Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed STWA-The Author - Audio/Walkthrough/Cheating Mod [Ch7.1b] [KoGa3]

D

Deleted member 3027200

Okay, I'm glad it worked out now.
At the moment I'm using Bandizip, but this is only one of many good free programs for ZIP files (for example 7-Zip, PeaZip, Zipgenius).
Thank you

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Looks like you updated, but I'm getting this error on any save I try to load:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry to hear that.
What kind of Game/Mod combination do you use? The single files (Original Game download Ch5.1 + extra Mod download Ch5.1) or the Complete/Compressed download Version Ch5.1? I tested both variants on my PC, I could load saves there without problems. Talking about the saves: Original saves without my Mod will probably not work!

One more thing: If you use the original game download, you must check if it is the latest version from the OP! It was updated this morning from the developer again! There was a problem with a wrong RenPy version in the "old" one. The right file name is (no joke) TheAuthor-Ch.5.1_Imstupidedition-pc.zip.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
I deleted my post.... I'm pretty sure it's the game's issue, not your mods. Author compiled on an old version of RenPy.

He's fixed that and I've redownloaded it, so will try it and your mod shortly then repot back if still a problem.

Reactions: KoGa3

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
One more thing: If you use the original game download, you must check if it is the latest version from the OP! It was updated this morning from the developer again! There was a problem with a wrong RenPy version in the "old" one. The right file name is (no joke) TheAuthor-Ch.5.1_Imstupidedition-pc.zip.
Yeah, that was the issue.

Your mod works fine with the corrected game download. (y)

TritonSands

Mar 7, 2020
Just wanted to say I'd downloaded and played the game for 15 minutes yesterday. Then i saw your audio walkthrough mod and decided to try it..I downloaded the slightly compressed version with the mod installed and restarted the game..I liked the music and sound effects.They really put some life into the game. Even wondered if the game dev would be interested in offering or including it with the game. Thanks very much for creating and posting it.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
KoGa3 The game thread hasn't been updated as of this post, but its author just posted links to the new version, FYI. Thanks for your work on this mod, it's appreciated. :)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
KoGa3 Just a q. Why did you choose the Dru path as the best path, saying to go home alone and not to Lyndie? I guess I could check the script, but, I don't get much time to play anything anymore and I'd rather spend it playing and not script checking. lol

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 Just a q. Why did you choose the Dru path as the best path, saying to go home alone and not to Lyndie? I guess I could check the script, but, I don't get much time to play anything anymore and I'd rather spend it playing and not script checking. lol
I recommended the Dru path as the best one?
You mean here?
There should actually - as shown in the pic - only be blue hints, no recommendation.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I recommended the Dru path as the best one?
You mean here?

There should actually - as shown in the pic - only be blue hints, no recommendation.
Yes. That one. I've been on the Bea path on my main save and a solo Lyndie on my other. Never even thought about Dru like that. So, is there a benefit to going with Dru, or is that just the path you prefer?

Untitled.jpg

I'm still working on 5. Your screen above looks different.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Yes. That one. I've been on the Bea path on my main save and a solo Lyndie on my other. Never even thought about Dru like that. So, is there a benefit to going with Dru, or is that just the path you prefer?

View attachment 970955

I'm still working on 5. Your screen above looks different.
Well, are you sure this is my Mod?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Yes. Yours is the only one I use for this game.

STWA-TheAuthor Mod Ch5__KoGa3.zip
Strange. I just checked, at this point it shows in your pic only the default values for the walkthrough, not the ones actually intended for this point in the game. Can you try taking one/two steps back in the game at this point (mouse wheel up) and then continue?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Strange. I just checked, at this point it shows in your pic only the default values for the walkthrough, not the ones actually intended for this point in the game. Can you try taking one/two steps back in the game at this point (mouse wheel up) and then continue?
Did that and now it's different? Are you using magic or something? lol There's just the choices and nothing highlighted. Like it's vanilla. Grrr I'll just dl the new game update and your updated mod. But, if the screen you posted up there doesn't have the Bea choice now, I might just go vanilla for this.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Did that and now it's different? Are you using magic or something? lol There's just the choices and nothing highlighted. Like it's vanilla. Grrr I'll just dl the new game update and your updated mod. But, if the screen you posted up there doesn't have the Bea choice now, I might just go vanilla for this.
Maybe I have a clue...if you go back a few steps, is the walkthrough in the mod menu then disabled? If so, activate it and continue with the game.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Maybe I have a clue...if you go back a few steps, is the walkthrough in the mod menu then disabled? If so, activate it and continue with the game.
In preferences? There's nothing listed. Even your setting 'Jukebox' isn't there. So, I don't know. Maybe something broke in Linux? Do you have a version that's just your music?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
In preferences? There's nothing listed. Even your setting 'Jukebox' isn't there. So, I don't know. Maybe something broke in Linux? Do you have a version that's just your music?
No, only one version with all functions. There seems that maybe something is wrong with the Mod installation. You tried to restart the game?
Edit: we can also chat on my (barely used by me) discord if you want, link is in my sig.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
No, only one version with all functions. There seems that maybe something is wrong with the Mod installation. You tried to restart the game?
No. Didn't want to restart, but, I'll test it out. See if the mod activates with a new start.

Edit:

It works on a new game:

Untitled.jpg

Edit 2:
Untitled.jpg

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
No. Didn't want to restart, but, I'll test it out. See if the mod activates with a new start.

Edit:

It works on a new game:

View attachment 971043

Edit 2:
View attachment 971044
OK, with a new game it seems to work...
One more Q.: when you load that save, is there a red button "activate Mod icon" on the buttom of the sreen?
STWA_02.jpg

or is there already my Mod icon on the top/right of the screen:
STWA_03.jpg

If nothing comes up, can you "borrow" me your save to test it?