What is your preference for my 2025 Project ( search thread for "Poll 2025" to see details)

• GAME 1 - Hex Academy

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • GAME 2 - Arcane Academy: Goblin Uprising

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • GAME 3 - Sexbot Rebellion

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • GAME 4 - Dairy Dynasty

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • GAME 5 - Space Journey X Continued

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Any above OK with me

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Test279

Sep 4, 2019
GAME 5 - Space Journey X Continued

Season 2 when? :D

Space Journey X continuation has a lot of potential. It would be great to see more of their adventures and the crew interacting with each other more. ;)

Bawunga

Dec 19, 2019
Public Poll - Poll 2025

* * * Go to head of page to cast your Vote in the Poll I'll setup there * * *

Hi,

sometime this year after a few extensions more SJX is scheduled to be wrapped up. I am currently thinking about what new game to make in 2025.
Here are the five Working Ideas at the Moment. It would be great if you can provide feedback on which concept is most to your liking (or comment on any other idea, must have "mass market" appeal).
Sorry for the long text, but if you vote you should read it to get an idea :)

Looking forward to see what is most popular.

GAME 1 - Hex Academy
  • Sandbox, Point and Click, 3DCG, Renpy
  • You are a (male) Hero, cursed by a witch into the shape of a familiar / ghost. You spend your hours at Toadmoore's Witches' Academy, accompanying your witch through her day and trying to lift the curse that afflicts you

GAME 2 - Arcane Academy: Goblin Uprising
  • Sandbox, Point and Click, 3DCG, Renpy
  • You are Hermione (or similar), a _female_ apprentice Witch, who wakes up one day in Toadmoore's Academy to find out the School has been taken over by (pervy) Goblins. You navigate your school day trying to find out what happened and overthrow the Goblin Regime...

GAME 3 - Sexbot Rebellion
  • Dungeon Crawler & Sex Arcade Sim, Isometric, Unity or Godot
  • You (male or female MC) explore a Multi Level Facility overrun by rebellious Sexbots. You take over the (female) Bots with your Enforcer Drone (like Paradroid) and fix them, train them and put them to work in your Sex Arcade

GAME 4 - Dairy Dynasty
  • Farm Sim, Special Interest, Isometric, Unity or Godot,
  • You are an enterprising Alien, who manages a futuristic farm, where you employ, train, breed and manage your Humans to conquer your Planet's Dairy Industry with your revolutionary new dairy products
  • Not sure I can get this past Patreon...

GAME 5 - Space Journey X Continued
  • Sandbox, Continuation of Space Journey X with new Locations and Content
* * * Go to head of page to cast your Vote in the Poll I'll setup there * * *
While game 2 ticks every box I've got, if you're going to tempt us with more Space Journey I don't think it's a shock the poll show what it currently does.

Macfinn99

Jun 20, 2017
Dairy Dynasty, . . . Love the concept, but it's kind of hard to see a plot structure with a lot of variety. Not just humans but Valkorian, Drengarian, Syraxian and don't forget Voronian for the other blue milk!

From a gaming standpoint, I think this might work better as a side plot in a new SJX game. The smuggling options were slaves and drugs, the slaves have to go somewhere. Plus, having it as a sideplot might get you past Patreon restrictions.

There's an advantage to making the next game the Real Witches of Hexside. It gives you some breathing room from SJX and a chance to solidify a new and mor detailed plot structure for SJX2.

Last edited:
Reactions: initiated

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Dairy Dynasty, . . . Love the concept, but it's kind of hard to see a plot structure with a lot of variety.
It would be just like an idle farm management sim. No sandbox story.

On the acquisition side, you cruise with your saucer over rural Earth, abduct humans and add them to your milk farm :)
The capturing could be a more action oriented minigame (overhead view) . When your saucer appears, the eartlings shriek and run for cover.
You have to lock on with your space ray before they hide themselves :)
Then you investigate them and decide whther you keep them or set them free after some probing...

And of course your Dairy Company would have a big "DD" logo :). The alien would be a little blue guy (da ba dee...)...

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Reading the first two Options... meh
Reading the 3rd and 4th Option... damn I want both... reading your detailed explanation about the Milk farm... Ok let's go with the Sex Bots.
Reading last Option... that's mean there is no competition now why didn't you put it up 1st?

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
The thing about Space Journey X, is it holds the ability to go in any direction.

let's say the game has a ending, the dev could easily make this a branch point : have a simple choice, A leads to an Ending, B leads elsewhere (could be more content, or a "to be continued in SJX2")
the fun thing is that as a space game, anything could happen, ship could crash land on a "primitive" planet, or fall into a blackhole and reappear somewhere else (even alternate realities), thus allowing new settings, story and characters. maybe something goes wrong with the ship and the MC does a heroic "save the ladies while I get stuck in this location" (thus allowing a new cast if the dev wants) there's just so many choices!
And because it doesn't have to be limited to SJX, but could be split into a sequel, the dev can introduce new mechanics/gameplay as wanted/needed.

Heck, if done right, Dev could have concepts from each game in the poll in a singular game if that takes their fancy.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes