3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Jadedone

Dec 6, 2020
He tried to say it was because Americans don't want to see female characters hit by male ones.
Final Fight released in 89 which means it was being made in 88/87 at the least. Back at that point it was still close enough to the time period where Americans would get angry morally about that stuff. By the time Street Fighter was being made and then released culture had changed just enough to make them think they could get away with it and they could.

That really is why Poison was a "dude dressed like a chick" for that one game.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
Final Fight released in 89 which means it was being made in 88/87 at the least. Back at that point it was still close enough to the time period where Americans would get angry morally about that stuff. By the time Street Fighter was being made and then released culture had changed just enough to make them think they could get away with it and they could.

That really is why Poison was a "dude dressed like a chick" for that one game.
Close.
Poison, and her alternate colored twin, Roxy, appear in Final Fight, in Japan, and also in the U.S. in arcades.
For or before the SNES port, basically for the above said reasons, they were replaced, only in the U.S., with the characters Billy and Sid, two mohawked punk rocker looking dudes, who spawn is the same places, have the same moveset, sport handcuffs, etc.

Last edited:

Fennik

Oct 29, 2018
Poison was, as far as I know, NOT intended to be a futa. She was just an ass-kicking female villain (with her sister). It was indeed deemed inapropriate to depict a male beating up a woman in the west (mostly USA), so they were replaced by different sprites, and where not possible they changed it so that they were transvestites so you were really "beating up men" (though nowadays THAT would be transphobic whereas hitting girls would be fine if the girls can fight back as strong women etc.). Later, the stories got all mixed up and Poison became one of four things: A woman, a transvestite, a transexual or a dickgirl...

As a straight male, I only find the first atractive, but I have no problem with games depicting any of the categories as NPCs. I do however find it frustrating that censorship keeps messing with the artist's original vision. And that is not restricted to Poison.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
Again, Poison is a chic. So is Roxy.
They were in Final Fight, in Japan. then here (U.S.) in the arcades. They were switched out for Billy and Sid for the SNES release.

The thing about them being trannies all goes back to someone asking, then asking, then pushily asking again, one of their creators about them being trannies, It was after lI think the third time in a row being asked about it he said something like 'she can be whatever people want to imagine'.

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
I kinda liked the original better, the only thing that made it slightly bad imo was how pathetic the MC was + his crackden of a house lol. Everything else was good.

The Subject

Jan 22, 2018
How much Menat content is there in this game, if any? I swear people sleep on Menat... not enough want to sleep with her. :p

EDIT: Nearly missed joke opportunity.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
So whats the contezt for the horse?
Didnt notice it before.
So the girls fuck around other cocks than MC?

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes