Unity Completed SpunkStock: Music Festival [v1.0] [Regulus]

4.70 star(s) 33 Votes

Fikwriter

Dec 5, 2017
This game is very well made and quite polished. While I found the difficulty to be fair (except for one moment), I can see that it's balanced to both sucky players (like me, who avoided double and ghost like fire) and experts (who probably didn't find it challenging at all). Still, there are moments that make this game infuriating to play, for no good reason at all.

First, I don't understand why drinks are randomized. Having to do an extra fight, just to reset the drinks, realize they are not the ones you need and repeat - that's just time sink, for no good reason. You could've made refreshes paid, or straight up raise the price of the drinks and made the whole roster available at any time. Otherwise getting drinks you want is a chore.

Second, retrying a battle should RETURN you to the state before the battle. Namely, it should REFUND all the bonus rerolls during the fight. Otherwise, what's the point of retry at all? Losing the battle is more beneficial, since it also allows you to try for better drinks.

Third, and that's where my hate for the game lies - the Yu & Mei fight is infuriating. This is the best song in the game for me (honest praise, all music is good here, but this one is a fav), but the rhythm has to be off. No other song made me "Hit" instead of "Perfect" seemingly out of nowhere. The switch between two lines is also too flickery for me, I twitch and lose all sense of pace, meaning it's only possible to do with long intermissions, which exist, but they're too far in between. This song, and Ruth's, for my opinion, have too fast of a pace in notes, causing some real carpal tunnel action, making it even more infuriating to get a "hit" 10 notes before the end.

I think all these things are fair criticism and it's possible to make game less of a chore by fixing at least 1 and 2. Yu & Mei is a great fight after all, just for me it's a place of pain.

Reactions: Ughwhy

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
This game is very well made and quite polished. While I found the difficulty to be fair (except for one moment), I can see that it's balanced to both sucky players (like me, who avoided double and ghost like fire) and experts (who probably didn't find it challenging at all). Still, there are moments that make this game infuriating to play, for no good reason at all.

First, I don't understand why drinks are randomized. Having to do an extra fight, just to reset the drinks, realize they are not the ones you need and repeat - that's just time sink, for no good reason. You could've made refreshes paid, or straight up raise the price of the drinks and made the whole roster available at any time. Otherwise getting drinks you want is a chore.

Second, retrying a battle should RETURN you to the state before the battle. Namely, it should REFUND all the bonus rerolls during the fight. Otherwise, what's the point of retry at all? Losing the battle is more beneficial, since it also allows you to try for better drinks.

Third, and that's where my hate for the game lies - the Yu & Mei fight is infuriating. This is the best song in the game for me (honest praise, all music is good here, but this one is a fav), but the rhythm has to be off. No other song made me "Hit" instead of "Perfect" seemingly out of nowhere. The switch between two lines is also too flickery for me, I twitch and lose all sense of pace, meaning it's only possible to do with long intermissions, which exist, but they're too far in between. This song, and Ruth's, for my opinion, have too fast of a pace in notes, causing some real carpal tunnel action, making it even more infuriating to get a "hit" 10 notes before the end.

I think all these things are fair criticism and it's possible to make game less of a chore by fixing at least 1 and 2. Yu & Mei is a great fight after all, just for me it's a place of pain.
I get the impression that drinks are randomized to discourage players from overly relying on them. Similarly, randomized modifiers would be pointless if you can get refunds on your reroll. These things are there as a minor assistance. You're supposed to adapt to what's being thrown at you, not reroll/restart until the stars align. The game isn't that hard that you need to do this regularly.

If you're struggling on hits, stack glass. If your pace gets thrown off easily like myself, use mines. I find it easier to go through longer rounds with mines than without.

Fikwriter

Dec 5, 2017
I get the impression that drinks are randomized to discourage players from overly relying on them. Similarly, randomized modifiers would be pointless if you can get refunds on your reroll. These things are there as a minor assistance. You're supposed to adapt to what's being thrown at you, not reroll/restart until the stars align. The game isn't that hard that you need to do this regularly.

If you're struggling on hits, stack glass. If your pace gets thrown off easily like myself, use mines. I find it easier to go through longer rounds with mines than without.
Absolutely agree on the mines argument, but mines are unavailable for the Yu & Mei fight :D And getting glass in this one is also an extra step, which prolongs the song and gives you more chances to lose.

That said, I do also agree that there's a reason for drinks randomization, but to be completely fair, players who have good rhythm are not going to rely on them in the first place. I consider my rhythm to be full garbage, and even I managed to SS the entire game, mostly without drinks. My point is that drinks and no refund on retries create more challenge and needless chore for players who are BAD, but still want to experience the satisfaction of hitting SS.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Absolutely agree on the mines argument, but mines are unavailable for the Yu & Mei fight :D And getting glass in this one is also an extra step, which prolongs the song and gives you more chances to lose.

That said, I do also agree that there's a reason for drinks randomization, but to be completely fair, players who have good rhythm are not going to rely on them in the first place. I consider my rhythm to be full garbage, and even I managed to SS the entire game, mostly without drinks. My point is that drinks and no refund on retries create more challenge and needless chore for players who are BAD, but still want to experience the satisfaction of hitting SS.
I'm terrible at rhythm games too, but I don't think I relied that much on rerolls. As long as it wasn't some bullshit gold modifier like Double, it was doable. Like I get what you're trying to say, but there's no perfect solution to making a game both accessible and enjoyable to a large target audience. A better alternative would be an easy mode with slightly larger Perfect windows rather than refunding the cost of rerolls with no regards to rebalancing.

kazazaky

Mar 30, 2018
IDK why its getting lagged after this v 1 update ,i barely timing it ,its just skip over and i miss the beat while lagging ,gonna buy new pc lmao

Oct 13, 2022
SpunkStock: Music Festival
Ending Tree - 1st Part
(All possible endings & bands of partnership + sequences)
After defeating Samga 3 a ridiculous number of times that I prefer not to count o_O. I bring you a collection of all the ending/epilogue cards that the game offers, plus the partnership dialogues that each girl has. And although it may not seem like it, this game is more choosing-rich than it appears, because there are not only 15 partnership finals + Samga variations. In my search I have found +55 endings cards with descriptions that are unique enough from each other.
That said, some things and terms to clarify:

• This game is very confusing when it comes to finding all its possible routes, so I don't rule out having omitted an ending without realizing it.
  • Obviously there are more than 55 endings, but I omit all those that are substantially the same with minimal variations in its composition (example, a base ending without pregnancy).
  • All the endings shown here are as far as possible the Pregnant variation, since the game it's about from spreading your seed at the festival, showing seedless endings it just results in redundant and more incomplete cards as I said above, if in an ending a girl isn't pregnant, it's because the presence of that event precisely prevents it from happening.
  • There are 3 predominant patterns in the endings of this game:
    - When you usually fuck the chick the first time only and your interaction with her is anecdotal. The Base Ending.
    - When in addition to the said before, you achieve Endurance Mode or its equivalent, The Pregnant Ending.
    - When at the end you choose to give the girl the Band of Partnership, an purchasable item for 10 SS ranks, for this it's not mandatory to impregnate them, Samga is the only one who gets your seed no matter what, which leads us to, The Partnership Ending.
  • There are special endings that fit into the previous 3 patterns but that are associated or overlap with sub-Hscenes or special situations of each character, the name that I give to each situation is based on the documents of the protagonist's tent, they aren't arbitrary names invented by me.
  • Many times the endings replace others and are irreversible, which is why it is so confusing to discover them all, so if you passed the game to 100%, it's mandatory to start over.
Decision Tree
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Samga Endings:
Pica Endings:
Toto Endings:
Yoni Endings:
Cali Endings:
Faye Endings:
Ruth Endings:
Boba Endings:
Mei Endings:
Due to pic limit, the rest will be in the next post...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022
Ending Tree - 2nd Part

Yu Endings:
Fufu Endings:
Ayra Endings:
Secret Endings:
Eran Endings:
Nammi Endings:
I've made this for everyone who has enjoyed and finished this great game, but whose curiosity to see all the endings is frustrated by the iron wall of grinding that it takes to see it. All without having to start multiple game slots and dedicate hours of beating Samga, as well as myself wouldn't have liked to have to.
I hope you enjoy :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Ending Tree - 2nd Part

I've made this for everyone who has enjoyed and finished this great game, but whose curiosity to see all the endings is frustrated by the iron wall of grinding that it takes to see it. All without having to start multiple game slots and dedicate hours of beating Samga, as well as myself wouldn't have liked to have to.
I hope you enjoy :giggle::coffee:
I want you to know this is probably one of the most heartwarming things to see. Thanks so much for making this. This must have taken so much time. I'll have to cross reference what I have next time I open up the project, and see if you actually got them all ;P. Actually amazing. There are a lot of endings that work on a "priority" system. If a character is "occupied", then another character may be forced to default to an ending that doesn't involve them. I do remember writing a couple endings I know were going to be very rare cases.

I haven't posted here since launch, but I have been reading the thread. I do want to say thanks for everyone who played. The feedback has been overwhelming. To see people still taking that step buying the game to show support means so much!

It's been an amazing journey and both the negative and positive feedback here helped me make the game in to what it is.

Ecl1p5e

Nov 30, 2018
FUCK, did this SS on my third try. I think I sweated all over my mouse from the intensity.

SpunkStock_Music_Festival_haLqhq7tuK.png SpunkStock_Music_Festival_MWdBu0vE9p.png

Great game, tho. I do however want to say that if you have the entire game screen blackened, Samga2 gives you a handicap in which you're not able to properly gauge when to "Hit it deep" since the visual aid also vanishes. So there's that I guess. Also 'Right Click' during the Haunted Halls minigame to use the Adrenaline Boost doesn't seem to work for me.

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
FUCK, did this SS on my third try. I think I sweated all over my mouse from the intensity.

View attachment 2446060 View attachment 2446061

Great game, tho. I do however want to say that if you have the entire game screen blackened, Samga2 gives you a handicap in which you're not able to properly gauge when to "Hit it deep" since the visual aid also vanishes. So there's that I guess. Also 'Right Click' during the Haunted Halls minigame to use the Adrenaline Boost doesn't seem to work for me.
"Sweat", yeah, sure...

4.70 star(s) 33 Votes