VN Ren'Py Abandoned Splintered Path [v0.1] [IcingZero]

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
Hi all. I'm the developer of this game. The save bug should be gone (IT BETTER!).

Does forcing it into 1280 X 720 bother you? I wanted to force it wide so I could control the Visual Novel parts of the game.
thanks god the save bug got fixed, and by the way, for me is fine if you try to force it to 1280x720, im pretty sure most of the pc´s here can handle that. pretty sure that not many will be affected by your decision.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
This game definitely needs to have some guidances. I turned on lamps, walked around water, went to some space where get message "sense smell of danger, bla bla bla". Ranger is unusable...Wht to do next?

BKKK

Jun 6, 2017
I tried this game yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised, story was well written and the English was to a high standard, with a couple of exceptions, unlike some games here. One possible buglet was one of the lamps in the "new" area (follow the doggie) did not want to light but made a odd sound when clicked, was this by design?

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Pretty damn good start to a game. Nice to see decently written English, pretty rare in most of these games. Admittedly it does get a bit long-winded at times, but I can forgive that since it's mainly setting up the entire story.

For a first quest, the torch lighting seemed a bit obnoxious, there were so many and some are a bit hidden. I would suggest maybe cutting the number down, or at least keep them along the path where they make sense. A single torch in a tiny clearing accessible only by a single hidden path seems kind of silly.

Interested to see where this game goes and how quickly it progress.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I tried this out based on the earlier comments, even though I don't general;ly like RPGM games. I found the story generally very good, especially the way the author reveals new layers of story just as the player thinks he or she has a handle on what is happening. Graphics are attractive. Maps looked very good, and the layout was sensible.

However, RPGM combats sucks. Hard. And there seemed a lot of it in this demo. Every time the MC turned around on the maps where encounters were possible, it seemed, up popped a new batch of meaningless hornets, and I had to click, click, click my way tediously through the combats (though as the character leveled up, this become less tedious). There is absolutely no reason to have RPGM combat in a game. It adds nothing, and detracts quite a bit. If one is going to make combat a feature, use a different combat system. In a game like this, though, there isn't any reason for combat. The MC is a lover, not a fighter.

In short, I liked the writing and story a lot. I thought the visuals were serviceable at the least, and attractive at the best. The combat was an unwelcome and unfun distraction. I look forward to seeing more of this game and especially to see how the story unfolds.

Pugiron

Feb 11, 2018
The first mission is crap. I went from 1st to 4th level having the same fight every two steps trying to find which tree some stable genius hid the last lamp

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Checked back in on this one since it's a good start but hadn't heard anything for awhile. Patreon has a post from March 20th "Soon", of course with these games it's Soon™. Hopefully we'll see some good progress since it's been a few months since last update.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well at last a bit of news. I'm glad to see he hasn't given up since he has a good start (obvious problems with the combat and starting quest aside.) Hopefully he's added some good stuff, and perhaps tuned the older.

Reactions: DrackDrap

abao

Mar 20, 2018
I got all 15 of the lanterns I can find in the first dreamscape, and is still stuck. That ranger guy said I only lit 7 out of 17.

anschwww

May 10, 2017
Version: 0.1 -
0.1 Changelog

The game has been completely redone in a new engine. Changed to Ren'py. The core of the interface is built and now we are starting the story from the midway point. The previously release content will be in the game (adding it now) but the game will be advanced from a new point going forward. This is just a tease release. Not a ton of content, but it will let you know what we're doing.

Reactions: ponyguy and UncleVT

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Glad to see IcingZero finally get the restart released. Not much there at the moment, but at least something has come out. I enjoyed the beginning of its first incarnation, so hopefully that content will get worked back in pretty quickly since it's already been rendered and all of that.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Glad to see the switch to ren'py, but the whole Kelt thing has been done before...

This demo didn't have nearly the story interest the first version had. Two people sitting in a room and talking about boring stuff isn't very exciting, and the dream bit was slightly amusing but then disappointing. I'd recommend that you steer clear of micro releases. They show how technically talented you are, but leave the customer wondering why there's no "there" there.

Good luck with this, in any case. I really loved the story you were telling in the first release, with all the twists and whatnot.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Personally, I wouldn't categorise sex with a Centaur as being beastiality.

Centaurs being sentient beings and everything, It'd just be sex. At least, as far as I am concerned.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
It's MV enigma packed or however is called. Unpacked size is 21.6 Gb.
HOOOLLY MOLLLY FREAKY SPAGHETTY !!!

21Gb :O

i bet i can say "god bless renpy" ... unless its same or worse size on renpy :/