SS Off-topic/Argument Thread

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Alright.

I created this thread to allow anyone in the Summertime Saga thread that wants to argue about DC's Patreon earning (mainly), and anything else that is completely off-topic to do so here.

Here, you'll have as much "free speech" as you want, as long as it complies with the rules of the site.

Have at it.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Who's DC and why should I care about his/her patreon earnings?

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Who's DC and why should I care about his/her patreon earnings?
DC = DarkCookie, creator of the game

That's what I thought. But, people in the SS thread decide that it's going to be argued about.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Well, this bastard makes >30 grand per month which makes it kind of special and we all know people like to gossip, but it's not really that important though.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I just saw this on Graphtreon a few moments ago, I mean fair enough about the earnings but what on earth caused that spike in the last week? Money laundering scheme? Why the sudden influx of 1400 patreons in a week compared to the previews trend? 2000 if you count post monthly dip. They haven't even released yet! Congratulations to DC for his enormous success though! Looking forward to seeing the new content when it hits. It's been long due!

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'll never understand those who get really mad because of a few weeks. In the end all that matters is that DC is drawing. As long as he does that full time the game will be fine and everything else is basically a nuance in the long term. Now that money shouldn't be the main issue anymore they should indeed fix long lasting issues like the savegame compatability, ingame gallery etc. (all of which they are finally working on) and after that there's not much more that additional money could buy. He can't and obviously won't draw twice as fast just because he get's twice as much money.

Else it's not like DC is begging for more money (the last real goal was set at 25k and there hasn't been a new one since) but if people are happy to give it to him that's fine from my side. I do understand that he's hesitating to hire other artists since that's bascially the core of the game and should be handled very carefully if we want to avoid any kind of inconsistency, which in my opinion would be the worst thing that could happen. I'd rather wait quite a bit longer and get a product that I like than something rushed at a lower standard.

Reactions: Catwashere
Jan 28, 2018
I think what made people really angry is that when people where asking when the update's comng out DC kept saying "soon". and eventually posted in the Discord an image making fun of the fans and backers basically saying that they'd just keep saying soon and the fans would believe it.

Sure, it was a shitpost, a joke, but it was certainly poorly timed and it's never cool to make fun of your fans like that.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Alright.

I created this thread to allow anyone in the Summertime Saga thread that wants to argue about DC's Patreon earning (mainly), and anything else that is completely off-topic to do so here.

Here, you'll have as much "free speech" as you want, as long as it complies with the rules of the site.

Have at it.
Here's my personal opinion on that, again, as it's an opinion, take it for what it's worth, and only with the appropriate amount of salt

I'm having a feeling it's not "his earnings" that have been/are being talked about in the discussion thread, but the way that DC handled things in relation to the amount of cash he's gaining. As the developer is obviously an important factor of the entire thing in development (duh), I guess it's fair to point out that, despite the money that he recieves on a monthly basis, the community would see a bit more of a professional approach. If I recall correctly, someone in the mainthread pointed out that the work could be handled simultaneously, instead of consecutively (since I have no insight into the actual development cycle, I can neither agree nor disagree, but hey, it's a fair point)

Other than that, again, the behaviour recently was more or less just a straight up dickmove. Not only do you just out of the blue drop a "soon"-release date, creating hype in doing so, since this is a huge project with a big update incoming what we're talking about, and then? Nothing. People wait for a week, and instead of giving a reason on patreon as to why this is the case, not only do you have to refer to other media (discord/twitter) to find out about things, but instead he also has enough time to drop a shitpost about the release date. An absurd move, goodwill is something important for a developer with an open community, that's NOT how you earn it. It may be ironical, it may be a throwaway move, but that doesn't refrain people from the internet to take it the wrong way. It's nice to see that he is willing to release all ports simultaneously, but I'm fairly sure the android port (there was apparently something about the save-feature that required fixing on android) for this game is something that could be left behind, if it were to speed up the release process of the other ports. Though I have again, no insight as to how big of an asset the android port is in terms of the game's download, I'm gonna assume that the android port is not the main port of this. could just as well be that android is the main downloaded feature of this, who knows?

EDIT: Besides, shouldn't this thread be moved into the "summertime saga" forum, since it's directly related to the game? despite it being an off-topic post about the game?

EDIT 2: And on another side note.. seems like the discussion thread currently is under heavy nuking, holy fuck. And there I was yesterday, talking down nukings. Sure, their comments are getting more and more rude by the day, but hell, atleast they could drop some warnings. Just wanted to point that situation out there, since hey, this is an offtopic forum. Though to be fair, that one dude there is just asking for it at this point :p

EDIT 3: Well, so much for understanding, or warning on that matter, as the thread just got straight-up nuked

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I'll venture that the mods hid the thread for the time being as they got more and more crap from it.

It wouldn't surprise me if it comes back after the release to great fanfare and other things as people figure out bugs and such.

Reactions: newold23
Jan 28, 2018
I'll venture that the mods hid the thread for the time being as they got more and more crap from it.

It wouldn't surprise me if it comes back after the release to great fanfare and other things as people figure out bugs and such.

Doing that will only probably get them more crap, honestly. Bad move. The thread was a containment zone, and they burst it open. GG, mods.

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017

Easier to delete thread until after release than spending all day dealing with whiny teenagers who can't seem to find one of the million other options to jack off to on the internet.

We've got more important stuff to do like post trap gifs and call each other lazy cunts.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
I didn't play the game probably more than a year, I'm waiting for Roxxy update. I only tried to contrargue stupid statement: "you don't have don't right to criticise DC, until he is sending money to ISIS".
I understand thread ban, since it is slighty off-topic, but come on you people could at least send me flowers or something. Like a message.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Easier to delete thread until after release than spending all day dealing with whiny teenagers who can't seem to find one of the million other options to jack off to on the internet.

We've got more important stuff to do like post trap gifs and call each other lazy cunts.
what else could be more important than posting trap gifs?

But really, that may or may not have kicked off something there, hiding/deleting a thread could easily cause a backlash, especially considering how heated the community is now. Sure, people will cool down, people will enjoy the update (granted that it's not broken), but damn.

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well that certainly brought life to this thread. This thread has been here for hours and people still kept posting OT stuff in the other thread. OT why? Because it was a game discussion. Just as this thread main post says, feel free to post whatever here. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: llong0415 and F95