esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Anyone know what "Wisdom Max. Charges", "Dexterity Max. Charges" and "Strength Max. Charges" does?

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
Anyone know what "Wisdom Max. Charges", "Dexterity Max. Charges" and "Strength Max. Charges" does?
When you're in a dungeon, there are various events that will require a specific charge to make things easier, like skipping a fight or giving you a treasure chest for less stamina. That's where those charges come in.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Oh I see, I thought those events were unlocked by a characters stats or something when I come across them, makes sense.

cathjenny

Aug 31, 2018
Cali and the foxgirl-champion are also useless because of this.
I was thinking, since the rooms can be modified through .sav file, the character information should be able to be modified as well. So I tried it, and it worked.

First, find the character's name, then continue searching until you find "slave_class". Just like this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and change it to "slave_class":"slave1"

This works well when you have few characters and only need to modify one or two, but it can be cumbersome if you have many characters to modify. or you have a very complex character relationship, the name may appear in many places, and you need to find information that only corresponds to that one.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
Some moar bugs:
If you open the shop in the main town, then open a shop in millford/stonewhatever the button presses but the shop screen does not open, you have to click on the location again then you can open it.

If capture a slave with multiple slaves present then go to town and either sell or use them for thingy points then go back to the dungeon then capture another slave there is a random chance you get the slave but the slave still appear in the list as if you didn't get them, sometimes it replaces the slave name with "Name" and a picture of Daisy and you can get it off the list.

Sometimes if you get a dungeon and try to go to it you end up back on the menu screen, in fact the menu screen is always in the background for some reason, you can see it for a few milliseconds sometimes when going between character screens in the mansion.

The Ranger class is too OP in my opinion for skill you can get as a first upgrade, you get a Dog with 110HP to tank everything on the front line so you almost never have to heal.

Also the Thief class is now pointless, if you have some wits (i think?) you almost never fail to lockpick, well my main character with maxed Wits factor and magic almost never fails, opened about 30 chests and failed once.

If you load an old save file from 9 in 9c, then quit and start a new game all your previous slaves are still there on a new game, you have to exit the game completely to fix it, the game probably should aught to reset everything when it exits.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
I was thinking, since the rooms can be modified through .sav file, the character information should be able to be modified as well. So I tried it, and it worked.

First, find the character's name, then continue searching until you find "slave_class". Just like this.

and change it to "slave_class":"slave1"

This works well when you have few characters and only need to modify one or two, but it can be cumbersome if you have many characters to modify. or you have a very complex character relationship, the name may appear in many places, and you need to find information that only corresponds to that one.
An easier way to fuck with the pregen characters is to modify the pregen_characters_data.gd in the game\assets\data\ folder. You can modify all their stats before they're even spawned in so that they spawn however you want them.

Last edited:

cathjenny

Aug 31, 2018
An easier way to fuck with the pregen characters is to modify the pregen_characters_data.gd in the game\assets\data\ folder. You can modify all their stats before they're even spawned in so that they spawn however you want them.
Amazing! I thought these files could only be modified by GODOT, how simple it is. and I also checked other files, the characters spawned by the guild can be changed by modifying file worlddata.gd. but it don't seem to take effect on saved games.

Pawn&Void

Jul 14, 2021
Yea, I was stuck with the bug, but apparently it was resolved in the 9.0b patch. Redownloaded from the itchio page and it was resolved. Just a heads up in case anyone else comes across it.

Edit: Never mind, I downloaded it again and suddenly, it was the right version.
Might extracted an old archive by accident or something.

it's a UI change, you need to send someone to the dungeon you cleared in order to see the forget me option, it doesn't show on the dungeon page anymore, if you are stuck with the bug that the location cannot be forgotten even if you clicked the button then unlucky, either remove via save editing or reload older save.
View attachment 3708759
Any idea how to do this with the save editing?
I was already fiddling with the save files for some hours, but wasn't able to find the correct entries to delete/ set to false.

esoom

Sep 6, 2017
I would advise saving before capturing/selling slaves and forgetting dungeons. The game is a bit wonky and messes up randomly, sometimes you need to quit/reload the game to fix it.

Editing the save is a pain in the arse, the game seems to keep every slave you've ever captured in the save file for some reason, good luck trying to find anything in there.

Pawn&Void

Jul 14, 2021
Strive is a really nice game series that I enjoy a lot.
But, after playing again for some while now there is one thing that bothers me the most.
There are several routes for main/recruitable characters, but not several ways to achieve them.
This can make situations very frustrating.

And another thing: This is a more or less NSFW fantasy world.
Why the hell then can you only marry one person?
I mean sex with multiple slaves or people, and also dating and so on is okay, but monogamous weddings are a thing?
Or at least unlock the option later on, when coming in contact with other cultures in the game, where this is okay or sth.
I remeber that in my first playtrough back then I just married one of my liked characters, because I didn't knew it would become relevant for the story later on to let that spot free for someone.

There are just some situations, where you are forced to decide things you really don't want to, leading to deadlock situations.
Yeah, it is part of the concept of the game too, I guess.
I am okay with some slaves are not able to gain certain classes on hard mode, because of their base stats.
But situations that force me to read guides or replay the game, to get the outcomes I want are a bit annoying.

Oh, and while I am at it, just another thing I remebered:
I am not entirely sure about this, but if I am correcy, in Strive 1 you had butler uniforms and maid dresses, in this game only maid dresses, that basically transform themselfes to the matching gender on equip (in the character image).
I know they mostly are just for the stats, but for rolpelay reasons it would be an interesting features to have a broader variety of clothes, that get reflected in the characters screen aswell.
(Not that I care to much, I am currently replacing all Images with custom generated AI images, but for some other people or me 1 or 2 years ago this would have been a thing.)

I mean there are people either interested in crossdressing or creating trap or reverse-trap slaves, I guess.
Maybe this is just not the stuff the game is about at all, I get it, but the strenght of the game has always been customisation and roleplay that happend in you head.
And there are already futa charaters, so why not?
Could be a nice addition, if all the games story and mechanics are finshed, to add some more items for several roleplay reasons or different male and female clothes, acessoires...

Could also be an idea for a mod, but for now I don't have time myself to write one.

Reactions: Susan Xandera

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
But, after playing again for some while now there is one thing that bothers me the most.
There are several routes for main/recruitable characters, but not several ways to achieve them.

I mean sex with multiple slaves or people, and also dating and so on is okay, but monogamous weddings are a thing?
Or at least unlock the option later on, when coming in contact with other cultures in the game, where this is okay or sth.
I remeber that in my first playtrough back then I just married one of my liked characters, because I didn't knew it would become relevant for the story later on to let that spot free for someone.

There are just some situations, where you are forced to decide things you really don't want to, leading to deadlock situations.
I am okay with some slaves are not able to gain certain classes on hard mode, because of their base stats.
But situations that force me to read guides or replay the game, to get the outcomes I want are a bit annoying.

I am not entirely sure about this, but if I am correcy, in Strive 1 you had butler uniforms and maid dresses, in this game only maid dresses, that basically transform themselfes to the matching gender on equip (in the character image).
I know they mostly are just for the stats, but for rolpelay reasons it would be an interesting features to have a broader variety of clothes, that get reflected in the characters screen aswell.
(Not that I care to much, I am currently replacing all Images with custom generated AI images, but for some other people or me 1 or 2 years ago this would have been a thing.)

I mean there are people either interested in crossdressing or creating trap or reverse-trap slaves, I guess.
Maybe this is just not the stuff the game is about at all, I get it, but the strenght of the game has always been customisation and roleplay that happend in you head.
Could be a nice addition, if all the games story and mechanics are finshed, to add some more items for several roleplay reasons or different male and female clothes, acessoires...

Could also be an idea for a mod, but for now I don't have time myself to write one.
The real stupid thing about the Anastasia bit I never understood is even if you go out of your way to do the path where you don't enslave her the game still makes her a slave mechanically rather than a peon.

Reactions: Susan Xandera

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017

The real stupid thing about the Anastasia bit I never understood is even if you go out of your way to do the path where you don't enslave her the game still makes her a slave mechanically rather than a peon.
I never even bothered to play past a few days after the whole interruption to the city elections and I've been playing this on and off since it was first released! Ya'll motherfuckers are like unicorns right now, raggedy ass spartan unicorns but still mystical horn(y)ed horses.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik07/14/2024 12:14 AM

@ExperimentalAnnouncements 0.9.1 Experimental has been uploaded for testing (specifically new lilia questline(s))
Added Lilia's complete sidequest
Added new shrine type
Added character Lock rule which prevents character from showing in the lists of giveaways and factor sacrifices
Added a few more dungeon name variants
Rarity of legendary quality is increased by 250% (it's still low)
Changed formula for weekly dates and sex. Dates: 1 + 3 from master's charm factor to 3 + 2; sex 1 +3 from master sex factor to 2 + 3
Some improvements to inventory gui
Added some new monochrome arts and fixed some scenes
Fixed tutorial menu not working properly on other languages
Fixed communicative master trait causing rebellious behavior happen more often
Fixed wrong line appearing during searching princess quest
Fixed some missing gallery scenes and unique character sprites
Fixed an issue with reloading the game after defeat
Fixed an issue with leaving game to main menu and starting new one causing weird stuff happening

thgilkcalb

Mar 11, 2018
This might be a stupid question but where's Daisy ??? Can't find her anywhere, sent my MC and slaves to search for recruits but Absolutely nothing happen. I'm at the end 2nd week, how can everyone find her one 1st day ???

caju

Oct 5, 2017
This might be a stupid question but where's Daisy ??? Can't find her anywhere, sent my MC and slaves to search for recruits but Absolutely nothing happen. I'm at the end 2nd week, how can everyone find her one 1st day ???
In town... where you can select to go to market, church.. etc

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Its so weird its been half a decade and this tech demo is still all there is to show
I guess you fail to understand how this site works, they always or over 90% of the time leave the first post as it was when it was first posted.

It is no longer a tech demo but a game with a lot of content to be played.
Yes the mechanics have change and will probably be change again but still there is a lot of content.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes