3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I'm new to this game and it seems complicated. I haven't played the latter part yet. If I want to make all employees male, is it possible? Including the stripteaser. :LOL:
Actually no, the entertainers (dancers/singers/strippers/hookers) can only be female for now. All other jobs can be either gender.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
There comes a point where any of these interactions, even if successful don't improve OP. Like I said, I have even just messaged someone to say I was thinking about them and their OP went down, even though they replied. It seems to happen somewhere in 2026, almost any interaction reduces OP. It's like they're bored with me doing the same thing over and over again and want me to learn some new tricks. I assume there is a decay in the benefit interactions give, because it always seems to start high and then the more times you repeat the same interaction the benefit reduces. What appears to be happening is that the decay goes from a positive down to zero and then eventually a negative, whereas it seems like it should stop a 1, so you are at least still getting a small benefit.
This should not be. I just tried it with my most advanced saved (sometime in mid-2027). I found a character that I've known almost since day one and was able to sway them easily. And was able to do it via 2 different approaches (compliment one and gifting, a third one resulted in no benefit, which is normal). There's nothing in the code that prevents this from working if you do it too often (it should though!). But there's a caveat... if they already have a very high opinion of you (say > 50), then impact of those changes are less, so it may not appear to have changed. It could have gone from 50.1 to 50.3 and it wouldn't appear to have worked.

The other thing that could be happening is that sometimes the opinion shown is a bit out of date, specially if you haven't interacted with them in a while. So it could be 25, but showing 28 and then your interaction changes it from 25 to 27 and it appears as if it went down from 28 to 27. (I thought I had fixed this before but maybe not).

My next question is regarding changing opinions. Is it not possible to change every opinion of every character? There seems to be some characters that no matter how many attempt I make on a specific subject, I can't change their mind, even when they have 100 OP and are attracted to me, etc. I would make sense that certain characters or archetypes wouldn't budge on specific subjects, I just wanted to confirm that that is the case or maybe just a very low chance of success.
In theory you can change anyone's opinion to anything. The chances of the attempt succeeding can be so small as to be highly unlikely. The following are all factors involved in how easy is to change an opinion:
* Your sociability trait (higher is easier)
* Their willpower trait (lower is easier)
* How much they like you (the more the better), but note attraction is not a factor.
* How common is the opinion (liking something mundane like partying is a lot easier than liking something rare like public nudity)
* Your own opinion (it's easier to change it if you have that same opinion)
* Some "addiction" opinions (like drinking/smoking/drugs/etc. are harder to change)
* Their other conflicting opinions (eg. if they like conservative clothing, it's going to be harder for them to like revealing clothing)

I realize that how common an opinion is or which opinions are conflicting is not readily available. Get to know them as much as possible. Don't underestimate the importance of the "Talk To" > "Say Hi, idle chat" interaction, at least early on. That's a good way to build up your list of opinions (plus get to know others). Also never turn down an interview request from someone you don't care about. Use them to help you set your own opinions until they get fed up with you and leave.

But the issue may be running into may be someone that's just to set in their ways (strong will) and that's going to be hard to overcome. Strong will and/or low lewdness are the people you just need to ignore.

The next thing is just an observation. I found it quite amusing that one of the mobsters that I had been fighting all year and hadn't paid a penny to, took the time to send me a birthday message.
Ha! Hey he's just a softie deep down. (But thanks for the heads up, it means that not paying him is not making him hate you enough, need to make that modifier more impactful)

Reactions: Sunwolf and Artiour

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
in the job interview when getting to know someone's opinions you could only choose like, dislike or no opinion, you can't choose love or hate.
I'm assuming if you change people's opinions into loving the job they're doing they wouldn't get unhappy so often, and I wanna choose to also love every work so that I have same opinions as anyone else on jobs to improve relationship with them faster, is that a correct assumption?
also people choose the subject when sharing opinions and not you, whether it is you who initiated the talk or they did
Your assumption about loving every job making it easier to talk others to loving their job and that reducing unhappiness is spot on. That's exactly how that game mechanic is set up for. It also helps improve the relationship although that effect is much less and there are way more efficient ways to making someone like you than getting them to share opinions with you.

As for the interview restrictions, that's sort of on purpose. One can abuse interviews to get opinions too easily. The reason you can't pick your own opinions right off the bat is that then it becomes easier to change other's opinions and that becomes a bit overpowered. And that's the only value your own opinions have. Everything else you can do whatever you want regardless of your opinion of it, unlike the AI which follows their own opinions. In the Talk To interaction there's no limit because that's more random and you are less likely to get a good one that way, while the interview you can pick the category and rule 80% of the stuff that doesn't matter. Now, maybe there should be a way to let you upgrade it from like to love or dislike to hate. Maybe if you get a second chance in an interview - I'll think some more about this.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Version 0.4h is finally released. Links at the top of the thread.

No new image pack this time, however, the original Amber image pack has been updated. There were some pretty terrible images there that have been replaced. Also, a bunch of minor issues have been fixed (like neck/head connections, hands/fingers, hair styles not matching, in-game physical characteristics not matching image, etc.). If you do get this update, please make sure to delete the old Amber images first (the ones in the scw1, scw2 and scw_males1 folders). Do not simply rename the folders, they must be gone from the characters subdirectory.

Change Log:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
Oh neat a new update!

I had been meaning to ask though, is the passage of time changeable somehow? I always find myself on the map looking at places that say they are open but immediately close when I click them and I can only assume it's because moving there progresses a game tick? Just a minor frustration anyway.

Reactions: Not YrBroom

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Q for the Dev: are you planning to add a sex count tracking system to the characters in the game (for virginity kinks etc)?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: josephinewaters

Mmmh994

Dec 30, 2019
would love the option of remove/run out of town some characters in the game or even stright up murder lol

Reactions: 2524.
Aug 30, 2018
Can we just drop our old saves into the new game folder and just continue, or do you foresee a problem with that? I think I'm going to try to run a 4g save in the 4h new folder and report back any weirdness.

Reactions: Bon_Bon

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
I've started a 0.4h and am experiencing wierdness with the coucillors. They are agreeing on what to vote on, but the vote date is over a month in the future rather than the usual 10 days. It seems like this is just reporting wrongly, because as far as I can tell they are having the vote after ten days or at least earlier than it said they would, but then I can't see how they voted. It still says their last votes were choosing what to vote for. I assume this is because, although they have had the vote, the original date that they said it would be is still in one of the data files.

Aug 30, 2018
Version 0.4h is finally released. Links at the top of the thread.

No new image pack this time, however, the original Amber image pack has been updated. There were some pretty terrible images there that have been replaced. Also, a bunch of minor issues have been fixed (like neck/head connections, hands/fingers, hair styles not matching, in-game physical characteristics not matching image, etc.). If you do get this update, please make sure to delete the old Amber images first (the ones in the scw1, scw2 and scw_males1 folders). Do not simply rename the folders, they must be gone from the characters subdirectory.
So far so good, and I did run across some of the revamped images, and I am quite impressed with the changes in Amber version 2.

As for the game itself, I haven't yet gotten to even the VIP Lounge era (in my current play through), but I am looking forward to adding the new rooms.

Very happy with the changes so far, and especially for the sex interactions which show both characters. Thank you for adding Poly, as this will help players that wanna have a harem with less fuss. Cheers!

Reactions: TotalFluke

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
It gets worse. Apparently the law that was voted on earlier than was stated gets voted on again on the stated date, which then seems to cancel the next one that they were due to be voting on. The stated dates are 35 days ahead, assuming all months are 30 days.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
I tried this and wanted to like it but it is a bit too grindy and when I finally went on a date, with someone who had like a 90 attraction to my character, she hated everything, but somehow she agreed to taking it to a hotel, only for her to hate everything I did. I got her over 50 arousal and she hated the idea of me going down on her, then acted like my character, with a 7 1/2 in(19cm) dick, had a tiny one before just dipping out with neither of us getting off.

Game needs a lot more balancing, IMO.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes