[Stable Diffusion] Prompt Sharing and Learning Thread

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Each individual word was in English, but I have no idea what you are saying here! :)
I was only joking a bit. Instead of saying Twitter I said Bleeter that is the name in GTA V and Life Invader is Facebook..:LOL:
It wasn't my intention to confuse people or make poor seph worry that someone was copying his content.:giggle:

Angel Fox.png

• Love
Reactions: Sepheyer

me3

Dec 31, 2016
I agree with most of what me3 said and he's on point about the prompt. However I have to strongly disagree that hiresfix is only increasing the canvas size.
This is simply not true. The point of hiresfix and what makes it superior to normal upscaling with extra tab or img2img is that it is part of the generative process and adds new pixels to the image while normal upscaling can't invent pixels that are not already there, so normal upscaling only increase the canvas size but hiresfix actually increase the image quality.
There's an add-on that's on my to do list to try out that is called that is supposedly increasing the actual image quality just like hiresfix does and it has sliders and settings for color and maybe light etc. I have not tried it yet so I can't comment how it stacks up against hiresfix or if it could be a compliment. It is for img2img tab so you need to generate an image first so you might as well use hiresfix for this and then use Loopback Scaler to increase the visuals even further. I will have to test and see if it can be used successfully this way.
you're misunderstanding what i meant and poorly explained in terms of trying to keep it simple.
I meant canvas in the sense of area you have available to draw/put the image in, and that it wouldn't just blindly "redraw" the same image using more pixles.
Why i said it had to be filled with "something". If you stick within the bounds of its drawing "attention", highres will mostly increase canvas and image in a matching way, but if you go beyond that, canvas will keep increasing but the image won't instead addition new "images" will be placed along side within the new canvas (sticking with poor explanations)

(Not tested or looked into this in any way, but wouldn't surprise me if the highres works on a similar logic to how outpainting does as both are using the original prompt (outpaint can use and edited one as well though) to fill in the expanded area. Anyway irrelevant side note in this...)

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
you're misunderstanding what i meant and poorly explained in terms of trying to keep it simple.
I meant canvas in the sense of area you have available to draw/put the image in, and that it wouldn't just blindly "redraw" the same image using more pixles.
Why i said it had to be filled with "something". If you stick within the bounds of its drawing "attention", highres will mostly increase canvas and image in a matching way, but if you go beyond that, canvas will keep increasing but the image won't instead addition new "images" will be placed along side within the new canvas (sticking with poor explanations)

(Not tested or looked into this in any way, but wouldn't surprise me if the highres works on a similar logic to how outpainting does as both are using the original prompt (outpaint can use and edited one as well though) to fill in the expanded area. Anyway irrelevant side note in this...)
My point was only that hiresfix is generating new pixels that ads to the image and increase the image quality and not only increase the image size, while normal upscaling in extra tab or img2img can't invent or generate new pixels that is not already in the source image so it doesn't increase the image quality, only the size. This is why hiresfix is superior to normal upscaling. Normal upscaling doesn't make the image sharper or ads more detail but hiresfix does by generating new pixels. I hope I explained it clearly. :)

devilkkw

Mar 17, 2021
Guy's i had strange issue maybe someone can help me.
Updated Nvidia driver to 535.98 and strange problem come:
showing image take about 40 sec, generation is faster but pushing in view is really slow.
Before update driver all process was done in about 11 sec. but now generation take 10 sec to reach 100% and 40 sec to show.

I don't have change anything, only driver.

Also checked now i'm able to generate image at high res without going on cuda error, and as strange seem pytorch memory is variable:

before driver update pytorch max was about 6Gb, and never change.( max resolution before getting out of cuda was 1152x896, result in 11 sec)
after driver update i reach 12Gb, but it change seem based on resolution of image i set.(i reach 1920x 1260, not cuda error, result in 3 min, where 35 sec is generation, and rest of time is for pushing in viewer)

Can someone have done some test on last driver? have you same issue?

Reactions: Mr-Fox and Sepheyer

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
I need some help. I want high quality picture. 512x512 every picture comes alright. But the picure is small and quality is shit as shown below.

View attachment 2664469 View attachment 2664505

Then i send it to extras to upscale it to 2048x2048. It comes bigger but the quality is still shit. When i put size 1920 x 1080 this happens. View attachment 2664525
They are all beautiful but i just want one girl in the picture. Hires.fix does not help or i dont know how to use it.
I think she is cute and you did a very good job with your images, even if it's not the desired result. It only means that it's a WIP (work in progress). I agree with me3 though, that it's best to simplify the prompt and only add tokens as you need it while generating images and after each change and add things towards the end goal. With that being said, SD has some clear tendencies and it's very time consuming to create a prompt from scratch so it's very understandable that people tend to reuse parts of their prompt such as the typical negatives that is so common.

I did some testing myself and have reworked the prompt a little but not too much. I was trying to force a whole body shot by adding weight to "high heels" but SD had other ideas.. Well played is all I can say..:LOL:

00015-925732028.png
Also, apparently while streaking in a museum it's best to take off those noisy heels..:ROFLMAO:

me3

Dec 31, 2016
showing image take about 40 sec, generation is faster but pushing in view is really slow.
Before update driver all process was done in about 11 sec. but now generation take 10 sec to reach 100% and 40 sec to show.

Also checked now i'm able to generate image at high res without going on cuda error, and as strange seem pytorch memory is variable:

before driver update pytorch max was about 6Gb, and never change.( max resolution before getting out of cuda was 1152x896, result in 11 sec)
after driver update i reach 12Gb, but it change seem based on resolution of image i set.(i reach 1920x 1260, not cuda error, result in 3 min, where 35 sec is generation, and rest of time is for pushing in viewer)

If you got 12gb vram you should have been able to generate much larger images than that before. I could create images adding up to 2k (width+height) on 6gb, can get to almost 1,5k on just 2gb.
Something must have kept you from using all the vram before

Reactions: Sepheyer and Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020

It doesn't sound as an issue but rather a positive if you can reach higher resolution..:D You are talking about seconds while some people sitting here and having to wait 30 minutes...:oops: What you say is "pushing into view" is probably only the hires steps finishing. If you can reach a higher resolution it will of course take longer and it will require more vram.
If everything is working and you get nice images I would just let it be. It wasn't clear to me what you perceive as an issue.
Just my opinion.;)

Reactions: Sepheyer

me3

Dec 31, 2016
I think she is cute and you did a very good job with your images, even if it's not the desired result. It only means that it's a WIP (work in progress). I agree with me3 though, that it's best to simplify the prompt and only add tokens as you need it while generating images and after each change and add things towards the end goal. With that being said, SD has some clear tendencies and it's very time consuming to create a prompt from scratch so it's very understandable that people tend to reuse parts of their prompt such as the typical negatives that is so common.

I did some testing myself and have reworked the prompt a little but not too much. I was trying to force a whole body shot by adding weight to "high heels" but SD had other ideas.. Well played is all I can say..:LOL:

View attachment 2665572
Also, apparently while streaking in a museum it's best to take off those noisy heels..:ROFLMAO:
Could try to delay when she's added to the image[what:when], with mention of shoes you have a "head to toe" prompt so might work. Has a habit of cutting off at the knees though and it might push her too much into the picture so we get that very nice facial mutilation that's all to common :(

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Could try to delay when she's added to the image[what:when], with mention of shoes you have a "head to toe" prompt so might work. Has a habit of cutting off at the knees though and it might push her too much into the picture so we get that very nice facial mutilation that's all to common :(
Very good idea. :)(y) I'll leave that to ronimikael to figure out though as it's his project. I hope that we all have given him the guidance he was looking for. I gotta say I love how awesome and responsive this thread has become. Everyone is being very helpful and has good tip's and ideas.

Reactions: Jimwalrus and me3

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Very good idea. :)(y) I'll leave that to ronimikael to figure out though as it's his project. I hope that we all have given him the guidance he was looking for. I gotta say I love how awesome and responsive this thread has become. Everyone is being very helpful and has good tip's and ideas.
To put a stop all the helpfulness...
As i was cleaning out old images, this one popped out 00000-562254041-.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(edited for prompt, forgot it was an upscale)

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
For those wondering how the time is taken up when generating, keep an eye on the cmd window where the Python scripts are actually running - that will let you know how many steps you are through the process, how long each step is taking etc.
Also helps you to make the decision whether or not to skip / interrupt a mediocre image / batch, or just let it finish.

Reactions: Mr-Fox and Sepheyer

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
For those wondering how the time is taken up when generating, keep an eye on the cmd window where the Python scripts are actually running - that will let you know how many steps you are through the process, how long each step is taking etc.
Also helps you to make the decision whether or not to skip / interrupt a mediocre image / batch, or just let it finish.
Yes, most of the time I look more on it rather than the progressbar. Exactly this. Since I have an old weakish card I often interrupt the generation when it's clear SD messed it up.
Sooo many promissing images that get's fukked up by SD in the last minutes..:cautious:

Halmes

May 22, 2017
And this is something I seem to keep pointing out - people aren't 1:1 aspect ratio. If you're wanting a standing person, set your initial image size as 512 pixels width and go for a height that's some multiple of 64 pixels above that.
Try 512x960, upscaled by x2 (to 1024x1920), 40 hires steps, denoising of 0.2.
Please post your results, she's very nice!
This is what i got with these settings. Background and hair changed.
00004-925732026.png Näyttökuva (5).png

Denoising strenght 0.2
00005-925732026.png