VN Ren'Py Space Ranger Kimmi! [Ep.01 Act 2] [LordSheep]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

LordSheep

Mar 9, 2018
SRK Banner01.jpg

Overview:
The Universe is a dangerous place! Thousands of worlds have banded together to form the Allied Sapient States, a Democratic Coalition of Humans and Aliens living (and loving) side-by-side! Hunger, Poverty, and outdated notions of Moral Relativism are all but eliminated within the borders of the A.S.S.!
However… all is not well in the rest of the Galaxy! Beyond the borders of the A.S.S., endless legions of malcontents and evildoers plot the destruction and subjugation of the good peoples of the A.S.S.! Only one force stands in their way, the SPACE RANGERS!
These brave men and women, Heroes all, have dedicated their lives to preserving the ideals of the A.S.S.: TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND LOVE FOR ALL!​

Thread Updated: 2023-04-15
Release Date: 2023-04-15
Developer: LordSheep - -
Censored: No
Version: Episode 01, Act 2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - - -
Mac:
- - - - -

SRK_MM01.png srk_e01s02kshower03.png srk_e01s04kcargo2.png SRK zerog disrobe3.png Kimmi WP01 720.png

Last edited:

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
Beyond the borders of the A.S.S., endless legions of malcontents and evildoers plot the destruction and subjugation of the good peoples of the A.S.S.! Only one force stands in their way,
These brave men and women, are the "Interstellar Uranus Rangers", but known among space travelers as "InUranus", dedicated to preserve the ideals of the A.S.S. :LOL:

Last edited:

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Downloaded and I'll try to give it a play tonight. My first thought is that after reading the overview, changelog, and developer's notes I have no clue what this is about. The overview doesn't even talk about Kimmi at all.

Is this following the production of an episode (that is, is it about the actress and people yelling action, etc.) or does it take place entirely within the fictional world? Is the plan for this to be a single story with possible sequels or a series of episodes within one game?

What is driving the plot? Has Kimmi received a distress call? Or has she been sent to explore a strange signal? Does she find herself under attack by pirates/aliens? All I get from reading everything is that it's about a cute pink-haired girl who takes a shower at some point.

LordSheep

Mar 9, 2018
Downloaded and I'll try to give it a play tonight. My first thought is that after reading the overview, changelog, and developer's notes I have no clue what this is about. The overview doesn't even talk about Kimmi at all.

Is this following the production of an episode (that is, is it about the actress and people yelling action, etc.) or does it take place entirely within the fictional world? Is the plan for this to be a single story with possible sequels or a series of episodes within one game?

What is driving the plot? Has Kimmi received a distress call? Or has she been sent to explore a strange signal? Does she find herself under attack by pirates/aliens? All I get from reading everything is that it's about a cute pink-haired girl who takes a shower at some point.
With the Overview, I was going for the sort of thing you might find on the back of a DVD box-set, which was probably written by a marketing team before any of the episodes were actually produced.

The majority of the story will be within the fictional world. I'm still wrestling with how much I want to break the 4th Wall. Right now, there are a couple of "errors" in shots but no-one in-universe has called attention to them. Your eyes might even slide past them, if you're not looking. I'm debating whether I want each Episode to play it totally straight, or have the "Actors" remark on the "cheapness" of the production. Did you ever see the Community episode where they Chang hit it big in Hollywood and they tried to make a movie to cash in?

I'm planning multiple Episodes within the same executable, though I'll probably break it into multiple executables (called Seasons) once the file size starts to get too large. Some choices will carry over from Episode to Episode, but they'll mostly be standalone, Monster-Of-The-Week type adventures.

Oh, and
Trust me, it's more exciting than it sounds. At least, I hope it will be.

Reactions: Doctor Shark

BlueNight2024

Aug 22, 2020
Looks really good. So, if this like a television show can be What if... Like in moments when Kimmi lose a battle with a big bad enemy can be see what is his fate in the hands of his enemy, like to become the bride of pervert alien or to be mind control into becoming his maid. This could work like a bad ending, or could work like a one-shot or what could have happe if Kimmi lost or took a bad choice

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
  • I love Kimmi's ass, but I'm concerned I might have to shrink it a bit in the future. She has just slightly too much badonkadonk for some of the posing I want her to do later. Needs more experimentation.
As long as the texture and shape persists (shape is what matters most imo), a size down isn't too bad.
  • I worked really hard on them! It was VERY frustrating to be 80% rendered, only to realize I forgot to set the depth-of-field, or had a serious clipping issue. Granted, there are still examples of both present in the current release, but if I didn't release something, I was never going to!

• Ah, yes, {Spoiler} and {Spoiler}. I don't want to give away anything, since they're not supposed to join the cast until later episodes, but...
    • The blonde's hair is supposed to look like a bad wig.
    • And her lighting is bad because none of them were intended to be in that shot in the first place. (I do need to practice lighting for darker skin tones, too, but that's besides the point!)
    • Edit: And I had to CRUSH the textures in that scene to get it to fit my GPU. But I've upgraded my computer since then, so it should be easier going forward.
Understandable. It's great that you are so critical of your quality and work. Good luck, hope you get subscribers, and try not to burn out <3

Reactions: LordSheep
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes