Unity Abandoned Space Runner [v0.1] [Quinion]

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
2.png

Overview:
Space runner is an adventure game, it's my first game created and I've put a lot of effort, I'm not good at drawing and I'm not good at programming but I'm motivated to create a good game, I spent 4 months developing the first release of this game working At least 12 hours a day to be able to at least create something decent that fills me with some pride and I believe that after these arduous 4 months I have achieved something like that.

Still trying to get more info about game, so if anyone plays it leave some information.

Updated: 6-Jun-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: None
Version: 0.1
Language: English/Spanish
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Win 64bit: - - - -

1.png 6.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg chode.jpg

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU CREAM.

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
I think that's a typo as I don't know of a term known as, "having a hell's ass."

"(But, what a hell's ass this girl has, it must be my lucky day)."
Suggestions: When you close a parenthesis you put the punctuation mark inside said parenthesis.

"(But hell, what an ass this girl has, it must be my lucky day.)"
With this sentence it sounds less like broken English and also follows grammar rules.

hyco2

Sep 15, 2017
Dang, here I sit needing sleep and with an oath never to touch 0.1's again. And this looks too good to not try it. Do not disappoint me, or I might get... ironic!

@Reapergod36: Is it norm-english with the punctuation in the parenthesis? In german we put it outside, (like this), because it is normally part of a bigger sentence, and the punctuation belongs to sentence.

edit 20mins later: Sooo Mike the braindead pixelman walks alot to make no content seem longer? I played until I was back from the drilling mission, and than gave in to a deepsitting feeling of boredom. Maybe there is more, now I have a strong experience of "I should have known better"....

Reactions: Tr1n1trotolueno

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Welcome to 8-bit walking simulator 2018!

Seriously though, why so much pointless walking around, with no map or any idea what my current objective is? Well, I did get a clue from Kara... walk 2 miles to the back of the ship to get pooped out in a shuttle so I can walk a mile on the surface and then raise a cloud of dust. I guess all that walking was tiring...

I do applaud the dev, this is a unique labor of love and has a ton of great potential. I understand this is first release, and creating the foundation for the game is a ton of work. The artwork is great (though a little repetitive at this point; all sectors are sector 1!) and I want to learn more about the larger setting. There is great attention to detail, and fewer than average bugs/typos.

If I could make a few suggestions:
  • Once Kara is finished, give a menu of available missions (drilling/ice planet), rather than having the MC suddenly send the ship into hyperspace, then be given the choice of "Ice planet" or "back". I had no idea what was going on, clicked on "Ice planet" and then wasted 20 minutes walking around the ship only to discover the mission is just a placeholder
  • If you're going to insist on making the player walk 4 miles to where he works, at least enable keyboard controls for movement. Having to click every 1.5 seconds to keep the MC moving is annoying.
  • I'm sure you have plans for it in the future, but after making such a big deal about the treatment plan, and then not having it happen before starting the first mission (or within the first day or two) really leaves me hanging.
  • Maybe make a turbolift system, where we can choose cockpit/hab modules/science modules/hanger bay and not have to spend a minute and 3 seconds walking between my bedroom and the hanger bay, only to be followed with another minute and 15 seconds to walk from the shuttle to the drill...
So, be warned, it takes a minimum of 4.5 minutes per day. In between each day, you can mess with your neighbor, for a scene that takes a minute or two to click through. I've done 4 days so far, and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Edit - content seems to start repeating after 6 days.

D

Deleted member 122097

"At least 12 hours a day to be able to at least create something decent that fills me with some pride and I believe that after these arduous 4 months I have achieved something like that."
There must have been some very thorough playtesting. I would guess of those 12 hours 8 were spent traversing through the seemingly endless corridors of the ship.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
From that last screenshot, dude's got a cock like a soup can. Short and fat. I guess that's what the space ladies are going for these days?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
i quote
===============================

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg ! is that a typo or an specific engrish ? who can hear my cream ? XD

make my night!

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I have no idea if the dev will see this or not but two things:
1. There are a ton of grammatical/phrasing errors
2. Never have two different art styles, especially when you make one 3d and the other 2d, choose one

From what I can tell, a good amount of effort went into animation, and creating the 2d art. While I applaud trying to feel polished that is completely negated by not having a continuous demo.

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
Dang, here I sit needing sleep and with an oath never to touch 0.1's again. And this looks too good to not try it. Do not disappoint me, or I might get... ironic!

@Reapergod36: Is it norm-english with the punctuation in the parenthesis? In german we put it outside, (like this), because it is normally part of a bigger sentence, and the punctuation belongs to sentence.

edit 20mins later: Sooo Mike the braindead pixelman walks alot to make no content seem longer? I played until I was back from the drilling mission, and than gave in to a deepsitting feeling of boredom. Maybe there is more, now I have a strong experience of "I should have known better"....
English wise the punctuation always goes within the parentheses, same with commas. parentheses

Reactions: hyco2

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
The only time punctuation doesn't go within the parenthesis is when it's part of the larger sentence (like this), or when it's the last part of a sentence (though there are some exceptions to this rule)! However, especially when you're quoting something, or writing it as part of a story where some dialogue happens as an aside (much like if I were to be, and had a character where said here, "Well, isn't that just grand?"); basically, append any punctuation for the sentence the parenthesed content is within after the parentheses and keep it internally consistant as if a second sentence sans ending punctuation, unless a quote/dialogue, wherein it's separate from the sentence it's injected into.

Reactions: hyco2

mthrndr01

Apr 23, 2018
i quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg ! is that a typo or an specific engrish ? who can hear my cream ? XD

make my night!
In hentai games it's not uncommon for there to be a weird 'splortch' sound upon male orgasm. But not in space, maybe?