3.50 star(s) 19 Votes

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
Stupid question, but do I need to make a clean install or can i overwrite the previous version?
Edit: also, do custom pack go into the characters folder or the mods folder?
And I see this string:
# The character image system
image_cache_size int 300
image_modules string scw # comma separated list of image modules to use

Should I increase the image_cache_size if I have more packs or leave it as is?

Last edited:

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I think I encountered a bug, or if not, not sure what happened:
I started the game recently, every was going well, got the singers allowed law in the first few months, then came the first elections.
Somehow, I got the result for the elections twice, not sure if that's how it works, there were 3 candidates, 1 old 2 new. The first election was between the 2 new ones. Afterward between the winner and the old one, the new guys winning again.
At the same time, or close to it, there were 2 votes for the next law to be voted on, both undecided.
After that, no more votes of any kind.
nothing on the calendar either, for months either.
Not sure what to do? Do I need to start a new game?
Thanks

Last edited:

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Your baseline health is based on certain attributes and opinions. When you get hurt, your health decreases and then it slowly moves back up to the baseline. You can get a small temporary health boost by working out and eating healthy. But if your health increases over the baseline then it goes down back to the baseline (. That's probably what you are seeing when you see it drop every week.

The only way to improve your health for good is to get the baseline health to be higher. The baseline health depends on your body shape (too skinny or fat, less health), and fitness (more fitness more health). Liking the bad habits (smoking, alcohol, drugs, junk food, unprotected sex) lowers your health. Liking good habits (healthy diet, vegan diet, working out, yoga, running) improves your baseline health. I would concentrate on loving the good ones and hating the bad ones as the best way to get a permanent health boost.

NPC's have additional logic to health that's dependent on their job but that doesn't apply to the MC.
Thanks again for the explanation, you truly are a cut above the rest for involvement with your users. A gentleman and a scholar!

My fitness(FIT) is always maxed out at 100 by the time June or July comes around. August 2024 at the latest. So is Endurance and Strength. It makes absolutely no difference in keeping your health from falling. Even when you start a new game and your health is 50 with no Attributes or Opinions selected AND your body type is Slim(not skinny), height is 5' 10. Weight at 202.

I would have coded it differently. Create a Global Variable(boolean) called WorkedOut. Use this to determine IF the MC has worked out either Running, Cardio at the gym, or swimming during the week. If so, no lowering of health points. However I do see the reasoning to apply a penalty for those body type that are Fat, Over weight, etc. Let's use American Football as an example: 300+ pound linemen, 250 pound line backers, etc. All healthy and under the scrutiny of the team doctor. None of these guys are on a vegan diet, healthy diet, etc. But they do have high protein diets and sometimes high carb diets.

I now have 6 play throughs that are never going to have a 'Health Baseline' above 41. I will have to start another play through just to select the appropriate things as you have explained such as vegan diet, healthy diet, etc just to raise the baseline.

I also don't like the fact that there is no way to deal with the Mob Boss at all except for fighting(which I don't mind IF health wasn't an issue). But it would be nice to be able to get a gun to kill them, or hire security to intercept them at the door. To me this is a huge negative. The game pushes the Mob Boss as an effort to allow the Boss to not only attempt to control your Club but also take advantage of the girls. In real life I would absolutely put a bullet in both their heads on their second visit. I will absolutely not give one of girls to the Boss to fornicate with. Or allow his men to be stationed inside the club. This will cause me to stop playing. The MC has to be able to permanently deal with the Mob Boss either by killing or arrest.

As I've told you before, I absolutely love this game however I'm finding more and more deal breakers the longer the time has progressed in the game. Please consider the Health Issue and Please consider providing a way to permanently deal with the Mob Boss before he starts trying to fuck your club and your girls.

caralho24

Sep 17, 2018
How long is the «cooldown» from hiring an agent till u actually get a job ? I feel like i simmed through a couple of months without anything.. when I ask it symays he is working on it. Anyone know?

Elpescador

Jul 11, 2017
So its been a while since I played this but how do you hire dancers? The council legalized them, I can interview them but no option to hire. Is there a special room? if so how to unlock it? I have a dressing room and 2 singers but it won't let me hire dancers

slouvugo

May 15, 2017
I think I encountered a bug, or if not, not sure what happened:
I started the game recently, every was going well, got the singers allowed law in the first few months, then came the first elections.
Somehow, I got the result for the elections twice, not sure if that's how it works, there were 3 candidates, 1 old 2 new. The first election was between the 2 new ones. Afterward between the winner and the old one, the new guys winning again.
At the same time, or close to it, there were 2 votes for the next law to be voted on, both undecided.
After that, no more votes of any kind.
nothing on the calendar either, for months either.
Not sure what to do? Do I need to start a new game?
Thanks
That's how the election works. The first one is the "primary" election to decide who will run against the person who is currently occupying the seat. The second election is the winner of the primary vs the current commissioner.

slouvugo

May 15, 2017
So its been a while since I played this but how do you hire dancers? The council legalized them, I can interview them but no option to hire. Is there a special room? if so how to unlock it? I have a dressing room and 2 singers but it won't let me hire dancers
Dancers occupy the main seating area so you need that and a dressing room, I believe. You likely have filled all your open spots with singers so cannot hire a dancer.

ssynergy

May 29, 2020
they have to be interested and willing to be dancers, you can kind of force them to be interested by only opening the dancer job and then considering people for a job.

ssynergy

May 29, 2020
Stupid question, but do I need to make a clean install or can i overwrite the previous version?
Edit: also, do custom pack go into the characters folder or the mods folder?
And I see this string:
image_cache_size int 300
image_modules string scw # comma separated list of image modules to use

Should I increase the image_cache_size if I have more packs or leave it as is?
custom characters go in the characters folder
1720594975678.png
and you need to add their modules to config.dat
for me it'll look like this:

image_cache_size int 300 # number of images to keep in memory
image_modules string dstu,scw,ccw,gar,nyb,exp # comma separated list of image modules to use

if you only have custom images of the 'gar' module:
1720595216263.png
then in config.dat it would look like this:

image_cache_size int 300 # number of images to keep in memory
image_modules string scw,gar # comma separated list of image modules to use

ssynergy

May 29, 2020
TotalFluke can you make a list of all the law_type_keys ? some of them are hard to guess when using dev_mode.
if this list already exists, can you tell me where i can find it?
thanks in advance

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
That's how the election works. The first one is the "primary" election to decide who will run against the person who is currently occupying the seat. The second election is the winner of the primary vs the current commissioner.
Ok, so that wasn't the problem.
Any idea then why no more voting on laws for so long?
It's been at least a month if not more and on the Calendar nothing appears for at least 6 more months.

kazet_x9

May 6, 2017

To install all the image packs at once, which is time-consuming if done individually, I have created a megapack that contains all the "official" image packs as well as those added on the forum.

For installation:
  1. Copy the characters folder into the main game folder(click on replace all).
  2. Open the config.dat file -> press ctrl+f -> search for "image_modules string scw" -> replace with -> "image_modules string scw,ccw,nyb,exp,gar,dstu".

3.50 star(s) 19 Votes