Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed STWA-The Author - Audio/Walkthrough/Cheating Mod [Ch7.1b] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I installed the Mod, however, whenever I try to open it to save the game, it accuses me of an error, and with that it makes it impossible for me to save.
It seems you dont have (or not correctly) installed the still needed Mod Ch6. Here again the installation steps till I've finished my Mod (unfortunately, that will take more time as aspected, probably won't work out this weekend, too):

1. install the main game Ch7.1 (from the game page)

2. install the "old" Mod Ch6 from the spoiler
there you have to copy the extracted rpy files and the folders "audio", "music" AND "gui" (there is your missing "button_delete_idle.png") to your game folder .../TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc/game/

3. install the Mod patch Ch7pre2
there you have to copy the extracted rpy files again to the game folder, overwriting the existing ones.

Since I am not able to finish the music/audio for Ch7 soon I probably will upload "interim" Mod files with the patch file already included, so that the installation of my Mod is a little bit easier for the moment.

Edit:
I've already uploaded these new download files with the included Mod patch + I've done a quick Android port, too

Last edited:
Reactions: fooder

ramson32

Sep 19, 2017
hi koga3 when mod for complete chapter 7 will be updated ???Can't play final chapter without your mod

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
hi koga3 when mod for complete chapter 7 will be updated ???Can't play final chapter without your mod
Hi. I was able to work a bit on the music/audio integration in the meantime. Actually I just wanted to start with it today - but then couldn't stop... this game is simply amazing. Still: the game update is huge, if I had to guess I would say I have at best half of Ch7 done. So I can't say a fixed date yet. But: if nothing comes in between (Hillside...) maybe even today or tomorrow!

Edit:
I've done the music/audio Mod integration for the game chapter 7 - so it's finished for the completed game now. As always I hope there are not to many bugs "integrated" as well...

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Finally I've done the music/audio Mod integration for the game chapter 7 - so it's finished for the completed game. As always I hope there are not to many bugs "integrated" as well...
Damn it. Just when we were starting to enjoy the bugs. walks off grumbling

• Haha
Reactions: KoGa3

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hi. I was able to work a bit on the music/audio integration in the meantime. Actually I just wanted to start with it today - but then couldn't stop... this game is simply amazing. Still: the game update is huge, if I had to guess I would say I have at best half of Ch7 done. So I can't say a fixed date yet. But: if nothing comes in between (Hillside...) maybe even today or tomorrow!

Edit:
I've done the music/audio Mod integration for the game chapter 7 - so it's finished for the completed game now. As always I hope there are not to many bugs "integrated" as well...
Awesomeness, thank you so much for doing this.

uNderdog_101

Jan 19, 2018
Does choosing a route lock out other routes? I'm doing a throuple run for my first time through, and the recommended choice is a "Kimberly route" path, will that lock me out of the ending I'm aiming for?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
removed my comment / KoGa3

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, I tried to integrate that as good as possible. But this is not a harem game where you can see all scenes, choices do matter and therefore for your route. And it was not always 100% possible to separate these routes completely. That's also why I call my walkthrough more a "choices recommendations" function.

Nevertheless, if there is only one recommendation in a game choice, then this actually should not have any major impact on the other routes. It's then mostly for that specific route important.
Not trying to step on toes here. Because I like your mods.

Does choosing a route lock out other routes? I'm doing a throuple run for my first time through, and the recommended choice is a "Kimberly route" path, will that lock me out of the ending I'm aiming for?
But, if you're looking to play on a specific route, you might want to try IAmAB's mod.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Game crashes if I pick Bea between a choice of Aoife, Lyn, Bea or nobody (4 choices) at the end of chapter 3 I think is it, you pick which one you wanna spend the night with. If i pick Bea it happens.

Since it looked like a sound issue i tried disabling all the extra music in the options. It worked, which is a relief, but its very annoying though. If effects is ON, it crashes on clicking Bea every time.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 13869, in script
play audio [ Knock_01_2x, "<silence 0.1>", Knock_02_1x ] noloop
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 120, in execute_play_music
renpy.music.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
File "game/script.rpy", line 13869, in <module>
NameError: name 'Knock_02_1x' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 13869, in script
File "E:\Program\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\Program\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\Program\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 120, in execute_play_music
renpy.music.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
File "E:\Program\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\Program\TheAuthor-Ch.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 13869, in <module>
NameError: name 'Knock_02_1x' is not defined

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Game crashes if I pick Bea between a choice of Aoife, Lyn, Bea or nobody (4 choices) at the end of chapter 3 I think is it, you pick which one you wanna spend the night with. If i pick Bea it happens.

Since it looked like a sound issue i tried disabling all the extra music in the options. It worked, which is a relief, but its very annoying though. If effects is ON, it crashes on clicking Bea every time.
Thanks for the info, I already can see the issue in my Mod from your log file. I'll make a patch for it soon.

Edit:
Finished the bug fix. But since I already made this changes I also did some small Mod enhancements, too (added "additional game settings", made some changes to the "named saves" etc)

Here the patch from Mod version v0.7.1a to the new v0.7.1b:

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlueDude