RPGM Abandoned Spooky Milk Farm [v0.02] [MangoMango & Studio Gingko]

Mar 13, 2018
another one of those dev , hmm im stuck i dont know what to put in the next update

oh i know lets make a new game! cs apparently fresh idea is so much easier to make
rather than continuing the story that has been made

cs its not imo doesnt make sense

Reactions: james cross

Minipax84

Sep 26, 2017
I've been out the loop for a while, so I'm honestly happy to hear the devs are taking the time now to switch to an easier engine, rather than halfway through the project. Milftoon Drama is an example of how too big ambitions will just leave you with a worse game. Choose your battles etc

djgoletal

Jul 25, 2017
Wait, so RPMaker is a bugged engine and they needed to port their previous incomplete game to Unity and in the meantime they are making another game... in RPGMaker?!?

Let me guess: in the future they will need to port this one too? Seems strange if you ask me.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I did read them. It still doesn't make me feel like it will finish if they can''t even get their coders to do their work, lol.
have you heard of comission.... It is likely not "their" coder, but a coder. has happened to other devs where they had to get a new coder and such, or learn to code themselves. Like how people commission artists.

A similar case happened with "In our appartment" dev's previous game "the couch". A shame too it was a neat game.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Wait, so RPMaker is a bugged engine and they needed to port their previous incomplete game to Unity and in the meantime they are making another game... in RPGMaker?!?

Let me guess: in the future they will need to port this one too? Seems strange if you ask me.
No... their previous game was made with a different software, labeled as "[others]" in this Forum (not sure which one they used).
RPGM might not be perfect but it's not buggy by nature.
Just Follow the Link from the OP (Other Game) if you are interested in the Details

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017

As someone else mentions, Spooky Milk Life is not made in RPGMaker, but in another dev engine.
That engine is Game Maker Studio.

This gives the dev another issue, because you cannot legally use Game Maker for games with sexually explicit content (I would personally contest that because as long as it's legal, I don't think you can actually legally limit the use to non-xxx).

That said, RPGmaker is a shitty choice for a game in 2021 too. The easiest dev tool is Unity.
I know a lot of people hate it, but that's because nobody in here really uses it to it's full potential (except perhaps House Party).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Yamemai

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Uhm... how the hell do you gain access to the animals???

EDIT: OK, you just put food in the trough. Then, for magical reasons, the sheep appears.

With her, an error appears: Failed to load: img/pictures/sheep_standing_#.png (where # is any number up to 4).
There is only ONE encrypted png in the pictures folder, sheep_standing_1.rpgmvp.

So you can fix it by copying that to img/pictures/sheep_standing_2.rpgmvp and so on... but it's still an error.

To help others, you will have to buy food every day. This game is incredibly buggy and shouldn't have been released, even as a tech demo.
You have to feed the sheeba three times on different days to earn a four frame pixel animation. Decide for yourself if it's worth it. I would wait maybe a couple of months.

Last edited:

user500

Jul 6, 2018
Ok I get moving to a new engine and all that, but I think it's a huge red flag that they went and made a second patreon for this game. Have they talked about removing one if something doesn't work out, or do they just demand that the fans pay for both pages to be an active roll in both game and plan to keep it that way?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Wait, what? Seems like the theme completely changes.
No, it's a different game.

Ok I get moving to a new engine and all that, but I think it's a huge red flag that they went and made a second patreon for this game. Have they talked about removing one if something doesn't work out, or do they just demand that the fans pay for both pages to be an active roll in both game and plan to keep it that way?
It's a smart move, money wise...