Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
Ah. Gotcha. Now it makes PERFECT sense. VoidPilgrim should continue a Read Only Memory game, named A Failure To Launch. A game that is someone else’s property. A game he has no assets to. Instead of focusing on his own game. Perfectly reasonable suggestion! :Kappa:
Yep, totally reasonable suggestion to take over a game that was Failure To Launch :Kappa:

Nov 23, 2017
I think he's trying to ask to VoidPilgrim to take the development of this game, A Failure To Launch, that was abandoned by his dev some weeks(or would be months? Dunno) ago, but could be something else, his engrish is beyond rusty.
Also, dunno what tf the ''ROM'' stands for.
View attachment 2978722
Lol, thank you for explaining my friend. I haven't played that game, but from the looks of it, Star Periphery has better renders and character models IMO.
I'm fine with VP continuing his own game.

Reactions: Facilus

Kurtak

Sep 30, 2017
This conversation is more sci-fi than SP itself, I dont wanna be mean but cmon, just think for a sec, u dont have any of the assets, code or anything, Voids already putting almost all of his free time into developing his own game and has a clear view of how he wants his game to be, Failure to Launch is a completely different game with the only similarity being futa on male/femdom. Noone can just take over a project like that u would have to start from scratch.

Last edited:

PickleSteve

Sep 9, 2022
Well said, Kurtak. As much as I like the setting of that game (AFtL) and would like to see it continue and be completed, I would not want it to come to the detriment of this game. VoidPilgrim has explained he has the story planned out and we're only just starting the journey, and I am excited to see where it will go. I've seen what making multiple games can do to the schedule of new versions coming out, and I think it's generally not a good idea.

If this game is completed, and at that time there would not be anything around of similar quality to follow it... then it would be something to maybe look into, but as you say: it sounds nice, but the reality of code, assets and other stuff that needs to be sorted make this more of a fantasy than it seems at first glance.

Btw, from what I understand the dev from AFtL comes from a country that is currently being invaded by a neighbouring state and I can imagine that has to factor into the dev cycle and the current (appearant) abandonment. I still hope the dev returns to continue his game, however small that chance may be.

VoidPilgrim

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2020
I don't know how busy you are, but with the card, you can continue this ROM game. It's a great game with a good story line, but it's a shame that it was abandoned. A Failure to Launch
Thank you kindly for the trust, but I'm afraid that I can't really imagine starting to work on another game. One, the time constraints. I already put pretty much all my free time (and a lot of company time too, since I often write for the game at work) into making SP, so there is simply no time left for another project. Two, it's not my game, it's not my setting, and it's not my characters. I can't imagine working on something I have no attachment to, something I am not passionate about. And then there are all those valid points Kurtak made.

This applies to any game, not just the one mentioned above. It is also why I don't do commissions and/or similar kind of custom work, by the way. Developing SP is not only taking all my free time, it is also my #1 priority. It is what people are supporting me for on Patreon/Substar, and I feel that suddenly dividing that limited time would be a bit dishonest.

Jul 6, 2021
I already put pretty much all my free time (and a lot of company time too, since I often write for the game at work) into making SP, so there is simply no time left for another project.
Do you plan to be self sustained just form SP or other game in the future when SP is done? do you plan to make this a full time gig or do you still want to keep your job for stability?

KurtisK2007

Apr 2, 2022
59 5* reviews, glad to see this game is still so damn popular! Told you it would be you god of a person :3 keep it up <3 looking forward to version 4

Reactions: VoidPilgrim

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Thank you kindly for the trust, but I'm afraid that I can't really imagine starting to work on another game. One, the time constraints. I already put pretty much all my free time (and a lot of company time too, since I often write for the game at work) into making SP, so there is simply no time left for another project. Two, it's not my game, it's not my setting, and it's not my characters. I can't imagine working on something I have no attachment to, something I am not passionate about. And then there are all those valid points Kurtak made.

This applies to any game, not just the one mentioned above. It is also why I don't do commissions and/or similar kind of custom work, by the way. Developing SP is not only taking all my free time, it is also my #1 priority. It is what people are supporting me for on Patreon/Substar, and I feel that suddenly dividing that limited time would be a bit dishonest.
Now listen here ya twat, you better not burnout from overwork, take a rest day once or twice a week or whenever you feel you need to.
Yes I would very much like to see more content for this game soon, but not at a cost of a burnout or a Dev being too stressed to keep up with the demand and the need to please his patrons and supporters, which is understandable but you need to take care of yourself first and foremost as well as other irl issues, the game comes later, your passion might burnout if you make this game your main and sole priority.

~a random fan

Apr 22, 2019
You have the patience of a saint.
Also, could I request that you write the ROM for an expansion for Baldru's Gate 3, please?
Nyl already released something regards that

Also the other game mentioned just got a single update, so what should VP continue? Seriously..it was an attempt and nothing else. Be happy just for the fact we've VP and this amazing game to enjoy.

I already put pretty much all my free time (and a lot of company time too, since I often write for the game at work)
Maybe your boss is also secretly following this thread ;)

Kurtak

Sep 30, 2017
Ok signs posts time, this thread doesn't have the signs button on OP yet, let's make one, drop any Star Periphery sign that you have and I'll gather them and credit who provided it, quote this post with the sign to make my life easier.

Example of sign post that I already had done:
https://f95zone.to/threads/warlock-and-boobs-v0-420-0-2-boobsgames.18692/post-6873009
Void made signatures already, they are on the discord, just gonna repost them here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 106 Votes