Kayfabe Octopus

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2024
The game is interesting, but the idea of changing the font size so often is not a good one.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll take it into account for next release. My intention was to convey differences in volume the characters would be talking in but I overdid a tad + didn't take into account character's thoughts.

DarklingSun

Dec 1, 2022
I really hate that tiny writings. i started the game and it just made no fun try to read the text. it is okay to change the size. But to make it that tiny is no fun at all. I certainly don't enjoy sitting in front of the monitor with a magnifying glass ( I am playing the Linux Version on Linux Mint)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kayfabe Octopus

Kayfabe Octopus

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2024
I really hate that tiny writings. i started the game and it just made no fun try to read the text. it is okay to change the size. But to make it that tiny is no fun at all. I certainly don't enjoy sitting in front of the monitor with a magnifying glass ( I am playing the Linux Version on Linux Mint)
Sorry about that! I just increased the font size of certain sections on the version today alongside the android fix but if it isn't large enough yet I'll put that on the to do list for the next fix.

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
I have bad vision and dyslexia, so I like it when games let me adjust the text (android ports). Keeping fonts and colors consistent are also a huge help. I'm not sure if varying the font throughout will make it harder to add the accessibility options. Just something you may want to consider because there are some games that I can't play, or are just not worth the trouble.

I should say that I need to wait until I can download the new Android port to play, so I'm just going by what others are saying and experience with other games.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
It's a bit rough around the edges, but here's a walkthrough, just copy the Episode1.rpy into your game folder (it's based on the fixed version on itch). I tested it and it should work, fingers crossed.
Stylistically, it primarily shows the changes to flags and variables that I assume are important, there's one recommendation though (which leads to a lot of exposition).

I'm also uploading a small python utility I wrote:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Kayfabe Octopus

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2024
I have bad vision and dyslexia, so I like it when games let me adjust the text (android ports). Keeping fonts and colors consistent are also a huge help. I'm not sure if varying the font throughout will make it harder to add the accessibility options. Just something you may want to consider because there are some games that I can't play, or are just not worth the trouble.

I should say that I need to wait until I can download the new Android port to play, so I'm just going by what others are saying and experience with other games.
That's really helpful advice, I'll look into creating a slider in the options menu that'll let you change the text size.

EDIT: I've now uploaded a new version of the game on with sliders for dialogue text size and dialogue box transparency!

Last edited:

Pgsurprise

Nov 27, 2022
That's really helpful advice, I'll look into creating a slider in the options menu that'll let you change the text size.

EDIT: I've now uploaded a new version of the game on with sliders for dialogue text size and dialogue box transparency!
That's great, thank you! I'll check it out on the next update.

I started playing it last night, and it looks like it has potential. Well done.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes