VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.10.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Aaryn, sorry if bothering, but when you say on Patreon "Also remember to not use old saves or the game will crash..." do you really intend we have to start again from the very beginnig???

Reactions: Aaryn
Nov 9, 2017
Aaryn, sorry if bothering, but when you say on Patreon "Also remember to not use old saves or the game will crash..." do you really intend we have to start again from the very beginnig???
There are chapter selections at the beginning of each episode.

Also most recent version just hit public release

Reactions: Aaryn

laundrylad

Sep 12, 2020
I love how well-written this is!
There's actually some thought put into Braden looking younger. People develop at different rates and many of the characteristics you see the characters have, revolves around generalized anxieties about growing up, finding yourself, and comparing yourself to others. Some people are late bloomers and look younger. Later in life, they probably appreciate that but during this particular age demographic, that can be a source of anxiety. Braden mentions some apprehensions about that throughout the story. But it wasn't just about sex stuff. However, it is funny how people have a different take on how old he looks.
Apologies for quoting an old post but I must say, I went through the same thing as Braden and you really nailed the anxieties and insecurities of being a late bloomer. I think that's why i'm so invested in his character in particular. Your writing is superb!

Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Yeah, just to echo this: yes you technically have to "start from the beginning" but you don't actually have to go through all of it again. You can use the chapter selection or just click New Game and follow the red letters that say Update and you'll be fine. If there's choices from previous parts of the game that are relevant, it will always ask you a couple questions before it starts. This will essentially recreate your save file in a couple clicks and you wont get game crashes like you would if you used a save.

I love how well-written this is!

Apologies for quoting an old post but I must say, I went through the same thing as Braden and you really nailed the anxieties and insecurities of being a late bloomer. I think that's why i'm so invested in his character in particular. Your writing is superb!
Thank you. Braden is a complicated character. He's received some hate from some parts of the community but those are mostly just toxic comments from people that are obsessed with others thinking sexually the same why they do. I think he's a very vulnerable character while still wanting to be open at the same time. Plus, I think he just doesn't know how cute he comes across sometimes

the first "game" i played, very nice story... <3

for those complaining about the lack of sex, maybe they should go porhub, xvideos and etc...easy!

keep up the good work! (y)(y)(y)(y)
agreed. though it def has it's naughty parts

any compress version?
we'll have to wait for someone to do a compressed version. I don't actually make one anymore. I used to back in the day but the graphics were inferior and we've learned new ways to crunch the png's down to make the game about a 1/4 of it's original size so there really wasn't a reason to do a compressed anymore our own end. I'm cool if someone wants to mod it tho

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
Straight!? [v0.20.5] [Aaryn] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 3.83 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 855 MB
- - -

Original Mac Size: 3.80 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 821 MB
- - -

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
Good Day to all!

I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH THIS GAME IS A PERFECT MASTERPIECE TO ME!! I LOVE IT WITH ALL MY HEART!!
I just finished playing it though a while ago, and I promised myself that I'd share my feedback on this thread once I reach the end.

First off, A MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to all and everyone behind this marvelous work, to the team, the great people and the greater minds who put this project all together, You guys are the best out there so far. HANDS DOWN.

I've played quite a ton of these kinds of games, but to be honest, I'm more delighted and touched by the story of a game more than anything else.. of course I'm not going to lie, I love the sex and sexy scenes here, that's already a given I think...but what makes me fall in love with it is definitely the story.. and this story is powerful in it's own right and form. Yes people may argue, it's not something unique but it's not just about uniqueness, it's about how it moves you. And DAMN IT, I'M MOVED A LOT, LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES AND MORE OVER AND OVER.... I had to repeat scenes and dialogues that was just so chilling at its core..

All the characters ARE GEMS, I swear.
Let me lay it out..
ZACK - I think what made me love Zack, is that I'm a Zack myself.. and lot of people in this world may be their own versions of Zack..and they're struggling about it, when in fact and in truth, there's nothing to struggle about, because from the very start, all that you are and that you aren't and everything you feel, bad or good in the middle of it all,are valid.. WHICH MAKES YOU VALID. Love you Zack... Your words are now part of my life.

BRADEN - That person we always long for but fear we never could be with, but flip side of the coin, no one suspects to be holding the same hurt, the same fear, He's relatable, and it's very rarely that we get to have Genuine relatability with characters.. Braden I believe is that part of me that, will always be lingering with some kind of anxiety, a fear that won't go away, but at most times, it's funny how that fear needs to be there so we can move forward, that fear sometimes isn't always an anchor to hold us down, but is an anchor that helps us balance how we float amidst the seas of ourselves.. and Braden gave me insight on that. Love you Braden.

ASHLEY - DAMN HE IS OUTRIGHT MY MOST FAVORITE CHARACTER OF THEM ALL. His sass is the best of them all, He's that type of friend that I wish I always had.. strong, aggressive, doesn't take bullshit for anything or anyone, his character development was the thing I loved the most among the story.. and I never thought , an adult game like this, would actually make me cry a little, because that ending part with Ashley, really made me tear up... "how do you say goodbye when the time comes that you need to" I felt silly, because I had to pause and take short breather, coz shit my eyes are wet and red..
LOVE YOU ASH. I REALLY DO.

MIKHAIL - The Wisest of All. First time he appeared on the scene, never have I not liked this guy before til the end. Even when he revealed his flaws, you can still see the glow of his wisdom. Such a great character to the cast, Zack is this philosophical speaker in his thought, while Mikhail is the confirmation of the wisdom in and out of those thoughts, and perfect dynamic duo of the two.. it just pains me that he just went out from the story just like that... I wanted Zack to see him in the final scenes.
Love you Mikhail

OVERALL. I TRULY LOVE IT.
Story Progression, Atmosphere, Characters and their plot developments, conflicts, climax, you name it.. THIS GAME HAS A++++ GRADE QUALITY. and In the spirit of honesty, if this was not an adult themed game, shit I will still play it. and will still love it.

So wait, in the end...was that a suggestion for us to finish it on our own? or will there be an update some time soon? sorry for asking, I haven't read the whole thread here if there was information given about this

BUT THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. I mean it, I wish I can meet in person everyone who created this masterpiece. Have sit over coffee or drinks, talk, chill and be blessed with the beauty of their talents and minds. LOVE YOU ALL.

Last edited:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
said this before and i'll say it again, hands down one of the best games on this web. so proud of how far this game has gone
There's a lot of games on here so I appreciate that. Especially when it mostly caters to straight population. I'm glad you appreciate how far it's come. Hopefully when I finish up, I can go back and catch up on the beginning to make it equally as good.

Good Day to all!

I JUST WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH THIS GAME IS A PERFECT MASTERPIECE TO ME!! I LOVE IT WITH ALL MY HEART!!
I just finished playing it though a while ago, and I promised myself that I'd share my feedback on this thread once I reach the end.

First off, A MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to all and everyone behind this marvelous work, to the team, the great people and the greater minds who put this project all together, You guys are the best out there so far. HANDS DOWN.

I've played quite a ton of these kinds of games, but to be honest, I'm more delighted and touched by the story of a game more than anything else.. of course I'm not going to lie, I love the sex and sexy scenes here, that's already a given I think...but what makes me fall in love with it is definitely the story.. and this story is powerful in it's own right and form. Yes people may argue, it's not something unique but it's not just about uniqueness, it's about how it moves you. And DAMN IT, I'M MOVED A LOT, LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES AND MORE OVER AND OVER.... I had to repeat scenes and dialogues that was just so chilling at its core..

All the characters ARE GEMS, I swear.
Let me lay it out..
ZACK - I think what made me love Zack, is that I'm a Zack myself.. and lot of people in this world may be their own versions of Zack..and they're struggling about it, when in fact and in truth, there's nothing to struggle about, because from the very start, all that you are and that you aren't and everything you feel, bad or good in the middle of it all,are valid.. WHICH MAKES YOU VALID. Love you Zack... Your words are now part of my life.

BRADEN - That person we always long for but fear we never could be with, but flip side of the coin, no one suspects to be holding the same hurt, the same fear, He's relatable, and it's very rarely that we get to have Genuine relatability with characters.. Braden I believe is that part of me that, will always be lingering with some kind of anxiety, a fear that won't go away, but at most times, it's funny how that fear needs to be there so we can move forward, that fear sometimes isn't always an anchor to hold us down, but is an anchor that helps us balance how we float amidst the seas of ourselves.. and Braden gave me insight on that. Love you Braden.

ASHLEY - DAMN HE IS OUTRIGHT MY MOST FAVORITE CHARACTER OF THEM ALL. His sass is the best of them all, He's that type of friend that I wish I always had.. strong, aggressive, doesn't take bullshit for anything or anyone, his character development was the thing I loved the most among the story.. and I never thought , an adult game like this, would actually make me cry a little, because that ending part with Ashley, really made me tear up... "how do you say goodbye when the time comes that you need to" I felt silly, because I had to pause and take short breather, coz shit my eyes are wet and red..
LOVE YOU ASH. I REALLY DO.

MIKHAIL - The Wisest of All. First time he appeared on the scene, never have I not liked this guy before til the end. Even when he revealed his flaws, you can still see the glow of his wisdom. Such a great character to the cast, Zack is this philosophical speaker in his thought, while Mikhail is the confirmation of the wisdom in and out of those thoughts, and perfect dynamic duo of the two.. it just pains me that he just went out from the story just like that... I wanted Zack to see him in the final scenes.
Love you Mikhail

OVERALL. I TRULY LOVE IT.
Story Progression, Atmosphere, Characters and their plot developments, conflicts, climax, you name it.. THIS GAME HAS A++++ GRADE QUALITY. and In the spirit of honesty, if this was not an adult themed game, shit I will still play it. and will still love it.

So wait, in the end...was that a suggestion for us to finish it on our own? or will there be an update some time soon? sorry for asking, I haven't read the whole thread here if there was information given about this

BUT THANK YOU TO EVERYONE. I mean it, I wish I can meet in person everyone who created this masterpiece. Have sit over coffee or drinks, talk, chill and be blessed with the beauty of their talents and minds. LOVE YOU ALL.
I really appreciate the long response to the game here. I like how you'd focused on each character and what they brought to the table in your own words and interpretation. Thank you for the kind words and I hope the story continues to impress you with the remaining updates. Really hope I can do these character arcs justice. Stay tuned. Thanks again for writing this. It means a lot <3

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
There's a lot of games on here so I appreciate that. Especially when it mostly caters to straight population. I'm glad you appreciate how far it's come. Hopefully when I finish up, I can go back and catch up on the beginning to make it equally as good.

I really appreciate the long response to the game here. I like how you'd focused on each character and what they brought to the table in your own words and interpretation. Thank you for the kind words and I hope the story continues to impress you with the remaining updates. Really hope I can do these character arcs justice. Stay tuned. Thanks again for writing this. It means a lot <3

You're most welcome. Truly love your work. I'm so hyped to be hearing there are more updates. I can't wait, super excited about this. But hey, no pressure, take all the time you need. On my part, I can wait. Patience is grace when you know something amazing is coming your way. =)=)

More power to you as always.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
You're most welcome. Truly love your work. I'm so hyped to be hearing there are more updates. I can't wait, super excited about this. But hey, no pressure, take all the time you need. On my part, I can wait. Patience is grace when you know something amazing is coming your way. =)=)

More power to you as always.
hey, also... i'm not sure if i need to say this but i like being authentic and real with this project. I apologize that it took a few days to get back to you on your post. I respect that people write long posts and I really try to write something back as equally detailed so I try to wait until I have time to do that and sometimes it doesn't work out. Hopefully, you didn't personalize that. I read this shortly after it was posted and it just took me awhile to get a chance to reply. I did appreciate it and hope that the wait didn't translate into you thinking I ignored it.

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
hey, also... i'm not sure if i need to say this but i like being authentic and real with this project. I apologize that it took a few days to get back to you on your post. I respect that people write long posts and I really try to write something back as equally detailed so I try to wait until I have time to do that and sometimes it doesn't work out. Hopefully, you didn't personalize that. I read this shortly after it was posted and it just took me awhile to get a chance to reply. I did appreciate it and hope that the wait didn't translate into you thinking I ignored it.
Oh no, no need for apologies, it's all good. I understand, we all have our priorities and we attend to other things in our own respective lives.

I think I'm the one who might have overdone my words, too much length, sorry about that, this is me letting my world write my heart out, and feels like I could go on for ages saying how much I appreciate things.

But I truly do appreciate your work. I value all the things you've put into your project. So technically, what I also want to say is that I value you too. And thank you.

Again, no rush,no pressure, all in perfect time. You do you. =)

• Red Heart

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
I don't have words to explain how much I love this game.:love:

Been here a long time, and I really thought it can't get any better after Ash update.

Boy, was I wrong...

Ah well... Clinks the glass
May you love and be successful at whatever-the-hell you concoct up next!
:love::love::love:

mortimerX

Nov 29, 2018
thanks for the update, just finished it. was a little embarrassed by the shower scene and the next morning, as if I was there with Zack and Braden ^^. Not because of the physiological details of course, but because of the emotional details. Beautifully written and "drawn". Very surprised by the episodes with Ash and the absence of Mikhail.

the visual decisions in the episode in the bar are very great. the flower between the lovers, and the transfer of focus from Zack to the surroundings are mesmerizing. this is the way of real art, when emotions are explained not only with words. this is how not just good artwork is built, but the best. this is how Dune and Arcane are done ^^ You have done so before and continue to do so. It's great that you chose this path.

It's a little sad that the story is coming to an end. have you thought about releasing it on Steam? there are many visual novels, including those rated 18+. i think your game will be very warmly received. especially if it is released in several languages. the thoughts are a bit confusing, but that's from the impression ^^ I used DeepL for the translation, I think it's a little better than Google xD Anyway, as clumsy as my message was, I still love your story, and I don't think it will go away even with its completion.

Reactions: lawlawkagurL
4.90 star(s) 49 Votes