VN Ren'Py Stories from the Gloryhole - Dev Thread

What kind of View do you prefer for scenes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So i thought i would start a Thread here as well. This is partially for me to keep track (and i know i will need it to keep myself focused and going.
And for the other part to get some Feedback on the Idea.

The name might be a bit misleading though but i will explain it.

All in all currently there are 11 Characters which will all have their own Story (at least i will try it).
Some stories might match partially but will be from the view of different Characters.
Some Routes will be cut quite short and others will be longer.

Story:

The Story will be mostly written in a You perspective at the beginning. As soon as there are characters involved it will change though.

The Story itself will start in a Bar which has Gloryholes in the Toilets.
At the Start you will walk up to the Barmaid which will introduce you to the different Characters.
Every Character will have a (really) short Backstory at least as much as the Barmaid knows. This includes Age and Name.
You will be able to ask the Barmaid about the Characters you are interested in at the Start so you wont need to hear about all of them.
After that you will be able to choose the Character and follow their path.
The Characters will be from two Groups in the Bar. One being some old Friends from College and the other Group will be from University.
The Age range from the girls will be mid 20 with the youngest being 21 and the oldest in her mid thirties.
The Age for the Guys will be mid twenties with the youngest being 23 and the oldest being 26.

The Gloryhole will be at least at the start of the story kinda be the focus but depending on the route you will choose and the character later be less to non relevant.

Edit:
So to clarify you will start as somehow yourself by walking into a Bar and talking to the Bartender. She will then tell you about the other Guests there and you will then be able to choose from those to see what happens to them. After you choose you will be able to play the Game from their perspective rather then your own perspective. This is mainly based on the reason that im quite fond of that Storystyle rather then you yourself being implemented in the Game. I will think about doing that at some point later maybe when im more comfortable with the Renders and Game mechanics.

But for the beginning the story will be based on Main Cast we have.

Possible Tags will include:

- Masturbation
- Love
- Pregnancy
- Gloryhole (ofc)
- Drinking
- Voyeurism
- Lesbian
- Interracial
- Incest (will be available as a patch for those who like it)
- Public Sex
- Handjob
- Blowjob

Those are at the moment all i can think off from the parts i already have written.

Additional Infos:

Since this is my first game i expect there to be a lot of roadbumps for me. Especially considering the amount and length of the Storylines and most importantly the Renders.
Since i am completely new to Daz i expect that to be the hardest part. So dont expect great quality for the first images or too many Renders. I will try my best though and i hope i will improve over time.

Most people would now mostly say get some time to learn Daz some more and stuff but this is my way to learn. And i hope with your help i can make a VN which will be liked by you and help me learn stuff and get some good quality stuff ready.

I will post some Renders here of the Characters as soon as i have some.

The Game Thread can be found HERE

Last edited:

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So First Entry aside from the main Entry. Im currently playing around with DAZ. When i did the first Render on my PC it was maxing out my CPU to 100%. Which is kinda odd since i told it to use my Nvidia Card which was sitting idle at 0-5% Depending on the Usage in Firefox. I searched around and disabled the CPU in the Render Settings. Now the CPU is at 25% while the GPU isnt doing anything either but the Render is as fast as before. How is that possible? >.<

Also is there any way to move just one point of a Character instead of the whole Body? I tried to make a pointing Gesture but the selection always moved the whole Arm with the Finger.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So first Render is done and i would like to present to you Helena the Barmaid. I am not 100% happy with her facial expression though.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Alright. So the first "Main" Character is rendered and i am currently working on the second one.
I am not happy with her left eye. Looks like she has wrinkles on that one. Gonna fix that. (Looks like that is based on the lighting...)
The hovering Hand is already fixed. I am still gonna share the current render though ^^

Next two Characters are done too.

I present to you Kelly and Jen.

Edit 3: And the last 3 Female Characters are done. Hailey, Laura and Steph are completing the female Cast. After some sleep i will create the Male Cast. (I am not quite sure what the render on Stephs Forehead is cause in the preview it aint there. Might be Lighting related like with Lilly though.)

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Welcome to the Programming and Dev forum, lordparcival.

Making a thread to to publicly show your progress can help with motivation and allows an easy way to ask questions or for feedback. And maybe get some people to become interested in your project.

The black mark you see on the head of the "steph" render may be the "skull cap" part of the chosen hair: sometimes it might show through the skin if you have used shaping morphs on the character face. Try resizing the hair object to 99.9%, or move the hair object back (relative to the character head, away from the camera) by 0.05

Good luck and may the fap be with you.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So after a few hickups with the Models being buff like hell as if they were in the gym for way too long i fixed it and could finally create the Male Cast. Without further ado here you go. I present to you:Ben, Han, Kevin, Mike and Simon

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So i am quite happy with how the Male Cast turned out for now. But i will rework at least two of the female Character with Lilly and Hailey since im not quite happy with how they turned out. I am not quite 100% sure with Laura too but way less happy with the other two. I will rework those two today and maybe be able to make some scenes for the initial presentation and maybe at least script the first few minutes of the Game so i can tackle the choosing of the storyline and stuff.

Currently this is done with the menu but i want to change that to Imagemap. I am not sure if i want to have all of the Characters in two Rows a 6+5 Characters or if i will work with pointers so you will be able to switch to one of the groups and then choose from there. The first will be way easier to implement for me but being the scriptkiddie i am and the actual flow of the game it would be way more intuitive to have it the other way. Which means i would have to read on how to implement that into the Game.

Also i updated some of the Text in the first post about what you can expect from the Game and how it will be played.

Reactions: Ashbringer17

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So. Yesterday i tackled the programming and Story Part of the Game. For the first Character i have around 60% of the story including programming done. It might be a bit short but will expand once we progress the Game.

I also did reworks for Lilly and Hailey. Lilly looks more Asian now and way better compared to prior. At least in my eyes.
For Hailey i have two versions. Please tell me which you prefer. The first is based on Giseli HD the second on Lourdes.

As to help me with my work and cause i wanted to upgrade anyway i ordered a new Graphics card. Initially i wanted to go for the AMD Radeon 6800XT but since the Radeons dont help with Iray i ditched that and ordered an Inno3D 3080 iChill Frostbite. I use my Rig mostly for Gaming and Streaming so it will benefit me anyway. Since my current RAM is also acting up i ordered some new RAM which will hopefully be more stable and helping with converting and loading up the Models and Assets faster.

I will try to finish the second part of the first Character at least on the weekend. I already found a way which makes it possible to move the story forward between the characters and how to implement the characters choice system without bloating the main script up too much and loosing track about where to jump and stuff which is one of the biggest issues if you have huge scripts. You tend to loose focus.

Last edited:
Reactions: namdu games

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
Looking forward to your work!
Btw will you play as the "group", or as one of the members of that group? And I guess "our character" will interact with us passively? Or at least, we will control the group and what it will say to her, right? It's a cool concept, but maybe you should focus on having us bond with ourself before switching prospective, otherwise it will be just a weird "why did I start as that girl for 2.3 seconds? Oh well, doesn't matter." Now, I'm saying this without having anything to base this on as I didn't yet play your game ( :p ) but I guess preventing something it's better than trying to fix it.

I would say I prefer the Giseli one but she seems mature in that one. Not that I dislike that, just wanted to point it out.

As for modeling/making games I know jack shit, but I can hop on this thread to give you feedback if you'd like. Maybe proofreading, but English isn't my main language so... Yeah...
I read a lot of books in English but I never dabbled in writing myself, but hey, better than nothing, I guess.

Reactions: lordparcival

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Looking forward to your work!
Btw will you play as the "group", or as one of the members of that group? And I guess "our character" will interact with us passively? Or at least, we will control the group and what it will say to her, right? It's a cool concept, but maybe you should focus on having us bond with ourself before switching prospective, otherwise it will be just a weird "why did I start as that girl for 2.3 seconds? Oh well, doesn't matter." Now, I'm saying this without having anything to base this on as I didn't yet play your game ( :p ) but I guess preventing something it's better than trying to fix it.

I would say I prefer the Giseli one but she seems mature in that one. Not that I dislike that, just wanted to point it out.

As for modeling/making games I know jack shit, but I can hop on this thread to give you feedback if you'd like. Maybe proofreading, but English isn't my main language so... Yeah...
I read a lot of books in English but I never dabbled in writing myself, but hey, better than nothing, I guess.
First and foremost Thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to writing and developing this.
The first Storypart is around 2/3 done. After that i will start with rendering and upload that part as demo here in the Thread. I am not quite sure how long will that take especially with the renders. For the writing/scripting i guess i will be finished at the end of this / mid next month.

So for the other question you will be able to choose any character to start with and get their perspective on the events happening that day/evening. BUT all Characters will have different Views of those events and different Events happening.

The Stories are linked but you will play each part from the Person you choose. After you are done with that you have the chance to follow up from the Info`s you got from that character or choose a completely different Character. So it wont be a few seconds for each character though. Its mainly like following a Character in a TV Series where the plot jumps from one Character to another to show different perspectives of the same Day. So you will be able to see the Scenes from as Example Mike with only his Point of View but can also decide to check the same scene out from the POV of Laura or whoever will be weaved into that story once you finish Mikes POV. In that Story you will gather some clues and maybe ask yourself "Hey what exactly brought us here in the first place" leading you to a choice at the end where you could "ask" a different Character for his story which can be relevant to what happened in the other story. I don`t want to spoil too much but for the first story part i will post a brief description here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can best describe this by different timelines like this:

The first story i have finished or will finish is the one from Mikes perspective. At least the first Part.
His Story will take place from 10pm to 11pm.
Laura will be in that Story too but her story will start at 9pm till 10pm
Another Male character will start his story at 8pm till 9pm
With another Female Character having her Story from 7pm to 9pm

But you are totally free to choose any of the Characters. So you can either have kind of a Linear Playthrough and follow the events like i describe them or go totally wild and pierce the pieces together like you want to.

One of the things i did not like from some other Games is that you have to play certain events even though according to the choices you don`t want to but you get the scene anyway. This will be different in my Game. At least partially. You are totally free to leave the story of a character out of your playthrough but you might miss some of the story then. At least from their perspective. Mainly for me this is incest stuff or being pressured into having a relationship with a Character i don`t want to have one with. Some devs give you the fake choice of choosing to not pursue this but you will have those scenes anyway.

As for the proofreading sure. English isnt my main language too so i am always happy for any help i can get. I consider myself a bit better when it comes to this then some of the russian devs. But it never hurts to have another pair of eyes to look over what you wrote.

There won`t be that much story though at least at first cause i know you all like the sexytime we get in those games ^^ Once i have the first Part finished for each character which will then be like V1 of the Game i will follow up with more story content. At least for one "Couple" i have a storyline planned which will eventually, based on your choices end in Marriage/Pregnancy. So there will be having Dates, Meeting Parents and various other stuff. But it will take some time till we get there.

The game will also have some random events happening so you will be able to play through one story twice with different endings not based on your choice. You will also be able to make choices which will impact the complete Story of one of the characters. Like if one of the characters will be able to follow up on what happened earlier with another character or if he blew his chance. If that happens i am not quite sure if that will be like Game over for that character cause i would have to create another storyline for that character with a different character which could then alter the whole story i have set up yet. But i don`t want to leave you high and dry with a Game Over screen too. So i might script some Love Triangles or secret relationships where you betray "your Partner". But i am not quite sure of that. Maybe i will implement another character so you are able to play as "yourself". But since most of the story is written as "You" i am not quite sure how i could tackle this so i will for the time being stick to the Series idea.

Edit: I hope this is at least somewhat understandable and not too wild written. I tend to loose myself in my thoughts when writing long responses xD

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
First and foremost Thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to writing and developing this.
The first Storypart is around 2/3 done. After that i will start with rendering and upload that part as demo here in the Thread. I am not quite sure how long will that take especially with the renders. For the writing/scripting i guess i will be finished at the end of this / mid next month.

So for the other question you will be able to choose any character to start with and get their perspective on the events happening that day/evening. BUT all Characters will have different Views of those events and different Events happening.

The Stories are linked but you will play each part from the Person you choose. After you are done with that you have the chance to follow up from the Info`s you got from that character or choose a completely different Character. So it wont be a few seconds for each character though. Its mainly like following a Character in a TV Series where the plot jumps from one Character to another to show different perspectives of the same Day. So you will be able to see the Scenes from as Example Mike with only his Point of View but can also decide to check the same scene out from the POV of Laura or whoever will be weaved into that story once you finish Mikes POV. In that Story you will gather some clues and maybe ask yourself "Hey what exactly brought us here in the first place" leading you to a choice at the end where you could "ask" a different Character for his story which can be relevant to what happened in the other story. I don`t want to spoil too much but for the first story part i will post a brief description here:

You can best describe this by different timelines like this:

The first story i have finished or will finish is the one from Mikes perspective. At least the first Part.
His Story will take place from 10pm to 11pm.
Laura will be in that Story too but her story will start at 9pm till 10pm
Another Male character will start his story at 8pm till 9pm
With another Female Character having her Story from 7pm to 9pm

But you are totally free to choose any of the Characters. So you can either have kind of a Linear Playthrough and follow the events like i describe them or go totally wild and pierce the pieces together like you want to.

One of the things i did not like from some other Games is that you have to play certain events even though according to the choices you don`t want to but you get the scene anyway. This will be different in my Game. At least partially. You are totally free to leave the story of a character out of your playthrough but you might miss some of the story then. At least from their perspective. Mainly for me this is incest stuff or being pressured into having a relationship with a Character i don`t want to have one with. Some devs give you the fake choice of choosing to not pursue this but you will have those scenes anyway.

As for the proofreading sure. English isnt my main language too so i am always happy for any help i can get. I consider myself a bit better when it comes to this then some of the russian devs. But it never hurts to have another pair of eyes to look over what you wrote.

There won`t be that much story though at least at first cause i know you all like the sexytime we get in those games ^^ Once i have the first Part finished for each character which will then be like V1 of the Game i will follow up with more story content. At least for one "Couple" i have a storyline planned which will eventually, based on your choices end in Marriage/Pregnancy. So there will be having Dates, Meeting Parents and various other stuff. But it will take some time till we get there.

The game will also have some random events happening so you will be able to play through one story twice with different endings not based on your choice. You will also be able to make choices which will impact the complete Story of one of the characters. Like if one of the characters will be able to follow up on what happened earlier with another character or if he blew his chance. If that happens i am not quite sure if that will be like Game over for that character cause i would have to create another storyline for that character with a different character which could then alter the whole story i have set up yet. But i don`t want to leave you high and dry with a Game Over screen too. So i might script some Love Triangles or secret relationships where you betray "your Partner". But i am not quite sure of that. Maybe i will implement another character so you are able to play as "yourself". But since most of the story is written as "You" i am not quite sure how i could tackle this so i will for the time being stick to the Series idea.

Edit: I hope this is at least somewhat understandable and not too wild written. I tend to loose myself in my thoughts when writing long responses xD
It was all understandable, don't worry.

Thanks for taking your time to explain it to me.
I can't seem to remember if this concept is new or just really rare, my congratulation in any case. I'm really interested by this, I fear only that seeing as the storyline can work by "flashbacks" or by doing it in order it won't have too many variables?
Let me explain myself. You have 1-2-3-4(order of the character's by their location in the timeline - the event which I'm talking about are made up). If you start with #3 and you go to the bathroom, will you find #1 and #2 doing oral sex( or w/e)? Because if you do you're then locked into the "timeline" where they are having oral sex, and if you then play #1 your "fate" is already sealed and you should go and have sex into the bathroom. I guess it all depends on good writing and timing from your part to avoid having characters find each other in the act? But that would mean no public/hidden sex... :unsure:
I guess it could be fixed by hearing only moans for example, which might be from a person masturbating or sex, which you can investigate by changing PoV. It's not public sex, but at least is something...

I don't know, it's kinda late for me and I'm not too sober, my smol brain can't process these small problems (which probably exist only in my head). Anyways, keep up the good work. I would like to leave a reaction but I guess I reached my daily limit, so here's a thumbs up (y)

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
It was all understandable, don't worry.

Thanks for taking your time to explain it to me.
I can't seem to remember if this concept is new or just really rare, my congratulation in any case. I'm really interested by this, I fear only that seeing as the storyline can work by "flashbacks" or by doing it in order it won't have too many variables?
Let me explain myself. You have 1-2-3-4(order of the character's by their location in the timeline - the event which I'm talking about are made up). If you start with #3 and you go to the bathroom, will you find #1 and #2 doing oral sex( or w/e)? Because if you do you're then locked into the "timeline" where they are having oral sex, and if you then play #1 your "fate" is already sealed and you should go and have sex into the bathroom. I guess it all depends on good writing and timing from your part to avoid having characters find each other in the act? But that would mean no public/hidden sex... :unsure:
I guess it could be fixed by hearing only moans for example, which might be from a person masturbating or sex, which you can investigate by changing PoV. It's not public sex, but at least is something...

I don't know, it's kinda late for me and I'm not too sober, my smol brain can't process these small problems (which probably exist only in my head). Anyways, keep up the good work. I would like to leave a reaction but I guess I reached my daily limit, so here's a thumbs up (y)

Each Storyline will have a variety of possible ways it will resolve. But yes you are correct some things are already set which will happen. You will never see other characters or will only see them from afar. Those things which happen to those characters which you can see are set. But aside from that what happens else is your own choice.

Let me explain further:

We have 11 Characters not all of those will have a storyline which is overlapping with more then 1 other Character. So for example as stated you will have 1 other Character Overlapping with Mike which is Laura. Lauras Story Overlaps with 3 other People one being Mike and one being two other Characters. That those two will do something is already set. But Laura wont be able to see them. For those two if you play one of their stories their fate is kind of sealed for the second one. Thats correct. But one of those Characters will have a longer build up till that part and the other one will have kind of an aftermath if you want to call it that. I might even have one or two Character which dont overlap with one of the other Characters. But since i only have the Story for one Charakter or well one and a half (Mike almost done and Laura a rough idea + what she does with Mike just from her POV) and for at least 3 more Characters i have a rough Idea where i want to go with those. Nothing is set in stone yet.

There are two solutions to the Problem you describe. Either limit what will happen by setting variables if you play one character for what will happen for the other Character. Or just let it be and let the other character be playable without those consequences. Like in Mikes Storyline Laura decides to give you a Blowjob but in Lauras Storyline you decline to do that cause you dont feel comfortable going further then a Handjob.

For the Interactive Storytelling it would be better to limit it. But on the other side i want to enable the Player to try everything possible in those situations. For some parts i also encourage the Player to save the game so they can try again. Cause there are some choices which will have a deep impact on the Story. Some will be obvious. Some will be totally random and wont encourage you to save. Most likely if i pressure the player with the Setting for one Route through variables i will have another Story which will then have its own Route. Which could mean i will have a Path for Laura which is already written due to the Events in Mikes Story. And another Story which wont have anything todo with Mikes Story.

I am not quite sure how i will write it yet though. I will try to get my head around it when im done with the Story of Mike. After i am done with that i will create the Renders for that story and release the Game as Betabuild. Before i decide to add more Story Paths.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So i was trying to work on some Renders today. Unfortunately i hit a wall. When i have my scene loaded and import the Characters it seems like i am not able to render the scene. It just gives me a Scene finished with an empty Render. Output of the Render Source is attached. Im gonna try to recreate all the Characters and the whole scene and hopefully it will work then but that will unfortunately take some time. Also DAZ is crashing a bit while doing that. At least i was able to do a Render of the Full Male Cast. From left to right

Simon, Ben, Mike, Han and Kevin.

And half of the Female Cast.

From left to right: Laura, Hailey and Jen. I decided to redo Laura cause i wasnt quite happy with her. As for Hailey i am hapier with that look now but not quite 100% there yet. I have to work on the Lighting also.

As far as the story goes i wasnt able to continue with it this week since i had some other Projects i was working on not related to VN which were taking up all of the free time i had besides work.

Edit: Imgur Link while normal images arent loading as described on the Frontpage.

• Red Heart

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
First three characters are recreated. Being Helena, Kevin and Steph.

I am not sure if i will stick with the new Version of Laura or if i will try another look again.
Tomorrow i will see if i can recreate more characters. I am still looking for the perfect Model to use for Lilly since i am still not happy with her look. I will also try to work on the story tomorrow and on the weekend. I am not sure if i will have enough time for it with my other project but most likely i will work on it at least a bit. I already have some ideas how i will resolve the Problem with the "dynamic" storylines. When i am done with the Story of Mike i will work on the Story of Laura to see how it will affect her and Mikes Story. So hopefully by then i will at least have her renders done for the first story.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Alright. I remade almost every Charakter. Except for Laura but i will have a look at her again. Here are the new and improved? Versions of the Charakters. I am really happy with the new Version of Jen. For the Male cast i didnt really change anything cause i was already quite happy with those.

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So after some hours here are some Scenes which will be used at the beginning of the Game. I definitively need to get into the lighting stuff. And Lilly is missing. Maybe we will find out where she is in the next Render. (I have to change her clothes at least. For the current model they dont seem fitting at all.)

Last edited:

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
So new Renders.

I finished the "New" Version of Lilly which i like way more. Plus the First Renders from THE current most important Place for the Story. Seems like we found Lilly. Seems she has something to think about. Plus Rerender of Laura and Steph. Steph has some new Tattoos (cause i couldnt find the old ones <.< ) Next week i will try to continue with the Story and make some more renders. Maybe the first NSFW one for you guys.

Ashbringer17

Nov 2, 2017
Good work so far!
Btw I think I'll just PM you if I have minor suggestions, I don't want to flood this thread as a conversation between 2 people, or it would "gate out" other ideas I think. And because it would unfairly boost the replies count :p

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Sure. Hit me up whenever you like ^^

So here are the first NSFW Renders. I am not 100% happy with the posing yet but its a start i guess. At least the Golden Palace v2 is working (partially for two of the Girls the Materials dont work will look into that another time though.). Hopefully the Renders wont take that long when my new Graphics Card is there in a few weeks/month <.< But lets get back to the (f)(h)appy Topic. Without further ado.

Also i havent found a way yet how to let the skirt get down to her ankles. I have to look into that too. Its weird if it just disappears tbh.

Last edited:

lordparcival

Nov 29, 2020
Another Screen from another Scene that MIGHT happen in Mikes Storyline if you choose so.

Also i will change the Bar to another Scene. Thought a Nightclub might be more fitting for this rather then a Bavarian Themed Bar. So i will work on that next.

Last edited: