VaerShyr

Sep 16, 2022
Gonna knock up the whole family. I joked about it a few updates ago, but now another (potential) woman showing up with MC's love child...so good. Also, I don't think I'm supposed to be laughing through an H-scene, but Candy and Tor are just too good together. Thoroughly enjoying this game, thanks for your hard work.

Kramsz

Aug 30, 2018
I enjoyed this a lot more than I was expecting. Was kind of thrown off by the femboy Link looking MC at first but it grew on me enough. Hopefully he puts on some bulk at some point though. The early parts are kind of jarring with the sudden scene changes but it improved later on in that regard. Story is interesting enough and I like the horror themes. Though I'm glad you're adding sound and music not sure about the track that makes sex scenes feel like comedy bits. Maybe that's just me.

The girls are all really good so far. Good mix of personalities without resorting to making any of them unlikable. Good mix of looks too. If I had one small complaint it's the constant hairstyle changes. I know you're going for different looks for different situations but it works better if you let each character kind of have her own identity and way they usually appear. In a lot of drawn and digital media character's hairstyle can be a big part of their identity when it comes to standing out and drawing attention. Torr for example has pretty unique and identifiable look with her default (first) hairstyle. The other look she often has makes her stand out a lot less. Not saying to never change up their looks but maybe let them them settle on a main look that we mostly see them as. Just my 2 cents of course if you like changing them often go for it. I do hope we get to see Misty's first style again though, that was far and away my favorite for her.

Sex scenes are well done though I think some of them need a little more oomph to them. Some more speed and movement. I assume we'll get more variety too. I like handjobs in the bath and missionary as much as anyone but some spice is nice. Was glad to see we are finally making a proper move on the two trouble makers. Also glad you're not forcing the lesbian stuff, but you even did it right for if you do choose it imo. MC being the initiator and telling them to (y). I don't like girl on girl very much except in that context so I'll be checking out that content so long as the MC is always involved. One last thing since she's considered a LI I hope we can actually claim Nixie soon, don't really want her eating at other restaurants after dining at our all you can eat buffet if you know what I mean. Keep up the good work I'm interested in seeing where this goes. There was way more that was good to great about this game than any minor criticism I had.

SirPasta

Apr 8, 2021
Yep, i also killed her and i would do it again, only for the reason that it annoyed the incubus in speedos :whistle:
True, but same can be said for nearly all incest games. The classic ''oh no we can't do any penetration, that would cross the line/ or change our relationship forever''...as if other sexual acts are not incest, or you could just go back to a normal relationship as if nothing happened, just because it was only bj, titjob etc...

The only thing i find a bit sad is, with huge dick like the MC has, some belly bumps and cum inflation would make the sex scenes a lot hotter....i didn't even know it was possible in HS 2, until i recently saw it in another game.
What game is that? I'm always on the lookout because cum inflation games are kinda hard to find.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Obviously I am not the right person to address this but then Flynn doesn't have to reply much after this:D.

I enjoyed this a lot more than I was expecting. Was kind of thrown off by the femboy Link looking MC at first but it grew on me enough. Hopefully he puts on some bulk at some point though.
Most definitely because of limitation of the HS Studio, very limited good looking male models, which basically forced many developers to use the same one. IMO Flynn tried very hard to get the Incubus/Elf look while still appearing human. Good for you that you stick through. Flynn already mentioned that Zycris will undergo appearance change that will make him at least looks more mature.

The early parts are kind of jarring with the sudden scene changes but it improved later on in that regard. Story is interesting enough and I like the horror themes.
Flynn applied a different approach to storytelling in the beginning ( which I personally love btw ) but had gradually changed it to the normal format because the majority player base didn't like it.

Though I'm glad you're adding sound and music not sure about the track that makes sex scenes feel like comedy bits. Maybe that's just me.
There are others who didn't like it too. The sex tracks for Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 are different, and I guess there is going to be another one for Chapter 9, until he gets it right I suppose. It is a work in progress but the overall feeling and experience with the game had improved tremendously ( barring the sex scenes for some players ).

The girls are all really good so far. Good mix of personalities without resorting to making any of them unlikable. Good mix of looks too. If I had one small complaint it's the constant hairstyle changes. I know you're going for different looks for different situations but it works better if you let each character kind of have her own identity and way they usually appear. In a lot of drawn and digital media character's hairstyle can be a big part of their identity when it comes to standing out and drawing attention. Torr for example has pretty unique and identifiable look with her default (first) hairstyle. The other look she often has makes her stand out a lot less. Not saying to never change up their looks but maybe let them them settle on a main look that we mostly see them as. Just my 2 cents of course if you like changing them often go for it. I do hope we get to see Misty's first style again though, that was far and away my favorite for her.
IMO that is one of the defining trait of ( some, many? ) women, changing their hair frequently ( simply because they can with their long hairs, as opposed to men with normally short hair ), in addition to having wardrobe change every now and then. Okay, I must concede that I am not an expert on women either but those are based on my observations. I also agree that there women who doesn't change her hairstyle so that she can keep a certain identity or appearance too. But anyway, IMO each woman have their own personality and different way of expression. I think there is at least one women out of the 16 LIs ( and plethora of side girls ) which will not change her hairdo ever so often, while some are more than happy to 'experiments'. One thing for certain, if the NPCs didn't change their appearance it will definitely make it easier for the player to spot and identify who they are. For me personally, I love the change in appearance ( hairtstyle, clothes, etc. ) and I don't need a static images Gallery just for that.

Sex scenes are well done though I think some of them need a little more oomph to them. Some more speed and movement. I assume we'll get more variety too. I like handjobs in the bath and missionary as much as anyone but some spice is nice. Was glad to see we are finally making a proper move on the two trouble makers. Also glad you're not forcing the lesbian stuff, but you even did it right for if you do choose it imo. MC being the initiator and telling them to (y). I don't like girl on girl very much except in that context so I'll be checking out that content so long as the MC is always involved. One last thing since she's considered a LI I hope we can actually claim Nixie soon, don't really want her eating at other restaurants after dining at our all you can eat buffet if you know what I mean. Keep up the good work I'm interested in seeing where this goes. There was way more that was good to great about this game than any minor criticism I had.
Very much hope so they will be improved the more better and competent Flynn with the HS Studio ( and perhaps mods too ).

Kramsz

Aug 30, 2018
Most definitely because of limitation of the HS Studio, very limited good looking male models, which basically forced many developers to use the same one. IMO Flynn tried very hard to get the Incubus/Elf look while still appearing human. Good for you that you stick through. Flynn already mentioned that Zycris will undergo appearance change that will make him at least looks more mature.
Oh I'm definitely familiar with the curse of HS males. I for sure get what he was going for and credit to him, I'd say he did a good job on it. It was something different that took getting used to but I see his design as a positive. He's bit skinny for my preference but I'll take it over low effort too ugly to show MCs any day.

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Hey, guys. I know I said I'd take a break, but I couldn't totally stay away XD. I'm still writing tho. The chapter is probably gonna have 12 total scenes, making slightly longer than chapter 8, but nothing is certain atm. I've settled on a name. It's "Face Eater". Creepy right? I'll start with rendering once I feel like I've finished writing enough of the story for that, maybe some time next week. I have something else to share. Atemsiel , the dev of Stormside and I are gonna do a cross over. Nothing too huge atm, some of his characters are gonna appear and have miner roles in my game and some of mine in his. Why? For the glory of Satan, of course! JK, I think it'd be really fun tbh and I'm really looking forward to it. As ever, thanks a ton for the continuous support and interest you've taken in my game!
ch9.png
Some fun stuff Atemsiel and I made:
ezgif.com-gif-to-apng.gif
Final5.gif

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Really nice VN, MC actually has an interesting backstory and potential mystery to him, rare choice of race too (the big eyes weirded me out at first though) and cool looking transformation when fighting.

The LIs are varied and can't pick a favorite tbh, all are nice and look great , the clothing and hairstyle changes remind me of Eternum (would be cool to flip between outfits in the stats page).

Anyway, looking forward to future updates and keep up the good work dev. (y)

Edit: Would be cool if it showed how many LI stat points we earn everytime it's added (maybe you can already see this and I missed it).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hey, guys. I know I said I'd take a break, but I couldn't totally stay away XD. I'm still writing tho. The chapter is probably gonna have 12 total scenes, making slightly longer than chapter 8, but nothing is certain atm. I've settled on a name. It's "Face Eater". Creepy right? I'll start with rendering once I feel like I've finished writing enough of the story for that, maybe some time next week. I have something else to share. Atemsiel , the dev of Stormside and I are gonna do a cross over. Nothing too huge atm, some of his characters are gonna appear and have miner roles in my game and some of mine in his. Why? For the glory of Satan, of course! JK, I think it'd be really fun tbh and I'm really looking forward to it. As ever, thanks a ton for the continuous support and interest you've taken in my game!
View attachment 2582495
Some fun stuff Atemsiel and I made:
View attachment 2582497
View attachment 2582498
That bubble text/dialogue is a new feature in Ren'Py 8.1 and honestly it is amazing at least for me. It adds another dimension to the dialogue by using different styling and shape for the bubble, to express certain emotion or feelings in the dialogue. It also frees the bottom area, no longer hiding any important female body parts. Even without mentioning who the speaker is, it is very easy to tell who is speaking. Not only that, the bottom area is still available for perusal for general or narrator text that are not spoken by the MC or NPCs. Although, I have to admit it will add more work to game developers to make them right.

Reactions: Flynn974

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
This game has some really weird jumps in music volume
Yeah, sure. The musics and sounds are new addition to the game and still work in progress that needed tweak here and there. You could provide more details on your issues though, for example on which chapter, which scenes etc. I really doubt that it happened all the time i.e. during the same scene, same music, the volume jumps up and down erraticly. If that did happened, it suggests your device problem more than anything. Something so obvious like that would have everyone talking about it.

It is also helpful to know what volume level you set for the game and your device and/or sound systems. I played with headphones on but I kept the volumes at the friendliest level ( ~40% ) to my ears so perhaps that is why I didn't notice such differences. That being said, I am not going to crank up the volume up just to find out about these issues ( because it would be harmful to my ears well-being ).

It is highly likely the musics and sounds have varying level of loudness because they are free stock musics and sounds, and not specially composed music tracks or anything like that. But yeah, it might be very noticeable with high volume or I am just tone-deaf:p.

But yeah, another "Damn, if I do and damn, if I don't" situation for Flynn974 to deal with:ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: rKnight

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
This game has some really weird jumps in music volume
Yup. Renpy resets the volume at roll back and loops sometimes for some reason. But I think I have a possible solution for that, which I'm gonna try in the next chapter.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yup. Renpy resets the volume at roll back and loops sometimes for some reason. But I think I have a possible solution for that, which I'm gonna try in the next chapter.
Interesting. No wonder I didn't experience such issues, I played the game on "Auto". The playtesters need to start testing the game using different 'playstyles' to catch these undocumented Ren'Py quirks:p.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
can some one give me better Overview of game pls ?:rolleyes:
What more do you want to know:unsure:? The overview, promo pictures, tags, developer notes, FAQ in the OP are not enough? How about the reviews?

Or, you could explain what you like and dislike so that others can advice for or against playing this game.

• Haha
Reactions: Overlord070
4.70 star(s) 132 Votes