Others Stranded on Santa Astarta [v1.1.0 Beta] [Doc Badonk]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DabtheGreat

Sep 9, 2022
I got to the hotel map, but it is red, does that mean i can't access it until more content is added or is this a bug or something i am not understanding? xd

Doc Badonk

Jun 8, 2024
I got to the hotel map, but it is red, does that mean i can't access it until more content is added or is this a bug or something i am not understanding? xd
More will be added later, I don't think that version had any real stage built for the hotel yet; the hotel is still being build in my dev build.

Reactions: DabtheGreat

John Joejohn

Feb 16, 2020
I'll see if I can add an indicator of being able to call the elevator using the call button next to the shaft, I noticed it's there in your screenshot but I might have released an earlier version where it may not work properly. All that said, the elevator area was a headache to build, and an equally large headache to debug, but I'm not sure I want to scrap it as a concept.
I like the concept of having to wait for the elevator while dodging enemies, but like others said there are multiple situations in that build of the game that result in softlocks. If you've already worked on solutions to that then that's good, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable section in the full release. Also the contact damage is something that caught me off guard due to not being in the previous demo. It definitely takes some getting used to but the first demo was extremely easy without it, so if your intention was to make the game harder then it accomplishes that, but it does feel like you have to give the women a wider berth than you should

Doc Badonk

Jun 8, 2024
Any chance of it being playable on MAC eventually?
That might be up to PGMMV and KADOKAWA/Gotcha Gotcha Games ... but from the way it looks probably not; they can't even seem to get game exports to work on the Steam Deck, which is a big issue for another (non-NSFW) game I'm working on. I might switch to Unity for all future endeavors after these projects are done.

spamfolde

Aug 13, 2017
Will there be more scenes with the knife throwing pirate lady? She's great but the lack of physical contact makes her feel like an incomplete boss. Unlike you count getting yourself and chickens shanked to be physical contact.

Reactions: Doc Badonk

Gopherdude

Sep 16, 2018
Will there be more scenes with the knife throwing pirate lady? She's great but the lack of physical contact makes her feel like an incomplete boss. Unlike you count getting yourself and chickens shanked to be physical contact.
I scrolled through the patreon a little while ago, and from what I can tell this demo is from October... and yes, that boss's scenes weren't implemented yet. That is the most recent demo though I think.

Reactions: spamfolde

Doc Badonk

Jun 8, 2024

I do have art for that and I may have implemented that into my dev build, that said, I wasn't sure at the time how well that character would be received so I didn't animate a whole lot of ero-moves for her but now that you've brought her up I feel like she will need more scenes and mechanics leading into those scenes.

Reactions: spamfolde

SquasheeJim

Jul 10, 2018
That might be up to PGMMV and KADOKAWA/Gotcha Gotcha Games ... but from the way it looks probably not; they can't even seem to get game exports to work on the Steam Deck, which is a big issue for another (non-NSFW) game I'm working on. I might switch to Unity for all future endeavors after these projects are done.
Well the game looks great, even I currently can't play it. Best of luck with your continued work on it.

Gopherdude

Sep 16, 2018
I do have art for that and I may have implemented that into my dev build, that said, I wasn't sure at the time how well that character would be received so I didn't animate a whole lot of ero-moves for her but now that you've brought her up I feel like she will need more scenes and mechanics leading into those scenes.
Mind if I ask how much more you have then the demo? Looks like you've been working on the game for quite a while... I like what there is so far, but the time frame doesn't leave me hopeful to see it completed.

Doc Badonk

Jun 8, 2024
Mind if I ask how much more you have then the demo? Looks like you've been working on the game for quite a while... I like what there is so far, but the time frame doesn't leave me hopeful to see it completed.
I totally understand. What I will say is that admittedly, there's quite a bit on my plate; I'm balancing this with another game project, freelance work, and regular work. Not to mention that besides the sound effects and a few enemy concepts, I pretty much created almost all of the content in the game: sprite animations, backgrounds, scripting, music, et al. I might consider paying a writer to fill in the lewd dialogue from this point on since that seems to eat up a lot of my time when I am able to work on it, I might also consider purchasing background assets to cut down on the build time.

Gopherdude

Sep 16, 2018
I totally understand. What I will say is that admittedly, there's quite a bit on my plate; I'm balancing this with another game project, freelance work, and regular work. Not to mention that besides the sound effects and a few enemy concepts, I pretty much created almost all of the content in the game: sprite animations, backgrounds, scripting, music, et al. I might consider paying a writer to fill in the lewd dialogue from this point on since that seems to eat up a lot of my time when I am able to work on it, I might also consider purchasing background assets to cut down on the build time.
Fair enough! For what it's worth, I do really like what we have here, and if the map is any indication of how much content you have planned it looks like it should end up being a pretty solid game. If it manages to reach a state of completion. Too many games have been going, forever and ever...

Basically I guess I've been bitten too many times by promising games that die. I'll look forward to more but I'm not holding my breath. That said, as some feedback, the only things I saw as issues were the softlocks during the elevator issue (Which I actually didn't experience my first time, had to go back and mess around to see that), the game could use some indicator of how to pick up the chickens so that you know you're supposed to, and demo-wise, being told that you've reached the end of the demo rather then a stage popping up that just does nothing would help people know they've seen all there is, instead of thinking something broke.

Oh, and when I got the life pick-ups, I would get the life, but I wouldn't get the visuals. So I'd only see 3, but if I took damage, they wouldn't go down right away because it was damaging 4 or 5 first, despite not being visible.

Spiezer

Sep 25, 2018
I cannot get past the first encounter where the woman says "Don't you dare make any additional comments on our height". It looks like there is an instruction box behind the dialog box, but I can't make out what it says. Can anyone tell me how to proceed?

Doc Badonk

Jun 8, 2024
I cannot get past the first encounter where the woman says "Don't you dare make any additional comments on our height". It looks like there is an instruction box behind the dialog box, but I can't make out what it says. Can anyone tell me how to proceed?
You're supposed to alternate between your left and right keys or left and right on the d-pad if you have a controller; I think in one of my releases, these instructions are inadvertently obscured. Some people didn't like being forced to button mash to escape, so I've added a few different options for trying to escape from holds in my dev copy. I will implement these in the next Beta and Demo release when I can.

Are the any plans for actual sex scenes?
There might be at least one ass related one in the Beta posted here if you lose to the lady in blue (Flora) in the second stage, without enough money in your pocket to pay and escape from her. Nigel is still clothed in that scene though, but I might change that.

Doc Badonk

Jun 8, 2024
I having a bug where the screen doesnt show any sprite when entering first stage.

Any way to solve it? View attachment 3747667
I'll take a look at this over the week, also I responded to you on another thread on another forum asking for details; my guess is that this might be an issue with PGMMV and it having issues with platform/os compatibility... not to mention that I've noticed when you try to open any game built in the engine from a language/locale different from the original dev's, it nearly always glitches up -- defaulting to your PC's language... which has caused a number of issues when I try to play a PGMMV from a Japanese Dev and I'm sure non-English based players might have trouble with my games if I continue with this engine.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote