• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

The Butler

May 3, 2017
This is a compilation of my previous packs released here but with some changes.
Removed portraits without pairs, fixed images with black background, and some other stuff.

•••••• Strive for Girls •••••• (Compatible with Random Portrait mod)
DOWNLOAD - G.Drive
Install : Extract at....
Short Path - %appdata%\Strive for Power
Long Path - C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Strive for Power
Total File Count: 578 pairs

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Another question, how does one go about unlocking sex actions? I keep seeing it referenced here and in the wiki, but I can't find any actual instruction...

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Another question, how does one go about unlocking sex actions? I keep seeing it referenced here and in the wiki, but I can't find any actual instruction...
Mainly, it's an ambiguous and outdated way of stating a requirement that has probably changed a few times. I don't know the full history of the concepts of "unlocked sex actions" or "unlocked advanced sex actions", but at the moment it can be understood as meaning "this person does not have high enough lewdness stat" (15 or 45 for jobs). This can be remedied by having consensual sex with that slave with the goal being to have them participate in a large number of actions that they enjoyed. 1 or 2 interactions should be sufficient for most requirements.

The concept of unlocking actions has a slightly different meaning during sexual interactions as there are a various levels to unlocking sexual actions. Subduing slaves, lowering their resistance, and raising lewdness above 50.

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Couple more questions

1. How does one go about assigning sex jobs? i don't see anything listed
2. How does rope recovery work? I notice that when I capture people, I usually (but not always) get the rope back that was used. It doesn't make much sense to me to not get it back (it's a rope after all).

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Couple more questions

1. How does one go about assigning sex jobs? i don't see anything listed
2. How does rope recovery work? I notice that when I capture people, I usually (but not always) get the rope back that was used. It doesn't make much sense to me to not get it back (it's a rope after all).
1. Go to the Brothel in town( found in the Red Lantern District), request that your slaves can work there, and complete the side quest(any type of elf will work). Note, not every race can do sex work and not every slave will agree to do it(depends on traits or quest line status).

2. Prior to version 1.0, ropes cost 15 gold and were never returned, unless using certain mods. As of 1.0, ropes cost 50 gold and have a global durability(one value for all ropes owned by the player), which starts at 100% and subtracts 10% for each use(5% during sex). The decrease only effects the next use, so a rope is guaranteed to never break when fresh. In 1.0b, I fixed some cases where ropes could disappear without breaking.

My goal for this system was to avoid significantly changing the balance of the game and allow ropes to be used more than once. I tried to achieve this by ensuring that the average re-use case has a similar gold cost to the single use (ignoring the cost during sex, which is generally much lower than before). I also tried to avoid having a high cost worst case. The worst case(10% of total cases) is breakage after 2 uses, which has a cost of 25 gold per use. The average case(21% and 20% of total cases) should be breakage after 4 or 5 uses, which have costs of 12.5 or 10 gold per use. Getting more than 7 uses from the rope is rather unlikely(6% of total cases). The average cost of rope across all cases is 12.49 gold per use, but the players will generally feel that this is biased more towards the less favorable cases because they will tend to notice it more when they are unlucky.

edit: clarification of cases and added a bit more

Last edited:
Reactions: QwertyTheMad

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
1. Go to the Brothel in town( found in the Red Lantern District), request that your slaves can work there, and complete the side quest(any type of elf will work). Note, not every race can do sex work and not every slave will agree to do it(depends on traits or quest line status).

2. Prior to version 1.0, ropes cost 15 gold and were never returned, unless using certain mods. As of 1.0, ropes cost 50 gold and have a global durability(one value for all ropes owned by the player), which starts at 100% and subtracts 10% for each use(5% during sex). The decrease only effects the next use, so a rope is guaranteed to never break when fresh. In 1.0b, I fixed some cases where ropes could disappear without breaking.

My goal for this system was to avoid significantly changing the balance of the game and allow ropes to be used more than once. I tried to achieve this by ensuring that the average re-use case has a similar gold cost to the single use (ignoring the cost during sex, which is generally much lower than before). I also tried to avoid having a high cost worst case. The worst case(10% of total cases) is breakage after 2 uses, which has a cost of 25 gold per use. The average case(21% and 20% of total cases) should be breakage after 4 or 5 uses, which have costs of 12.5 or 10 gold per use. Getting more than 7 uses from the rope is rather unlikely(6% of total cases). The average cost of rope across all cases is 12.49 gold per use, but the players will generally feel that this is biased more towards the less favorable cases because they will tend to notice it more when they are unlucky.

edit: clarification of cases and added a bit more
Is 1.0b available somewhere? public version is 1.0a (and I don't see any other mention of it)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone else having 1.0a freeze up after nearly every story event? I'm having the game hang first at the return of emily, then at the joining the guild parts where I gave a slave away.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Anyone else having 1.0a freeze up after nearly every story event? I'm having the game hang first at the return of emily, then at the joining the guild parts where I gave a slave away.
Unless you have mods installed, chances are high that you are having troubles as a result of your system or hardware, as the game is quite stable with almost no hanging or crashing. There are 2 points where the game loads a massive amount of files into memory and can hang the game momentarily: the start and manual portrait selection. The most recent version 1.0d fixes several bugs and errors, but none of them sound like your issue.

The only significant action that comes to mind that occurs at all of the times you mentioned is posting of infotext to the right side of the screen, which is a GUI object that tends to have problems when the computer does not support the graphics. The Godot Engine has a history of problems with Intel integrated graphics and occasionally doesn't play nice with certain graphics drivers.

In case you wish to check for errors. For most systems(prior to v1.0d), the game starts with 2 windows: a game window and a console window that reports errors. The console is the easiest way to check for errors, though v1.0 does include the setting to enable file error logging.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Unless you have mods installed, chances are high that you are having troubles as a result of your system or hardware, as the game is quite stable with almost no hanging or crashing. There are 2 points where the game loads a massive amount of files into memory and can hang the game momentarily: the start and manual portrait selection. The most recent version 1.0d fixes several bugs and errors, but none of them sound like your issue.

The only significant action that comes to mind that occurs at all of the times you mentioned is posting of infotext to the right side of the screen, which is a GUI object that tends to have problems when the computer does not support the graphics. The Godot Engine has a history of problems with Intel integrated graphics and occasionally doesn't play nice with certain graphics drivers.

In case you wish to check for errors. For most systems(prior to v1.0d), the game starts with 2 windows: a game window and a console window that reports errors. The console is the easiest way to check for errors, though v1.0 does include the setting to enable file error logging.
I doubt it is my system, 0.5.2.4c worked just fine and was the last build I played. No, I am not running an outdated save, either. I started a new game. My graphics are Invidia based, not Intel, and I used to play 0.5.2.4c on a machine that only had Intel's integrated graphics on a far weaker i3 processor.

It isn't mods for sure since I'm running the game as it comes from the OP.

It could be that something in my copy got messed up somewhere in downloading or extracting, that's the only possibility I can think of that is both feasible and not specific to a version of the game or to my system.

EDIT: Further information acquired, alt+tabbing to try and get to the console window results in the game window reverting back to the age warning that pops up when you first open the game despite being in the middle of a save. This is DEFINITELY a bug at this point and it IS game breaking, but it can be worked around by saving constantly. It is also consistently crashing around the Sebastian market encounter early in the main quest with the youth and maturity potions. In other words, I can no longer continue the main quest after interacting with him there, it freezes every time. I do still believe this is potentially in my copy, that something got messed up in transit.

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I doubt it is my system, 0.5.2.4c worked just fine and was the last build I played. No, I am not running an outdated save, either. I started a new game. My graphics are Invidia based, not Intel, and I used to play 0.5.2.4c on a machine that only had Intel's integrated graphics on a far weaker i3 processor.

It isn't mods for sure since I'm running the game as it comes from the OP.

It could be that something in my copy got messed up somewhere in downloading or extracting, that's the only possibility I can think of that is both feasible and not specific to a version of the game or to my system.

EDIT: Further information acquired, alt+tabbing to try and get to the console window results in the game window reverting back to the age warning that pops up when you first open the game despite being in the middle of a save. This is DEFINITELY a bug at this point and it IS game breaking, but it can be worked around by saving constantly. It is also consistently crashing around the Sebastian market encounter early in the main quest with the youth and maturity potions. In other words, I can no longer continue the main quest after interacting with him there, it freezes every time. I do still believe this is potentially in my copy, that something got messed up in transit.
I don't play with full screen as it doesn't provide any benefits(also it wasn't the default), and in the past it has been prone to graphical problems though most of those have been resolved. I have tried to reproduce your problems without any success so far; no undue hanging or freezing nor any resetting to the start from alt+tabbing.

I generally recommend getting the game from itch.io as it is free to everyone and more up to date(v1.0d), though I understand that it is not always the best site for everyone to download from. Besides possibly getting a bad copy from this site, the most likely cause of problems in a local copy is using an older version of an zip archive extracting utility. Your problems do not appear consistent with indicators of a problem during extraction, but if you believe it to be a data problem then that is a more probable cause. The format for zip archives was altered at some point in recent years, which resulted in newer archives failing to extract correctly using older utilities. Contamination during download or from bad sectors on a hard drive are unlikely in my experience.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't play with full screen as it doesn't provide any benefits(also it wasn't the default), and in the past it has been prone to graphical problems though most of those have been resolved. I have tried to reproduce your problems without any success so far; no undue hanging or freezing nor any resetting to the start from alt+tabbing.

I generally recommend getting the game from itch.io as it is free to everyone and more up to date(v1.0d), though I understand that it is not always the best site for everyone to download from. Besides possibly getting a bad copy from this site, the most likely cause of problems in a local copy is using an older version of an zip archive extracting utility. Your problems do not appear consistent with indicators of a problem during extraction, but if you believe it to be a data problem then that is a more probable cause. The format for zip archives was altered at some point in recent years, which resulted in newer archives failing to extract correctly using older utilities. Contamination during download or from bad sectors on a hard drive are unlikely in my experience.
It definitely isn't an extraction or download corruption issue, I just tried a second copy, same result, though it did take some time for the freezing to start up again. I just thought of that being a possibility as it has happened to quite a few games on here when downloaded from the sources provided here.

I now believe this to be an in game issue in 1.0a, a bug in other words, that may be solved in the later builds, so I'll test with an itch.io download.

EDIT: The itch.io download confirmed my suspicions, there is a severe bug in 1.0a that 1.0d solves for sure.

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
It definitely isn't an extraction or download corruption issue, I just tried a second copy, same result, though it did take some time for the freezing to start up again. I just thought of that being a possibility as it has happened to quite a few games on here when downloaded from the sources provided here.

I now believe this to be an in game issue in 1.0a, a bug in other words, that may be solved in the later builds, so I'll test with an itch.io download.

EDIT: The itch.io download confirmed my suspicions, there is a severe bug in 1.0a that 1.0d solves for sure.
My guess would be that it was a Godot problem. Strive v1.0a uses Godot 3.1.2 and v1.0d uses Godot 3.2.4 beta, which should have a few critical fixes for graphical hardware conflicts. I'd forgotten about those fixes since Godot 3.2 was so riddled with problems that we have had to avoid it.

If so then this might be the first proof for Strive players that Godot finally managed to fix those conflicts after almost 2 years. This could be verified by renaming the 1.0a executable, copying it in the 1.0d folder, and running the 1.0a executable. If the problems are triggered by using the old executable with the new code, then it is not a bug caused by Strive code. Note that the reverse will not work; the 1.0d executable will not be compatible with the 1.0a game due to various changes they made.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
My guess would be that it was a Godot problem. Strive v1.0a uses Godot 3.1.2 and v1.0d uses Godot 3.2.4 beta, which should have a few critical fixes for graphical hardware conflicts. I'd forgotten about those fixes since Godot 3.2 was so riddled with problems that we have had to avoid it.

If so then this might be the first proof for Strive players that Godot finally managed to fix those conflicts after almost 2 years. This could be verified by renaming the 1.0a executable, copying it in the 1.0d folder, and running the 1.0a executable. If the problems are triggered by using the old executable with the new code, then it is not a bug caused by Strive code. Note that the reverse will not work; the 1.0d executable will not be compatible with the 1.0a game due to various changes they made.
In other words it might have been a hardware problem, but on the engine side, not actually my hardware. That would explain why I wasn't having a problem in previous builds before 1.0a AND why it was so annoying to solve when I did have the issues.

On a different note, now I have a real game issue, likely a rookie mistake I wouldn't have made back when I was playing 0.5.2.4 since I played much more regularly back at that point and am just getting restarted because of the newer build. I've hit a snag with Cali and, like a true rookie of the game, saved AFTER investigating her for her very first level up. The problem? She requires intimacy to be unlocked, but I already have it unlocked and asking for it doesn't seem to help nor does having sex. I've forgotten how that investigation target works.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
In other words it might have been a hardware problem, but on the engine side, not actually my hardware. That would explain why I wasn't having a problem in previous builds before 1.0a AND why it was so annoying to solve when I did have the issues.

On a different note, now I have a real game issue, likely a rookie mistake I wouldn't have made back when I was playing 0.5.2.4 since I played much more regularly back at that point and am just getting restarted because of the newer build. I've hit a snag with Cali and, like a true rookie of the game, saved AFTER investigating her for her very first level up. The problem? She requires intimacy to be unlocked, but I already have it unlocked and asking for it doesn't seem to help nor does having sex. I've forgotten how that investigation target works.
I don't establish singular blame for engine vs hardware for single conflicts as it takes 2 to tango, so the combination is the cause. If anything is changed then the conflict may be resolved; in some cases this meant changing graphics drivers. The conflict likely began in v0.5.24 when Mav changed to OpenGL ES 2.0 from 3.0, but that is speculation.

Intimacy is unlocked when the character agrees to sex after you use the Propose(edit: called Request intimacy in game) action during the Meet interaction, but it skips the unlock check once it has been unlocked. It should not be possible to get that level-up requirement after unlocking intimacy, as having it locked is required for that requirement. I'm very curious of how you managed to get around that requirement.

If it is indeed bugged, then only resolution in game would be to use an oblivion potion to reset the requirement. Otherwise, you could edit the save file(make a backup first) to change Cali's consent to false. It can be easier to use a online JSON editor to make changes to the save file text.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't establish singular blame for engine vs hardware for single conflicts as it takes 2 to tango, so the combination is the cause. If anything is changed then the conflict may be resolved; in some cases this meant changing graphics drivers. The conflict likely began in v0.5.24 when Mav changed to OpenGL ES 2.0 from 3.0, but that is speculation.

Intimacy is unlocked when the character agrees to sex after you use the Propose action during the Meet interaction, but it skips the unlock check once it has been unlocked. It should not be possible to get that level-up requirement after unlocking intimacy, as having it locked is required for that requirement. I'm very curious of how you managed to get around that requirement.

If it is indeed bugged, then only resolution in game would be to use an oblivion potion to reset the requirement. Otherwise, you could edit the save file(make a backup first) to change Cali's consent to false. It can be easier to use a online JSON editor to make changes to the save file text.
I triggered the investigation at about the same time as the step in her side quest where I have to get to her village as quickly as possible. I skipped a day and she immediately came to me to confess, then I investigated. I go to the interact screen and it says unlocked, but it acts like it is locked as far as the investigation.

I'm looking at the flag now, interestingly, it is marked False. This is a definite bug. EDIT: Fixed, marking it false did as intended and I am back on track with her.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I triggered the investigation at about the same time as the step in her side quest where I have to get to her village as quickly as possible. I skipped a day and she immediately came to me to confess, then I investigated. I go to the interact screen and it says unlocked, but it acts like it is locked as far as the investigation.

I'm looking at the flag now, interestingly, it is marked False. This is a definite bug. EDIT: Fixed, marking it false did as intended and I am back on track with her.
Sorry, I rushed out a response before I left for soccer. During the drive there I realized where a potential logic gap existed that could allow this to occur.

Unlocking intimacy is called consent in the code and in some text (one of several conceptual inconsistencies). Several quest events, especially ones where the player has sex with the unique character, grant consent, which is often intended to maintain consistency of the character with the quest text. However, consent granted by quests does not update the level-up requirement.

Simply put, the way to trigger this bug is by investigating the level-up of certain unique characters right before gaining consent through their quest line. Fortunately it should be quite unlikely for most people to get this bug. Not to hard to fix this bug, I will probably put together a bugfix patch at some point.

Reactions: alex2011
4.20 star(s) 47 Votes