PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Don't know if anyone noticed the new addition to the title?

It was all in the weekly update, but it has not been shared this time.

View attachment 3498305

Nemiegs explains in the weekly update :ROFLMAO::
During my absence last weekend, the marketing team conducted a small survey revealing that the title "Special Request" lacks significance for those unfamiliar with the game. This realization threw me into an analysis paralysis as I pondered potential titles. The discussions on Discord were instrumental, and the tipping point came with the Patreon poll. While the options didn't quite resonate with me, your collective preference for the keyword "corruption" was unmistakable. Although pairing it with the MC name felt somewhat clichéd, the perfect solution emerged from the comments. Therefore, SR's full title today is "Special Request: In the Web of Corruption". A heartfelt thank you to all who contributed to the Discord discussions voted, and shared their opinions! Your support has been invaluable.

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
I tried this a few years ago and decided to see how far it had come since then. Unfortunately, I forgot my first step of all renpy games: disable sounds.

I will admit that a lot of times, this game seems to be a decent mature game. Then you see one of those male faces that is so horribly misshaped that it feels like a cartoon or parody. But what really brings it down in my opinion (which I usually dont notice since I ALWAYS disable audio first) is the sounds. The "OMG", "OH MY LORD", "NO NO NO!", "OH!", "WHAT", "WHAT THE HELL" and the laugh ones... They sound so horrible and out of place.

I personally disable sounds in these games because they are always absolutely horrible. And I am pretty sure the reason is that any voice actor that these devs can afford is going to sound like ass. And most devs use either presold voices, or free ones they find. AAA games barely get decent voice acting half of the time, so small devs like this have no chance.

But what bugs me is that a dev would use these very crappy sounds and play their game and not be like "Man, that sounds like utter ass, I should just remove it". Something is not always better than nothing if that something is crap.

I played "The Visit" once and forgot to turn off sounds. The sound of the MC cumming while fapping in a bathroom sounded like a fucking Harley Davidson fucking an elephant. Instant quit and delete. How do people hear this and not instantly delete those games?

Ill end my rant here and take part of the blame for forgetting to disable sounds. Maybe one day my shit-audio-rant will help a dev realize they are better off with less or no audio and become a better dev :p

Vibesy

Nov 19, 2023
I tried this a few years ago and decided to see how far it had come since then. Unfortunately, I forgot my first step of all renpy games: disable sounds.

I will admit that a lot of times, this game seems to be a decent mature game. Then you see one of those male faces that is so horribly misshaped that it feels like a cartoon or parody. But what really brings it down in my opinion (which I usually dont notice since I ALWAYS disable audio first) is the sounds. The "OMG", "OH MY LORD", "NO NO NO!", "OH!", "WHAT", "WHAT THE HELL" and the laugh ones... They sound so horrible and out of place.

I personally disable sounds in these games because they are always absolutely horrible. And I am pretty sure the reason is that any voice actor that these devs can afford is going to sound like ass. And most devs use either presold voices, or free ones they find. AAA games barely get decent voice acting half of the time, so small devs like this have no chance.

But what bugs me is that a dev would use these very crappy sounds and play their game and not be like "Man, that sounds like utter ass, I should just remove it". Something is not always better than nothing if that something is crap.

I played "The Visit" once and forgot to turn off sounds. The sound of the MC cumming while fapping in a bathroom sounded like a fucking Harley Davidson fucking an elephant. Instant quit and delete. How do people hear this and not instantly delete those games?

Ill end my rant here and take part of the blame for forgetting to disable sounds. Maybe one day my shit-audio-rant will help a dev realize they are better off with less or no audio and become a better dev :p
If you turn off sounds you lose the moans. The moans are hot!

Pollux

Jan 4, 2018

Hi!
First, thank you for the insightful comments and valuable suggestions shared following last week's update. Your engagement is crucial for the game's evolution and improvement. I recommend revisiting last week's update comments for those seeking in-depth discussion.
For the first couple of days this week, I dedicated myself to the feedback, considering changes, and planning the future course for the game. Here's a summary of the discussions and the decisions I've made:
Event Management: I'm considering slightly reducing the number of storylines per update. This approach would allow me to increase visuals on significant events slightly.
Character Development: To avoid over-reliance on the main character, Laura, and add variety, I consider incorporating more events with other female characters.
Storyline Adjustments: Specific storylines (e.g., circus, priest, detective in the Park) were discussed, with decisions made to discontinue or adjust specific plots to better align with the game's direction and player feedback.
Future Plans: I have planned to conclude or merge various storylines (e.g., Ritvar, Harvey, Lolita; Beatrice; circus; officer Pecker in the Park) based on their relevance and player reception, aiming to streamline the narrative.
Game Development Progress: To maintain transparency, I've migrated my game planning to a platform that allows me to visualize and refine the story's interconnectedness more effectively. This follows the introduction of a new subtitle, "In the Web of Corruption," which perfectly captures the complexity and intrigue of my evolving narrative.
Moving forward, I've continued working on the next game update this week and will keep doing so next week.
Thank you once again for your support, engagement, and constructive criticism. Together, we're crafting a game we can all be proud of.
Warm regards,
Nemiegs​

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
So, I am confused. As I have recently noticed with other games, Nemiegs text above seems to be what I would consider "pretty good English". But the text in the game often seems like a bad translation (or someone who barely speaks the language). And like I have said, Ive recently noticed this on a bunch of other games where the in-game English seems rather poor and the dev is active on here.

I cant quite tell which of my 2 guesses are more likely:
1: Dev uses AI or has someone who works for them that writes their forum posts, but writes their own game dialog without having anyone edit/proofread/fix it.
2: Dev has decent quality English, but does not write their own game dialog.

Both of these seem very weird, as you would expect the dev to put more into the quality of the game text than the forum posts (especially on a pirate forum where less of these views/opinions will convert to dollars).

I feel the quality of this game would get a big boost by some basic proofreading and dialog editing. The other thing that I think would boost the quality is slightly toning down the extreme-unrealistic-ugliness of some of the "bad guys". I get they are done that way on purpose, but still some of them are so deformed it breaks what little realism there is. I also admit that it is pretty much too late to fix that now (although new characters can be toned down before being added).

I realize I am mostly just bitching about this game, but to be honest if it was all bad I would have just deleted it. I want to like it, but there are things that really bug me about it, hence my bitching.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
How do people hear this and not instantly delete those games?
Well, yes it makes a bad impression with me, too. But if the developer does not employ them too much, I can kind of ignore them. It's more invading than bad graphics, but the same principle. When I see a game with not-HD graphics, no good shadows, bad lightning and old models, I get sceptical. But the most important aspect of an adult game for me is the story. So if this is quite goot, I can forgive many other things.

What especially turns me off coming to sound is the comicesque of those cheap ones like the "WHAAAAT?" when a guy puts a hand on some MCs ass in public or even worse, in the middle of a hot scene where the "wrong hole" may have been chosen.

as you would expect the dev to put more into the quality of the game text than the forum posts (especially on a pirate forum where less of these views/opinions will convert to dollars).
Good observation and good point. May also be a question if "the developer" is a single person or a loose group of guys. Sometimes, there also might be a little lazyness be involved... to proof-read a bunch of already written game-lines might be more boring than to re-check a post here.
But yeah, I would like to get an answer to your question, too.

But specifically about Special Request: I don't think the game language is that off - I red a lot worse elsewhere. And did not post the above quote himself here.

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
Honestly the English in this game doesn't strike me as bad at all. It's obviously written by a non-native, but that mostly shows in the occasional stiffness or clunky phrasing. Very occasionally there will be a line I need to read twice to figure out, but it's just a couple in the whole game so far. Most other games by non-native speakers have multiple incidences of me not being able to figure out what the dev meant at all, but that's never happened to me with SR.

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
Nemiegs explains in the weekly update :ROFLMAO::
In Corporate Bondage seemed more appropriate to ne, but what do I know? :unsure: EDIT: I was referring to the renaming of the game. In the Web of Debauchery, is kind of lengthy. In Corporate Bondage, which was one of the suggestions, seems like a better fit.

Last edited:

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
Well, yes it makes a bad impression with me, too. But if the developer does not employ them too much, I can kind of ignore them. It's more invading than bad graphics, but the same principle. When I see a game with not-HD graphics, no good shadows, bad lightning and old models, I get sceptical. But the most important aspect of an adult game for me is the story. So if this is quite goot, I can forgive many other things.

What especially turns me off coming to sound is the comicesque of those cheap ones like the "WHAAAAT?" when a guy puts a hand on some MCs ass in public or even worse, in the middle of a hot scene where the "wrong hole" may have been chosen.

Good observation and good point. May also be a question if "the developer" is a single person or a loose group of guys. Sometimes, there also might be a little lazyness be involved... to proof-read a bunch of already written game-lines might be more boring than to re-check a post here.
But yeah, I would like to get an answer to your question, too.

But specifically about Special Request: I don't think the game language is that off - I red a lot worse elsewhere. And did not post the above quote himself here.
I agree that the story is the most important part. I kinda learned early on (3-4 years ago?) that art in solo-dev VNs can be pretty shitty, and you kinda had to allow bad art or just move on somewhere else. So I mostly stopped judging the art itself (I have a bit of daz experience, so I know it can be hard to do it right). Honestly, for the most part I use the art as kinda a starting spot, and let my mind kinda take over. Lots of times I dont even pay much attention to the art other than a quick glance to see who is in what position/etc.

There are some things that just strike me as lazy-as-fuck though, and I wont ignore. One of the main ones is devs that leave characters either floating an inch above the ground, or buried an inch into the ground, or arms/legs phasing into couches/etc. That shit bugs me. It shows they were in a hurry to finish the render and didnt bother paying attention to basic shit. Same with when devs put a model in high heels, and then change their pose but dont notice that the high-heel pose was lost, and the (solid) shoes are now bent straight. I see that shit all the time and sometimes it is enough to make me close the game.

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes