Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Check for development opportunities with Nova, it should tell you the requirements - after you fulfill them and have the crane, an event should play the next day or so. I guess later on we will be able to initiate travel ourselves.

The game currently in my opinion has some issues with how data is organized/presented.

The two most glaring examples, in my opinion, are the system selection screen for mining and the refining screen:
The use case for the system screen is simple - you need more of ore x, so you navigate to the system which has the highest percentage of x and mine there - quick, which system has that planet for x? ...yeah, I'm tired and it's been a while, so click on each system, check, go back, repeat. A simple solution would be to note the ores+concentrations on the system list.

The refinery screen has the most issues, probably because it dates back to when to the beginning, with all the other system being build afterwards:
-What's the current mining order? The only way to tell is to wait until the evening and see what's incoming bin. After which you would have to reload... It would be helpful if the current order (and maybe expected yield) would be displayed there, so that you can decide easily if you need to change it.
-How much refined material do you have, and how much do you need? That was superfluous information previously, with the production info being sufficient, but since we now have manufacturing and can queue orders which require more material, refining to meet those inputs is important, and currently the only way to tell is to leave refining, go up a floor, enter manufacturing and remember those numbers. The space below production and consumption is currently empty, it could be used to display our current stockpiles of materials (and how much more we need).
-What's the consumption rate anyway? How much TiO2 should I stockpile before putting the arc furnace on producing titanium billets? That can be determined experimentally or by checking the code, but just displaying the expected consumption and output when configuring a refiner would help in making efficient decisions.

Beyond that, a very nice update, looking forward to see how the political stuff develops. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaneride

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The game currently in my opinion has some issues with how data is organized/presented.
The game currently in my opinion has the BIG issue that there is no sex content at all with any of the station chicks.

Xav, dude, honestly, what the fuck are you doing.

Zhaico

Jan 16, 2022
Hello, a question as to how the event is active Hervone is looking for a manufacturing alliance? I already have 29 reputation and I don't know how to activate it
sorry for my English

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
The game currently in my opinion has the BIG issue that there is no sex content at all with any of the station chicks.

Xav, dude, honestly, what the fuck are you doing.
I'm glad to be able to tell you that you apparently managed to miss a scene with Lyra. And also Alexia, I guess, depending on what your definition of sex is.
And also, considering you have a corporate culture signature, you should be familiar with the concept of a slow burn, yes? :ROFLMAO: ;)

Hello, a question as to how the event is active Hervone is looking for a manufacturing alliance? I already have 29 reputation and I don't know how to activate it
sorry for my English
Have you built/bought the crane? Then it should activate at the start of a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaPhat and Zhaico

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Have you built/bought the crane? Then it should activate at the start of a day.
you don't need to buy shit Nova will do it for you !!! .... this is wrong .. you should be able to do it ..... not the AI babe !:(

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
The scanning for ore concentration needs to be cleaned up. It's an order of magnitude more T E D I O U S than scanning in ME2 is. Also gonna need to start automating ore extraction queues, this doing it every day is bog crazy. Gonna pound this sandbox horse into a fine paste and leave it bubbling in the crater the pounding created at this rate. Takes so long to accumulate anything to BUILD anything that I was nowhere near being able to build my diploship when Nova just up and bought it for me, burning my credits. Thanks so much for that. -.-

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Except you need to run the sand thru the concentrator to extract silica, which is what you use to make glass. Which also pulls out zircon and titanium. You guy really need to read labels on shit.
thats tru i kent red for shit .... :eek:

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Seems to be a prob with the manufacturing alliance with the herm. Have bought the crane, cause nova can't wait, AND built one, still no alliance stuff. Well over 20. Pissed away mult days mining, nothing happens.

And considering how tiny your mining cap is, how godawful tedious it is to survey useful ore concentrations (it's bad enough you gotta randomly peck at spots, but a fucking depth variable too FFS \o/) it's lovely how the map give NO hint at ore concentrations, and how you just can't refine shit at any rate. This is gonna be a grindfest that makes Lust Age look like a brisk breeze in comparison. Have us manufacture a new mining ship...with a smaller cargo cap. Only use is it can mine deeper...with a lower drill rate/hr. Wouldn't want the bloody comps to slave to each other and have BOTH ships mining at the same time or anything. At this point I wanna know ytf we should care enough to put up with this grind that makes Korean grind games look like appealing alternatives. Cause this is boring as all get the fuck out. And *I LIKE MANAGEMENT GAMES!*

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
What do I need to make glass?
The basics are that you need sand, a sand concentrator and one of the two furnaces... You can mine or buy sand ore. Okay... here we go for the refinery rundown...

Images followed by descriptive text in between... Hope this helps you, my friend, others welcome too :)
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 21.56.03.96.png
Above you see the fully upgraded refinery... Receiving Bin One is where Maive leaves her daily ore cargo for you to assign it to a bin. I can tell from the assignment of bin one to holding bin E that she is currently hauling sand. When I have her change ore collection again, I will reassign Bin One to feed one of the two empty bins, B or G. Ore that you purchase through Alexia goes into Receiving Bin Two and since my last purchase was iron ore, it is set to funnel into Holding Bin C. I managed to make due with only A and B holding bins for quite a while before adding C, D and beyond. Your first concern should be running ONE ore at a time, Coal Ore in one of the holding bins and the ore you are smelting in the other. That is Sand in the case of making glass. More on that below...

Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 21.56.31.43.png
The Sand Concentrator is the first upgrade you should purchase to make glass. You still need to select the source as you may not always keep sand in the same bin. As you can see in the refinery overview screen, I currently have sand in TWO bins. Currently, I am drawing from A while Maive restocks E. You go through tons of sand to make Quartz. I already have plenty but it's expensive so I try to keep plenty on hand. Sand is cheap, the materials it makes are NOT cheap... Besides, I think Maive actually likes the Sandgroper almost as much as the new Phantom! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: The priority can be selected according to what you need however mine is generally on Silica as I get sufficient returns on Rutile for titanium and Zircon for zirconium. Setting Rutile or Zircon as priority yields 95% of the mineral selected and only 50-60% of the other two. It's handy if you are short on titanium or zirconium as they are more expensive to purchase but I'm never short. I buy a lot of sand ore because it's generally higher yield than what Maive can mine and it's on the cheaper side of materials. I purchase coal or and iron ore as well as they too are on the cheaper side. Maive can mine everything but she is only one person. So, I do purchase additional materials as needed.

***Once you obtain the Sand Concentrator you can make glass in the Blast Furnace by burning coal to fuel the furnace to smelt the Silica to glass. However, once you upgrade to the Arc Furnace you no longer need the coal... However, I was running short on iron billet for a ship order and ran both the Blast Furnace AND the Arc Furnace stocked with iron ore and some coal for the Blast Furnace until I caught up again... Didn't need to purchase as much iron billet to finish my build that way...

Make sure that you select BOTH feeds when using the Blast Furnace in addition to the Production material you want to make. You can see that I do not currently have any Coal Ore to burn so the Blast Furnace is inactive at present. However, I will not hesitate to purchase a load of coal ore and fire that beast up if I need iron, copper, nickel, glass, zircon or titanium in a hurry. I run BOTH furnaces when needed. That most commonly happens when I build larger quantities of ships and need the extra iron to make engines, plating, supports and other iron items... I use a LOT of iron! :)
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 21.56.58.32.png

Next is the Arc Furnace... Makes the same billet as the Blast Furnace except it is faster and does not need coal ore to burn. It runs on Hydrogen and is many times more efficient than the Blast Furnace. Definitely a worthy upgrade to get!
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 21.57.10.97.png

The last link in the Refinery chain is the Purifier. As you can see, it handles production of gold, diamond, graphene (made from coal) and quartz (made from silica.) Like the other machines, you do need to assign the holding bin for gold, diamond and graphene (coal) production. There is only one silica bin under the sand concentrator so quartz auto selects the silica bin with quartz is being made. Otherwise, always, always, always make sure you have the correct letter selected next to the materials you are moving or making.
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 21.58.51.33.png

Then... Once you make your products, billet, parts, ships, whatever... they all end up here in your warehouse...
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 21.59.04.18.png

For upgrades, see Krog... Here are his details... Skylar gives you the nanotech to build parts and ships but Krog handles ALL upgrades, including manufacturing... I have everything upgraded at present but these are the screens you will see when you click on Krog's area in order the selections are listed... (ran out of room for an image of the list...
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 23.05.42.73.png Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 23.05.52.74.png Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 23.06.02.10.png Base Profile Screenshot 2023.09.29 - 23.06.12.02.png

I hope this little tutorial helps you navigate the game better. I stuffed in as many images as I could in a single post... I've been helping the dev team with finding royalty free music and play testing so I have played the shit out of this game because I fucking LOVE IT!!!:love: Hope you enjoy it as well. Xavster is really pouring his heart and soul into this game and it shows.

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat;)(y)

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I wish someone would actually make a walkthrough for this game since it feels like we never know what we are supposed to do at any given time

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
The Sand Concentrator is the first upgrade you should purchase to make glass.
Yeah, and where? Doesn't appear in my procurement screen.

I wish someone would actually make a walkthrough for this game since it feels like we never know what we are supposed to do at any given time
What it needs is a more in depth tutorial/help screens. If you're gonna make it this complicated you need to explain how it all works in detail.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Yeah, and where? Doesn't appear in my procurement screen.

What it needs is a more in depth tutorial/help screens. If you're gonna make it this complicated you need to explain how it all works in detail.
not only that but it just feels like it's 70% trial and error with the remaining 30% being luck

• Haha
Reactions: cxx
3.40 star(s) 8 Votes