VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.10.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes

reknal

Oct 26, 2021
I generally like the game the CGI, the story and characater building, but in my opinion the fallacy this game has fallen into, is that less sexual content and slower sexual development automatically is better and lifts the story to a higher level.

Last edited:

PTHemlock

Jul 13, 2020
Am I disappointed with the lack of sex? Yes, but I get why it was left out. Though removing the "anal sex" tag is probably for the best.

risada_maniaca

Jul 26, 2017
Hey Risada
Thanks for checking in and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you appreciate that line I'm walking. Things will heat up before long but I feel like that line is important because it's a necessary step in most relationships. Since these games are fantasy...seems like it needs to be there. Much more to come :)
As a forever lurker and someone who probably won't comment on others games here. Let me just say that you delivered oh so much more than what was expected. I can't find words (and unfortunately neither the money and for this part i'm truly sorry) to express how much this is a marble.

In the beginning (many years ago) I was impressed by the line and balance between story and eroticism. But I was proven wrong and since a long time ago i've been head over heels with the story itself. You went beyond a game to tell a tale. Of love and grown. Congratulations and I wish you luck in anything you pursue!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tempesto and Aaryn

perles75

May 16, 2020
I think that considering the whole game as a "buildup to anal sex" is a great disservice to the story and a rather narrowminded point of view. In addition of being eyerolling because sex was CLEARLY never in the mind of the developer -I could have told you two years ago and spared you the pain.

On the other hand, I feel that "less sexual content automatically is better and lifts the story to a higher level" is a vibe I noticed and not appreciated that much.

D-Andy

Feb 13, 2022
Anal sex shouldn't be an obligatory "endgame" thing. Some people (yes, gay people) don't even like it and that's perfectly fine. There's plenty of sexual content in the game, just not this specific one and I honestly love it.

Every other gay VN has this type of content, let us have something different this once. The game was always so much more and I appreciate everything Aaryn has done with it. Don't ever feel like the game was "missing" something, it's not.

Arufuredo

Aug 9, 2020
bravo! this game is a little masterpiece!
The fact that you took a long time to develop the game can be seen and you see the growth of both your language and your vision, and bringing it back on the character you see a growth of thought of the character and his way of seeing things... maybe too fast for the character... but this does not matter there are people growing faster than others. I still think it’s a little masterpiece, but compared to the rest of the story... the ending was a bit fast compared to the timing of the game but I understand that it is difficult to have the same timing throughout the story. I understand your not wanting to put sex because the story was a delicate pearl in the middle of many stones, but you have the qualities and head to make a scene that is not vulgar but that continues to be consistent with the delicate pearl, I wanted to see them make love, not sex, as far as I’m concerned you could not put the explicit parts but I wanted to see their reactions read the words of an important step, that would be the final crowning of love and trust that the characters have towards each other. I understand the desire to leave a cleaner story but so I miss a fundamental step of growth, so I will remain with the doubt if they have ever made love and especially if it happened... what they thought! I repeat I am not interested in seeing the explicit act... I am interested in seeing their eyes one inside the other while they do it and how they reacted their dialogues etc. etc. If I were you, I’d just think about doing that scene with all the love you’ve used throughout the game without needing to please people who want to see sex, those games are already enough. But the choice is yours, and as I told you before you made a little masterpiece and made me cry on several occasions. Respect and love for you

Juuntaro

Oct 29, 2020
Thank you for this magnificent game, I was a little mixed for this last chapter, sometimes tired, other times on alert, because it spoke to me. But the epilogue is really touching. I would have loved meeting a Braden, when I was younger. ^^. Thank you again.

Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I'm sure the story is deep, it's a pity that I don't know English well enough to appreciate it, don't plan to add Russian?
I may look at translations in the future but not on this version. This is just the rough draft so I need to go back and fix the early parts of the game first. Then I can look at translations for that version. I don't want to waste people's time in translating this version because the beginning needs a lot of work still

Am I disappointed with the lack of sex? Yes, but I get why it was left out. Though removing the "anal sex" tag is probably for the best.
As someone else already mentioned, there's anal sex technically in the game

Reactions: mortimerX

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Appreciate all the positive comments and stuff from over here. I'm a little slow on responses so I apologize as well as not tagging each post directly-- don't hate me. I was kinda worried about ending it the right way but I feel good about it and it turned out the way I wanted. So far it's been an overwhelming success with more positive comments about this update than any other update yet. I appreciate the support and I continue to be humbled by the emotional impact that the project has had on people <3

I'm just ignoring the few people preoccupied with butt stuff since that was already addressed in game.

May 9, 2017
This game is the most pleasant disappointment in this forum. As I started to follow the game ages ago, I expected a raunchy college sex game. From update to update I first thought, now we will get the stuff but instead we got a very well written story. I didn't expect it, but I got it and enjoyed it very much!

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
This game is the most pleasant disappointment in this forum. As I started to follow the game ages ago, I expected a raunchy college sex game. From update to update I first thought, now we will get the stuff but instead we got a very well written story. I didn't expect it, but I got it and enjoyed it very much!
haha, ya know... this is a pretty interesting take on the story being a disappointment. made me laugh. Thanks a lot. glad it surprised you and that you stuck around until the end :)

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes