_SomeOneElse_

Jul 12, 2021
Reposting this for any one that wants something like a walk through mod... 0x52_URM tool will show what's behind story choices, as well story requirement checks that happen in the story.

Just place the tool into your game folder and run the game exe. A box will appear in the top left hand corner of your screen when ever a story choice or check happens....Then Just expand to see what is behind the choice.
Maybe just link the Universal Ren'Py Mod thread here: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-15-2-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
Or the developer homepage:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Great update. Loved a Oni fighting scene - good job to draw MC as still being ridiculously strong just being unprepared to that levels of toughness and so get a surprise hit. Really glad that dev don't followed some cheap isekai cliche when "OP" hero beaten for some time until he will remember that being "op" :)

Still some things are IMHO way too strange and I like to ask 3 questions:

a) How MC get covered by pile of rocks after Oni strike? That have no sense (cave collapse would kill several of them if not all).

b) How MC and Torr survived a magical blast? I could be blind but re-watched that scene and find nothing hinting on how they did it. After a battle they never speak about it. It confusing as it couldn't be a ninja barrier - you need to hit something with blade for casting it and MC was right on top of Torr.

c) Why MC don't used his flames or absorption ability that he used in illusion fight with shapeshifters? If he'd forgot about it due to stress - would like to see how his teachers are beating him for it in future updates :D

P.S. That's more like a minor flaw in game design but Centoria completely disappeared from the game since introduction of Oni fight scene. It feel like despite being one of core girls - dev either don't like her or still didn't created her personality. I'm speaking not about lack of sex scenes with Centoria - but lack of her presence in story. In a whole Chapter 11 she's in our party and doing nothing aside from a small dialogue about elves history so she could stay at village instead and that would change nothing.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Great update. Loved a Oni fighting scene - good job to draw MC as still being ridiculously strong just being unprepared to that levels of toughness and so get a surprise hit. Really glad that dev don't followed some cheap isekai cliche when "OP" hero beaten for some time until he will remember that being "op" :)

a) How MC get covered by pile of rocks after Oni strike? That have no sense (cave collapse would kill several of them if not all).

b) How MC and Torr survived a magical blast? I could be blind but re-watched that scene and find nothing hinting on how they did it. After a battle they never speak about it. It confusing as it couldn't be a ninja barrier - you need to hit something with blade for casting it and MC was right on top of Torr.

c) Why MC don't used his flames or absorption ability that he used in illusion fight with shapeshifters? If he'd forgot about it due to stress - would like to see how his teachers are beating him for it in future updates :D

P.S. That's more like a minor flaw in game design but Centoria completely disappeared from the game since introduction of Oni fight scene. It feel like despite being one of core girls - dev either don't like her or still didn't created her personality. I'm speaking not about lack of sex scenes with Centoria - but lack of her presence in story. In a whole Chapter 11 she's in our party and doing nothing aside from a small dialogue about elves history so she could stay at village instead and that would change nothing.
I was thinking about his absorption ability myself, and I think there's two reasons he couldn't use it;

1. It only works on "lesser" beings. The Oni seemed to be very much on MCs level, at least for now.
2. It only works when we kill something, we never actually killed the Oni.

So if we personally lit the oni on fire and burned it to death, we might have been able to absorb it, but as I said, I don't think it was a "lesser" being at this point in time

Aetheran

Mar 23, 2020
Just dropping in to say I love the sense of humour in this game.

One suggestion I'd have would be some on-screen indication when "timed" scenes are playing. By "timed" scenes, I mean scenes that auto-progress to/from an animation or into other dialogue, like when a character says something but is cut off by another character jumping into the scene or something.

I read pretty fast and tend to click through dialogue once I'm done reading the sentence, but if I do this during a timed scene, it skips the animation part of it (that I didn't know was about to happen), so I have to roll back and let it play normally to actually see it.

If there was some type of on-screen indication that I should wait before clicking because there's a timed sequence about to happen, I could notice that and not click once I finish reading, and just wait for it to play out. I'm thinking like a small red "play" button, maybe near the dialogue box, so people can know not to click through dialogue because it will auto-progress to the next one.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Oh, no the horror segments weren't removed in any way. They are just not gonna be there in every chapter.
I meant the game part - the wandering around finding clues until the player figures out what's going on. Would there have been something interactive like that for The Haunter and the Haunted? And if so, how would it have gone?

Machovich

Jan 25, 2023
I just started playing this game and I like the concept for this story line. Its captivating. I am only at the very begining but like it so far, please keep up the good work.

But when I am playing it, I feel that this game was written for people with short term memory loss or something...........Every few frames there is an advert page for this game letting me know just incase I forgot what game I am actually playing. I have never seen this displayed in a game like this before. Apparently for good reasons as every one else seems to know that a title page is for the very beginning of the game and NOT sprinkled in every few moments all through out the game. I just want share how annoying and distracting from the actual storyline this is. I would appreciate if these title pages were removed.

But one other small point I would like to share is what is the actual purpose of putting pages on lockdown with timers that will NOT allow any means of forward progress without waiting for say, a three second pause for effect. I mean what is the big deal that some authors have requiring people to not consume information at their own pace? I dont write storys, so maybe there is a piece of the puzzle here that I am unaware of requiring this sort of behavior. If some one knows of a good reason for this, can you please share?

Thank you.

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022

Centoria was a mistake XD

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
I meant the game part - the wandering around finding clues until the player figures out what's going on. Would there have been something interactive like that for The Haunter and the Haunted? And if so, how would it have gone?
I guess I could've added that, but it'd be a point and click thing. Not really that interesting if you ask me and not worth the trouble of coding it and making the player spend 20 minutes on a 2 minutes worth of content.

Reactions: AlexTorch

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
I just started playing this game and I like the concept for this story line. Its captivating. I am only at the very begining but like it so far, please keep up the good work.

But when I am playing it, I feel that this game was written for people with short term memory loss or something...........Every few frames there is an advert page for this game letting me know just incase I forgot what game I am actually playing. I have never seen this displayed in a game like this before. Apparently for good reasons as every one else seems to know that a title page is for the very beginning of the game and NOT sprinkled in every few moments all through out the game. I just want share how annoying and distracting from the actual storyline this is. I would appreciate if these title pages were removed.

But one other small point I would like to share is what is the actual purpose of putting pages on lockdown with timers that will NOT allow any means of forward progress without waiting for say, a three second pause for effect. I mean what is the big deal that some authors have requiring people to not consume information at their own pace? I dont write storys, so maybe there is a piece of the puzzle here that I am unaware of requiring this sort of behavior. If some one knows of a good reason for this, can you please share?

Thank you.
I used to do it between scenes to clarify that a new scene is about to begin. You'll see sth like this in fullmetal alchemist btw, which is where I got the idea. Anyway, I stopped doing it later on.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Started the game today. In chapter 2 there is option to go home or sleep in the school. If I sleep in the school, will the kidnapped event still happened in the future?

Machovich

Jan 25, 2023
Not to be the bearer of bad news but I thought I should update that I just downloaded "StrayIncubus-Chapter_11a-PC" and when starting from the 64bit.exe AVG detected, I think it said an IDA.Generic . Any ways it removed the .exe and placed it into a vault. If I start the 32bit.exe it seems fine, although I am not sure if I can play a 32bit file on a 64bit system without strange effects.

When I scan the zip files. I get no detects. /shrug

Last edited:

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
False positive. Antiviruses are quite paranoid about Ren'Py in the last months.
Just get the file out of quarantine.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Is there any irena fans. I am definitely not. I haven't forgotten what she did to mc in one of the route. She is evil and mc is not. Like oil and water they can't mix together.

• Angry
Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Is there any irena fans. I am definitely not. I haven't forgotten what she did to mc in one of the route. She is evil and mc is not. Like oil and water they can't mix together.
She is hot, I forgive her :BootyTime: + she has a link with the MC's past. MC will be able to learn more from her rather than his father (can't remember his name, Axius?).

Reactions: AnonW123
4.70 star(s) 136 Votes