imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Okay, ima really loving this novel too much right now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
by the way, i kinda was expecting to see Nixie again, she will come back at one point?

Feb 21, 2023
I like how this game packages it's heavy lewd focus with the MC's heritage and all. A bit different but similar to how I experienced Oppai Odyssey. So the game definitely does not reinvent the wheel or anything, but hey, sometimes just doing old things well enough is pretty entertaining. Essentially a damn solid opening for a first game by Flynn. I like how its lewd and carefree but not completely empty in other departments.
Some reviews mentioned it being pretty anime-ish, which is fair, I see that but it can be fun. In think the game does not take itself to serious, which was a really good call for a trope and it really feels more like watching an anime. I hope this does not come out the wrong way but I kinda had to think about how some trashy movies are still damn fun if you let them :KEK:
It kinda felt like that, but don't get me wrong, I really liked it even if the character design and general presentation is a lot more anime than what I normally prefer (well design-wise its HS, right? It is what it is, but the character's personalities could be taken from an anime as they are as well)
I am personally gonna wait with reviewing etc because I wanna see a bit more about what the coming updates deliver in terms of overarching plot and the world. The scope has so far been rather local (the cursed village, or at least the goddess behind it being somewhat of an exception) and there is generally some room upwards. I would currently give this a 3.8/5 if i could, its btw more like 3.5 in the beginning and 4 after sound starts, its quite a jump in quality around there. Still has a lot of potential going forward, updates have been pretty crazy if I saw correctly.
Wishing Flynn974 all the luck for this (more than his 973 predecessors).
Cheers

PS:
Jk, seconding Nixie's return ;)

• Haha
Reactions: imadumb

imadumb

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
I like how this game packages it's heavy lewd focus with the MC's heritage and all. A bit different but similar to how I experienced Oppai Odyssey. So the game definitely does not reinvent the wheel or anything, but hey, sometimes just doing old things well enough is pretty entertaining. Essentially a damn solid opening for a first game by Flynn. I like how its lewd and carefree but not completely empty in other departments.
Some reviews mentioned it being pretty anime-ish, which is fair, I see that but it can be fun. In think the game does not take itself to serious, which was a really good call for a trope and it really feels more like watching an anime. I hope this does not come out the wrong way but I kinda had to think about how some trashy movies are still damn fun if you let them :KEK:
It kinda felt like that, but don't get me wrong, I really liked it even if the character design and general presentation is a lot more anime than what I normally prefer (well design-wise its HS, right? It is what it is, but the character's personalities could be taken from an anime as they are as well)
I am personally gonna wait with reviewing etc because I wanna see a bit more about what the coming updates deliver in terms of overarching plot and the world. The scope has so far been rather local (the cursed village, or at least the goddess behind it being somewhat of an exception) and there is generally some room upwards. I would currently give this a 3.8/5 if i could, its btw more like 3.5 in the beginning and 4 after sound starts, its quite a jump in quality around there. Still has a lot of potential going forward, updates have been pretty crazy if I saw correctly.
Cheers

PS:
the anime related thing is the thing i like most here to be honest e.e /// btw, the belt thing is strange, i'm really familiar with karatê belt sistem, so, this one is weird for me, but noting huge

EDIT: i'm familiar with this one, since have lots of others 1692307673015.jpeg

Sugestion Flynn974 make an introduction about belt system in early chapters, should be good for everyone became familiar with the "strenght" of the ppl there

Last edited:

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Cheers

PS:
Thank you! I like reading long messages like these cuz most of them have hidden feedback that could be very helpful, so thanks!

Errr... Soo...
Wow... 3.5 stars... So like 3 stars is avg according to f95, meaning it's just barely above average not even good... Kinda mortifying but thanks anyway XD

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
the anime related thing is the thing i like most here to be honest e.e /// btw, the belt thing is strange, i'm really familiar with karatê belt sistem, so, this one is weird for me, but noting huge

EDIT: i'm familiar with this one, since have lots of others View attachment 2859005

Sugestion Flynn974 make an introduction about belt system in early chapters, should be good for everyone became familiar with the "strenght" of the ppl there
Hmmm... Well but the MC's entrance to the ninja village was kinda like a transfer student coming midway through the semester, that's why he didn't get all that properly educated about the system so to speak.
And well, a clear image of the power scaling was intentionally delayed and is still intentionally ambiguous for a few characters for plot related reasons.

Feb 21, 2023
Thank you! I like reading long messages like these cuz most of them have hidden feedback that could be very helpful, so thanks!

Errr... Soo...
Wow... 3.5 stars... So like 3 stars is avg according to f95, meaning it's just barely above average not even good... Kinda mortifying but thanks anyway XD
As I said, the later parts are 4 if not sometimes better, please don't overlook that :p The sound actually makes a lot in setting mood and emphasizing events and could improve the earlier parts of the game as well I think. And all beginnings are tough. Lets not forget that was your first work on something like this. Many devs I follow right now have either rough starts or their first games were.... adventurous. I also like how communicative you seem to be, that's definitely good for a first games development path. Keep it up, I'm sure things will flow easier with time :)

Reactions: Cabin

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
After having played baldurs gate 3
Sera and karlach have awakened a new fetish in me
Red Muscle Mommies for the WIN !!! :love:

Reactions: PhantomRem

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Maybe the horror house sequence where you freeroam around and supposedly (WT claims so) can get a certain dialogue but only if you are alone with Candy. WT marks it C9.10. I remember that I couldn't get that either.
i cant find candy alone is this bug or something?
Aahh... That's what you meant. It just means Tamara is no longer with you. Only achievable in one way that's a bit hidden...
Here's the trick to it: (Spoiler)

4.70 star(s) 125 Votes