RPGM Completed Staying With Aunt Katie [v1.07] [Sid Valentine]

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
Where is the savegame folder?
for some reason this game has the save game folder on the root directory of my Game drive. the path is D:\\save NOT the usual [game name]\www\save for rpgm games.

I'd expect your saves are also in the root directory of the drive you have the game folder in.

IF you change the save folder location to the usual rpgm game folders, the game will not allow you to continue from saves.

Reactions: Yatoy and tossler

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
for some reason this game has the save game folder on the root directory of my Game drive. the path is D:\\save NOT the usual [game name]\www\save for rpgm games.

I'd expect your saves are also in the root directory of the drive you have the game folder in.

IF you change the save folder location to the usual rpgm game folders, the game will not allow you to continue from saves.
Ah, this explains why Wine can't create saves when playing on a Mac, because the Mac directory structure is different. And will probably make the game unusable in future versions as well. Jeezus.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
Ah, this explains why Wine can't create saves when playing on a Mac, because the Mac directory structure is different. And will probably make the game unusable in future versions as well. Jeezus.
On Linux is the same story. Damn, this game desperately needs a Ren'py port(n)

Reactions: FeelingBlue
Aug 11, 2017
I don't understand why so many devs still use RPGMaker - which was designed to create classic style RPGs - for Visual Novel or Life Sim games. It's like using a screwdriver for hammering nails when there's are perfectly good (and free) hammers lying around. It's not that adult games can't be made in RPGMaker, but I avoid games made with it because 9 times out of 10 the result is clunky, broken and makes what could be good games difficult to enjoy.

FeelingBlue

Aug 7, 2017
Aunt-nephew relationships are one of my favorite fetishes. And overall, I liked the game and it's concepts.
But Ren'Py would make the gameplay so much smooth.

Reactions: dE_VoYd

Yatoy

Apr 26, 2017

Thank you!!! Yes I have seen that folder!

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
I don't think it can be stressed enough (though Sid keeps stressing it - see OP at the top of this thread) this is still an early stage of a game under development.

If you know "Cohabitation", Sid is a developer of deliberate, gradual pace. Okay, say "slow" if you get exasperated playing, when for physiological/psychological reasons we maybe won't go into here, you need a perfect quick fix: "wham, bam, thank you, man!".

So comments on (say) repetitions leading nowhere, "glitches" (when in fact many/most parts of the game have not yet been developed), a lack of much content (so far) ... they sort of miss the essential point: Game in very early stage of development.

"But then what's he doing releasing v0.0x at all, until the game's mostly in place?", I hear someone cry. (Well, I made that up, but you know what I mean.)

Well, showing people Alpha, even pre-Alpha stages of projects is important commercially, to see if the ideas/concepts/imagery actually appeal to people ... before committing yourself as a developer to billions more hours of ... grind ... blindly, mistakenly developing a finished product that if you haven't checked all along the line, may have very few takers after all that slog.

And second, as Sid also makes apparent (see his Patreon, or most places he expresses an opinion), he's genuinely interested in honest, constructive criticism. Getting shot down in flames when you're only just starting doesn't necessarily come into that category. But if you have a fair view, a good developer generally has an ear for it, and it might help shape the project if it's good.

So, some highly provisional views.

1) I like the way the game sets out as a sort of parallel/companion piece to "Cohabitation". This time an older, more experienced, potentially exploitative female living with an inexperienced (if hormonally straining) younger lad.

Admittedly, Katie is no monster of predation, like Calvin. But she has her needs, & a tempting opportunity in front of her ... she's a puma and a half, it seems.

2) I'm not a great fan of atomic-bomb-styled boobs and Alaska-scale-promontory hips, or even collagen-gone-crazy lips.

There's a difference for me between Megan or Susan in that game, and Katie in this. Yes, there are some "anatomical mistakes" in 12-20 images in Cohabitation, ill-fitting/jutting proportions, joins and cutoffs in female body features, some of the face finishes, and some of the skin texturing, particularly in the earliest pics Sid did for that game. But the later images in that game, definitely the full-sex images, and best of all the images at the end of the game - I'd guess Sid spent a lot of time on the hottest images of the lot - show Meg hugely voluptuous, buxom, all the rest of it, but still a natural girl, not only shy, blushing, but sporting plausibly large dimensions.

For me, Katie goes a bit too wildly over the top/edge in that respect. She juts and lunges out everywhere. (And I don't mean in predatory puma leaps on to victims.) Maybe Sid means some humor, in pushing her body as well as her boy to breaking point!

That's just a personal view - others love their mushroom-cloud proportions.

But oh, for another Susan! I drew the contrast with Megan above. But Susan (Cohabitation) is the better comparison. An absolute Venus ideal of beauty too, full figured like Meg, full of character, still believably natural in her anatomy, physiology and personality traits as well as her impulses, recognizable work stresses and personal strains, her revulsion as a parent. A character who comes into full sexual bloom in the course of that game. True, she blossoms thanks to outright moral corruption (actually, she still cares for Megan in any version of the story and ending, so not altogether a "mom from hell" ... even if the spouse from hell, as far as dimwit Kev is concerned).

Oh, for another Susan!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Reaver

GateC.

Nov 21, 2018
JUST DOWNLOADED VER 0.08.3 AND still can't talk with Katie in kitchen at morning time.................and couldn't get through the first week-end...................i got an ERROR something message

U

User_1216807

Don't even bother downloading this crap. Full of bugs + lack of content

3.90 star(s) 16 Votes