficulty modifier' into my mod that adds a baseline multiplier to all bot values though (say 25% to all bot values) to allow for higher baseline value bots, if there is interest in such things. My main goal with this, though, is to keep cargo and bounty missions (other than the story driven ones) relevant into the mid-late game, as right now higher gen bots rake in a LOT of cash in Vanilla SJ.

I enjoy the combat and cargo missions a lot too, they are part of the 'charm' of SJ for me, so keeping them relevant throughout the game is something that I personally prefer.
:cool:

My mod isn't perfect atm by any means (still squashing bugs here and there), but the main reason I am sharing my personal mod is so that others can try out the interface and gameplay changes I'm making in it and let yv0751 know which ones they really like, so that he can evaluate how 'useful' each individual change is and also if said change 'fits' his vision.
:unsure:

Also, my campaign against excess scrolling (and less clicking) when it isn't really necessary in some places (i.e. resizing/rearranging a few things to reduce/eliminate scrolling when possible)... less scrolling helps reduce the grind a tiny bit!
:p

Carry on!
;)
This whole thing is low key super wholesome too, just a mod to improve on things and not shit on the dev... rare
Also both Devs keep up the good work, who knows collab would be for the future huh

Feb 5, 2018

Interestingly enough, I am currently beta testing V1.20 in the early stages. Like you suggested, shells now fit in a shell only slot. It is a nice change.

Reactions: OhWee

SirJohnny69

Dec 23, 2019
Hi, need help with sabotaging the biolab mission, my argus is 100% already equipped cloaking and infiltrator is ready, but it keep saying to seek business elsewhre.. any help? thanks

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes