Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
A question, i'm confused AF, the 100% quality links until day 18 here are around 14 gbs. But the 95% link until day 19.5 just 3 gbs? Someone explain pls thanks!!
Compression reduces file size. 14GB becomes 3GB when you take every image and reduce its quality by 5%. The trick here is that the difference isn't really noticeable, for a couple reasons.

Sciencesciencescience, technicaltalktechnicaltalktechnicaltalk.

It's simple, really.

But you could also check the 95% vs 100% image comparison in the OP, if you wanted.

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Compression reduces file size. 14GB becomes 3GB when you take every image and reduce its quality by 5%. The trick here is that the difference isn't really noticeable, for a couple reasons.

Sciencesciencescience, technicaltalktechnicaltalktechnicaltalk.

It's simple, really.

But you could also check the 95% vs 100% image comparison in the OP, if you wanted.
Damn, compression seems like magic lol, Thanks for the info. :)

Reactions: Commander Booty

Mojumbo64

Apr 21, 2018
Anyone got the whole character sheet list? I am so fucking lost with all of the side characters of this game...

Or just the strippers from MC's flashbacks.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bloodguard

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
OK first things first: am I the only one who didn't find the roast funny? Even worse, who found MC's portion to be petty at best?

And Kasumi portion... I didn't like the character before this, now I'm hoping she's the culprit so Pandora would kill her. She's probably the one character I'd miss the least.

Honestly, Kasumi would not be even close to my choice of who to reveal Paige's existence even before this, and now I'm really hopping that change and we don't get forced to do that because she is absolutely and completely crazy. Her "Master and Aprentice" routine was highly annoying, but her actually drugging MC was crossing too many lines. After this, she is no longer someone MC can trust (not that he ever could) and he should keep any and all contact with her at absolute minimum... possibly even making sure he's never again alone in a room with her!

Speaking of who to reveal Paige's existence, I'm not even sure that sharing the news with Gigi is a good idea (sharing it with Sasha is almost certainly a bad idea since she's more likely to be culprit then almost any other women on board... with maybe 1-2 exceptions). Wish MC would reconsider that decision following the events of first half of Day 19.

The rest of the update was rather good and I can't wait to see what is that plan Bethany and Lauren have... and of course, I can't wait to find out who is that mysterious boss who's name keep getting blanked.

shadowcrazy

May 15, 2018
A sequel has been confirmed. This version will end on day 21, the day Pandora arrives, so will either end on a big cliffhanger from her revelations or will deal with the fallout from her arrival.
This is the worst thing I've ever heard if it's true. After all this time with this game, if we get left on a cliffhanger I'd lose my shit. I want the story to END, and if a sequel happens, that it happens ON Elysium itself or another story in the same universe. We've spent so much time building up all of this stuff and it's going to be so annoying if we have to wait even longer for it to finally conclude.

• Wow
Reactions: Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
And Kasumi portion... I didn't like the character before this, now I'm hoping she's the culprit so Pandora would kill her. She's probably the one character I'd miss the least.
I like Kasumi a lot, but I feel this way about Sasha. Would love to throw her fake ass out an airlock, Gigi too, while we are taking out the trash. :devilish:
In all seriousness there is probably zero chance any of the love interests get killed. Either the culprit has a good reason for doing what they are doing, blackmail/brainwashed, etc. Or more likely, it's someone we have not even met yet, who uses the drone for surveillance and has not even been properly introduced to the girls on the ship yet.
Killing a love interest would upset paying Patrons, and that's probably not a risk the Dev will take. :rolleyes:

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
I don't know. He basically killed a love interest with the sister choice.
Not really, you can make a path to choose the other sister. Also, pretty heavily implied that whoever was excluded will find their way back around eventually. Not saying it wasn't a bullshit choice, it pretty much killed my enjoyment of the game, but for Patrons, it is not really the end with either girl. :poop: They are still alive and kicking on the ship for the next however many years.

dood1e

Feb 4, 2020
Not sure if anyone has noticed or brought this up ***Spoilers below***

If Lira has a condition where she can't stop bleeding... WHY DOES SHE HAVE A LIP PIERCING!?!?!?!!?! end rant. sorry. had to let that out.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023

If Lira has a condition where she can't stop bleeding... WHY DOES SHE HAVE A LIP PIERCING!?!?!?!!?! end rant. sorry. had to let that out.
hes-right-you-know-morgan-freeman.gif
It's a good question that's always bugged me a bit.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021

Did your main account get banned, d00dle, or is this a different d00dle?

It's explained a few times, primarily in Day 13 and Day 18's laptop chats with Lira.

It was an act of rebelliousness toward her disease. Self-destructive, maladaptive behavior, while counterintuitive, isn't such an odd thing in the realm of a lifelong or fatal disease diagnosis, according to the research I did regarding Lira's paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.

A few examples: smokers who continue smoking after a lung cancer diagnosis or diabetics eating sugary, carb-heavy foods after a diabetes diagnosis. Some people will continue to strain their hearts with strenuous activities after being diagnosed with heart disease.

Why do they do this? Lots of reasons.

Sometimes it's addiction. Sometimes it's denial, or control, or coping, or depression, or other words.

Other words.

dood1e

Feb 4, 2020

It's explained a few times, primarily in Day 13 and Day 18's laptop chats with Lira.

It was an act of rebelliousness toward her disease. Self-destructive, maladaptive behavior, while counterintuitive, isn't such an odd thing in the realm of a lifelong or fatal disease diagnosis, according to the research I did regarding Lira's paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria.

A few examples: smokers who continue smoking after a lung cancer diagnosis or diabetics eating sugary, carb-heavy foods after a diabetes diagnosis. Some people will continue to strain their hearts with strenuous activities after being diagnosed with heart disease.

Sometimes it's addiction. Sometimes it's denial, or control, or coping, or depression, or other words.

Other words.
different dood1e. I'm the better one. =) also, i get it- I don't know which day I'm on so I may not have gotten there yet. I just found out about the medical condition. But also, she seemed really shake up about it and just seems like she wouldn't have done it considering the conversation that was had by MC and Lira over cereal.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023

Other words.
Was a paramedic for 43 years. There is no end to the stupidity of the things people with chronic medical issues do and do not do. They made me a very busy medic over the years.

Last edited:

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017

My theory: In the future they probably have painless laser piercing available which instantly cauterizes the wound, so no bleeding.

Reactions: MarsUltor

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I like Kasumi a lot, but I feel this way about Sasha. Would love to throw her fake ass out an airlock, Gigi too, while we are taking out the trash. :devilish:
In all seriousness there is probably zero chance any of the love interests get killed. Either the culprit has a good reason for doing what they are doing, blackmail/brainwashed, etc. Or more likely, it's someone we have not even met yet, who uses the drone for surveillance and has not even been properly introduced to the girls on the ship yet.
Killing a love interest would upset paying Patrons, and that's probably not a risk the Dev will take. :rolleyes:
No, it must be one of the current love interests. As upseting as it would be to fans of that particular girl, to have it be someone we haven't met by this point would be even worse. After all the build up we had it just have to be one of the current girls. To do anything else would be a huge let down and same would apply if it turns out the reason for it is blackmail/brainwashing.

Season 1 must end with one of the girls being reveiled as "culprit" and villain and others taking action against her... whether that result in "culprit's" death or even culprit running away and taking refuge in another part of the ship (one that is currently unavailable for others) it doesn't make that much of a difference as long as she is removed from lineup.

Bottom line, whatever dev does (killing one of the girls or making it someone new) it will make a portion of the paying Patreons upset... but I do believe killing one of the girls to be "lesser evil" in this scenario.

Not to mention that other devs had killed LI (Acting Lessons anyone?) and it didn't hurt them in the long run...

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
No, it must be one of the current love interests. As upseting as it would be to fans of that particular girl, to have it be someone we haven't met by this point would be even worse. After all the build up we had it just have to be one of the current girls. To do anything else would be a huge let down and same would apply if it turns out the reason for it is blackmail/brainwashing.

Season 1 must end with one of the girls being reveiled as "culprit" and villain and others taking action against her... whether that result in "culprit's" death or even culprit running away and taking refuge in another part of the ship (one that is currently unavailable for others) it doesn't make that much of a difference as long as she is removed from lineup.

Bottom line, whatever dev does (killing one of the girls or making it someone new) it will make a portion of the paying Patreons upset... but I do believe killing one of the girls to be "lesser evil" in this scenario.

Not to mention that other devs had killed LI (Acting Lessons anyone?) and it didn't hurt them in the long run...
Nah, it's been foreshadowed that it isn't an LI, so it wouldn't be a let down of the story. Why do you think there's a mysterious drone and sections of the ship people can't get to?

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Aaah, hence the username!
Yes the diving part came from 14 years of scuba diving. 2014 I blew my right ear drum out and work blew my right shoulder out requiring 3 surgeries on my shoulder. Both my ortho and ear doc were ex flight surgeons and told me my diving days were over.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Yes the diving part came from 14 years of scuba diving. 2014 I blew my right ear drum out and work blew my right shoulder out requiring 3 surgeries on my shoulder. Both my ortho and ear doc were ex flight surgeons and told me my diving days were over.
There's always snorkeling, though I suppose that's a little like saying to a pilot, "You can't pilot a plane any more, but you can ride in the back seat of a Cessna whenever you want..."

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes