Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Here is it how it works and as said above you have no coal.
Here you have coal in storage bin A and iron in B
View attachment 2618528
Then you select the what you want to make, the resources and in which storage bin/feed they are, resources which you can use for the current production are highlighted with a blue background. If you have the same resource in several bins you can choose which one you want to use.
View attachment 2618530
So it looks when it works, and if you want to stop production you press the x, or just change production.
View attachment 2618535

Yeah i pretty much do all of that, i buyed two different ships thought, the Sandgroper is more effective than the Mule for low depth, and also buyed the Phantom and upgraded both money is not really an issue.
I have no problem that it takes time to produce things, that's fine. I just don't like how the mining, searching for depposites to be specific, is. Sorry that part is just no fun at and costs too much time.

Also the resources don't hold up that long, they sell out really fast when you are busy making money with Alexi's contacts.
View attachment 2618556
Wow, mine looks like this at day 37. Story ended. If this grinding is realy such a big necessary part, i think i will drop this game. will see 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Why are you mining Diamonds? You need Iron and coal, first thing you need is "Iron Billets" about 500.
i dont know, i was just mining on the new planet:D Honestly if maybe this would be on german, maybe i would understand what i have to do and maybe i would try. But right now i just follow the story.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Wow, mine looks like this at day 37. Story ended. If this grinding is realy such a big necessary part, i think i will drop this game. will see View attachment 2618818 View attachment 2618819 View attachment 2618820 View attachment 2618821
It's not that grindy, i did honestly way more than what was needed because i wanted see all upgrades for the refinery and the new ships, have all ressources in the warehouse, some money, seeing how fast the reputation with the traders improves etc.

The only thing which takes time is finding good depposites, especialy gold and diamonds are a pain in the arse, which you don't really need at the moment.
As for the progress, just a small dialogue with Krog where he mentions he got the forge going, that there are new upgrades available and that Maive want some upgrades for the Hauler and well, it's not really needed at the moment.

The new mining ships look better than the Hauler (toaster) thought

Screenshot (825).png

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
not much as far as sex is concerned ... i mean a tit job and sex with 1 female ... is kinda .. well lacking in that department ... :love:
other than that this game is pretty cool ...

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: chicho1958

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I still have in my head the image of the MC looking at the guys daughter back/forth at start game that was funny as hell.
Then Krog finally says something like, "She's adopted, you asshole!" Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Yeah... Alexia is solar flare hot and Krog is.... well... Krog! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Love the Krog character like a brother in this story already but there is NO WAY that Alexia is his daughter by birth!

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.04.29 - 12.33.18.08.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ImperialD

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It's not that grindy, i did honestly way more than what was needed because i wanted see all upgrades for the refinery and the new ships, have all ressources in the warehouse, some money, seeing how fast the reputation with the traders improves etc.

The only thing which takes time is finding good depposites, especialy gold and diamonds are a pain in the arse, which you don't really need at the moment.
As for the progress, just a small dialogue with Krog where he mentions he got the forge going, that there are new upgrades available and that Maive want some upgrades for the Hauler and well, it's not really needed at the moment.

The new mining ships look better than the Hauler (toaster) thought

View attachment 2618857
Yeah... both look WAY better. However, they are both expensive! you are looking at over 300K credits to buy them both when we will be able to make them ourselves at a small fraction of that cost using our own resources. The ONLY benefit to either ship in the early game is that the Phantom can mine diamonds. Yet, we will NOT need diamonds until the next update drops. If a tiny quantity is needed to build either ship that can easily be purchased through Alexia's contacts and shouldn't be all that expensive. At present, I am concentrating on everything else except diamonds as they are the ONLY commodity I cannot currently obtain using our current gear. So, I will save the credits for something else... Maybe just hoard the credits and split them with the crew. That's how it was on Callisto, 25K stayed in reserve for repairs, fuel, upgrades and trade purchases with any remaining funds split evenly among the crew. No shame in making those purchases. I made both buys during the alpha testing just to see how they performed but on my replay in the release version I'm waiting to make my own new ships, works ships and war ships alike.:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish: Production will be added in the next update so I'm gathering resources now to be ready to build anything and everything we will need. We'll keep milking that old mule ship for all she's worth. After all, we just poured tens of thousands into her upgrades! Enjoy the game, my friend.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Black Hair.jpg

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah... both look WAY better. However, they are both expensive! you are looking at over 300K credits to buy them both when we will be able to make them ourselves at a small fraction of that cost using our own resources. The ONLY benefit to either ship in the early game is that the Phantom can mine diamonds. Yet, we will NOT need diamonds until the next update drops. If a tiny quantity is needed to build either ship that can easily be purchased through Alexia's contacts and shouldn't be all that expensive. At present, I am concentrating on everything else except diamonds as they are the ONLY commodity I cannot currently obtain using our current gear. So, I will save the credits for something else... Maybe just hoard the credits and split them with the crew. That's how it was on Callisto, 25K stayed in reserve for repairs, fuel, upgrades and trade purchases with any remaining funds split evenly among the crew. No shame in making those purchases. I made both buys during the alpha testing just to see how they performed but on my replay in the release version I'm waiting to make my own new ships, works ships and war ships alike.:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish: Production will be added in the next update so I'm gathering resources now to be ready to build anything and everything we will need. We'll keep milking that old mule ship for all she's worth. After all, we just poured tens of thousands into her upgrades! Enjoy the game, my friend.

View attachment 2619047
Gonna have to start over forgot the mining thing how it worked and it's just getting me pissed, for a second was about to delete game, gonna grind till I have enough money even if it takes a month grinding then move on with the story, but gonna be honest right now i'm 50/50 because of that grinding/furnace and other crap, I'm more a story player not here to add to bucket list the grinding,will let you know if I quit this game.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Some tips related to mining (some are included in help screens):
- When arriving at the planet the grades are randomised. There are 3 different ore 'hearts' created on the map at different x, y and depths, each with different maximum grades. The grade drops off the further you get away from these hearts in 3 dimensions. Thus by using multiple probes you can hone in on higher grades.
- There is absolutely no need to survey a new location each day. Once you have a reasonable location it is better to just let Maive mine there for a week or so. The mined grade drops off 5% each day, however she will mine for 8 hours rather than around 7 if you are surveying. Hence whilst slightly lower grade, you will get higher total ore and total metal on days 2 and 3 than on first day.
- The intent is that if you are keen you will likely survey once per week and if less keen maybe once every two weeks. You can completely avoid the mechanic if you wish, however progress will be slower.
- There will be other events to do in same time period as mining, however they are not implemented at this time. Hence why I suggested waiting until perhaps v0.6.

A game of this style really should wait until about 50% complete before anything is released. Alas, I am not being paid by a developer and am at the mercy of attempting to retain Patreons by releasing very early versions of the game.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Some tips related to mining (some are included in help screens):
- When arriving at the planet the grades are randomised. There are 3 different ore 'hearts' created on the map at different x, y and depths, each with different maximum grades. The grade drops off the further you get away from these hearts in 3 dimensions. Thus by using multiple probes you can hone in on higher grades.
- There is absolutely no need to survey a new location each day. Once you have a reasonable location it is better to just let Maive mine there for a week or so. The mined grade drops off 5% each day, however she will mine for 8 hours rather than around 7 if you are surveying. Hence whilst slightly lower grade, you will get higher total ore and total metal on days 2 and 3 than on first day.
- The intent is that if you are keen you will likely survey once per week and if less keen maybe once every two weeks. You can completely avoid the mechanic if you wish, however progress will be slower.
- There will be other events to do in same time period as mining, however they are not implemented at this time. Hence why I suggested waiting until perhaps v0.6.

A game of this style really should wait until about 50% complete before anything is released. Alas, I am not being paid by a developer and am at the mercy of attempting to retain Patreons by releasing very early versions of the game.
If I tell you what I discovered, you will likely attempt to "fix" it as an issue so DON'T change this!!! But, I found that once I find a hot spot/depth I sink ALL of my remaining probes into that location. It seems to keep Maive going much longer in a single probed region. I check the % when selecting the planet before sending her out. Once the % goes too low, THEN we probe again. Only ran into an issue going for extra gold. When Maive started mining that probed area, it was around 10% or rather 10 ppm. Tonight it was all the way down to 7.8 or 7.7. I can't remember now exactly how many times I had Maive make that run on the same probed data but it was a LOT more than one week! More like 3 or 4 weeks worth of digging in multiple sessions. We tried several probe attempts but kept coming up to 3 ppm max on a planet that is supposed to be 13 ppm max. I think we need to go deeper now... So, I figured 35 tons was good for now until we build a Phantom for the extra 100 meters. Seems like it should go even deeper... mais non...

If the probes are scattered all over the place then the degradation is much faster. Faster than even what you described, it will decrease a few % just going back a second time and the third is more than 5% less... like way less aka time to probe again less. IDK if you intended it to work that way but that was what I experienced and it works well. Hell, you gave me the idea when you showed me your successful diamond hunt back during the alpha test! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All of your probes were in a nice, tight bundle. So, I followed your lead there with ALL of my mining. It works well! :)

Thank you for an amazing game, my friend. :) Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: chicho1958

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017
Fan Sig
stellarc-fan2.gif stellarc-fan.gif stellarC-s1.gif stellarC-s2.gif stellarC-s3.gif stellarC-s4.gif stellarC-s5.gif
links:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2642748_stellarc-fan.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2642747_stellarc-fan2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2659277_stellarC-s1.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2659278_stellarC-s2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2659279_stellarC-s3.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2659280_stellarC-s4.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/05/2659281_stellarC-s5.gif

Last edited:

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
If I tell you what I discovered, you will likely attempt to "fix" it as an issue so DON'T change this!!! But, I found that once I find a hot spot/depth I sink ALL of my remaining probes into that location. It seems to keep Maive going much longer in a single probed region. I check the % when selecting the planet before sending her out. Once the % goes too low, THEN we probe again. Only ran into an issue going for extra gold. When Maive started mining that probed area, it was around 10% or rather 10 ppm. Tonight it was all the way down to 7.8 or 7.7. I can't remember now exactly how many times I had Maive make that run on the same probed data but it was a LOT more than one week! More like 3 or 4 weeks worth of digging in multiple sessions. We tried several probe attempts but kept coming up to 3 ppm max on a planet that is supposed to be 13 ppm max. I think we need to go deeper now... So, I figured 35 tons was good for now until we build a Phantom for the extra 100 meters. Seems like it should go even deeper... mais non...

If the probes are scattered all over the place then the degradation is much faster. Faster than even what you described, it will decrease a few % just going back a second time and the third is more than 5% less... like way less aka time to probe again less. IDK if you intended it to work that way but that was what I experienced and it works well. Hell, you gave me the idea when you showed me your successful diamond hunt back during the alpha test! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All of your probes were in a nice, tight bundle. So, I followed your lead there with ALL of my mining. It works well! :)

Thank you for an amazing game, my friend. :) Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Well I solved the money issue but only gave myself 9m so gonna reload that save and give my self 99m you know...food/girls/fire hazards that kinda stuff already got all the upgrades and gonna get those ships as soon they pop up and just gonna buy the ore I need, no more headaches but now that I think of it you did say who was gonna have a bigger fleet so maybe 999m will be more suitable just so I wont have to touch the save editor till 2050(if I'm still in this planet) Would've been fun if this game was multiplayer and hope the dev doesn't have pregnacy ain't got nothing against kids only yours :rolleyes: :D:ROFLMAO:

• Haha

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Well I solved the money issue but only gave myself 9m so gonna reload that save and give my self 99m you know...food/girls/fire hazards that kinda stuff already got all the upgrades and gonna get those ships as soon they pop up and just gonna buy the ore I need, no more headaches but now that I think of it you did say who was gonna have a bigger fleet so maybe 999m will be more suitable just so I wont have to touch the save editor till 2050(if I'm still in this planet) Would've been fun if this game was multiplayer and hope the dev doesn't have pregnacy ain't got nothing against kids only yours :rolleyes: :D:ROFLMAO:
I currently have around 530K credits. You won't need more. I'm likely overboard already. I also have a warehouse full of all the basic billet and raw materials except diamonds.

Remember... when you met "my" kids, (as you insist on calling them) in game, they were YOUR kids in that save! You can't blame me for your choices... Also, that was only one of the four endings. I played all four multiple times. TBH, the more I played Callisto, the more I preferred Tanya's ending, heading off to the nymphomaniac planet!:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Anyway, if you are cheating in money or any other resources our friendly competition to see who can amass the largest fleet is over before it starts. No cheats allowed if you want to make it a fair competition. I will not put any restrictions on what you can or cannot purchase however you MUST earn those credits spent through legitimate means in game. Next update you will be able to not just buy the base resources but the actual parts for the ship builds themselves. Different ship options require different resources like shielding, armor, weapons and electronic options. You cannot BUY your fleet then say, "I win" because you will have won nothing, my friend. Not even the bragging rights I am offering for a fair competition. However, if you are having THIS much trouble this early, you would never beat me fair and square. I kill at resource management games, always have. I become a totally different person and just evolve to whatever the game requires until I have far surpassed the requirements and own the entire game. Unless the game is so grindy that I just say "screw that" and delete it which will NOT happen here. I love this game.:love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... here is one idea ... how about you ”buy” a nice dress and wine and dine your lady?
How about you decorate her room?
Whatabout your room?
What about the common areas?
How about some hugs and kisses in the hallways?
How about some shower shenanigans with the lady you care for ... with some new shower gel?
Next update you will be able to not just buy the base resources but the actual parts for the ship builds themselves
This game could focus on upgrading the matters of the heart, instead of looking at the mines and the rocks.

Reactions: ProtDan

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i wonder if we'll ever get a shot at Nova .... dam she's hot .... Lyra , oh yummy .... Skylar ... dude you gotta let me err. i mean my MC have a shot at her i mean jeeezzz ...... and last but not least Maive ... your just cucking our asses wanting her :love:

fucking tease ... :LOL:

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes