Stop overusing 18 as an age

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Not necessarily true, even the game's content can contradict your disclaimer.

PantyShot

Sep 6, 2017
As a game developer, you declare your intention, in your disclaimer. If you say she's 18, we have to take you at your word.
So... should i understand that simply stating someone is 18, while it could looks like a teen, would be enough to accomodate the laws as long as i don't cast any reasonable doubts to my intentions of portraying her as 18, but just failed by drawing her poorly and making her looks like a teen in the process? (replace teen by anything else here, it's mainly for an example purpose)

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Not necessarily true, even the game's content can contradict your disclaimer.
Your opinion does not overcome the presumption of innocence, officer. I dindu nuffin.

The burden of proof is a legal term for determining which side has to prove his or her case is correct. Innocent until proven guilty means that the prosecution is the side that has to bear the burden of proof. The prosecution must put forward affirmative evidence that shows the court that the defendant is guilty in order to have the defendant convicted. The lack of evidence absolving the defendant of guilt is not enough.

To better understand this, imagine the opposite world. Suppose defendants were “guilty until proven innocent.” That would mean that the defendant's side in the trial would need to show that the defendant did not commit the crime. The defendant would need to produce DNA evidence or witnesses or some other positive thing that showed he or she did not do it. While these types of evidence are often produced by defendants regardless, they are not, strictly speaking, necessary in a world where it is the prosecution's job to prove the defendant guilty rather than the defendant's job to prove him or herself innocent. Where the burden rests is particularly important in criminal cases because the prosecution has a heightened standard for proving its case.

1% of "criminals" are convicted.
tenor.png

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Your opinion does not overcome the presumption of innocence, officer. I dindu nuffin.

The burden of proof is a legal term for determining which side has to prove his or her case is correct. Innocent until proven guilty means that the prosecution is the side that has to bear the burden of proof. The prosecution must put forward affirmative evidence that shows the court that the defendant is guilty in order to have the defendant convicted. The lack of evidence absolving the defendant of guilt is not enough.

To better understand this, imagine the opposite world. Suppose defendants were “guilty until proven innocent.” That would mean that the defendant's side in the trial would need to show that the defendant did not commit the crime. The defendant would need to produce DNA evidence or witnesses or some other positive thing that showed he or she did not do it. While these types of evidence are often produced by defendants regardless, they are not, strictly speaking, necessary in a world where it is the prosecution's job to prove the defendant guilty rather than the defendant's job to prove him or herself innocent. Where the burden rests is particularly important in criminal cases because the prosecution has a heightened standard for proving its case.

1% of "criminals" are convicted.
View attachment 262707
Disclaimers exist for that reason but they will not matter in some platforms, be it patreon or other communities similar to F95Zone.

If I were to make a disclaimer in which I say all characters are 18 or older but then my story will be in an elementary school with lolis aged "18", patreon would ban me and my game would not be accepted in some communities.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Disclaimers exist for that reason but they will not matter in some platforms, be it patreon or other communities similar to F95Zone.

If I were to make a disclaimer in which I say all characters are 18 or older but then my story will be in an elementary school with lolis aged "18", patreon would ban me and my game would not be accepted in some communities.
Patreon would have no cause to ban you for putting an elementary school in your game. Most cities have elementary schools.

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
So... should i understand that simply stating someone is 18, while it could looks like a teen, would be enough to accomodate the laws as long as i don't cast any reasonable doubts to my intentions of portraying her as 18, but just failed by drawing her poorly and making her looks like a teen in the process? (replace teen by anything else here, it's mainly for an example purpose)
Most of the laws are vague, and complicated. A well spoken, talented lawyer can easily put you in trouble, so better use common sense always.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm SICK of the 18 year old male MC. Not because he's 18 but because he's an idiot.

There, I finally got that out. (y)
I'll add on to this that only time i've ever seen a male main character that i've enjoyed playing has been when it's been an older guy like Depraved Awakening or late 20's like those in the Elsaverse.

Reactions: freedom.call

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I'll add on to this that only time i've ever seen a male main character that i've enjoyed playing has been when it's been an older guy like Depraved Awakening or late 20's like those in the Elsaverse.
Yeah what can I say, we're stupid but not all of us show it so readily. :D

I mean, pretty sure I was 18 once but I felt like 40....now that I'm even older I feel like a really smart 18 year old at times (well not really). :)

DA is great, haven't played Elsaverse.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah what can I say, we're stupid but not all of us show it so readily. :D

I mean, pretty sure I was 18 once but I felt like 40....now that I'm even older I feel like a really smart 18 year old at times (well not really). :)

DA is great, haven't played Elsaverse.
Elsaverse is the Dreaming with Elsa series, Redemption for Jessika, Finding Miranda and Saving Chloe. They are all part of 1 storyline.

We're all stupid as teens male and female, it's where we make all our dumbest decisions in the hope we learn something for our 20's. There was a whole 5 minutes where I thought retribution was an insult ... I kinda, maybe got my reprobates and retributions mixed up. I wasn't exactly on form in my teens ... like, at all.

I don't have any problem at all with stupid teens, stupid teens are fun and the lifeblood of this planet. Once we were them, now we can laugh at them.

My issue is, stupidity isn't attractive. When i'm playing erotica I generally play for the girls but some of the best girls are in straight games so I don the male MC cap. There are some games that do it great but then you get the dumb as fuck teen MC that can't talk to the opposite sex without mind control or some drug or the sex god teen that despite having the worst chat up lines ever thought up still manages to swim in pussy.

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
18 It is the age for Laws as in real life a lot of unexpected situations arise. Also 18 is for the west world a general idea. If you travel around the world different situations exist. I remember about 10 years ago that I heard in the news, a nine year old mother in Brazil brought her baby in the world. If you consider that many tribes don't have such signs and life goes normal following simple codes -"you love her nice You marry her" or what ever else they believe, age isn't under center rules. But for Laws in North West world the acceptant age is 18.

If you live in Congo for example these rules mean nothing. Same as the age legal situation with all the complexity were for example in US the ways of sex, as anal and oral was crime. Homosexual was also crime and people tend to put Signs to others depending what they prefer in sex. Puritanism was and maybe is strong both in US and Europe which forced sex to be forbidden or controlled under certain circumstances, is a bit irony how the religions tried to control sex and life. Yes even in the past also there where rules passed from the tribe's shaman in any religion mostly as they tend to protect the health of the tribe with certain guidance. Those rules usually where forced because of the climate in the tribe's area.

So as we see the humans tend to force what they believe to other human as the one part thinks that knows better than the other and usually is a minority who has all the answers for everything especially for sex relative themes. Info bellow enjoy :)

Some states refuse to repeal[ | ]
As of 2014, 17 states had not repealed their sodomy laws, even though they cannot be used any more because of Lawrence v. Texas. Fourteen of these state laws make both heterosexual and homosexual sodomy illegal:

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
@Brother Lui, you need to be disciplined for using Wikipedia as a source instead of plagiarising the article and using its sources as references. Tssk, tssk. ;) (Nah, you did very well.)

Reactions: Brother Lui

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
Lovely, of course you're okay. You provided some good insights and alternative perspectives, that is certainly worthwhile. Next time, you'll just write a paragraph using the key words people can use to search for their own views, instead of linking a controlled Wiki collation. ;)
You did good, providing a more global perspective. :coffee:

really sorry @OhJo for using Wiki as most people trust it enough but the info do exist just wanted to give the bigger picture :(

PantyShot

Sep 6, 2017
Next time, you'll just write a paragraph using the key words people can use to search for their own views, instead of linking a controlled Wiki collation.
Might as well ask, did the wikipedia links + boring yet informative paragraph really bothered you that much?

Reactions: OhJo

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
It does. (It really doesn't, that much.) I grade my students harshly if I notice they did something like this. (I do, this is true.)
Now, with your curiosity sated, why would you even ask that? :geek:
Might as well ask, did the wikipedia links + boring yet informative paragraph really bothered you that much?

Reactions: PantyShot

Dillerkind

Nov 12, 2018
For me it was actually quite interesting, that's for sure. I read the comment and found it weird that sodomy laws in the US were repealed..... Why is that? Because to me sodomy was the same as bestiality. And in fact, in German nowadays the word sodomy is usually used in that context, and not to describe any sort of non-vaginal intercourse that's not meant for reproduction. So, at first I frowned when I read the comment.. and then laughed hard when read the article (the German article on sodomy is a bit more informative than the English one).

Reactions: OhJo

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
A visual novel is someone's story. For example "How I met your brother" A middle aged woman reflects back on her youth, telling her husband about her first sexual experience. How that rotten bastard cheated on her, so for revenge she slept with, and later married his brother. In reality, the events in the author's life took place at the age of 14, but the actors re-enacting the story are over 18. It's goofy and annoying, but that's how it has to be. We laugh 18 year old virgin girl, yea right :rolleyes: and we tell the developer how unrealistic their game is. :mad:
The husband always knew that he was not her first, but she was his first. She came to him in a fit of rage. He didn't know how to respond, he had never done this before, but luckily she had, and she took the lead in releving him of his virginity. Horrified by her confession, he is haunted by visions of her doing nasty things with his brother. He knew she wasn't a virgin, and he appreciated her skillset, but where once the men she had been with before him were nameless, faceless men that didn't bother him, now all he could think about was his wife being penetrated again and again by his own brother. The same brother that had tied him to a tree, and left him there overnight, when he was 8, the brother who had picked on him and tortured all of his friends. His arch nemesis brother, had deflowered his wife. Why he cried, why? Tell me every detail, he says... I won't be able to get past this, unless I know everything. Flashback to the innocent young 18 year old wife's first encounter with the brother, just before he started college when he was 28 (he really was 18, but since she has to be 18, it wouldn't make sense for the older brother to be 18)

PantyShot

Sep 6, 2017
He knew she wasn't a virgin, and he appreciated her skillset, but where once the men she had been with before him were nameless, faceless men that didn't bother him, now all he could think about was his wife being penetrated again and again by his own brother.
Wow, that was described in a manner that's making me feel really bad for finding that hot.

Reactions: polywog