Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed STWA-The Author - Audio/Walkthrough/Cheating Mod [Ch7.1b] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well, to bad.
Again, if you want you can send me your save and I'll try to load it in my game and maybe I can fix it.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I sent it to a friend and it works fine for him, but, he's also using the new update of your mod and the game. So, I will dl both myself but, if the choice for Bea is gone, I might just skip it. Or when I have time, I'll add the choice back in.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Ok.
One hint for the Bea choice: the variable "beatrixthanksgivinginvite" must be "1" at that point, otherwise this does not show up there. And this variable is set to "1" beforehand in the game only if you have enough Beatrix points/are on her route. Well, in my "more cheating" you could change that, too...

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Ok.
One hint for the Bea choice: the variable "beatrixthanksgivinginvite" must be "1" at that point, otherwise this does not show up there. And this variable is set to "1" beforehand in the game only if you have enough Beatrix points/are on her route. Well, in my "more cheating" you could change that, too...
I have the points with her on my main save. I have hardly any with the others. lol

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Time for the last update Koga :)
Short note:
I've made a patch file for my Mod Ch6 so it is compatible with the new game release Ch7.1. Also I already integrated the walkthrough hints for chapter 7 and updated the variables in the "more cheating" Mod option. Download links are on the Mod main page.

One reason for the prior patch is that the complete Mod update with music/audio will take a while. That' s because this game release is really big. In comparison: an update of Rebirth or Hillside has about 1500-2000 code lines - for this I usually need approx 3-4 hours. But this update has almost 10.000 code lines and has many routes...:oops:

• Wow
Reactions: HornyyPussy

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
so instructions are pretty clear but do i need the 6.x version in the spoiler then 7 pre patch for this? or is it already "patched" with the main download

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
so instructions are pretty clear but do i need the 6.x version in the spoiler then 7 pre patch for this? or is it already "patched" with the main download
Yes, you still have to patch it

Installation:
1. the game Ch7.1 (from the game page)
2. the "old" Mod Ch6 from the spoiler
3. the Mod patch Ch7pre

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018

Installation:
3. the Mod patch Ch7pre
thanks honestly downloaded the game last night but been waiting on one of these walkthrough mods to update before i played it

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018

Installation:
3. the Mod patch Ch7pre
Can you maybe upload "Mod only Ch6" to mega.nz because link to gofile not working and dowload from mediafire is so slow (file have only ~130 MB and it shows me a download time of 30 minutes even though I have a 500 Mbps connection).

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Can you maybe upload "Mod only Ch6" to mega.nz because link to gofile not working and dowload from mediafire is so slow (file have only ~130 MB and it shows me a download time of 30 minutes even though I have a 500 Mbps connection).
Sorry, I can't use Mega.nz for this (need it for my working account), but I've uploaded it on gofile again and added workupload, too.

Reactions: Mario4don

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
I don't know if this is because of your mod or the game itself but i got this error at the starting of 2nd chapter

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/movienight34.webp'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2797, in script
    scene movienight34 with dissolve
Exception: Could not load image u'images/movienight34.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/movienight34.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
TheAuthor Ch.7
Mon Mar 01 22:04:21 2021

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I don't know if this is because of your mod or the game itself but i got this error at the starting of 2nd chapter

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/movienight34.webp'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\____\Desktop\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
    raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
TheAuthor Ch.7
Mon Mar 01 22:04:21 2021
Seems there is a problem when loading a picture (movienight34.webp) from the original game, maybe it's damaged/corrupted. I've uploaded that pic, download the zip and extract the the pic into the folder ...\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\game\images\, overwriting the existing one.

Reactions: d_pedestrian

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
I installed the Mod, however, whenever I try to open it to save the game, it accuses me of an error, and with that it makes it impossible for me to save.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Uninstall the mod and wait for the updated mod. It's currently awaiting update. Could be awhile.
this mod works for the last update, the only thing that isn't updated is the music and yes i'm sure since i just finished the game with this mod ;)