Ren'Py Abandoned Strange New Bodies [v0.4.5] [Thinking Experiment]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
Could we improve the intro, or some of the instructions? What would help? :unsure:

Thank you for the feedback!
There are a couple of problems that I'm having, and they may not be legitimate problems, but rather things that I'm just struggling with myself:
1) Not knowing who is where. It would be supremely helpful if there was some sort of icon or sprite to show who was available in each location, rather than going somewhere, exploring, and then rolling back when the character isn't there.
2) A more detailed quest guide. I had a problem where I started the game and then didn't play it again for a few days. By the time I came back, I forgot what I was supposed to be doing and the little info the guide gave me did nothing to help. i.e Meet the guy at the bar to get a drink (what bar? the one at the wall? He's never there when I explore, so does it matter when I try? maybe it isn't in the game yet? Same problem with paying the debt. I made the 1,200 by working at the market, but then what? I couldn't talk to the assistant girl to give her the money, and I don't know who else to give it to. Maybe that's not in the game yet, either?)

Like I said, just a couple of things that I remember being frustrating, and the issues may be on my part rather than the games.

Reactions: Grelk

StrangeNewBodies

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2020
There are a couple of problems that I'm having, and they may not be legitimate problems, but rather things that I'm just struggling with myself:
1) Not knowing who is where. It would be supremely helpful if there was some sort of icon or sprite to show who was available in each location, rather than going somewhere, exploring, and then rolling back when the character isn't there.
2) A more detailed quest guide. I had a problem where I started the game and then didn't play it again for a few days. By the time I came back, I forgot what I was supposed to be doing and the little info the guide gave me did nothing to help. i.e Meet the guy at the bar to get a drink (what bar? the one at the wall? He's never there when I explore, so does it matter when I try? maybe it isn't in the game yet? Same problem with paying the debt. I made the 1,200 by working at the market, but then what? I couldn't talk to the assistant girl to give her the money, and I don't know who else to give it to. Maybe that's not in the game yet, either?)

Like I said, just a couple of things that I remember being frustrating, and the issues may be on my part rather than the games.
Thank you for the feedback! We're going to implement a system for more easily tracking main and companion quests so it's a bit less RNG. We'll also try and make the hints clearer. Based on the current schedule these changes should show up in the January 2021 patch. Check for it then! :)

obibobi

May 10, 2017
NO Problem for me there are Plenty of Games with Extremly Oversized Hentai Boobies go and play some of those :)
People keep saying this and yet you would struggle to find any of these fictional women with a body like Milena Velba outside of machine translated Japanese.

Also this is a sex game website so a lack of sex appeal is always a valid complaint.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
People keep saying this and yet you would struggle to find any of these fictional women with a body like Milena Velba outside of machine translated Japanese.
In the 'Quick Search' box on the main page, just type "Curvy" and open any of the games that appear. Also, follow any tags at the top of those games' pages. ;)
e-d

Reactions: Oghmios1337

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020

Also this is a sex game website so a lack of sex appeal is always a valid complaint.
"Sex appeal" is pure bullshit. Everybody has different views on what is sexy. You think grossly overproportionate women are sexy, and I think petite is sexy. Ragging on people for their preferences is a bit unfair.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019

"Sex Appeal" is different for literally every person out there. You can easily search for "Curvy," "Big Boobs", or "Oppai" and find a million and one responses for that. Some of them are even really good games/VN's. And no, not all or even the majority are Japanese. If this game's ladies aren't your thing, fine, feel free to move along and play one of the other games out there. Just don't waste our time trash-talking this one. There are those of us who prefer our breasts in the various sizes that Nature already provides -- you know, sizes we actually see in daily life. We're honestly glad to see games that don't focus solely on unnaturally-huge assets. Now hopefully the male protag has at least a reasonably-sized member, rather than a two-foot monster like the ones that usually are depicted along with those oversized boobs you were looking for....

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
And with all that said -- downloading. I'll give it a go later tonight and try to remember to write a review after I'm done with the current release. It sounds refreshingly different, and I'm always up to give that a try. ;)

StrangeNewBodies

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2020
Due to player feedback we've decided to do the following:

1. Implement a new system for giving players control over interacting with main characters (a button now appears when they are available).
2. Overhaul the intro and create a new questline to give better direction and a stronger sense of the world and story.

#1 will be in the upcoming patch, but due to the work involved in #2 we will be delaying release of other features and content - spending the entire patch after next focused on the intro overhaul.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Gray21

May 19, 2020
Looks and sounds interesting, i like the character designs, might give it a try but unfortuantely im not a fan of games with 2d art, mostly because it means that there will be only a few images in the entire game with slight variations, probably without animation, limited amount of backgrounds and camera angles, etc., and just reading without visual feedback is boring to me. Never the less i will keep my eyes on this one, and i wish you the best of luck.

StrangeNewBodies

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2020
Looks and sounds interesting, i like the character designs, might give it a try but unfortuantely im not a fan of games with 2d art, mostly because it means that there will be only a few images in the entire game with slight variations, probably without animation, limited amount of backgrounds and camera angles, etc., and just reading without visual feedback is boring to me. Never the less i will keep my eyes on this one, and i wish you the best of luck.
That's understandable. We went with 2d art so that we could establish a more unique visual style, as many 3d Adult games end up looking very similar and somewhat generic. The downside is that we currently lack the funds to get our artist to produce more than a couple of assets a month so until we get more support the progress will be slow.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

StrangeNewBodies

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2020
Also note to everyone: We will update to the latest build and post the links here on the 7th! Additionally, the storyline and intro quests will be majorly overhauled and that will be released on the 7th of February.

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
The stats view breaks after the foreman and the mining girl ask you to work overtime and ask if you want to work with radiation for more money. Also I have no idea how to find anything I've tried exploring everywhere to find new stuff but can't get anything. Is it RNG based?

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.1.4 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

StrangeNewBodies

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2020
The stats view breaks after the foreman and the mining girl ask you to work overtime and ask if you want to work with radiation for more money. Also I have no idea how to find anything I've tried exploring everywhere to find new stuff but can't get anything. Is it RNG based?

Thanks for the bug report.

Most everything is RNG via the explore button - but we are transitioning away from that to a more player directed system! There's also a quest tracker to give some general sense of direction too - which we are also improving.

Reactions: LionHeart131

RepeatsHistory

May 2, 2017
Have to say i like the idea of the game and the world its in. Still a little rough, but thats to be expected.
Stat screen gets unusable after the Foreman/Mining Girl event tho unfortunately. Hoping that ill be able to use my stat screen again soon tho so i can play more of whats currently released. Excited to see what the future holds!

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote