1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
At the market? Unless you've started in Frostford, there is no food in that town.

Level: once their XP bar is full (a '+', will be displayed next to their names), open their profile and talk to them. They will make some request to fulfill (buy them stuff, let them rest a few days...).
Rank (slave ??? -> poor -> commoner -> rich -> noble): visit the slave guild, like a1fox3 said.
Are you talking level up or raise there grade?

How to raise there grade View attachment 599031 View attachment 599032 View attachment 599033 View attachment 599034

Fighting gains level same as working.

No punishment needed in this version of the game just the fear spell will do.

Yes you can buy food at the market in each town. View attachment 599035 top is food and the supplies are for more than just the house.
You can use 3 while out on quest and you can sleep and gain about 75% stamina and most if not all health but can only be done once each outing.
Thank you very much for the answers. After a while I got used to it. The UI didn't help, that's why I wasn't noticing the effects. Also the skill curve in the earlier levels is pretty high, if you don't have a slave on market that doesn't have requirements for the first question you fall early in the game.

The only thing I don't get for now is camping, but since the characters still move without energy it ends up not making much difference.

On a small sidenote, Cali is one of the most beautifully drawn characters I've seen in a while.

Reactions: scrumbles

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Thank you very much for the answers. After a while I got used to it. The UI didn't help, that's why I wasn't noticing the effects. Also the skill curve in the earlier levels is pretty high, if you don't have a slave on market that doesn't have requirements for the first question you fall early in the game.

The only thing I don't get for now is camping, but since the characters still move without energy it ends up not making much difference.

On a small sidenote, Cali is one of the most beautifully drawn characters I've seen in a while.
In the early part of the game if no slave in the guild meets what you need then go out and fight taken your first slave with you and only attack the 3rd group of bandits, they are the easiest ones but still hard. If you have enough money for another dagger go get Emily to.

Camping is good at the end game before you do the finale battle.

And yes Cali is the best for me to.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
I was going back reading the thread and am kinda sad a lot of people NOPE'D out on this game. There is a ton of management stuff and the modding community is amazing... but boy there are so many glitches/function that state one thing but do another.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I was going back reading the thread and am kinda sad a lot of people NOPE'D out on this game. There is a ton of management stuff and the modding community is amazing... but boy there are so many glitches/function that state one thing but do another.
There is nothing wrong with the finish game and if you are having problems then its the mods doing to you.

The unmodded game works great and is my fall back game when I am waiting on other VN/games get updated.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
I'm more referring to stated abilities vs. actual effect of said abilities (which can be looked up on other forums/the unofficial wiki), randomness of mutations due to magic toxicity etc., not "game mod" issues. To say there is nothing wrong with the finished game is just a tad disingenuous.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying the game is bad/broken/anything to that extent; there are just known issues with the vanilla game.

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I'm more referring to stated abilities vs. actual effect of said abilities (which can be looked up on other forums/the unofficial wiki), randomness of mutations due to magic toxicity etc., not "game mod" issues. To say there is nothing wrong with the finished game is just a tad disingenuous.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not saying the game is bad/broken/anything to that extent; there are just known issues with the vanilla game.
If you haven't already, I recommend checking out the bug fix patch, which is available on the first page. That should deal with most of the broken stuff, but if you find anything else please point it out.

I would be careful of trusting the wiki and forums, especially if they haven't been significantly updated in the last 8 months. I last updated the game-mechanics pages for the wiki for v0.5.23c, and besides a few corrections added by others it has become a bit out of date. Many of the differences between stated effect and actual effect have been remedied since then.

Again, if you spot any problems, point them out, as I don't spend as much time playing as the community. Though, unless you carefully look through the code, you are unlikely to notice most of the remaining differences.

I try to keep an eye on this thread, but and are better places for reporting problems.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I ran into a not enough memory problem anyway to fix?
Depends, how did you discover that not enough memory was the problem? If it was an error message like:
ERROR: Message queue out of memory. Try increasing 'message_queue_size_kb' in project settings.
Then the problem isn't a lack of physical memory but project allocated memory, as this means that the game tried to create too many GUI objects in a single instant. This is probably fixable by editing a script to add some code to change it(not yet written or attempted) or by removing pictures from your portraits or bodies folders. Unless you have hundreds of slaves in your mansion, at which point you simply have to edit your save file to delete some.

If it's a hardware limit encountered during or after assigning images to characters, then enable the use of thumbnails for images in the settings menu. Also the game doesn't automatically release the memory used for images when manually browsing and selecting images in-game, either restart the game or open the image selection for the other type(portraits vs bodies) to clear out the images.

If it's a hardware limit not related to manually assigning images to character, then your simplest option may be to have the OS use virtual memory.

Onlinelock

Jun 2, 2018
Depends, how did you discover that not enough memory was the problem? If it was an error message like:

Then the problem isn't a lack of physical memory but project allocated memory, as this means that the game tried to create too many GUI objects in a single instant. This is probably fixable by editing a script to add some code to change it(not yet written or attempted) or by removing pictures from your portraits or bodies folders. Unless you have hundreds of slaves in your mansion, at which point you simply have to edit your save file to delete some.

If it's a hardware limit encountered during or after assigning images to characters, then enable the use of thumbnails for images in the settings menu. Also the game doesn't automatically release the memory used for images when manually browsing and selecting images in-game, either restart the game or open the image selection for the other type(portraits vs bodies) to clear out the images.

If it's a hardware limit not related to manually assigning images to character, then your simplest option may be to have the OS use virtual memory.
thanks it is the project allocated memory will try that work around for the images

Yurifan

Jun 30, 2018
Hello guys, i have a problem with the custom pictures in the game. I have 1 picture in portrait folder, 1 picture in bodies folder and 1 picture in exposed folder. bodies and portraits are working just fine, but it never changes to the picture from the exposed folder in sex scenes. All 3 pics have the same name. what could be the problem?

And an other problem... 98% of the random piictures for new created characters does not match with the description of the character. mostly hair and eye color are completely wrong.

ps. english is not my native, so i hope you can understand xD

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hello guys, i have a problem with the custom pictures in the game. I have 1 picture in portrait folder, 1 picture in bodies folder and 1 picture in exposed folder. bodies and portraits are working just fine, but it never changes to the picture from the exposed folder in sex scenes. All 3 pics have the same name. what could be the problem?

And an other problem... 98% of the random piictures for new created characters does not match with the description of the character. mostly hair and eye color are completely wrong.

ps. english is not my native, so i hope you can understand xD
The vanilla game only uses portraits and bodies. Exposed may be included for the player to chose or for a mod to use. It will only check for the race of the character, otherwise it will be completely random.

There is an improved random portraits mod on the itch.io forums which will assign scores to pictures based on how the picture's tags match the person and use a weighted random. There is a specific list of tags that must be used.

Mar 27, 2019
Did the cheat code thing change for this game because Cheat code: fkfynroh does not seem to work now? played it just the other day and the cheat worked but doesn't now ....

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Did the cheat code thing change for this game because Cheat code: fkfynroh does not seem to work now? played it just the other day and the cheat worked but doesn't now ....
You probably made a mistake, there have been no changes to that section for quite a few versions. It does a simple literal string comparison, so if it accidentally included a space while entering it then it won't work.

Reactions: a1fox3
Mar 27, 2019
You probably made a mistake, there have been no changes to that section for quite a few versions. It does a simple literal string comparison, so if it accidentally included a space while entering it then it won't work.
ok I will try it again maybe I made a mistake... thanks

Yurifan

Jun 30, 2018
There is an improved random portraits mod on the itch.io forums which will assign scores to pictures based on how the picture's tags match the person and use a weighted random. There is a specific list of tags that must be used.
i allready have the random portraits mod but it seems like it is only half working. how do the tags work? I don´t want to add the pictures for a random person but for my first slave.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
i allready have the random portraits mod but it seems like it is only half working. how do the tags work? I don´t want to add the pictures for a random person but for my first slave.
The game comes with random portrait assignment, though it will not assign body images. So there is a good change that the mod is not even half working.

You should confirm that the mod is correctly installed. When you select a slave and press Customization there should be a "Random Portrait" button. If not, then the mod is either not installed or has some conflicts with another mod. If the mod is listed as anything other than "randomportraits" in the mod menu, then it is either inside one too many folders or you renamed a folder.

The tags generally use strings found in the game, though there are some custom tags, which he explains in info.txt of the mod. The mod will use the relative path from the starting folder(portraits or bodies) to the image along with the image name when searching for tags.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
If you haven't already, I recommend checking out the bug fix patch, which is available on the first page. That should deal with most of the broken stuff, but if you find anything else please point it out.

I would be careful of trusting the wiki and forums, especially if they haven't been significantly updated in the last 8 months. I last updated the game-mechanics pages for the wiki for v0.5.23c, and besides a few corrections added by others it has become a bit out of date. Many of the differences between stated effect and actual effect have been remedied since then.

Again, if you spot any problems, point them out, as I don't spend as much time playing as the community. Though, unless you carefully look through the code, you are unlikely to notice most of the remaining differences.

I try to keep an eye on this thread, but and are better places for reporting problems.
Already have the bug fix patch. Will report any issues on both threads, I DL'ed a few mods from there already in the past but haven't registered to post. I'll double check some of the other Strive forum threads and verify if any of the stuff I encountered have been patched or are just quirks of the game.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Wow not sure how I never heard of this game until yesterday, I played it for many hours.
Good Slave Maker feels, I prefer more pictures but text based can still be great and this is one of those so far as I am.

Question, how essential is that bug fix? I haven't come across any issues at all so far and I played the game for like 5 hours.
Are there any really game breaking bugs I need to patch?

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes