VN Ren'Py Abandoned Striking Pleasures [v0.0.1] [Meteoroid Studio]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Jul 18, 2017
Hi there, thanks for your interest. The game will have exactly the same level of progression. The only thing that changes are the dialogues and the overall story. Everything else will remain, including the sexual progression! :p

Special thanks to our dear team member for updating the software into the new version. :D

Thank you for your port, it's really helpful. (y):giggle:

Please try again, it's possible that you may have saved the link, but today we updated the engine, so your saved link may not work anymore. But they are all online. (y):)
all good, now I'll be testing your game :cool:

Reactions: Meteoroid Studio

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
the latest public post from patreon:

Hi there.
It's been a while since our latest update, but we are well, and working on the next major update for Striking Pleasures.
It's February, and although there were some special plans for Valentine's day, we decided to push all our efforts into the main game. We're all very excited with the upcoming scenes, and new characters are coming very well.
It's going to be a much bigger update than we originally intended, but we also agree that it's for the best, since we hold so many plans for the game!
Keep an eye out for our Road Map in order to check weekly development as we work to release an exciting update.

Thank you for your time,
Meteoroid Studio.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Of course this is just a small prologue, but the renders look good, and the characters are nice, mom is gorgeous, and sister is cute, MC seems like a good guy, I just hope there will be no NTR in the game, but instead there will be more romance. And i hate femdom and domination, I hope it will be optional

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
I smell abandonment here... it didn't attract any supporters for some reason, and it will probably be abandoned because of that. Dev should put incest tag to attract supporters

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I smell abandonment here... it didn't attract any supporters for some reason, and it will probably be abandoned because of that. Dev should put incest tag to attract supporters
You could be just right there.
Anyway, "incest" tag added. yet a curios thing is his/their locked "progress" post/s on patreon, starting with "Hello fellow Strikers...". By having 0/zero patrons it just seems wrong, or funny, if one interprets it as his/their monologue.

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
It is not fair that some games that are abandoned still get money and new promising games can be completely ignored. This site needs redistribution of wealth.:D

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It has little to do with this site, though this forum can help in promoting, visibility etc..It is up to the devs to attract support via advertising, communicating etc. Every (or almost every) beginning for new games is kinda difficult, bumps along the road are expected, yet if there is some quality and wise advertising, at end of the day, it usually gets some support, enough to maintain the project at least. Playing with popular fetishes also could help, yet that is not problem with this game.
Hopefully the dev will pull out through this initial struggles, as this game doesnt look bad.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
The game looks interesting but I didn't even know it existed until today, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's also extremely short so far so it's not that surprising that it wouldn't have any support yet, I mean, it sounds like it's going to be a game with a school setting and we haven't even seen the school yet.

And yeah, having patron-only posts when you have 0 patrons is probably not the best way to promote the game. :p

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Why support Striking Pleasures?

(...)

What type of content can I expect from this game?

Pretty much anything you want. To us, Striking Pleasures is a long project, in which we intend to deliver a wide variety of fantasies and fetishes, to accommodate everyone’s personal taste.
Meteoroid Studio just found this game thread, downloading now, will play it next week. After reading your post I wanted to give you a quick feedback, not as a complaint, but I think it might be useful for you as devs.

At the moment I only support one game, but in the past I have given some money to various games on Patreon or - preferably - SubscribeStar. I will probably not support you - at least not yet - and this has nothing to do with the quality of the renders (which I haven't seen yet, but the preview pics are quite nice), or the quality of the story so far (which I also don't know yet).
It's solely because of the "we will accommodate everyone's personal taste" promise.
a) I don't think you can, and b) I don't think it's a good approach.
a) "Pretty much anything you want" in my experience usually means that you will have a lot of polls. That way some kinks/fetishes will make it into the game, while others won't. There will always be people who are in the minority, and always be mutually exclusive preferences. Programming all these mutually exclusive storylines means that at some point you would have to develop many concurrent similar stories within the same game to keep everyone happy. This is not easy (to say the least), and will slow down development immensely.
b) I support devs who have a clear vision or plan which I agree on. I respect devs who say "My game will have the following kinks, it will have 12 chapters and projected development time is 36 months" a lot more than those saying "no idea where this is going, might have the following kinks, might not."
Those with a clear idea of what their game will be like will always push away those people who don't like it, but will attract like-minded people who often will stay loyal to the project. The other kind of dev - again, just in my limited experience - who will bend over backwards to please everyone a has higher risk that at some point they will lose interest and abandon the game, because they cannot really (any longer) identify themself with it. Or, even worse, they will drag on forever without making it better.
Summary: I support devs with a clear-cut vision of what they want and a clear story arc (including the ending(s)) and work on that without many compromises.

As I said, I will play it, probably some time next week, maybe after Easter, and will give some game feedback then. I just thought it may be interesting for you as devs to hear different users' thoughts. :)

edit: typo

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021
Hi there, thank you all for your words.

The team has reunited and we decided to focus all our attention into development of the next chapter for our game. It's currently 50%. We had a few step-backs. Our writer needed new glasses and prescriptions under confinement took extra long. But, everything is going well and smooth.

We decided that marketing, advertising and other communications would work far better when we have a first full chapter to show, and thus gather our very first supporters. Striking Pleasures is far from abandoned, and we're constantly improving and working on it.

We prefer to release a solid, engaging and interesting final update, than a rather rushed one. But we're very happy to see we gathered attention and excitement all around! :D

Stay tuned for more, and thank you for still checking our game! :coffee:(y)

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Hi everybody. I am the artist of this game. Due to an issue with our writer this update took longer than expected. In the future we will try to update every month for the minor update, and 2 months for the bigger update.
You can rest assured that we will deliver the best products to you by our very talented team.
Increasingly, the game will be more and more attractive with more diverse characters so that we can enjoy the moment in the game. The girls in the spoiler tag are an example.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Hi everybody. I am the artist of this game. (...) The girls in the spoiler tag are an example.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looking good!
One more thing, paging Meteoroid Studio also, to avoid confusion you might want to check your tags. Especially under "genre" in the OP.
Best to a) keep them up-to-date and b) only put in all the tags that are currently in the game. Then add another line "planned tags" for things that will be in the game in the future.
The OP is tagged with [incest] which should only be used when there is actual sexual content between family members (see: tags), but since there are no tags for any kind of sexual activity (hand-/footjob, titfuck, anal/oral/vaginal sex) I doubt there is any incest content in there at the moment. That should go under "planned tags".
That way you can manage player expectations better. :)
Take care!

Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I don't bring good news. Our designer had to leave the project due to personal reasons.
I'm personally looking for a new artist, to keep the project going, under the same quality we had originally going.

I deeply hope to continue this project, as it's a dream of mine to publish and share my story. As the writer of Striking Pleasures, I'm really sorry this happened, but we need to move on and hopefully good things will happen! (y)

Thanks everyone for the amazing support. I intend to take this game as far as I can, and will do everything in my power to continue it's development with a new team. :coffee:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I don't bring good news. Our designer had to leave the project due to personal reasons.
I'm personally looking for a new artist, to keep the project going, under the same quality we had originally going.

I deeply hope to continue this project, as it's a dream of mine to publish and share my story. As the writer of Striking Pleasures, I'm really sorry this happened, but we need to move on and hopefully good things will happen! (y)

Thanks everyone for the amazing support. I intend to take this game as far as I can, and will do everything in my power to continue it's development with a new team. :coffee:
Sorry to hear about your designer leaving, hope they are alright.
Good luck finding a new artist & may you be able to continue sharing your story! :)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

sorry to hear that, and good luck with your plans.
should this have "on hold" tag then?

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes