3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
While playing v0.4g, I reassigned an employee from stripper to sex worker when the law was passed and the rooms were finished, however the sex rooms were not yet active under 0.4g build (which I didn't realize at the time). Now even though she is noted as my employee and a sex worker in the general list of contacts, she doesn't appear under the club management list of employees. Since then she has stayed home and not come to the club at all. I have met up with her via text messages both at her home and at the club, but there are no work related options to fire her, reassign her, etc. (just for asking her out, making a move, etc.)

I opened a copy of the save file using a text editor and found her record, but since nothing looked obvious, I didn't change or save anything. It sounds as though this may not be fixable. I may just have to eat the lost employee slot (she counts as an employee even though she doesn't show up on the list). I'm clearing over a million dollars per week, so it's not a big loss or anything, just a bit annoying. I'm hoping to avoid a restart due to the length of time it takes to get all the laws passed, employees trained, etc. I have attached a copy of the save file and also a screen shot of just her record (I think). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
First of all, make a copy of the save file before you do any of this.

She's in unemployed, so her record is fine. The issue is that there's slot in some room in your club that's being used for her. Her id is 10850, so you need to find here in one of the Room records. Just look for lines that begin with Room, and then look for 10850. There's two options here: 1. she is assigned to room that's messed up and doesn't really exist and has no other people in it. In that case, you can just make a note of the room number (the number after the word Room) and then delete the row. Then look for your club (it should be a line begins with Club and has 32 as the second field). Then find that room id in that line and delete it.

That's the easy case. #2 the room is actually being used and has other people there. This may require getting a different editor than notepad. In notepad you can't really edit the special characters that are used as separators in the file. In this case you need to delete the 10850 entry and the trailing separator unless is the last or only entry in the section. In my editor (vi), it shows the separators as ^A, ^B, etc. If the one that follows the 10850 is a ^B, delete it. If it's a ^A then leave it. That may be too hard and easy to screw up. The other suggestion if this is your situation is to identify the other people in the room (the other numbers around the 10850), and firing them. Then you can delete the row.

Reactions: Tanuki Taro

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Ok, that's concerning. Did you had the Contact Allowed law passed and if so is still active? What was the last law that passed? I assume you didn't modify the law_types.txt file? Or try to add a law via the console?

As for changing a job when you are full, yeah I hate that I would change it if it was easier. There's some technical difficulty in making it happen and I'm stumped on how to do it. Every idea I've come up with tends to have a very bad side effect. But it's still high on the list of things to fix.
I think the last law that passed was allowing sex in public. The only laws left relate to drinking age and tax, neither of which I am that bothered about. I haven't adjested the law_types file or added a law via the console, but after the issues I had previously with laws taking longer to vote on and duplicating, I did use the console to get them to vote for which law should be next a few times in an attempt to get the laws caught back up with where they should have been.

I assume this issue with changing jobs when you are full is caused by when you try to reassign someone it looks to see if it can place someone in that role and sees that you are already fully staffed and has no way to allow for the fact that the staff will be reduced by one by them leaving the other role. I don't know how the coding works, but would it be possible to work around it, either by temporarily increasing the staff limit by one or by always having an extra staff space that is not visible that can't be used by new staff due to a conditional statement that requires at least two spaces to take on new staff. I'm guessing either would be difficult, because adding a new person to a job uses the same code whether they are an existing or a new employee.

lineguy74

Sep 26, 2020
So question why can I not reassign some of my dancers to strippers after the law has passed. I have room but they saying they are not qualified for any other positions. Thank you

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
So question why can I not reassign some of my dancers to strippers after the law has passed. I have room but they saying they are not qualified for any other positions. Thank you
That usually happens in the situation I was discussing above, when you have full staff, so 55/55, assuming you have every room built. You have to fire a member of staff, so that you can move other staff around.

Reactions: josephinewaters
Aug 30, 2018
That usually happens in the situation I was discussing above, when you have full staff, so 55/55, assuming you have every room built. You have to fire a member of staff, so that you can move other staff around.
Sad but true. In my current game, I now have the massage rooms, but fully staffed, so I need to fire someone to move staff to different positions. Think until I have every room, and every person where I want them, I will keep my staff at 54.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Do you plan to have more options for non-consensual sex? (drugs dependance, blackmail, home intrusion, ...)

For no it's not really useable. To test I maximized all my stats and attributes, raped a woman with -50 will and got the tribunal...

I'm not sure the willpower and courage are well balanced, with 99 will and cour on a woman with -50 will I can't convince her easily to have some sex acts.

edit: you may look for a good lora for penises :p

Last edited:

Joahndo

Dec 27, 2019
Something really wrong here can not rmemeber spending even a half of this on the club :
well it seems it is a part of revenue which does not make sense - i can make 1mil in a week with a computer worth 1000 destroying that computer does no make me to pay 300k for repairs.

1712321236786.png

Last edited:

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I think the last law that passed was allowing sex in public. The only laws left relate to drinking age and tax, neither of which I am that bothered about. I haven't adjested the law_types file or added a law via the console, but after the issues I had previously with laws taking longer to vote on and duplicating, I did use the console to get them to vote for which law should be next a few times in an attempt to get the laws caught back up with where they should have been.

I assume this issue with changing jobs when you are full is caused by when you try to reassign someone it looks to see if it can place someone in that role and sees that you are already fully staffed and has no way to allow for the fact that the staff will be reduced by one by them leaving the other role. I don't know how the coding works, but would it be possible to work around it, either by temporarily increasing the staff limit by one or by always having an extra staff space that is not visible that can't be used by new staff due to a conditional statement that requires at least two spaces to take on new staff. I'm guessing either would be difficult, because adding a new person to a job uses the same code whether they are an existing or a new employee.
You pretty much nailed it. The best solution is to have a separate code to validate a job re-assignment which is a pain and why it hasn't been done. (Although with 55 employees you should have someone quit on you relatively frequently)

Other than the reassign issue Neofolis alluded to, the other reason is a hidden job qualification check. This checks things like the character has the minimum age if the job has one like bartender, has a college degree if it's a manager job, is the proper gender for performer jobs that must be female or has lewdness high enough in the case of strippers and other roles that have this requirement.

Do you plan to have more options for non-consensual sex? (drugs dependance, blackmail, home intrusion, ...)

For no it's not really useable. To test I maximized all my stats and attributes, raped a woman with -50 will and got the tribunal...

I'm not sure the willpower and courage are well balanced, with 99 will and cour on a woman with -50 will I can't convince her easily to have some sex acts.

edit: you may look for a good lora for penises :p
There's plans to add a lot more content, yes. Courage and will are not relevant to talk someone into something, sociability is what matters. It also matters what she thinks of you, her attraction to you, your relationship to her, her other relationships, her lewdness, whether she likes that sex activity and a bunch of other things.

I've yet to find a good model/lora combination that works consistently enough on male genitalia. Not my favorite activity either so it is what it is.

Something really wrong here can not rmemeber spending even a half of this on the club :
well it seems it is a part of revenue which does not make sense - i can make 1mil in a week with a computer worth 1000 destroying that computer does no make me to pay 300k for repairs.
So this may not be a satisfying answer. Obviously it makes no sense to have damage that forces you to spend fixing something way more than what it would cost to build from scratch. The realistic answer would be having it cost you $50,000 and 2 months to fix it. But the club closed for 2 months is terrible for game play and one would put up with that. So the cost here is an abstraction of the money you would have lost for being closed for that long period of time. We still make you close the club for a few days so that it hurts a little bit.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I've yet to find a good model/lora combination that works consistently enough on male genitalia. Not my favorite activity either so it is what it is.
, not perfect but at least my MC won't have a micropenis anymore :)

Reactions: TotalFluke

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
This management style is just so daunting.

I have a cook and two bartenders (along with bar and a kitchen). My money flow is net neutral, what should I be focusing on to turn that to a positive flow?

Reactions: josephinewaters

abudirka

Jul 21, 2017
So I called the PI to investigate someone twice in a row on accident. But next day the PI showed up for both. A week later I did it around 6 times to a single target and pretty much revealed everything to know about them. Also worked a week after that by sending the PI to six different targets.

Reactions: EquineHung

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Any way to get a quicklist of how many staff each facility supports and what unlocks them? I'm over here building extra seating areas, dressing rooms, and locker rooms because it seems to be the only available way to open up more staff slots so I can shuffle people around again after maxing out at 19/19.
Little things, like if I have an office manager, a business manager, and a marketing manager, should I have three auxiliary offices? One? None? A locker room supports 12 employees, I can see that in the room_types.txt file. But gameplay-wise, are they necessary at all, or should I make sure to build # employees/12?
More documentation or tooltips would be great.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022

I have a cook and two bartenders (along with bar and a kitchen). My money flow is net neutral, what should I be focusing on to turn that to a positive flow?
Go into Manage Club, click on Club Policies and put your prices up. You'll be able to make over $1m per day eventually. You can't just put your prices sky high straight away, but you can keep increasing them over time as your club gains more fame, etc. Don't think in terms of what are realistic prices in the real world, just increase your prices and check the Manage Club screen after a day to see if you are making more money, if you are you can keep increasing them each day until you aren't, but bear in mind that you will naturally make more money on Fridays and Saturdays or any day where your opening hours are longer.

There may come a point where you are actually happy to make less money by selling less meals and drinks at a higher price, just so you don't have to waste time restocking as often.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
You pretty much nailed it. The best solution is to have a separate code to validate a job re-assignment which is a pain and why it hasn't been done. (Although with 55 employees you should have someone quit on you relatively frequently)
I've had 55 staff frequently for long durations and only ever had one staff member quit at which point I reloaded and she didn't quit. That would really do my head in if staff were quitting regularly. I invest so much time into each member of staff, opinions, training, improving their opinion of me, happiness, etc. I constantly have to resist the urge to build rooms and post jobs until I have the current staff where I want them.

I was also wondering, while on the subject of staff, are each new character's stats generated completely randomly, because there are times when I have a slew of job applicants with crap stats and it takes forever to find someone decent. Other times I'll have several with good stats together. There are also things like I'll get someone with great stats for a Bouncer, but it's right at the beginning of the game, so I'm not going to need a Bouncer for a while. I'm assuming, if it's not completely random, each new character roughly matches one of the character archetypes, but it's difficult to find out which with the limited knowledge you can gain from an interview.

Last edited:

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021

You should build a seating area and dressing room next and start hiring entertainers. Your money only starts flowing when you have strippers. You will likely need to sway the commissioners to get them to pass the necessary laws.

So I called the PI to investigate someone twice in a row on accident. But next day the PI showed up for both. A week later I did it around 6 times to a single target and pretty much revealed everything to know about them. Also worked a week after that by sending the PI to six different targets.
Hmmm, seems like a bug. Pretty sure that didn't used to allow you to do that. Will look into it.

Any way to get a quicklist of how many staff each facility supports and what unlocks them? I'm over here building extra seating areas, dressing rooms, and locker rooms because it seems to be the only available way to open up more staff slots so I can shuffle people around again after maxing out at 19/19.
Little things, like if I have an office manager, a business manager, and a marketing manager, should I have three auxiliary offices? One? None? A locker room supports 12 employees, I can see that in the room_types.txt file. But gameplay-wise, are they necessary at all, or should I make sure to build # employees/12?
More documentation or tooltips would be great.
Under Help there's some basic info about most rooms. Not sure it goes into the exact parameters that each room supports but it provides an overview of the room's basics. The next version will have an info screen to show you the actual parameters of each room. And once you build something the Facilities tab of the Manage Club panel would tell you how many people are assigned to each room and the max you can have.

The aux office allows you to hire the 3 managers, so you only need one (and can only build one). For hiring there's two limits: a club limit total which is controlled by the number of locker rooms you have (and a few other rooms also increase this total). This tells you the total employees you can have. Then there's the room limits, which limits the number of each type of job you can have. For example, each bar supports 2 bartenders, so in order to hire a bartender, you need both a bar with an open slot and a club-wide slot available.

I've had 55 staff frequently for long duractions and only ever had one staff member quit at which point I reloaded and she didn't quit. That would really do my head in if staff were quitting regularly. I invest so much time into each member of staff, opinions, training, improving their opinion of me, happiness, etc. I constantly have to resist the urge to build rooms and post jobs until I have the current staff where I want them.

I was also wondering, while on the subject of staff, are each new character's stats generated completely randomly, because there are times when I have a slew of job applicants with crap stats and it takes forever to find someone decent. Other times I'll have several with good stats together. There are also things like I'll get someone with great stats for a Bouncer, but it's right at the beginning of the game, so I'm not going to need a Bouncer for a while. I'm assuming, if it's not completely random, each new character roughly matches one of the character archetypes, but it's difficult to find out which with the limited knowledge you can gain from an interview.
There are two main ways characters are created. Most characters are created completely random with a few exceptions. The average lewdness of new characters goes up as time goes by. So when you are ready to hire strippers you should have more suitable candidates. There will be more characters created with college degrees after the first year as well so that you can hire your managers. The second way is when characters are created specifically for a particular job. These are then given attributes that are better suited for those jobs. For example, when your sibling tells you about a friend that would be good for one of your job openings, that character is usually created to be a good fit for that job. (Good fit is relative to people from the first group). Sometimes you get a bunch of crap candidates in a row just like sometimes it comes up red 5 times in a row. And sometimes you may get someone great for a position that you can't hire yet. It's just random.

The point of the archetypes is to create characters that have a number of attributes that are consistent in an interesting manner. For example, the "student" archetype is someone young, with above average will and rationality, who likes partying, casual sex, and is not interested in family or working (among other things). But there's no guarantee that it work out that way. There will be college students that don't like parties and want to get married. It just means that the RNG is biased towards specific traits.

Reactions: SenPC

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Is there a way to reduce the males number?

I did change the value of "female_probability" from 0.75 to 0.99 inthe config.dat but it don't seems to be sufficient.

Note that I speak of random and non-special NPCs, not the ones forced by the game.

Not YrBroom

Feb 9, 2023
After 11 months of game time, I have multiple job openings but everyone I talk to is "happy in their current situation" even the unemployed. What's going on?

[Edit: found a previous post that said club debt is a factor. I wish the response gave some hint as to why they're turning me down.]

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018
After 11 months of game time, I have multiple job openings but everyone I talk to is "happy in their current situation" even the unemployed. What's going on?
You've gotten zero interest after 11 months? I've had some dry spells, but not quite 11 months. Can't remember, but 8-12 weeks typically, and then you're sister/brother will usually send at least one person your way.

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes